Team Green

Team Green:

Overview:
We have a Heatran and Salamence to Cover the Grass types and Scizors fire weaknes. Heatran's weakness ground weakness is covered by the whole team except Scizor who takes neutral damage. Salamence's and Skymin's Ice weakness is covered by Heatran and Scizor and we have Celetran to cover each other.

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 HP
--Trick
--Stealth Rock
--Zen Headbutt
--Explosion

Another Suicide lead that lays Stealth Rock down. It's main purpose is to Trick or Stealth Rock first then do the opposite and finally explode, hopefully ruining two Pokemon in it's path.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
--Dragon Dance
--Dragon Claw
--Earthquake
--Roost

Bulky Sweeper. Does a great job switching into Physical sweepers and setting up. Dragon Claw and Earthquake provide one of the best coverages in the game being only resisted by Bronzong and Skarmory.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 116 SpD / 140 HP
--Swords Dance
--Bullet Punch
--X-Scizor
--Super Power

We all know what it does I just can't seem to find the optimal spread and moves for this guy nothing seems to convienient.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 210 SpD / 46 SpA
--Lava Plume
--Earth Power
--Rest
--Sleep Talk

Total complement to Celebi and the entire team. It absorbs Status and stops stuff that this team just can't. I'm using Lava Plume beacause i prefere the burn over Flamethrower's power.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
--Leech Seed
--Grass Knot
--Recover
--Thunder Wave

My staller and wall. Again it complements Heatran so well and stops everything Heatran can't. Counters Waters and other important stuff.

Shaymin-S @ Leftovers
Timid Nature Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 Hp
--Substitute
--Seed Flare
--Air Slash
--Earth Power

The idea is to get a late game sweep and hopefully oth physicall sweepers can do enough damage for this fella to finish of the entire opposite team.

currently testing Scarf Trio in replace for Sky Min

please rate

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Once Azelf goes (who will most likely be the first to due to being an exploding lead - its a good lead), starmine with ice beam causes problem. actually, many waters with icebeam can cause problems, a gyara sweep is very threatening, you almost need that quick attack on scizor (which i dont like to resort to). i don't consider a spcwall heatran with hpgrass a water fighter. celebi can take on some waters, not very offensive starmies yes, as long as it is sufficiently healthy and doesn't switch in on ice beam. skymin struggles due to SR and complete ice beam fragility.
vaporeon is very hard to kill due to its 60 weight. mamoswine is also deadly, faster than heatran, ice shard skymin and salamance. but gyara is the most threatening.
replace salamance with scarf zapdos, who will outspeed gyara after it dds, and is unlikely to use stone edge on any of your other pokemon.

HP grass isn't going to help with Heatran, as you'll be using it against waters, and stuff like suicune will take the oppurtunity to setup, and stuff like Tentacruel setup toxic spikes, swampert seems to be the only one affected and if by chance it actually outruns you, i dunno, it could wreck heatran. go with earth power or even flash cannon is a better option than HP grass.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hidden Power Grass is unnecessary on Heatran; when the opportunity arises itself, you will switch either Celebi or Skymin-S into the expected Earthquake from Swampert, the former of the two has no drawback whatsoever.

When Suicune enters the field, you won't attempt to win a one-on-one battle with; if you did, Suicune would comfortably boost its stats with Calm Mind and consequently cause you trouble. To ensure you don't lose to Suicune, you would call forth Celebi immediately to deal with it.

For Swampert who feel it is safe to absorb the expected Fire-type attack, which in this case is Lava Plume, may find itself unexpectadly burnt, courtesy of Lava Plume's 30% burn-rate.

All in all, Hidden Power Grass should be replaced with Earth Power; the results will be far more beneficial.

While we're on the subject of Heatran, perhaps maximizing Heatran's Special Defense isn't as essential as it seems; alternatively, distributing only 210 EVs into Special Defense will still hit that magic number, however sparing you an additional 46 EVs for your Special Attack stat.

Ironically enough, opposing Heatran poses somewhat of a threat, especially those who successfully set-up Substitute; it will tear you apart. Choice Scarf Heatran, a varient which happens to be the most popular, one-by-one, has the ability to OHKO your entire team.

Test an Adamant Dugtrio in place of Skymin-S. You deal with opposing Heatran and Infernape, a strategy that compliments your Scizor's sweeping capabilities.

Should you consider this suggestion and actually test it, Choice Scarf Dugtrio is the way to go, as it ensures even Choice Scarf Heatran will fall. Finally, Quick Attack isn't as essential as it once were, so either Roost or X-Scizor is a suitable alternative; although you may feel the neatral damage directed towards Zapdos is effective, therefore feel free to keep the set as it it. As for the EV spread, I recommend 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 SDef with an Adamant nature. I've seen this particular distribution often, accompanied with praise, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)