Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Is it really worth it instead of just using the flare gun after an air blast? Maybe for pluff and her aim.... :P
YES
IT IS
for me and my aim.

(I'm marginally better with crosshairs, I promise!)

Also, I like the Shotty better than the Flare Gun.

Yeah, you can get 120 damage on a minicrit and you fire almost 4 times as fast as with flares. It's actually a quicker kill than the axe once you've lighted and airblasted a lighter class, because of the swing delay.

Now the choice is between the Reserve Shooter and Detonator.. which is actually really awesome once you've got crit glitching down.

In other notes, I heard that there are new stranges and new weps on drops
The stranges are Razorback, Axetinguisher, Blackbox and....I don't know the rest p_p, today I opened a crate and got a S.Blackbox :D
The weps that can be dropped are the Sun-on-a-Stick and the Volcano something fragment (the Pyro axe)

Pyro does not need Degreaser + Axtinguisher nerfed until it has a nerf that improves the class all-round to make up for it. Seriously, wanting to nerf the Pyro in any way before really buffing it as a class? Hell no. I might play beta now, I've wanted the Res. Shooter for Pyro for awhile...
This, The axetinguisher is the pyros only legitimate way to 1v1 people, and is like the most useful thing he can do besides spycheck. Nerf that, the pyro will have literally NOTHING going on for him outside of spraying flame wildly to check for spies.

pyro can use flaregun to great effect, i play pyro myself as my second class, i see no need for a pyro to almost instakill you with a melee weapon after a quick switch, its unfair to practially everyone else.
i myself rarly use it, (only on demoknights and ambushed heavys) rest of stuff dies to a flare after i set them on fire.

At the very least, my brother will be happy when the beta updates are finally implemented. He's been holding onto a pair of Plainswalker Goggles to wear with his Essential Accessories and Towering Pillar of Hats for about a month now paranoid valve will implement a second misc slot. It looks like it paid off!

pyro can use flaregun to great effect, i play pyro myself as my second class, i see no need for a pyro to almost instakill you with a melee weapon after a quick switch, its unfair to practially everyone else.
i myself rarly use it, (only on demoknights and ambushed heavys) rest of stuff dies to a flare after i set them on fire.
Pyro is unfair to practically everyone else?

ETA: Now I think about it, Pyro has the best hats...

Pyro is my main class, and Degreaser/Axetinguisher isn't even my primary strategy. It's better on some maps, but for the most part I take unusual paths to get behind people and use the Backburner. If you have decent circle-strafing skills, you can kill a Heavy from full overheal with just the Backburner most of the time (assuming the Medic is not still attached to him). On maps conducive to the strat, like Nucleus, a good Pyro can lead the server. It also opens you up to using the Homewrecker or Back Scratcher, which can be very useful.

All this having been said, the Pyro is still often frustrating to play. Nothing about it needs a nerf. It needs a buff. Pretty much any new item would be welcome; the Reserve Shooter is a start.

I would prefer the Pyro doesn't receive a buff in items (not that I'm unhappy about the Reserve Shooter) at the expense of it being buffed as a class, because otherwise that just makes certain items significantly more dominant than others -- which they already are, but the situation doesn't need to be exacerbated. Giving Pyro a few good items and calling it a day is just a lazy hotfix. Existing Pyro items (specifically and especially, the vanilla Flamethrower) need to be fixed instead, to be brought up to par and add depth to the class, or the class in general needs some fixing.

Oh, sure, I would love for them to fix it that way. It's just that they have been reluctant in the past to make low-level changes like that. They seem to want to fix them with items.

I think the real issue is that they see the classes as balancing each other, and they don't want to do anything that changes that balance. They will never give the Engineer a weapon that breaks a Spy's disguise when it hits him, or give the Soldier a rocket launcher that can kill a fully overhealed Heavy in one hit with a crocket. Right now, they seem to think that Spy-checking, backblasting ubercharges, etc. are all working correctly, so there's no need for a change that could throw off the balance. Unfortunately.

I dunno about how big of an upgrade Pyro gets with unlocks. When I switch to Pyro for 10 seconds to counter an Uber, it doesn't really matter what loadout I'm using as long as the Backburner isn't equipped, so...

That being said, he's about as useful as Spy or Engi on 5CP or Koth.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I was kinda late to the party since I spent more time than expected at my first day on the job, then I don't get to play anyway because Valve has bloated the game so much I can't even fucking load a server half the time I try apparently. >:|

petition to change topic title to WORST FPS :pirate::pirate::pirate: SORRY GUYS I TRIED

P_P search for servers with low latency, I normally play on argentinian servers and I never have lag, don't use the "Start Playing" option

Most smogonites who play TF2 don't actually live in Argentina, surprising as that may be, so I look for servers that have low latency for me and gauge if we have a lot of West Coasters or UK people and adjust from there. The majority of people playing don't have ridiculous lag playing with us, so I think we're doing fine.

That said, sorry I can't find servers that run better for you, Charro. I try my best to find a middle ground.

p_p I never asked for argentinian servers....
I don't always have ridiculous lag playing with you guys, but I do have some lag, I was just telling to Mr.E that he should search for low latency servers if lag is an issue for him, also never play on Valve servers, not only they have too much lag but also everyone who plays there are very bad

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"We" weren't even on a Valve server this time. My computer is just very slow and old in the first place. It just gets harder and harder for me to load at all these days for some reason.

Played it. Fairly easy game, minus the part where I was Engineer vs the Medic boss. What the fuck. Infinite respawn made it doable, but otherwise...
Decently fun, Medic Boss aside.

Exited out when it said I won a Southern Hospitality and to log in through it (seemed blatantly like a scam) but apparently you can type anything and it says just kidding.

Ok, speaking of Pyro. halp, I am trying to use the Degreaser + Axtinguisher combo and I rarely ever successfully execute it. Is anyone experienced in using this combo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)