team really fun 2nd RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again fellow smogoners! This is my second RMT if you haven't noticed already. I have decided to try a baton pass team this time around. So feel free to give me critiscism when needed. And without further ado here is the team.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS:

I wanted to use a baton pass team that passed stat up's, but with only one baton pass poke. I didn't like the obvious ones like ninjask or smeargle. I wanted something that can survive a few hits and also is not really suspected as a baton passer. So i dug a bit and it just so happened i stumbled upon the baton pass gliscor. I looked over at what it could pass, and dam! it was awesome, so here he is.

Next i looked at baton pass receptants. Lucario is one of my most favorite sweepers of all time, so i decided to use Lucario, but I also wanted something slow, but has enough bulk to survive a hit, so I decided on using the popular Metagross.

Next i needed a poke to take the EQ's and fire attacks aimed at metagross and lucario, but i still wanted to maintain an offensive momentum, so (i think some people may know what poke i'm gonna choose :P) i chose Gyarados!

Now i wanted to take care of electric attacks aimed at Gyara, so i used to legendary GyaraVire combo to bait and increase Vire's speed. It's just so fun to switch in Vire on a predicted electric attack.

Now i worked on a lead, the lead that gave all my pass teams past problems was azelf, so what the hell i gave it a go because of its high speed, attack, SpAtk, and it learns SR which will making sweeping easier.

IN DEPTH:

EV's: 4Atk 252Spe 252SpA
Nature: Naive
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset:

Stealth Rock
Taunt
Physic
Explosion

Your standard Azelf suicide lead. It plays tge ever so important role of setting up SR and then either blow up and take the enemy with me or blast them with STAB physic. I chose this as my lead because i found that my previous teams struggled against this lead, so i decided to use this. It's high allows me to taunt other leads except for Aerodactyl and Ninjask, but they usually dont give me too many problems. Taunt ensures that i'll be able to get up SR and once SR is up, his role has been fufilled so i usually blow up.

EV's: 252HP 140Spe 116SpD
Nature: Timid
Item: Lum Berry
Moveset:

Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Rock Polish
Taunt ~ I'm thinking of replacing this with an attacking move(tell me what you think)

A pure baton passer! gurantees to pass at least one boost because of Lum Berry. On many occasions pokemon put me to sleep but thanks to Lum berry im fine and i am able to pass a stat boost. I usually use rock polish, because it gurantees I'll outspeed the other poke and pass the stat boost. All the poke on my team would enjoy a boost in attack or speed, which makes getting a pass from this guy very important.

EV's: 252Atk 4Def 252Spe
Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Crunch
Extremespeed

This is a standard SD Lucario set, but after a rock polish and swords dance pass from Gliscor, Luc is beast nothing stops him, he will literally OKHO the entire metagame, even a move that does neutral damage kills the opposing poke will result in a OHKO if not, a guranteed 2HKO. I went with crunch on this set because im not scared of dragons or flying types. Extremespeed picks off weakend enemiee, but also hits fast pokes that somehow taunt me. Close Combat destroys Blissey and any steel type that tries to get in my way. Lucario can also stand by itself and fire off an SD and still sweep an unprepared team. He is probably Numero Uno sweeper on my team an Im very proud of how many battles he's helped me win! ^_^

EV's: 252Atk 4Def 252Spe
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge

A standard DD Gyara. This probablt ties with Suicune as my favorite water type sweeper because after a DD Gyara is beast, but after 2 DD's Gyara is GOD! He is basically my counter to EQ and fire attacks that are aimed at my Lucario (above) and my Metagross (below). Receiving a rock polish and SD boost is the equivalent of 2 DD's, but if Gliscor faints I'm not worried because my team is designed to be able to function even without my awesome baton passer (cocky). Waterfall is STAB and is my answer to fire pokes, EQ takes care of steel/rock types, and stone edge keeps Mence, Latias, Dragonite, and Flygon at bay.

EV's: 252HP 232Atk 12Def
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:

Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

Your standard CB Gross except for explosion. The reason i didnt use Explosion is because people usually expect an explosion when I'm low on HP so they send in a steel type and BAM! OHKO with EQ or Thunderpunch if its a skarm. Aside from netting me some surprise kills, it receives baton passes from Gliscor, mostly rock polish because of its low speed, and and destroys everything. It is also my semi tank/scout. BP scouts and provides a priority STAB while EQ and Meteor mash work together to dent the pokes that BP cant and the Atk boost from Meteor Mash is always welcomed. Metagross is basically my only way to survive several hits and scout.

EV's: 36Atk 220Spe 252SpA
Nature: Mild
Item: Expert Belt
Moveset:
Cross Chop
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power[Ice]
Flamethrower

This is your standard mix sweeper. I just love how he covers 4 types and as mentioned before, works in conjunction with Gyara to form the infamous GyaraVire combo. Cross Chop is STAB and destroys any Blissey's that try to switch in on me, Thunderbolt is STAB and destroys water types, bar Pert and Quagsire, and along with HP[ice] it forms BoltBeam that hits everything for neutral damage, and flamethrower takes care of steel types as long as grass types.

This is the end of my RMT.

For you Gliscor: Tuant is really mainly used for Phazers who will come in to get u out. I have learned from a similar set that an attack move works well there let it be eq or stone edge I personally prefered it over taunt.

I recommend taking of the choice band on Metagross and putting on an expert belt. Make him your dedicated reciever from gliscor and this guy can pack a punch. Your using his most super effective moveset already but may I recommend removing either meteor mash or bullet punch for Zen headbutt to give you maximum coverage.

besides that I can see this being a rather effective team. You maybe can drop the boosting moves on lucario or gyrados as you have gliscor to pass as many times as you need aslong as you can keep it alive. Maybe drop electivre for some wish support. May I suggest the classic Vaporeon:
Bold
Leftovers
188hp/252def/68spe
Wish
Protect
Surf
Toxic

You can use this as a Staller and wish support to keep gliscor alive to keep on passing to your sweepers or to keep your sweepers alive aswell.

i recommend hp grass on evire since swampert walls this team fairly well even with the boost. watch out for stall teams! 4/10

You should use Ice Punch over Bullet Punch or Zen Headbutt IMO, you get coverage against the ever present dragon type, you'll also be able to hit some troublesome ground types that can beat you with Earthquake such as Hippowdon. With Ice Punch over Bullet Punch you can cover 12 types, but then again you already have the BoltBeam combo on Electivire, so you could use Zen Headbutt to take care of ghost types.

Electivire is total trash, don't use it. To fit in with the nature of your team though (passing stat boosts to either lucario/metagross while keeping offensive momentum), you should try using a subpass Jolteon to keep the nice synergy gyaravire has as well as passing a substitute to gliscor, which will make its own baton passing much easier to accomplish. This is the set:

Jolteon @ Leftovers
132 HP/124 SpDef/252 Spe OR 132 hp/240 SpDef/136 Spe
Timid nature for both

Substitute
Baton Pass
Thunderbolt
Wish/HP Grass/Ice

The EVs are either max speed, mixed special defense or more defensive while outspeeding base 115s like Starmie.

The last slot can be filled with a lot of options...HP Grass will still 2hko swampert and hp ice will still do a significant amount to dragons and other gliscor. Wish is another nice bit of support, and you could run something like yawn in the last slot if you felt like it too for sleep support. Its goal is to cushion special attacks in general and also pass substitutes/wish to pokemon who deal safely with jolteon's weaknesses (gyara and gliscor are both great recipients and gyara in particular will love wish+sub for it). It can come in on quite a few threats that would stop gyara cold like scarfRotom, Celebi (who frequently rely on thunder wave/grass knot to beat gyara, both of which will do almost no damage to jolteon), vaporeon, suicune, and defensive Starmie. Here's some calcs for attacks vs. jolteon:

0 SpAtk Bold Celebi's Grass Knot vs. 132/124 Jolteon: 13.16% - 15.79%
0 SpAtk Bold Rotom's Shadow Ball vs. 132/240 Jolteon: 24.67% - 28.95%
252 SpAtk Timid Latias's Draco Meteor vs. 132/240 Jolteon (could happen if you switched gyara out of a bait latias with expert belt): 55.59% - 65.46%

These are just some example calcs, but for the most part gyara's checks are choiced which means you will be able to set up a sub safely as they switch out.

Also, your movesets are a bit redundant: if you want lucario or metagross to be your late-game sweeper, you shouldn't limit them by having a choice band or a stat-up move over coverage. Also, you might want to try a Yache (ice-resist) or Passho (water-resist) berry on gliscor since he can stop status himself with taunt. Frequently, people will try to predict your baton pass switch and most Baton-passing gliscors will carry Yache berry (which is also useful so you can consider this as well), but some people will not use ice beam vs. a gliscor which has just used agility just because yache berry is by far the preferred item choice. Either berry is viable, yache is safe, while passho is more of a mindgame vs. people who use surf vs. gliscor to better-cover the potential baton pass recipient.

Your lucario moveset is fine, you won't always have the opportunity to pass agility+SD to it, so that's fine. Metagross however should be a dedicated recipient. This is a set I've used with some success:

Metagross @ Life Orb

252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Adamant nature

Meteor Mash/Iron Head
Zen Headbutt
Thunderpunch
Earthquake

The only reason to opt for max speed adamant is mostly for when things go wrong and you can't pass him any boosts: he'll still outspeed quite a few things and beat out things like breloom with zen headbutt and beat scizor to the punch. Also, with a +2 he'll speed tie with neutral natured +1 110s like Gengar and Latias, which means if they opt for a modest scarfer you have a chance of tying it and just destroying it with the attack of your choice... :)

+2/+2 metagross will sweep the entire metagame since he can't be played around by careful intimidate switching.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Summary of suggested changes:

1: Jolteon over electivire.
2: Changing to the metagross set I listed (or something similar, more sweeper-oriented).
3: Try Yache or Passho berry over Lum on Gliscor.
4: Consider replacing SD with a coverage move on Lucario (you have no real pursuit bait/dark attack lure on your team so it might be tough to get a setup opportunity with him). You could even just consider replacing Lucario with a more defensive pokemon, since as I see it a CM latias could just run right through this whole team. Play around with this idea, I don't feel like lucario fits very well with this team but he's a great late-game sweeper either way so you can keep him if you like.

Nice team but I think you should change a few members to make the passing easier.

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly

Reflect
Light Screen
Stealth Rock
Explosion/Taunt

Standard Dual Screen Azelf. Reflect and Light Screen makes it much easier for Gliscor to set up both Rock Polish and Swords Dance, especially if a Bulky Water switches in. It will also help any of your other offensive Pokemon set up if Metagross happens to be taken out. Stealth Rock helps the Metagross that I'm about to suggest get some KO's and, IMO, is necessary on all teams. Explosion gives Gliscor a free switch-in, while Taunt helps keep Stealth Rock off of your side of the field which will help Gyarados.

Metagross is probably the best recipiant of Gliscor's Baton Pass in the game so you should capitalize on the boosts.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 132 Spe

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
ThunderPunch
Zen Headbutt

With a +2 Attack boost, this set can OHKO almost everything in the game. The EVs were taken from Agiligross and allow you to outspeed Timid CS Heatran, but you can simply max speed if you wish. Meteor Mash and Earthquake are standard for Metagross and offers great coverage. ThunderPunch hits Skarmory, Suicune, and Gyrados who won't really mind taking the first two attacks. The former two won't always be OHKOd even with SR but neither of them can do much besides phaze you with screens up and Suicune doesn't carry Roar very often. Zen Headbutt KOs defensive Rotom after SR and nearly always KOs Swampert with it up. Gliscor and Zapdos would be the main targets of Ice Punch but they can be taken out with Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt, respectively. Bronzong can only be 2HKOd by Meteor Mash/Thunder Punch, but even without Reflect up, it can only do about 34% max with Earthquake.

Your team is all physical right now, so you could consider replacing Electivire with Choice Specs Jolteon. I'm too tired to copy it so just look it up.

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
You posted a RMT thread jjust yesterday so I'm going to lock this for the time being. PM me between 2 weeks and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)