Monotype Team Psychic

Psychic really has fallen since the first generation games. From almighty it stumbled to a type with three weakness, one of which is actually immune to it. However, it continues to be a very respectable type with a decent supply of legendary pokémon and a nice array of options. In short, I wanted to make a team centered on one of my favourite types.

All help is appreciated.
slowbro.png

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Scald

Slowbro is the physical stall mon of this team. Thanks to its respectabkle bulk and good Defense stat it can absorb physical attacks and Leftovers, Slack Off and Regenerator garantee its recovery. This team is a bit reliant on speed so Thunde Wave is the status move of choice to deal with this conundrum. Fire Blast is a Bug, Grass, Ice and Steel counter and Scald is a deent damaging move with a chance to cripple by burn.

Deoxys_(Speed).png

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Counter
- Psycho Boost

Deoxys is, generally speaking, the lead of this team. Taunt will stop other the opponent's lead from setting up their entry hazard of choice and buffing up and allow Deoxys to use Stealth Rock comfortably. I chose to use Counter in combination with Focus Sash to extract the maximum damage out of physical attacks and Psycho Boost is a nice
goodbyhe present. Of course, prediction is needed and I am not too good on it and even with it, Deoxys is very frail.

medicham_meditation_by_gogetajr.png

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Medicham is a strange pick. I chose it because I appreciate its high attack boosted by Pure Power. High Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt are stabs that certainly benefit from it. However, Medicham has two problems: it is very frail and somewhat slow. I attempted to correct this deficiency by giving it a Choice Scarf that allowed it to get some surprise attacks that supressed counter-attacks. Bullet Punch and Ice Punch are coverage options.

470bf8833408af80d05585e66ef98355--posts-art.jpg

Victini @ Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Grass Knot
- Bolt Strike
- Searing Shot
- V-create

Victini is an all-purpose attacker. Since it is somewhat frail when totally dedicated to attack I chose to increase its HP and giving it an Assault Vest to boost its stayong power. Grass Knot covers its Rock and Ground-type weakness. Bolt Strike covers its Water weakness and its Flying type pretty well. Searing Shot is the neutral attack since it has 100% accuracy and 100 power and V-create is reserved for when the increased damage is needed.

sleeping_latios_by_rainbowdragon14-d9k4bui.jpg

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Outrage

Latios is the team's Defog user. Since it has access to Roost it can safely use a Life Orb to boost its attacks. I chose Psychock and Outrage since they are STABS and can be used repeatedly without lowering its stats (unlike Draco Meteor) and deal a nice amount of damage.

a584a4094c3a8db37d5c6dbfca405179--steel-art-ideas.jpg

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash

Metagross is here to stop the Fairies. Thanks to its type, bulk and Assault Vest, it can perform the job very well. Meteor Mash is a nice stab and Bullet Punch is a STAB and priority move. Thunder Punch is a nice help agains the occasional Skarmory and Flying-type. Zen Headbutt is another nice physical move. Clear Body is the superior options to Light Metal.

Hey, nice to see you trying out new kinds of builds with psychic, but you seem to be missing a few fundamentals!
Off the bat, I can see the direction you were taking your team, so I'll try to offer advice that doesn't make it stray too far from what you originally intended. But I do suggest checking out monotype sample teams to get a feel for what's good.

1. Deoxys - Nice set! I would say to change the psycho boost to something that provides a bit more utility, like knock off or spikes. With 0 attack investment, that psycho isn't going to hit anything so u might want to just leave it out.
2. Slowbro - Slowbro set looks fine to me, but maybe you might want to run colburr berry so you can check offensive dark types and threaten them with a thunderwave.
3. Metagross - I think the set is fine, personally I would run a different item like choice band or weakness policy. But you should be running more speed, I would recommend 96 speed invest so you can outspeed adamant azumarill.
4. Latios - That is not a good set for latios at all, and does not utilize what makes it good. It should have max speed and special attack, and the set should have psychic/psyshock and draco meteor. I would forego roost too and add HP fire to hit things like scizor and ferrothorn.
5. Medicham - I would remove medicham and make it Mega-Gallade. You are missing a mega anyways, and mega gallade is much more viable. The standard SD/knock off/Zen/CC set should work. It provides more power and has a great speed tier as well.
6. Victini - Since at this point youll be lacking speed control, scarf victini is the way to go. Providing great power and momentum. V create, bolt strike, and u turn are the standard. Last move should be blue flare so you can spam a fire move without decreasing your stats.

Here is the updated team from what I have recommended above.
Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)