Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

This core, although underated, can sweep teams and has been climb to #1 by Invok3r(I think thats spelled right.) Banded Scizor removes many threats that oppose mega Alakazam, some being the lati-twins, MegaMeta, Bisharp, Clef, t-tar, etc. Another great effect Scizor has on Ala is that he is a slow-turner. This allows its to freely u-turn and allow Mega Alakazam to most likely come in safely and not take any dmg(besides rocks after mega). Now to explain the moves. Starting with Scizor, Superpower allows it to hit Ferro and other steel type for Super Effective DMG.(T-tar as well). BP is for the STAB Priority Technician Boosted power on Scizor. U-turn is for switch initiative, and pursuite is for the latis. Alakazam has Psyshock for the special walls with lower physical defense. Shadow bAll and Focus blast for coverage. And Encore is to stop many set up sweepers and force switches, allowing to get more damage on the enemies mons.

EDIT:I would Prefer a more Offensive team, but if possible, balance would be nice as I play best with it. :)
lol, some guy literally just posted this same core

Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Bulky offense has been so good recently. At the beginning of ORAS Mega Slowbro was hyped up to be amazing, but i don't see it much now. Anyway, i originally ran Scald + Psychic Manaphy with TG and Rain Dance, but i wanted to use Slowbro because it was bulkier. These two work together to be beat a lot of each others checks (Metagross, Keldeo, etc)

EDIT: lol pretty much the same core was posted right above mine

Gyarados @ Cheri Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Threw together a core I want to see some work with. Between Mold Breaker Exca and M-Altaria, I can get rid of plenty of hard-hitting offensive checks like Keldeo, M-Gyarados and M-Lopunny, as well as luring Steel-types with Fire Blast (although not often, as Fire Blast is very common on M-Alt). Because of this relative difficulty to handle Steel-types and certain sweepers like Thundurus and Landorus-I, Gyarados looks like a decent choice to fill in that gap.

I used a Natural Gift lure set to mess with Steel-types and Thundurus, since Ferro is practically never gonna use Protect on Gyara and gets OHKOed by a +1 Natural Gift (80 BP Fire move with Cheri Berry), and every other relevant steel type bar Heatran (but lol, Heatran against Gyara) gets destroyed. If M-Altaria has already taken care of Steel-types, Cheri Berry allows you to walk through Thundurus's TWave and OHKO it at +1, guaranteed after 1 round of prior LO damage or SR.

I'd throw in Celebi with the core because it works so goddamn well with everything here (and Cele + Exca is a known core), since it can set up rocks or SD pass or even Healing Wish a la Scarfed Jirachi, but showing 4 'mons outright seems a bit restrictive, and hey, you guys are the teambuilders here.

Also, I'm not entirely sure whether Exca should be the bulky Mold Breaker set or an offensive variant. I leave that to whoever gets their hands on this to decide, because I imagine sand works well with this core.

The core itself needs teammates to help it consistently check Bisharp, Lando-I and M-Metagross, as well as some more immediate power against hyper offense if Excadrill is the Mold Breaker set instead of the offensive set. Scarf Tyranitar comes to mind because it also provides sand support, but the choices are fairly broad here.

Last edited:
I am desperate for a Lucario team. I've tried and tried but just can't make one work. I thought I was on to something the other day though. One of Luc's main issues for me is he isn't as fast as I need him to be. So I thought I'd pair Lucario and Thundurus-I together. Thundurus can switch in on all ground attacks and fighting attacks. Not that you'd want to switch into a fighting attack, but for example - 252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 130-153 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO. Thundurus can then OHKO with Focus Blast. Thudurus also can OHKO many other pokemon that check Lucario. If not OHKO, but a serious dent in them so Lucario can finish off the job. Also can provide Thunder Wave so Lucario can go first. This team would appreciate hazard removal, so I was thinking Mega Latias which is another pokemon who can switch into attacks for Lucario. I also think it would be helpful to have 1 more pokemon who can paralyze. Maybe Jirachi and body slam + wish. Also, I was looking for this to be an offensive team, with Lucario + Swords Dance being a win condition.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Iron Tail
- ExtremeSpeed

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

PS. Does anyone think there's any chance Lucarionite is brought back to OU? :-D

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
+

For the life of me I can't build around MGyara. I really like the core of Mag+Gyara for obvious reasons. Mag gets rid of Klefki, Ferro, as well as checking fairies and raikou. In return, gyara can set up on heatran, keldeo, lando, etc for mag. I havent seen that much mag lately, and mgyara isnt as popular, so I hope this core isn't bland. This core is also really open in regards to playstyle so I hope you guys have fun with it. Thanks in advance!

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Max spe timid mag is to outspeed adamant bisharp because it was annoying when I tried to build with this core, but im fine with the standard 172 hp/ 252 satk / 84 spe set as well as scarf. Gyara's moves arent set in stone either, I just put what I see on the ladder.

Hey Builders! Thanks for the service, it's so amazing :)

Anyway

I was hoping I could get a balanced team, or bulky offense with this defensive core. you can try both styles, if one seems easier you can do the style that best fits

Mega Venusaur is very fat. It's pretty anti-meta for a few reasons, and people are sleeping on it big time. Venu can reliably check a lot of big time threats such as Mega Diancie, Mega Altaria, Keldeo, Mega Lopunny and Rain offense. However, it is not without its share of flaws. Despite having only two weaknesses thanks to Thick Fat, Flying types and Psychic types give it problems. Clefable takes care of a few prominent threats to Venusaur, primarily Life Orb Latios. CM Clefable also provides a solid win condition for a balanced team.

You may switch the EVs around if you wish. Also Chansey/Stall might be a little threatening to this core, so a wallbreaker would be needed. Possibly SD Diggersby because Venusaur covers its weaknesses pretty well (But if you can think of something better, please go for it!) This team is in need of a Knock Off user, so I was thinking about AV Azumarill as it would be a great addition to the team and if Skarmory is chosen as my stealth rocker (Check the EDIT below), all Azu's weaknesses will be covered on this team. Azu can also fill the Water type position. Of course, This means that I will have 2 weaknesses to Electricity, but with a ground-type (Diggersby) and Mega-Venusaur, I don;t think it'll be an issue. The other issue with Azu is that I will have TWO fairies on my team. If need be, Diggersby can be changed to a CHOICE BAND variant, and have Knock off instead of Swords Dance, that way it can hit Gengar, another threat to this core

Also Mega Metagross is a clear threat to this team, which is something I want the builders to look out for.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

EDIT: I was thinking about a good stealth rocker for this team but couldnt think of one. I would preferably like a physical attacker because I want 3 physical attackers and 3 special attackers. I also want this team to be less susceptible to Scarf Landorus's Earthquake so ground immunity is needed. Latios could possibly make a good defogger, but that would fill up the last Special Attacker spot, leaving room for only 2 physical attackers assuming you choose to use SD Diggersby in this team. Originally, Hippowdon was my 1st choice for a rocker, but I already have a ground type. I will let you guys figure it out because you're much more eperienced in building. Reflect type starmie would be a good rapid spinner if Latios isnt chosen as a defogger, and would check lando-t. A defensive Mew or Skarmory could be a good stealth rocker for this team because Skarm can wall Metagross and Mew has access to Will-o-wisp. As you can see, there is a lot to think about. But once again, choose whatever mons you think are best

Again, thanks for the service! :)

Last edited:
Alright this is gonna look incredibly strange but I doubt it's as awful as it looks

Wii Fit Trainer (Medicham) (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Baton Pass
- Bullet Punch / Substitute

Mothra (Volcarona) (F) @ Passho Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

So Mega Medicham is rather awkward as a wallbreaker because despite its insane power there are several pokemon that switch in for free because of how poorly synergized psychic and fighting are offensively. (Mega) Slowbro, Sableye, Mew, Celebi and Starmie switches are super telegraphed and can be taken advantage of by baton passing into Volcarona, who potentially gets a free set up opportunity, especially if you can safely pass it a substitute, but I find Bullet Punch more helpful since it's almost exactly as powerful as Mega Scizor's and destroys Mega Diancie. On the flip side, Mega Medicham destroys Heatran and Chansey which are massive roadblocks for Volcarona, while also checking offensive Mega Altaria with Bullet Punch. Also they're super duper color coordinated and it looks amazing. The biggest drawback to the core is its susceptibility to fast, offensive builds as well as the fact that Talonflame and to a lesser extent Charizard-Y kinda destroys it. The speed EVs on Volcarona are for scarf Lando-T and Jolly Medicham is really only just because I want to make sure I outspeed or at least tie with every Char-Y, but Adamant is probably fine.

Last edited:
Yai i may finally get a good team ! first of all sorry if my post is quite vague, but im on mobile. So i want a HO team with a char Y and Victini core and azelf as a suicidal lead with sunny day.
The idea behind this three mons is quite easy... you set up the battlefield with azelf and get a banded victini to punch some holes, if the opponent switches something difficult to deal with, you can swap victini for a better match up and later you can reset a sun day with char Y to maybe give victini another sun turn.

Sets

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252 Spa / 4 Spdef / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast
-Roost

Victini @ Expert Belt / Fire Plate / Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spdef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-V-Create
-Zen Headbut
-Boltstrike
-U-Turn

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spa / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Sunny Day
-Skill Swap
-Explosion

Hope you guys have fun building aroud it if you pick this one !
( all sets are exchangable the mons tho im prety sure i want these ones but im
willing to rethink azelf )

Edit: Changed Victini items to give more options and adapt it better to HO Style and corrected Azelf item because there was a guy called Focus sash lol

Last edited:
I wanted to get an Wallbreaker team based around this offensive core

This is a basic wallbreaker core which comprises a special and a physical wallbreaker. Gardevoir smashes almost anything that doesn’t resist its moves, but doesn’t like dealing with bulky steel types like Jirachi or Mega Scizor. Diggersby pounds on steel types with Earthquake and after a Swords Dance has very few switch ins even among physical walls. Taunt provides nice utility on Gardevoir and acts as a great buffer for Calm Mind sweepers such as Mega Slowbro.

Diggersby can also have a choice band. I was thinking about maybe getting scarf magnezone with U-turn diggersby to creat a volt-turn core. Diggersby can lure in steel types like ferrothorn or skarm.

EDIT: I forgot to add in the sets

Gardevoir (M) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp OR focus blast

Diggersby (M) @ Life Orb OR choice band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance (u-turn if using band)
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Last edited:

This is a basic wallbreaker core which comprises a special and a physical wallbreaker. Gardevoir smashes almost anything that doesn’t resist its moves, but doesn’t like dealing with bulky steel types like Jirachi or Mega Scizor. Diggersby pounds on steel types with Earthquake and after a Swords Dance has very few switch ins even among physical walls. Taunt provides nice utility on Gardevoir and acts as a great buffer for Calm Mind sweepers such as Mega Slowbro.

Diggersby can also have a choice band. I was thinking about maybe getting scarf magnezone with U-turn diggersby to creat a volt-turn core. Diggersby can lure in steel types like ferrothorn or skarm.
I think scarf would fit better, bc you could spam u-turn and frustration and make it adamant to more dmg

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
GeeMick

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail / Dragon Claw / Roost
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Pretty basic team that I was actually in the middle of working for a bit in the hopes to utilize Thundurus + Char-X since teams do a terrible job preparing for them these days it seems. Goal of the team is pretty straight forward I would think, set hazards, use Thundurus, Char-X, or Azumarill as the win cons depending on the position you're in and try not to get outplayed I guess haha. Anyways it's the basic 3 attack Zard didn't do anything particular fancy with the EV spread for the sake of outrunning stuff like Scarf Kyurem-B after a Dragon Dance. Nasty Plot Thundurus paired up with DDance Zard to break past walls with Grass Knot to handle fat grounds like Hippowdon easily. Band Azumarill cause I can probably look at teams these days and see that 80% of them hate switching into Azumarill, ironically this one doesn't either ;-; Hippowdon cause it's awesome while checking stuff like offensive TFlame variants and Bisharp for the team along with setting rocks and being part of that defensive backbone with Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn so you're not so Fairy weak and went ahead and used the spread arch had on the team he posted cause I sort of needed that hahaha. Running Spikes on it to let the offensive backbone clean up and net KOs much more easily than they would with just rocks, Shed Shell cause Gothitelle and trappers in general. Starmie set is just one I've been using for a while which is just a mix of offensive and defensive so you have a status absorber but something not so weak in power.

Defensive Starm > Offensive Starm, another one of the millionth Thundurus variants > the current one, Lefties Ferro > Shed Shell if you're feeling ballsy about trappers, Crunch Hippo > Stone Edge Hippo for Lati twins and Gengar all in one package are some changes you can try out. Theoretically you can run a fatter Zard-X spread or Adamant cause the logic of outpacing Scarf Lando-T is slowly becoming less and less relevant as time goes on. If there's any justification for Zard-X to run Jolly these days it's more than likely for more speed to outrun Kyurem-B as it does now or speed ties with stuff like M-Gardevoir so just a thought. Hazards alleviate the slight Keldeo issue and also pray you don't end up fighting bulky Glare Zygarde since I learned the hard way Fire / Ground coverage Zard-X variants just lose to it. Then again you can be cool and blame match-up if something goes wrong like everyone else does n_n. Anyways enjoy.

Edit: Enki's suggestions

I want to request for a team built around this particular set of MAltaria:

Altaria (F) @ Altarianite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration
- Roost

It looks rather fun and unorthodox, and I have given it a try and it has proven some interesting results. It is a set up sweeper more or less I believe the set speaks for itself. I tend to have a bad habit of cramming too many physical attackers into my team so.... I find myself with MAlt too overlapping with my own members but I do like this set so if you have any ideas how to build around it would be great. No real strict guidelines as to the style of the team just that it is fun, meaning I am not averse to other unorthodox choices that may require prediction.

Edit: I would say the main issues of building around this is addressing the bulky waters that are itching to burn MAltaria, which is the biggest problem I've faced. Something that can take on these burns and deal with the bulky waters, especially MBro would be great. Aside that the most important steel to deal with would be Heatran and Ferrothorn, whom you cannot brute force. The other steels can be set up fodder with a timely Cotton Guard. I'd like an offensive team of if possible, one that deals in particular with the problematic typings well.

Last edited:
I want to request for a team built around this particular set of MAltaria:

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration
- Roost

It looks rather fun and unorthodox, and I have given it a try and it has proven some interesting results. It is a set up sweeper more or less I believe the set speaks for itself. I tend to have a bad habit of cramming too many physical attackers into my team so.... I find myself with MAlt too overlapping with my own members but I do like this set so if you have any ideas how to build around it would be great. No real strict guidelines as to the style of the team just that it is fun, meaning I am not averse to other unorthodox choices that may require prediction.
A note for the future: You can't suggest just one 'mon, since that tells the teambuilders basically nothing about the playstyle you want to see built around your choice. Diversity in choice certainly isn't bad, but you need to give the guys busting their asses on this some direction, at the very least, or you might just get skipped over.

This probably isn't representative of how you want to play this, but for the sake of completion, I'll suggest a core you may want to provide instead.

EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration
- Roost

Celebi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

DD CG Altaria + Lure Celebi + FastTran. Puts big ol' nasty holes in anything it comes across, since Celebi will lure out most of this Altaria set's checks and counters (read: the vast majority of Steel-types in OU), and Heatran is to check bulky Grass-types like Amoonguss and Venusaur, as well as stall in general with Taunt and Toxic. Stone Edge over Stealth Rock is also viable if you want a Talonflame counter instead of just a check.

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
We love LO Zam hehehehe.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Guess I wanna go the offensive route :) So LO Alakazam is on the rise - great stallbreaker and lategame cleaner in general, and I've actually built one for this 'core', but it didn't work, so I was hoping you guys could work some magic!

The gist of it is that Heatran provides a good check to many common priority users such as Bisharp, Talonflame and Scizor, who pose huge threats to Alakazam, as well as Mega Sableye which destroys Alakazam as well. Alakazam in turn helps Heatran by being a solid check to stall with Encore, stuff like Chansey and Cresselia most commonly found on stall are destroyed by Encore Alakazam but Heatran struggle with because this particular variant lacks Taunt.

I guess the core struggles with powerful wallbreakers like Crawdaunt and BD Azu (even CB Azu). Faster Pokemon such as EQ Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, Mega Aero+EQ, RP Mega Diancie, Mega Lopunny are also big problems to this core, so I guess you can pair it up with some anti-offense Pokemon?

Go wild with nicknames ;) No dank memes pls

Last edited:

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play / Metal Burst / Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Bisharp (M) @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

While I was thinking on going for a Balanced team, going for a more Offensive approach towards this core doesn't hurt either. Both of them are great on keeping hazards up - Mega Sableye spinblocks while Bisharp deters Defog. In addition, Mega Sableye can deter opposing hazard setters through the use of Magic Bounce. Due to this, pairing them with hazard stackers doesn't really hurt. Mega Sableye is able to switch in to Fighting-type moves, something that Bisharp is weak to. In return, Bisharp is able to shit on Clefable and offensive variants of Sylveon with Iron Head.

For Bisharp, I opted Swords Dance over Pursuit, as it makes a nice win condition and cleaner, and since Mega Sableye doesn't struggle with the Lati twins anyways. Lum Berry grants a one-time immunity to status moves, allowing him to grab a free SD boost. For Mega Sableye, Toxic is great for putting a timer on walls, Fire-types, and set-up sweepers (bar Steel-types). The reason to use Foul Play is to prevent Mega Sableye from being set-up fodder by Talonflame. Feel free to mess with the EVs and sets for both of these Pokemon though.

However, the core has issues dealing with Keldeo and Mega Lopunny as well as Fire-types such as Heatran. Opposing Talonflames also force 50/50s towards Bisharp. The core also has problems dealing with Mega Gardevoir and Mega Diancie, and answers to these threats are appreciated.

What I also want for the team is a water resist and a ground immunity, as well as Pokemon that can handle opposing Water-types, Fire-types, and Ground-types reliably. Adding a Spikes setter is optional as well.

EDIT: I forgot to add in the sets

Gardevoir (M) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp OR focus blast

Diggersby (M) @ Life Orb OR choice band
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance (u-turn if using band)
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
Diggersby is not an ideal user of a Choice Band due to its reliant on prediction, as well as its mediocre bulk and speed. A Band use needs little reliance on prediction, as well as either bulk or speed, but Diggersby does not fit such criteria.

Wanted to use CM spam so I thought of this core:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Psyshock

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

My first choice when i thought of CM spam is already keldeo, which is already very strong, capable of plowing through both physically and specially defensive mons. I added jirachi because i wanted a CM user that deals with fairies (and it's my favorite mon). Jirachi also checks Lati@s, resisting both their STABs. Keldeo also checks heatran and bisharp, which destroys Jirachi.

EDIT: I'm not really sure on rachi's EV's since not many base 100 speed mons right now run max speed. Even some MGardevoir run modest AFAIK. I'm no good in tweaking EV's tho

Thanks for this guys ^_^

Last edited:
Just putting this out here. There are quite a bit of cores with celebi in them talk about a usage spike lol. To think cele was hardly used not long ago. Anyways i used The team rob made for a bit and everything on the team bar manaphy gets destroyed by drill in the sand as well as mega pinser being a huge problem once again when mana goes(rachi loses vs eq ones and clef is pretty much set up food). Rob did you mention using a cm set? i think that set overall fits better then tail glow as the physical bulk that the set runs seems more useful as rest helps vs the mons above. would like to know you thoughts on this.

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Patolegend!

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Hammer Arm

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Scald

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 240 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off / Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave / Spikes

Lure Conk + M-Diancie is a really interesting core, where you have Conk taking out things that would usually switch into him (think Clefable, Azumarill and Skarmory) paving the way for a M-Diancie shweep. There are 'mons that are able to stop the two however, such as Mega Metagross and M-Scizor, so I went with teammates that could beat said stops to the core. Tank Chomp was a natural partner, easily switching into M-Metagross and M-Scizor while punishing other physical attackers with Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs. Decided Fire Blast was a must to wear down Ferrothorn and deal a good chunk to Scizor, two big stops to RP Diancie. Next, I added Ferrothorn to check opposing M-Diancies, Azumarills and Gyaradoses. In addition, Ferro supports the team by removing items and spreading paralysis which is especially helpful for the slow Conkeldurr.

At this point, Serperior bodied the team, and I needed a better fairy switch in (OU Fairies bar Diancie (usually) carry fighting and fire coverage) so I opted for Talonflame. Bulk Up-Wisp is the set I went for as the spreading of burns meant easier set up not only for Diancie but also for Talonflame. Starmie was added to spin away hazards for Talonflame and to provide the team with a solid Keldeo check. To discuss some of the spreads and movesets: Conk speed creeps BD Azu; Hammer Arm > Drain Punch because I wanted to dish out BIG DAMAGE. If you want, you can use Spikes on Ferro because that really helps M-Diancie sweeps; Gyro Ball can be run over Knock Off but I prefer to remove Heatran's and Ferrothorn's Leftovers tbh, and T-Wave can really be clutch for stuff like Zard X. As far as threats to the team, you have standard Landorus (which rekts all teams; let's be real) though Talonflame can handle (pray no Rock Slide). Oh and Mega Manectric gets special mention because you literally have to do the samba around him, kek (tho chomp lives 1 hp ice). Finally, a big shout-out to GeeMick for testing with me, suggestions, and Ferros spread (lives Hyper Voice + Focus Blast from M-Garde). Nothing but a fren.

enjoy!
Hey man, played a few matches with this team last night, and it was absolutely sound - 3/3 so far, and a satisfying Azu KO with Conk in the mix, thanks a lot! Knock off was definitely more useful than Gyro Ball, as Talon handles MAlt handily.

Great job!

Hey fellow Smogon Team builders! I was hoping I could get a request in for an OU team based on my favorite MEvo ever! There are probably lots of requests like it or somewhere along those lines but I was hoping to make a request for a balanced team based around this moveset for M-Lopunny. (I'm sorry I don't know how to insert sprite images and tags >.>) A couple partners I would love to use alongside him are Garchomp and Jirachi. I was thinking maybe Rotom-W but I think you all would have a much better grasp on the meta than I do atm. The sets are from their respective analysis on the site but I'm alright with any kinds of changes or suggestions you propose during the building process. Thanks for taking the time out to read my request and also for taking the time out to help others as well as myself to build teams to use. :)

All-Out Attacker
########
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: High Jump Kick
move 2: Return
move 3: Fake Out
move 4: Power-Up Punch / Ice Punch
ability: Limber
item: Lopunnite
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly / Adamant

Tank Chomp
########
name: Tank Chomp
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake / Toxic
move 3: Dragon Tail
move 4: Fire Blast / Toxic
ability: Rough Skin
item: Rocky Helmet
evs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
nature: Impish

Specially Defensive
########
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Iron Head
move 2: Toxic / Body Slam
move 3: Wish
move 4: Protect
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
nature: Careful

Hey builders! I've got a 2 mon core I really want to use but for the life of me I cant seem to get a solid team to go around them so I was really hoping for sone assistance since you guys always have good ideas/teams :D

Basically im using a lure quagsire and offensive volcarona! The idea is that with water absorb + acid spray on quag he

A) covers vocaronas weaknesses.
B) using acid spray forces out things to allow free switchs for voca

Voca also heavily resists the only weakness that quag has and gets free setup vs grass mons that attempt to switch in to quag only to get hit by an acid spray allowing for easy quiver dances!

This works in theory but I haven't quite been able to get a good team composition to support these two apart from a standard scarf lando-t which makes the team kinda kyu-b weak and then I just get stuck trying to cover all the threats lol and end up with massive gaps somewhere.

Thanks in advance! Here are the sets:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature or Bold
- Acid Spray
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Made quag SpD to tank bulky waters a bit better. Havent given any Spa investment as it hits pretty hard when people are on -2. I think that volc spread is the standard one to allow fo Stealth Rock switchins if necessary although of course the idea is not to do that and get rid of them first.

Improvements to these two on top of other team members are fine. Dont even need to keep quag if it is unviable I just thought it was a cool idea that would catch a lot of people off guard and path way for an easy volc sweep :D

EDIT: Ah sorry i forgot to mention the type of team, i guess these two already lend themselves to a bulky offense or balanced team so thats fine. But honestly i dont mind how it ends up they just seem to naturally suit themselves to those two team types

Last edited:
Hey builders! I've got a 2 mon core I really want to use but for the life of me I cant seem to get a solid team to go around them so I was really hoping for sone assistance since you guys always have good ideas/teams :D

Basically im using a lure quagsire and offensive volcarona! The idea is that with water absorb + acid spray on quag he

A) covers vocaronas weaknesses.
B) using acid spray forces out things to allow free switchs for voca

Voca also heavily resists the only weakness that quag has and gets free setup vs grass mons that attempt to switch in to quag only to get hit by an acid spray allowing for easy quiver dances!

This works in theory but I haven't quite been able to get a good team composition to support these two apart from a standard scarf lando-t which makes the team kinda kyu-b weak and then I just get stuck trying to cover all the threats lol and end up with massive gaps somewhere.

Thanks in advance! Here are the sets:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Made quag SpD to tank bulky waters a bit better. Havent given any Spa investment as it hits pretty hard when people are on -2. I think that volc spread is the standard one to allow fo Stealth Rock switchins if necessary although of course the idea is not to do that and get rid of them first.

Improvements to these two on top of other team members are fine. Dont even need to keep quag if it is unviable I just thought it was a cool idea that would catch a lot of people off guard and path way for an easy volc sweep :D
water absorb quagsire is fun. why SPd though if he absorbs water moves anyways?

The worst thing I'm at when it comes to Pokémon is team building. I've been interested in underrated and underused mons at the moment, specifically Mega Aerodactyl. I want a balance team centered around Mega Aero and SD Pass Celebi.

Mega Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 Att/44 Def/216 Spe
Jolly nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Fang/Fire Fang
- Earthquake/Aqua Tail

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/152 Def or SpDef/108 Spe
Impish nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Pretty self-explanatory here. Mega Aerodactyl, with this spread, can handle CB Talonflame, which will be detrimental to the core otherwise. Jolly max speed and attack can be used also if the team can handle bird spam well. Celebi can set up on various Water types that give Mega Aero trouble and pass an SD so Mega Aero can destroy the opposing team. Bulky Pokémon that can assist the team as much as possible, such as Bulky Chomp or any variety of Heatran would be golden. I'd like another sweeper in the team as well that Mega Aerodactyl could help set up a sweep for, and vice-versa. Thanks so much for the help!

Last edited:
water absorb quagsire is fun. why SPd though if he absorbs water moves anyways?
Many bulky waters carry some kind of coverage move I guess so I thought It would help with that but thinking about it the coverage is often grass or Psyshock or something so I guess it would be better with standard defence instead

Ok, I deleted my last request because it wasn't really innovative, and I realized that the core was really bad in general. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Anyway, here's a core I hope you guys can work around. Agility/rock polish + baton pass is a really bad idea, since the mon you pass to takes damage from an attack, instead of the mon that passes. However, if the mon who passes the speed boost carries a lagging tail, it will always move last. This means that you can safely pass the speed to the incoming mon. Anyways, here are the mons and sets:

Mew @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Psyshock

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 SpA / 228 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Substitute

I chose mega garchomp due to the fact that it can put in a ton of work vs ho teams, making it very hard for them to win. I ev'd it to outspeed sand rush excadrill at +2, while maximizing attack and special attack. Substitute is on it to dodge bisharp sucker punch, and evade rotom-w will-o-wisp. The mew spread is max spdef to tank hits from specs keldeo, and the lati twins. Thanks so much guys! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)