Other Metagames swadloon op pls nerf - Balanced Hackmons Offense

swadloon op pls nerf
A Balanced Hackmons RMT
Starring Chuck Norris as Primal Groudon, watch as he meets his match!
Long ago, Balanced Hackmons was plagued by Primal Groudon spam. aesf jokingly suggested Primal Sea Swadloon as a counter to Tinted Lens Groudon, seeing as it took literally nothing from its STAB moves. Fast forward past the Assist and Primals bans, and now I'm using Red Orb Groudon myself after someone posted a calc of V-Create Groudon 2HKOing Giratina at +1. I want to find something to Imposter Proof it easily. So, me being the idiot I am, remember that piece of text from long ago, and use Swadloon. Thus, the swadloon op pls nerf team was made.
The team:

op pls nerf (Swadloon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Slack Off
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Spore

Swadloon is a dumb mon. Seriously, don't use it outside of saying that you managed to build a team around Swadloon in BH. But this is the set I use, just to make people bow their heads in shame when they lose to this. The moves are all self-explanatory. U-turn grabs momentum when they switch their Groudon out of you. Leech seed kills Shedinja(although leave that to Tyranitar in most cases). Spore puts something to sleep reliably. Slack Off is if for some reason they stay in on you.

swadloon too op (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Shift Gear
- King's Shield

This thing is monster able to 2HKO even Physically Defensive Giratina at +1 (With a resisted hit, no less!) while outspeeding the entire unboosted metagame after Shift Gear. Since Abilities were recently discovered to activate before Primal Reversion, Download has a 50/50 shot of making you hit ridiculously hard unboosted, and even harder if you manage to snag a Shift Gear.

how is swadloon op (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 Def
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Milk Drink

Really, I have no idea what I was thinking when I made this. I guess I just wanted a sweeper that removes Imposters by itself for the rest of the team to sweep. The EV's ensure that Chansey never 2HKOes you even if you somehow manage to let it get to +6. Magnet Pull also does handy things like trapping Protean King's Shield users, although you have no way to take advantage of that, what with them resisting your STAB. Metagrossite allows this thing to counter Tyranitar.

swadloon is bad (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 48 HP / 220 Atk / 240 Def
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Trick
- Pursuit

This thing removes Shedinja. It occasionally tricks its Band away to something passive like Registeel. But realistically all it'll ever do is trap and kill Shedinja. The EV's allow it to take a single unboosted Secret Sword from Modest Mega Gengar.

Since this Tyranitar set leaves the team horribly weak to Protean Mewtwo Y and is a flimsy check to Gengar, the following set checks both of those while still removing Shedinja. It doesn't do its job *as* well, but it still works:

swadloon is bad (Audino-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Heal Order
- U-turn

swadloon not op (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Spiky Shield
- Defog

The MVP of the team. Passing Wishes to other mons that can't recover by themselves while countering Mewtwo and removing hazards makes this mon immensely valuable. Try not to let this thing die, otherwise you're in for a rough time.

lel swadloon op? (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Close Combat

The other MVP. Refrigerate Mewtwo X is an amazingly good threat that most people who haven't tried it out are likely to underrate. Being able to pivot via relaying with Aegislash and force almost all Rayquaza off the field is amazing for an offensive mon on a team that hates Rayquaza. There are a lot of notable mons 2HKO'd by M2X. Aegislash is the only viable counter to this that I can think of off the top of my head - Everything else is either Imposters or 2HKO'd by Boomburst/Close Combat.

op pls nerf (Swadloon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Slack Off
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Spore

swadloon too op (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Shift Gear
- King's Shield

how is swadloon op (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 Def
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Milk Drink

swadloon sux (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Choice Band
EVs: 48 HP / 220 Atk / 240 Def
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Trick
- Pursuit

swadloon not op (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Spiky Shield
- Defog

lel swadloon op? (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Close Combat

This team was made in less than 15 minutes and was desinged to show how usually dumb mons may have niches in the BH metagame, no matter how small.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-310763805 vs. gimmicky Tspikes stall, came down to a 50/50 in the end
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-310775987 what happens when metagross traps an imposter

Tagging aesf and What a gimmick here, as they mainly gave me the inspiration to make this team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)