Other Metagames Tales From Hell (BH Bulky Offense)

Heyo guys, its been ages since I posted a new RMT, and ages since I had the willpower to make a BH RMT. So, today I'm going to post a nifty RMT that I find quite enjoyable to play, and reasonably easy to use. I laddered a little bit under the alt name "T4l3s 0f S1n" until I got ruined by a Power outage and became unable to use that account. It never made it to high ladder, but I have confidence that, with the time and energy, I can get to #1 on the BH ladder with this team.

What, you want a song? Let's see if I can find a good one...
Ah, this'll do the trick!

This team went through a long string of evolutions, but it first started looking like something like this as inspirtation.

Eventually, realized that GW Quaza was hurting the team, preventing it from being able to deal with threats that really hurt the team, like Magma Storm Diancie. So, I ended up changing it and Slowbro for Giratina and Chansey, respectively. So, the team looks like this, and still does.

So, let's see the sets.
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Close Combat
- Pursuit
- U-turn

This set is simple in function and in execution; it just rapes Shedinja and tears through Flash Fire Aegislash/FC Chansey/Gengar-Mega/etc. Turboblaze is a highly underrated ability, often seeming inferior to Mold Breaker. It has the niche, however, of seeming like Mewtwo is going in hot, so I found it superior. Anyway, Pursuit allows MM2X to kill off Shedinja with ease, while also allowing it to deal with Ghost types. V-create hits Scizor hard, and fits in well with Turboblaze, while Close Combat is STAB and hits like a truck, OHKOing Chansey with ease. U-turn allows Mewtwo to pivot, because it doesn't like being forced to stay into poor matchups that it can enter due to its mediocre typing. Safety Goggles helps to deal with Spore Spam, which this team struggles against.

Keep Mewtwo alive until Shedinja is dead. At that point, Mewtwo is merely an offensive beatstick, although it can take hits you wouldn't anticipate it living. Make sure to pivot this into a Shedinja switch, or else you lose your chance of switching in and get put into a matchup like Diancie or Rayquaza, which both are easily able to beat Mewtwo. Make sure to use U-turn 9/10, as that chip damage can come in handy against Giratina, which normally hard walls Mewtwo. There really isn't that much to Mewtwo, just play it smart and it'll put in work.

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Secret Sword

This is really the most innovative set on the team in a sad way. It does, however, allow me to check the majority of the metagame while being able to Imposter proof my team with ease, so I guess its not too bad. Pixilate is awfully standard, although running Secret Sword allows me to do absolutely nothing to Shedinja, so this makes my team imposter proof. Wow, that's really it, just imposter proofing. Okay, I didn't have to use such a weird move on this set but, hey, its a decent filler move. The rest of the set is standard. Pixilate is the whole reason to really use this thing in the first place, and Pixilate boosts that STAB. FakeSpeed helps kill off offense, which Mewtwo struggles against, while Boomburst hurts Giratina bad.
Never directly send in Diancie. Why? Because Diancie is frail as piss, and can barely take an impostered Fake Out. On a similar note, try to keep Diancie from being impostered, as the team doesn't exactly like Mega Diancie running around f***ing up my team, since the only switch is Shedinja. Hence why Giratina is on the team. Regardless, keep Diancie alive and non-impostered and things will go well.

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Volt Switch
- Recycle

Sturdy Shedinja is one of the best pivots in BH without a doubt. That's why Sturdy and Volt Switch are on it, making it so only Grounds types with Rocky Helmet can completely shut it down. Endeavour isn't a move you should always use, since staying in for more than one turn is risky, although if you know that your opponent cannot touch Shedinja (which is really easy to find in low ladder), you might want to use Ice Shard afterwards. Recycle+Lum Berry tends to make Shedinja almost unkillable, although it is still scared of partial trapping moves. The EVs are literally what the teambuilder advised, although Hasty might be better, since it could help kill off Imposters (lol an imposter switched into a Shedinja?).
Try not to keep Shedinja in for more than one turn; every turn he's on the battlefield is another turn at risk for losing about 35% of my defensive backbone. Whenever you get hit with Inferno/WoW, use Recycle, as it is rare that anything has either of those and Partial Trapping. Never use him when fighting Weather teams, as they will tear Shedinja apart (although once the Snow Warning/Sand Stream Pokemon are dead, Shedinja'll have a blast). Keep Shedinja away from Mold Breaker's like Gengar, MM2X, and Tyranitar, as they will kill it with Pursuit. Another thing to note is that about 63% of setup sweepers have partial trapping, so don't switch him into setup sweepers unless you have no choice and you know it doesn't have partial trapping. So, while Shedinja is a nice blanket check/pivot, you have to play it smart, or you lose everything.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Diamond Storm
- Sacred Fire
- Knock Off

This set may seem unconventional, but it is the best way to beat Rayquaza consistently, outside of the unusual Contrary set. RegenVest Tyranitar reliably forces Rayquaza out , because 96 SpD EVs along with Assault Vest and Careful Nature, Tyranitar can survive a Modest SpecsQuaza's Boomburst with a 3HKO after Stealth Rock, while the EVs in Attack guarantees a OHKO on Rayquaza with Diamond Storm. The rest of the EVs were slapped into Defense to help live random physical attacks. The moves are also self explanatory: Sacred Fire can burn (although I did once go through all 8 PP of Sacred Fire without a single burn), and still hurts, Knock Off is going to hurt, U-turn is pivoting that heals Tyranitar, and Diamond Star is a reliable STAB move that might make me bulkier.
There really isn't much to using Tyranitar; Just keep him alive and only switch him into things that can't really hurt him, then just rip them apart, and then switch out. It's literally all there is too it. Just keep him alive, and you'll be fine. Just don't switch him into something like MM2X or MM2Y and you'll be good. Play smart with him, as although it'll tank a blow from SpecsQuaza, it'll die to almost anything else.

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog

This isn't my usual Giratina set...But it works for its purpose. PH Tina heals like a boss, and on this team, he plays the role of a Defogger, which is needed on every team with Shedinja. WoW burns stuff, which can come in handy against Pokemon like MM2X or MRayquaza, while U-turn is a solid pivoting move. Roost heals Tina, and it has a badass shiny form. Toxic Orb activates Poison Heal, allowing Giratina to regain twice as much HP as Leftovers. The EVs were determined by the teambuilder to be honest.
Never switch into Giratina with a fast pivoting move, or via normal switching. Never lead with it. Why? Giratina relies on Poison Heal, so any possibility of a burn is a major threat. Try to only use it to check impostered MM2X/TTar, as this is your only real switchins for either of them. Keep this thing alive, as it checks a lot of things that this team would normally struggle against. Try not to do anything with Tina that I advised for you to not do with Tyranitar, although you can switch it into a MM2X (just make sure it isn't Refrigerate). Otherwise, just play smart with Giratina.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- Skill Swap
- Recover

This thing is in basically every Balanced Hackmons RMT ever made, so I'm going to let you figure this out yourself. However, I am just going to mention that the reason I used Chansey is because Eviolite boosts carry over after you transform via Imposter. So, don't ask me why I'm using Chansey and claim Pikachu/Blissey is better, I'm going to stick with Chansey. Everyone should know what Imposter does, in that it is the best check to setup sweepers. They should also know how ridiculously standard this set is in BH. 'nuff said.​

Mega Gengar is a huge threat to my team. I have nothing to switch into the Mold Breaker variant reliably. I can, however, will it on the switch with MM2X and rkill it with Mega Diancie, but it is still scary.

Another of this teams worst nightmares, I have only my Shedinja to check it (although Chansey can rkill it), and if it is running Partial trapping, Shedinja is no check. I can revenge kill it, however, although if partnered with lots of fire power, I can quickly get put into a nasty position.

Despite being bulky offense, this team doesn't exactly like the infamous stallbreaker MM2Y.I can kill certain sets, although if it has partial trapping, only smart plays can save my ass.

Spore Spam
Spore spam is the reason I put Safety Goggles on MM2X. I may have PH Giratina, but certain spore mons give them both trouble (MM2Y comes into mind).

Trick Spam
A playstyle I have yet to encounter, Trick spam would be tricky to defeat (no pun intended). While I could change a thing or two and deal with it, I would then lose to more common threats if I removed one mon, so I really can't change anything to help deal with it.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Close Combat
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Secret Sword

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Volt Switch
- Recycle

Tyranitar-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Diamond Storm
- Sacred Fire
- Knock Off

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- Skill Swap
- Recover

Have fun rating this team, and please help me to improve it!

Last edited:
I think the first and most striking thing I absolutely love about this team is how unique it is. You really managed to bring something new to the table and make an unknown strategy shine a new light on the rather stale bh metagame and I'm glad you made this team showcase for everyone to learn and get new inspiration from.
At least I think it's a team showcase since it hasn't actually accomplished anything. I guess I'll have to take your word that it's a top tier team despite the clear lack of evidence that could lead me to believe said claims.

I mean how could it not be a top tier team? It's obvious from team preview that it ravages offence and stall alike with unseen powerful anti-meta wallbreakers such as diancie + mewtwoX that eat ho-oh + ph tina cores for breakfast everyday while the rest of the team can completely incapacitate even the most niche of attackers from spore gw mega-rayquaza to magma storm mega-diancie.

Really a fantastic example of what an inspiring rmt should be, it's clear from the very beginning that you had an idea, worked your hardest to make it work and proved its worth through hard labor and passion.

10/10 post of the decade.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)