Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Request a Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeahah, those were some good ass matches, definitely fun stuff.

I was dissappointed you didn't use your zelda or TL, though.
Next time for sure. My four will definitely be down for some more action. Wanted to improve some of my other characters too, though.

nobody uses hyrule, ask them. alot of stages are banned because people can cheat on them.
the only people who use hyrule are partyfags. XD

Hyrule has always been banned. Most people here don't like using stages that were banned in tournies (Hyrule) , or are obviously going to be banned (WarioWare)

nobody uses hyrule, ask them. alot of stages are banned because people can cheat on them.
the only people who use hyrule are partyfags. XD
I like hyrule it's my favorite stage.... w/e so in other words you'll only use the stages battlefield and Fd? Could have said something earlier...

Hyrule has always been banned. Most people here don't like using stages that were banned in tournies (Hyrule) , or are obviously going to be banned (WarioWare)
You've never said anything about hyrule before...

I'm looking for somebody to brawl me and have it recorded for youtube - Brawl Friend code 3995-6166-0350

I'll only put it on youtube if it's close, and I consider a close match where both players are on their last stock and at 100%+ before the battle ends

Also if you want to be recorded, you need to have aim or skype or msn so we can discuss if we both want the match to be put on youtube/if it was a close game. Plus I need time inbetween matches to clear video data and it would be much more convient if you had aim or skype messaging.

-Rules 3/4 stock
-No items
-Final destination is the prefered stage but I will fight elsewhere

PM me or post if interested

I'm looking for somebody to brawl me and have it recorded for youtube - Brawl Friend code 3995-6166-0350

I'll only put it on youtube if it's close, and I consider a close match where both players are on their last stock and at 100%+ before the battle ends

Also if you want to be recorded, you need to have aim or skype or msn so we can discuss if we both want the match to be put on youtube/if it was a close game. Plus I need time inbetween matches to clear video data and it would be much more convient if you had aim or skype messaging.

-Rules 3/4 stock
-No items

so, if i 4 stock you, you wont put it on youtube?

-Rules 3/4 stock
-No items

Wait are you recording it or am I? I'll do it if you're recording.

so, if i 4 stock you, you wont put it on youtube?
No 4 stock is perfectly fine, the / meant 3 or 4 stock

Edit: Nevermind I know what you meant now.

Probably not unless you really really want me to. A video of me being four stocked would just be embarassing, sorry I hope you understand

Edit 2:

Wait are you recording it or am I? I'll do it if you're recording.
I was going to to the recording, but I really prefer it if you have aim or something

No 4 stock is perfectly fine, the / meant 3 or 4 stock

Edit: Nevermind I know what you meant now.

Probably not unless you really really want me to. A video of me being four stocked would just be embarassing, sorry I hope you understand

Edit 2:

I was going to to the recording, but I really prefer it if you have aim or something
Well, I have MSN. Is that okay?

I like hyrule it's my favorite stage.... w/e so in other words you'll only use the stages battlefield and Fd? Could have said something earlier...

You've never said anything about hyrule before...
First off, very very few people will be against playing on a neutral stage, of which there are 6 or 7 or so. The neutral stages are fd, battlefield, yoshi's island (new version), lylat cruise, smashville, delfino plaza, and (debatable) battleship halberd. Other than those, any stage not on this list (which was posted only a few posts ago... you seem to have missed it) is considered legal:

Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Spear Pillar
WarioWare
New Pork City
75m
Mario Bros
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
Distant Planet
Pictochat

Although bridge of eldin, skyworld, port town - aero drive, mario circuit, pokemon stadium 2, the summit, onett, and shadow moses island are all well on their way to being banned, as well. Of these, mario circuit is the most likely to remain counterpick (the only thing it really has going against it is the walk-off edges; the cars don't kill until very high percentages, unlike port town, where the cars can kill you at 80%), and it and onett are probably the only ones among these I wouldn't be tempted to quit instantly on. The main thing onett has going against it is its walls, but we'll just have to see how bad they are in this game; it was a counterpick in much of melee's life. It has a chance of being counterpick again, and is on the borderline for being banned this game. Anyway, I might deal with port town or eldin occasionally, but they're both really awful stages. Port town for the aforementioned cars, and eldin for 1) being double walkoff, 2) its huge size with no platforms, 3) DDD chaingrabs on said walk-off sides, 4) the bomb killing you at ridiculous percents if you're hit into it, and 5) said explosion breaking up the fight. If either skyworld or stadium 2 is picked, I will quit instantly every time. There is no reason either of these stages should be legal, and their very design interrupts gameplay. I'll also play shadow moses if it gets chosen against me, but think about it: it heavily favors characters that kill off the top, and also encourages wall infinites, while anything that launches a foe horizontally is just a tech fest. Considering both characters I play (fox and pika as a secondary, although I haven't been playing pika as much lately) kill off the top as their primary way to finish a foe, and both can take advantage of wall infinites, this isn't a very fair match to my opponent 9 times out of 10. Which leaves the summit, which is just plain an awful stage; low friction causing characters to slide everywhere, it messes with air physics when it's sliding, it has water (swimming screws with stuff, so I do consider this a negative against it), it's missing a ledge on one side screwing over tether recoveries (iirc on this last one). Oh, and did I mention that the fish is basically an auto-kill if it hits you? By the time all is said and done, I expect each of these stages to be banned, while mario circuit and onett might go counterpick.

First off, very very few people will be against playing on a neutral stage, of which there are 6 or 7 or so. The neutral stages are fd, battlefield, yoshi's island (new version), lylat cruise, smashville, delfino plaza, and (debatable) battleship halberd. Other than those, any stage not on this list (which was posted only a few posts ago... you seem to have missed it) is considered legal:

Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Spear Pillar
WarioWare
New Pork City
75m
Mario Bros
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
Distant Planet
Pictochat

Although bridge of eldin, skyworld, port town - aero drive, mario circuit, pokemon stadium 2, the summit, onett, and shadow moses island are all well on their way to being banned, as well. Of these, mario circuit is the most likely to remain counterpick (the only thing it really has going against it is the walk-off edges; the cars don't kill until very high percentages, unlike port town, where the cars can kill you at 80%), and it and onett are probably the only ones among these I wouldn't be tempted to quit instantly on. The main thing onett has going against it is its walls, but we'll just have to see how bad they are in this game; it was a counterpick in much of melee's life. It has a chance of being counterpick again, and is on the borderline for being banned this game. Anyway, I might deal with port town or eldin occasionally, but they're both really awful stages. Port town for the aforementioned cars, and eldin for 1) being double walkoff, 2) its huge size with no platforms, 3) DDD chaingrabs on said walk-off sides, 4) the bomb killing you at ridiculous percents if you're hit into it, and 5) said explosion breaking up the fight. If either skyworld or stadium 2 is picked, I will quit instantly every time. There is no reason either of these stages should be legal, and their very design interrupts gameplay. I'll also play shadow moses if it gets chosen against me, but think about it: it heavily favors characters that kill off the top, and also encourages wall infinites, while anything that launches a foe horizontally is just a tech fest. Considering both characters I play (fox and pika as a secondary, although I haven't been playing pika as much lately) kill off the top as their primary way to finish a foe, and both can take advantage of wall infinites, this isn't a very fair match to my opponent 9 times out of 10. Which leaves the summit, which is just plain an awful stage; low friction causing characters to slide everywhere, it messes with air physics when it's sliding, it has water (swimming screws with stuff, so I do consider this a negative against it), it's missing a ledge on one side screwing over tether recoveries (iirc on this last one). Oh, and did I mention that the fish is basically an auto-kill if it hits you? By the time all is said and done, I expect each of these stages to be banned, while mario circuit and onett might go counterpick.
So basically what your saying is you choose not to deal with situation awareness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)