Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread

I main Lucas. I just can't get used to any other characters for some reason... And PK Thunder-rocketing into people is always fun. Recovering can always be a bitch though, especially when people edge-hog.

Edit: I mean, I used to main Lucas, until my Brawl disc broke :/

I used to play Brawl until my GC controller broke :/ I mained Pika, Kirby, Samus, and then Captain falcon for epic falcon punches and sacred combo

Maybe we should do it in site vs site format again. lol
That took too much work and effort. I think we should have a singles tournament, with double elimination. How are we going to do the prizes though is the main issue.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
That took too much work and effort. I think we should have a singles tournament, with double elimination. How are we going to do the prizes though is the main issue.
As long as we aren't worried about "ranking" our top players, it wouldn't be that much of a hassle. It takes about as much effort to contact their players as it would take to contact those amongst ourselves.

As long as we aren't worried about "ranking" our top players, it wouldn't be that much of a hassle. It takes about as much effort to contact their players as it would take to contact those amongst ourselves.
We talking online or meeting somewhere?

Anyone get really annoyed when playing against Pit?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you guys were in the Brawl Boards, I'D be telling you guys what to do. (Is a veteran)

Edit: It was hard. Especially coping with Ness being a mediocre character and Metaknight being the best (I fucking hate that guy) but through sheer determination/will power (and massive amounts of therapy) I got over it. Hell Ness is low mid now so that's even better.

Brawl + and BBrawl are games people should definetely pick up.
Also obligatory: SAKURAIIIIIIII

I mained Falco in both Melee and Brawl and he kicks ass in both.
I haven't been playing as much lately, but when I do, I try work on my Metaknight skills.
The online features need to suck less.

Lucas = The best. Whenever me and my friends play, I usually play as someone else (usually ZSS or luigi [landing that upB is awesome]) but when they bring stupid pit out I choose lucas and they're all Shit.... Cause I never lose with Lucas yo.
I also like to use sonic, but he isn't that good 1vs1, he's better in 4 player matches where he can avoid straight fighting and instead run in and get cheap hits with his dash attack.
Aggreing that a big brawl tourney would be fun, I'm kinda outa practice and I've never really played competiavly but it would be fun

I main marth because he is well balanced, easy to play with, medium range techniques, a counter attack, and has a very powerful final smash. Although, I haven't played brawl in 3 months so my skills might be a bit rusty if there is a tournament.

like Johann, i haven't played Brawl for a while. it may even be like 7 months for me. but i mained game and watch, and i got to the level where i could beat meta knights and snakes and all that high-tiered crap. i almost beat fatal if that counts for anything lol.

I main Ganondorf. Not for the lulz, not to disprove tiers, not because I'm a Zelda fan, but because he is a damn interesting character to play, and people can't complain they lost because of a bad matchup.

Snake and Falco are damn annoying, and let's not get into the fact I have 3 100:0 matchups.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
I play da Boss Diddy, Marth is my second choice. Diddy is a good character but he lacks power which can really hurt him in some matchups :(

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Diddy's Fair and dsmash are pretty scary. Not sure about fair, but he has a legitimate setup into dsmash. I don't understand this lack of power you speak of.

I play da Boss Diddy, Marth is my second choice. Diddy is a good character but he lacks power which can really hurt him in some matchups :(
That's why nanas were invented silly. my secondary is peach. Third and forth would probably be wolf and lucario. projectiles <3

Diddy's Fair and dsmash are pretty scary. Not sure about fair, but he has a legitimate setup into dsmash. I don't understand this lack of power you speak of.
In comparison to other characters, diddy is not that powerful. Rarely can you beat someone (at least, someone who's good) with pure force. It's more about strategy with diddy since it's not as easy to get those early kills like it is with say Ike, Gannon, etc.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Diddy isn't very "powerful" in terms of instant damage, but his method of stage control racks up damage at a decent rate. That said, the lack of power doesn't seem to "hurt" Diddy in matchups since he has the tools to make up for that. After that, he has a number of viable kill moves and setups into them. Iirc, glide toss -> dsmash kills some characters in the early 100 percentages (fresh)? If not, it knocks them back pretty far to setup for edgeguarding.

Tbh, I'm just trying to understand how we're using the term "power" here. If it's killing power, Diddy definitely has it. Fair and dsmash are solid finishers and I think even bair has its uses in edgeguarding. If it's accumulating damage, Diddy can't do it as instantly as someone like Ganon (or kill as early), but it goes without saying that he's more liable to get more hits in over a shorter period of time, and unlike Ganon or Ike, he has actual setups into those kill moves. One vital difference between Diddy and such characters is that Diddy has an easier time landing the moves that he needs to just from standard game play. Characters with slower, unsafe moves often have to mind game their way into their laggier moves.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Sonic is my name, speed's my game. That's who I main (then comes Lucario, and then Ike *WE LIKE IKE!!!*). I usually play Sonic only in full games with four players in it. Otherwise, I play as Lucario, because I like the fact that he hits hard after taking alot of damage.

Sonic is a cheat code.

Captain FALCON.

AND ROB.

they both have viable air combos in brawl, but zerosamus has range and agility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)