Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingambit enjoyers basking in the meta changes, as gambit rises from C—- viability closer to A++, and maybe even S rank again

eleki flew too close to the sun with the gods
Magearna don’t give a duck
Chien-pao often ran sacred swords
Zamazenta-C wouldn’t even care if gambit inherited bisharp’s knock off
Urshifu-RS is the latest victim to big-Gambit propaganda
Volcarona was a distraction for the masses

only zamazenta-hero is left to stand. But it can’t be the last standing.

because that’s left for king gambit

-

FR I am getting ready for the ridiculous matchups and mandatory tusk again

no but actually people really be sabotaging the cause

like every week I write a long post that almost no anti tera is able to accurately refute, and instead of taking from that shit, people just keep saying "uhh uhh its fun" like my guy it can be fun and broken and if so it needs to be banned

it can also be fun and not broken though

hate my long-post takes if you want but they are so rhetorically sound and are so much better than this one liner shit

This is all gonna happen real quick..

Virgin sneasler players:
- deciding between fire punch, night slash and terablast
- deciding between dire claw or gunk shot
- deciding between psychic terrain or air balloon
- paralysed on a zapdos, dead sweep
- dire claw hax does nothing, dead sweep
- gunk shot misses again, dead sweep
- defense drop from close combat, ice shard bax, dead sweep

Chad Kingambit players:
- “Coverage is optional”

checking finch's twitter then coming back to this thread lmao.
A member of ou council isn't supposed to log on smogon and try to explain why of the volc ban rather than go on twitter complaining about us?

I didn't see so much upset peoples since the not-ban of keldeo in bw2 and the ban of aegi on xy but in both cases, decisions was taken by the community (splitted in half) with a suspect test.

I keep reading "there is no time to test that, there is no time retest" because council never give us time to test enough tera. Something similar happened with walking wake, not enough time to test something that initially looked broken and ended up in remaining ou wasting time for a suspect.

i am requesting senior staff to reverse these bans, put up formal community suspect tests for volcarona and urshifu
+1

Is it not frightening to anyone that we've had a culture so scared of criticizing the council
Got immediatly warned by pm by "Disrespected Staff" for moving a critic about the unban of the few legendary (now all banned again, except zama normal). and then finch told again pubblicly he never warned me but still, i don't think he removed my warning. I think is mostly a joke at this point

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
People have every right to disagree with tiering decisions, but harassing staff is never acceptable.
Got immediatly warned by pm by "Disrespected Staff" for moving a critic about the unban of the few legendary (now all banned again, except zama normal). and then finch told again pubblicly he never warned me but still, i don't think he removed my warning. I think is mostly a joke at this point
I still haven’t ever deleted a single post of yours. And I explained this last time, and you responded saying I should “train my minions better” and then you got infracted for insulting staff (still not by me). It’s not my fault you are spreading misinformation.

At the end of the day: You were incredibly disrespectful to SetsuSetsuna, who is not only a great person, but also a very detail-oriented moderator who cares so much about the community. Now you’re maintaining this same tone.

If you want to be constructively critical, be my guest.

Kingambit enjoyers basking in the meta changes, as gambit rises from C—- viability closer to A++, and maybe even S rank again

-

Kingambit became at least A tier the second they banned Chien Pao. Even with all of his checks and counters, because they get worn down eventually and Tera exists, he can always be a threat. Chien Pao though, makes him kinda redundant.

Looking back on it, I can pinpoint the exact moment Kingambit became a dominant meta threat, and that was when they banned Chien the first time.

Last edited:
So rn, it seems Great Tusk has basically taken Lando's place as King of OU? I kept hearing that Tusk would out perform Lando now, but considering the track record of Lando since Gen 5 I still found myself having a bit of doubt.

-

Taunt Helmet Lando-T doesn't actually match-up too badly vs Gambit, particularly in endgame scenarios, but losing a staple partner like Urshifu-RS to pick up the slack does hinder it somewhat as a counter compared to ol' reliable Tusk. Maybe another partner like H-Samurott or your own Kingambit could get the job done in its place lol.

So rn, it seems Great Tusk has basically taken Lando's place as King of OU? I kept hearing that Tusk would out perform Lando now, but considering the track record of Lando since Gen 5 I still found myself having a bit of doubt.
Eh, I'd say its somewhat neck and neck, but Tusks straight up has a lot of the utility that Lando-T had last gen of being a Knock user / hazard remover so it'll naturally fit onto more teams imo.

The big issue is that Tusks itself doesn't like hazards compared to Lando-T, esp Spikes since it gets worn down by those quite a bit.

the issue is that tusk is the only generally-splashable removal, thanks to the defog cut. it was pretty much mandatory pre-home, & given time, in my eyes it will reach its 80% usage again.

along with this, you can’t really stack grounds with tusk+lando without just exacerbating weaknesses as is possible with say, gastro+tusk.

the answer is to ban spikes but people aren’t ready for that conversation yet.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Taunt Helmet Lando-T doesn't actually match-up too badly vs Gambit, particularly in endgame scenarios, but losing a staple partner like Urshifu-RS to pick up the slack does hinder it somewhat as a counter compared to ol' reliable Tusk. Maybe another partner like H-Samurott or your own Kingambit could get the job done in its place lol.
Wait till Gambit starts packing Defiant lol, it's only a matter of time if Lando's usage actually does rise in the next couple of months to how it was in prior gens.

The big issue is that because of the removal of Old Transfer moves (pending DLC adding anything), Lando-T lost several utility options that gave him entire roles like Defog or Knock Off, meaning he has fewer jobs and competes more directly with GT on some of the ones he has left. Still a versatile mon that I fully expect the community to find "A" level usage for, but it's slower to get back in place since it's "back to the drawing board" rather than being able to start from his Gen 8 sets.

He has advantages that mean even in the similar roles it isn't a strict "one's better" comparison, but at the same time they do compete for things like the ground slot and blanket checking while Tusk is literally our only effective hazard removal in a Hazard stacking Meta, making the Mastodon tricky to build without at the moment.

This is all gonna happen real quick..

Virgin sneasler players:
- deciding between fire punch, night slash and terablast
- deciding between dire claw or gunk shot
- deciding between psychic terrain or air balloon
- paralysed on a zapdos, dead sweep
- dire claw hax does nothing, dead sweep
- gunk shot misses again, dead sweep
- defense drop from close combat, ice shard bax, dead sweep

Chad Kingambit players:
- “Coverage is optional”
Psychic terrain is always better

the issue is that tusk is the only generally-splashable removal, thanks to the defog cut. it was pretty much mandatory pre-home, & given time, in my eyes it will reach its 80% usage again.

along with this, you can’t really stack grounds with tusk+lando without just exacerbating weaknesses as is possible with say, gastro+tusk.

the answer is to ban spikes but people aren’t ready for that conversation yet.
counterpoint i like spikes no ty

Finchinator

So um im not sure if im missing something (Some post or annoucement) but the conversation seems to be deviating from the QBs conversation. So the decision is final and we are just gonna have to accept it or there is work for some change/even plans for a test about those moms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)