TEAM UNLIKELY CUTIES! (Uber theme RMT)

hello to my... err.. second RMT hehe...

originating from the depths of LC (not that I'm still that active in LC), I have come to challenge the ubers, but being a Little battler, I shall use my little cute pokemons to defeat the dragons and monstrosities of uber, not to mention the nightmare fuel.

First of all, I have to say that I really don't know that much about uber, and most of the sets I post here have only been tested for a short time.

and so, Little Battler presents...

TEAM UNLIKELY CUTIES

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS
Duh, do I need to explain anything... the odd Kyogre? well, I found out that the cuties are unable to hold on for themselves, so we add the free willy into the team, and Kyogre is cute anyway...

IN DEPTH ANALYSIS

Onion Knight
Lv 100 Celebi @ Lum Berry
Natural Cure / Calm
EV : 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef
Moves :
Grass Knot
Recover
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave

The same Uber Lead Celebi as the one in the smogon strategy dex. Really, I am such a newbie in the ubers and I know nothing of the meta, so I go with this for the lead. Played just like what the set tells me to, paralyze enemy lead if possible, or switch out. If they don't hit hard, SR up, if they hit near 50%, recover, and if they hit hard, switch to a check / counter. Grass knot is there so this set won't be taunt bait, and it can hit the heavy denizens of the uber tier for nice damage.

Pink Panther
Lv 100 Mew @ Leftovers
Synchronize / Timid
EV : 252 HP / 220 Spd / 36 SpDef
Moves :
Softboiled
Will-O-Wisp
U-Turn
Transform

A modified Mew set, made by combining the Dual Status set with Transform, creating a mono-status transforming annoying fetus. U-Turn is used to scout for things, and the EVs are meant for survival, so that Mew can take at least one hit so it can transform to something more menacing. Most preferably, Mew should transform into a sweeper, seeing that the team lacks real hard hitter except Kyogre, but spreading burn is also fun. Softboiled is for recovery when needed, or to help stall with burn damage.

Wishing Star
Lv 100 Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace / Timid
EV : 176 Spd / 252 SpAtk / 80 SpDef
Moves :
Calm Mind
Flash Cannon
Thunder
Wish

While other see Jirachi as an annoying paraflincher with Iron Head, I use it as a wish passing calm mind sweeper. Thunder is for obvious power while Flash Cannon to provide a reliable STAB should Kyogre's rain got wiped out. Wish is obvious, either to heal Jirachi or to be passed to another of its cute cousins. I'm considering Psychic over Flash Cannon, or even any other move with better coverage as a reliable attack. Please post your suggestions.

Sea Prince
Lv 100 Manaphy @ Leftovers
Hydration / Timid
EV : 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 SpAtk
Moves :
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Rest
Surf

Manaphy, the often overlooked uber. Outclassed and outgunned by its water brethen, Manaphy is a force to be reckoned with nonetheless. "Borrowing" Shrang's calm mind sweeper set, the sea prince is quite bulky on the special side after one or two calm minds, even without EV investments. Hydration wakes it up immediately from rest, providing an instant recovery. Surf for STAB, and further boosted by the rain. Ice Beam for coverage and the dragons.

Flower Bush
Lv 100 Shaymin @ Leftovers
Natural Cure / Calm
EV : 252 HP / 36 Spd / 220 SpDef
Moves :
Seed Flare
Aromatherapy
Leech Seed
Rest

Shaymin, the only cute legendary ranked below OU. Why not sky forme? because this is a theme team of the cute legendaries that have 100 to all stats. Basically, Shaymin is the cleric. Switches in on Kyogre on a predicted Thunder / Surf, Shaymin will hopefully force a switch with the threat of Seed Flare. Ice Beam on Kyogre messes this up though. Once in, Shaymin shall use Leech Seed and start spamming Seed Flare and Leech Seed on switches, Resting when needed and switching out, allowing Natural Cure to work.

Free Willy
Lv 100 Kyogre @ Leftovers
Drizzle / Modest
EV : 116 HP / 140 Spd / 252 SpAtk
Moves :
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder
Sleep Talk

Kyogre, the overused whale of Ubers. Why do I use this? Simple, supporting a Calm Mind Manaphy sweep, killing random Darkrais with Sleep Talk, and to support Jirachi's Thunder. Kyogre's set here is taken directly from the Versatile Ogre set posted on the smogon strategy dex, so not much to say here. If gen 5 throws out another all 100 legendary, the whale shall be kicked out of the team.

okay, comments, critics, flame, hate, just post okay?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since this team has a theme to it, I'm not going to bother making Pokemon change suggestions. However, I do suggest some set/EV changes. Firstly, you got my CM Manaphy spread wrong, it's 252 HP/80 SpA/176 Spe, so you can actually avoid being 2HKO'd by Scarf Thunders as you Calm Mind up to +2, then Rest off the damage. If you're using the same spread, you're better off with the Tail Glow set, I'm afraid.

Anyway, CM Jirachi doesn't do very well in Ubers, it just doesn't hit hard enough. Since your team is quite weak to DD Rayquaza and by extension, Salamence, I would suggest changing Jirachi to a Choice Scarf set:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Iron Head/Body Slam
-Ice Punch
-U-Turn
-Trick

Hope I helped. Good luck!!

I like the idea as I also thought of something similar at one point (pixies team!) but the truth is that 100 stats are not that threatening hence why you have so many set uppers. Notice that Lati@s will just run through your team setting up their own CM. Also, Scizor (which is pretty common) gets a free switch against Celebi and Shaymin and pulls off an unresisted U-Turn every time (it's even SE against half of your team).

@ shrang
okay, thanks for your suggestion, I'd test those in a few moments

@ locoghoul
I know, but they are too cute, and it gives a challenge of itself XD

EDIT:

okay, so far, trickscarf jirachi is capable of checking lati@s to some extent, while not too good, provides me with a check nonetheless.

From the little play I've had so far, I've been having most trouble with lati twins, having only trickscarf to check them.

Mew hasn't been doing much, or perhaps it's me who can't use it to its fullest potential...

Mew hasn't been doing much, or perhaps it's me who can't use it to its fullest potential...
For this team I think you need to use a sweeper Mew. Try the SD set or even NastyPlot (which you can pass to Kyogre if needed). If not I'd go boom taking at least one of their pokes.

EDIT: What you can do too is to spread paralysis with Mew so that Scarfrachi can flinchkill the twins or any other poke that doesn't resist Iron Head. I'd use T-Wave/U-Turn/SuperFang/Explosion if not a sweeper set

There is deffinately a cuter jirachi sprite to be found, and at this point, I feel like that is what is holding this team back.

I will post something relivant soon

For this team I think you need to use a sweeper Mew. Try the SD set or even NastyPlot (which you can pass to Kyogre if needed). If not I'd go boom taking at least one of their pokes.

EDIT: What you can do too is to spread paralysis with Mew so that Scarfrachi can flinchkill the twins or any other poke that doesn't resist Iron Head. I'd use T-Wave/U-Turn/SuperFang/Explosion if not a sweeper set
okay, I'll try a SD physical sweeper set + explosion since I already have celebi for T-Wave support.

I think you should try a more supportive jirachi; your team will really benefit from both a tank and supporter.

jirachi @ lefties
careful 240HP, 12 Def, 252 Spd

Body slam
U-turn
Wish
Toxic/T-wave/SR/Protect

It really helps spread status and tanks draco meteors and ice beams like a blissey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)