Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Request a Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
persons said:
blagh blagh banned stages
Delfino is 800% Neutral, and Halberd possibly so as well despite the hazards. Plus PKMN STDM 1 as neutral, Greens Greens/Corneria/mebbe Rainbow Cruise as counterpick, and Jungle Japes in that neutral/CP borderline.

You need to definitely mix up your game though. You became predictable afterwards and I'd stop missing opportunities to punish you, even though your Samus is great. And you seemed to fall into a set pattern depending on the situation, like you'll follow your Zair with a throw in almost every situation. That and I just got used to Samus in general.

It seems your Samus has a bit of trouble with really aggressive play, as well. Mix it up some and you'll be fine. When you played my Pit, I don't think you knew what to do, because once you approached I played him ridiculously aggressive, which you probably haven't seen happen before.

Your Pikachu was interesting as well. He was clearly good, and he'd be great if you threw some D-Smash in his mix. You didn't D-Smash me once. Also, you used QAC a bit too much going up and down. I'd only recommend doing it once or twice.
Thanks, I've mostly been practicing with Samus.... I hadn't touched Pikachu in a while so I thought I'd see if I could still use him. Since I B-Stick with Samus it was hard to remember to C-Stick that DSmash, I ended up running and up-smashing repeatedly and trying to see if I could still QAC right... Also thanks for the advice on my samus, I knew it would get predictable, but I didn't know it would get predictable so quickly.

That was the first pit I have played besides a CPU :/ From that CPU all you learn is that Bair is his killing move (which I'm not sure you used to kill me, I think you mostly used FSmash?) and that it's useless to use projectiles on him, that's about it. Also regarding that pit, I'm pretty sure at one point you sent me at some obscene angle downwards and I didn't get to see what attack it was because I was too busy trying to recover. I know I was at a high percent but it was still REALLY surprising.. I think it came out of the pit but I don't remember...

Also I wanted to say Diddy is now one of my least favorite characters to fight, and you worked those bananas that I had no idea how to deal with. Those matches were so frustrating I just started rolling towards bananas because nothing else was working.

PS: I didn't realize Zelda's reflector lasted until every little shard disappeared, I thought it ended when the diamond disappeared :/...

/late reply

Edit: When I said useless to use projectiles on pit, I was exaggerating... it's not entirely useless all the time, you just can't really expect much of what you shoot to hit.

Also thanks for the advice on my samus, I knew it would get predictable, but I didn't know it would get predictable so quickly.
No problem man. I started to understand your Samus playstyle in the first match, and really started to grasp it by her second to last stock. Not everyone would grasp it that quickly though, but some will.

which I'm not sure you used to kill me, I think you mostly used FSmash?
Actually the first life you lost was to Bair. However F-smash would of done the trick as well.

I'm pretty sure at one point you sent me at some obscene angle downwards and I didn't get to see what attack it was because I was too busy trying to recover.
I'm not quite sure if I had used a D-smash, his Nair, or U-air. Though it was quite possible it was just due to bad DI from a B-air.

Edit: When I said useless to use projectiles on pit, I was exaggerating... it's not entirely useless all the time, you just can't really expect much of what you shoot to hit.
That depends on the character. Samus just can't get anything off and all her moves can be reflected. If I see a full blast charged, I often try to bait them out to use it, though, where I'd just reflect it back.

What the freak, roger? Do you only know how to play fd? I was only choosing neutral stages, so don't be a (BAN ME PLEASE) when yoshi's island or delfino plaza gets picked. Either learn to play on the standard stages, or make sure people understand beforehand that you only want to play fd or whatever, but either way, don't complain when someone picks a neutral stage against you without any set rules beforehand.

For the record, the neutral stages are FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Island, Smashville, and (debatable) Battleship Halberd. Don't complain just because it was assumed you were playing by standard rules.

Anyway, I'll take you up on that epic, if you're still interested. Roger whines too much for me to stand to keep playing him.

What the freak, roger? Do you only know how to play fd? I was only choosing neutral stages, so don't be a (BAN ME PLEASE) when yoshi's island or delfino plaza gets picked. Either learn to play on the standard stages, or make sure people understand beforehand that you only want to play fd or whatever, but either way, don't complain when someone picks a neutral stage against you without any set rules beforehand.
im used to play on fd because is the only tourny stage im used to aslo dont call me (BAN ME PLEASE) tahts not reason to say that, aslo you used to say on your sig " only fd 4 play"? am i right?

Um... no. I NEVER said that ONCE. In fact, I hate FD more than any other neutral stage. It's fine every once in a while, but the edges are gay, and the stage is in general just boring to play on. In terms of a neutral, completely static stage, battlefield>>>>>>>fd imo.

im used to play on fd because is the only tourny stage im used to aslo dont call me (BAN ME PLEASE) tahts not reason to say that, aslo you used to say on your sig " only fd 4 play"? am i right?
So instead of mentioning that you only play on FD, you simply quit whenever someone picks a neutral stage?

At least fucking mention that the only stage you will ever play is FD, otherwise people will assume neutral/counterpick stages are allowed.

Yeah come join my room Lg. Actually I prefer FD over battlefield. If anything over FD it would be Smashville. Hopefully it wont be too laggy this time.

Um... no. I NEVER said that ONCE. In fact, I hate FD more than any other neutral stage. It's fine every once in a while, but the edges are gay, and the stage is in general just boring to play on. In terms of a neutral, completely static stage, battlefield>>>>>>>fd imo.
yeah i had no problem fighting on battlefield but i cant stand that pltaform in yoshi's island it mess my aerial game play, and delfino sucks for many reasons im not going to explain now, and kira(L )- lg theres no need no talk like that i just dont like the stages ok?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Link gives Olimar trouble since when? Even if he did, you'd be obligated to mention Toon Link as well since he's nothing but a buffed version of regular Link.

Smashville / Battlefield / Yoshi's Story >>> FD, which has stupid edges and is much more biased to campy play (neutral, my ass) by virtue of being too large and having no platforms for projectile evasion. At any rate, we have a separate thread for discussions I'm leaving in an hour so I'm not available for brawls.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you guys want, I'll write up a list on the first post of stages that are neutral/counterpick/banned, but be warned that I am very liberal with this sort of stuff and there would be maybe 10 banned stages and like 30 legal ones. It'll be like the old Smogon Battle Me topic where you'll just say first page is "Standard" rules. If you want to have more stages banned in your matches, you have to explicitly state those.

Smash Back Room has made no official stage list yet so there's no standard to use. The picture posted earlier is not a standard ban list. Norfair is leaning towards counter-pick in the back room.

Link gives Olimar trouble since when? Even if he did, you'd be obligated to mention Toon Link as well since he's nothing but a buffed version of regular Link.

Smashville / Battlefield / Yoshi's Story >>> FD, which has stupid edges and is much more biased to campy play (neutral, my ass) by virtue of being too large and having no platforms for projectile evasion. At any rate, we have a separate thread for discussions I'm leaving in an hour so I'm not available for brawls.
Well Link is basically a downgraded Toon Link. Toon Link gives Olimar a lot of problems, as does the downgraded version.

Plus Link has longer range, and is stronger with his attacks. So it makes it very hard for Olimar to approach, or even get a move in.

Also yes, Smashville+ BattleField >>>>>> FD

FD has some pretty bad edges now.

Sweet, Norfair is my favorite counterpick, and I would be really upset if it ended up getting banned. :D

How about the Pirate Ship?

And that would be amazing, Firestorm.

EDIT: I personally like FD over those. I don't know why, but whenever I play on a stage with platforms other than Delphino or Norfair, the other play abuses them with huge range. I don't camp; I play G&W. But the edge is pretty messed up. I sometimes get stuck using my recovery. Smashville is ok, I guess. Lucario is more shafted there than he is at Final D :[

And until I get my wii back, I can't brawl. Later tonight, though ;D

GGs epic. You're too good =P

edit: Firestorm, imo we should have some actual discussion about what should be legal here, instead of just one person doing it. Maybe a thread for stage discussion or something.

@whoever mentioned pirate ship: The only reason it wouldn't be counterpick are the bombs and the catapult, both of which if you actually pay attention during a match shouldn't be a problem.

Sweet, Norfair is my favorite counterpick, and I would be really upset if it ended up getting banned. :D

How about the Pirate Ship?

And that would be amazing, Firestorm.
I personally hate Pirate Ship. That catapult gets annoying. Same with the cannon balls. Plus it sucks that once I get knocked off the stage all my pikmin, barring the blue ones, die...

Although I still say counter-pick. It does not interfere enough to get banned.

Those were some good games there Leaf Green, you have a very good fox.

One thing that I think you should add into your game more often is throws, which would add some variety to your attack plan. You might also want to start throwing some more laser shots in when your further away from your foe sometimes like once or twice a match to keep your opponent guessing.

Some of your combos were very good and I got stuck in them lol. You got some good shines in, your damn good with that thing. You gimped me one game when I was using Falco and it pushed me off when I was in the attack animation XD.

But thanks for the matches man, they were definitely fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)