Team WallStorm [OU RMT]

~Hey Guys~

So yeah, this is supposed to be my best team i've made so far. This team exists for a very long time, something like 1 year already. I've changed it over and over and when Platinum changes came, i updated the team. When Garchomp left this team because it became Uber, this team got really weak (duh chomp pwns). So i left it like this and started playing other teams. I continued with that until Latias became OU, i saw that Latias had potential so i've immidiately placed it in the spot Garchomp had. I swapped some pokemon like Zapdos for Gliscor, Swampert for Heatran. So this is my end result.

The problem with this team is that it's really slow. There's no real sweeper aswell. Latias is easily counterable and Tyranitar is bulky but very slow. Those are the main problems. This team is like Pseudo-stall and i want to make it a bit offensive without making it gimmicky. I hope you understand. Anyway, up to the team:

At a glance:

The team:​

Note: Changes in bold

WeirdFish (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
---
Swampert is a pretty good lead to be honest. He is very bulky, meaning it can take some hits. It learns Stealth Rock, which is good for a lead. Stealth Rock is neccesary in every team in my opinion, so i chose this as my lead. Not much to tell here actually. Ice Beam for Dragons like Salamence and Flygon, Latias. Earthquake for Steel Types. What i like about Swampert as a lead is because most leads can't kill him. Azelf and Metagross can Explode on him though, but thats why Tyranitar is in this team. Roar to make use of the SR and forcing switchers, making Stat-upping practically useless.

CuteDragon (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/180 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
---
I replaced Latias for Flygon, since Latias wasn't really good in here. Flygon is an excellent Revenge killer, and with U-turn at his disposal, he's going to be a very annoying pokemon. So the first thing about Flygon is his 180 Spd EVs. I did that instead of 176 EVs to outspeed threats that are as fast as me with a Choice Scarf and kill them with the move i need. The given Spd Evs gives me 181 Spd, 1 faster than most normal Choice Scarfers like Jirachi and other Flygon. I use Outrage mostly on late-game, as i should have killed their responses to Flygon. Mid-game ans Early-game, i use U-turn to scout and switch to an appropriate counter. Fire Punch is there for several reasons. It allows me to OHKO Scizor instantly, it does at least some damage to Skarmory and Bronzong. I hardly use Stone Edge when i carry it in this set, so why not Fire Punch? Earthquake just pwns a lot of pokemon in general, so thats for your second STAB.

GodZilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
---
Tyranitar is probably my most OU pokemon together with Zapdos and Vaporeon. I mostly use 1 of them in each team, but not always! Anyway, this Tyranitar is a beast, packs a lot, and i mean A LOT of power and is very bulky. GodZilla as name fits him. This almost guarantees a kill against Latias with Pursuit, it can't switch out so it's doomed. Stone Edge is for STAB, and with 150 Base Power (STAB included), this hurts a lot of pokemon. Crunch hit's everything hard aswell, and does not have shaky accuracy. I prefer Aqua Tail over Earthquake. Aqua Tail lets me take on Gliscor and Hippowdon, which are pretty annoying for my team, especially the latter one. Also, i want to note the EVs, i transferred some HP Evs to Speed. This gives me 208 speed, outspeeding most Metagross, Skarmory, etc. It worked good for me so yeah XD.

Aquarian (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---
Vaporeon, my Gyarados counter and probably the cutest pokemon i've ever seen :$ Regardless of it's cuteness, it's a beast and a perfect wall. With Aqua Absorb as ability, it easily absorb Water moves, which otherwise hurts my team. Wish/Protect is a standard combo here. Wish is there to heal Vaporeon and other teammates. Protect is there to guarantee the Wish recovery, and it scouts very good. It might be predictable at times though. Surf is for general STAB, hurting Infernape and such. HP Electric is there for other Water pokemon, mainly Gyarados. Gyarados can't do anything to this besides relying to Stone Edge critical hits (which happens often on me, seriously). Vaporeon is just 1 pokemon i really like :)

VoltyBirdy (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost
---
Crap, this thing walls a lot of pokemon. I'm talking about Metagross, Scizor, Lucario, etc. I love Zapdos. With this Bulky spread, it walls Lucario and Scizor, which otherwise sweeps my whole team if Zapdos and Jirachi are gone. I chose Discharge over Thunderbolt for the 30% chance for Paralysis, which is very handy. It saved my butt a lot of times actually. Heat Wave kills a lot of Steel Types, and thats why this walls the pokemon i just mentioned. Since Swampert has Roar now, i opted for Hidden Power Grass. It seems like Swampert is a bitch to my team, so Hidden Power Grass solves that problem for me. Roost is for the standard recovery move.

CosmicStar (Jirachi) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Iron Head
- Grass Knot
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
---
I changed the set here. From a Scarf Jirachi it's now a Mixed Jirachi! I like this set, it's not utterly broken but very, very suprising. From what i've seen, people find Swampert a legit counter to most Jirachi, and when they see i don't carry Leftovers, they're going to think that this Jirachi is scarfed, big mistake. Grass Knot 2HKO's most bulky water thanks to Expert belt. Scizor it outspeed and OHKO'd by Fire Punch, the same fate is waiting for Lucario when it switches in, but it has to have some damage already because Fire Punch does like 77% damage to it. But with 1 Close Combat Def drop, it's a OHKO and if Life Orb and Stealth Rock has already damaged Lucario, it's also a OHKO. The 2 biggest counters to this set is Gyarados and Heatran. Gyarados is completely walled by Vaporeon and can't do much to him. Flygon also outspeeds most Gyarados even after 1 Dragon Dance, then Outrage for the kill. 50% of my team walls Heatran. Tyranitar can come in and threaten with Aqua Tail, Vaporeon can easily come in and Surf it do dead. Swampert can just Earthquake it. Flygon outspeeds most Heatran and OHKO with Earthquake, Flygon can also come in into Earth Power and Fire Blast with easy. Back to Mixed Jirachi, if people assume that this is scarfed, and they've seen i Fire Punched, they'll think that i'm stuck in it, so they send out something that takes Fire Punch, big mistake. People also underestimate the speed of Jirachi, 328 being very high.

The credits:​
Credits to the sprite generator of dragonflycave, and for the pictures, credits to Arkeis.

Please rate this team and leave a comment!!

Hi. As promised, here’s your rate.

For the most part, this team looks reasonably solid; you seem to have most of the big threats covered defensively, but there’s still a couple of minor weaknesses to watch out for. The biggest problem here is probably going to be its offense. Against stall teams in particular, it looks to me like you’re overly reliant on CBtar taking out Blissey so that you can try to sweep with Latias. However, considering how popular Wish+Protect Blissey is on stall teams, that’s not really a particularly reliable strategy.
The simplest fix would be to give Latias a moveset of Dragon Pulse/Refresh/Recover/Calm Mind, which means that it can take on Blissey without worrying about Toxic, meaning that in order to beat stall you have to weaken/take out Forretress and Celebi, which is usually a bit easier to do. The downside of this would be that Latias becomes move vulnerable to Pursuit from Tyranitar and Scizor, which was already a problem. If you decide not to go with Refresh, then HP Fire would be worth considering over Surf. CB Scizor is a lot more common than CBTar, and Latias makes a great Scizor lure. Taking Scizor out early on with HP Fire will make things a lot easier for you, as your team struggles to take CB U-turns.
Another possible solution would be to give Jirachi a mixed set using Iron Head/Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Thunderbolt, which is a great wallbreaker, however that would mean that you lose your revenge killer, opening yourself up to being swept by a Salamence.
If neither of those appeal to you, I guess you can try to work around it through good use of Trick and CBTar, although it’s going to be pretty difficult to beat a good stall team.

Stall problem aside, theres a few small fixes to make on each of the pokemon to make things work a bit better.

Your current Swampert spread was designed for when Garchomp was around – the Sp. Atk EVs guarantee the OHKO on 4/0 Garchomp. Seeing as that’s no longer important, you may as well go 252 HP/252 Def with the remaining 4 EVs in Atk or Sp. Def in order to maximise Swampert’s defenses. It might be worth going with Roar or Protect over Surf on Swampert, as I’ve rarely found Surf to be particularly useful, and phazing up some SR damage or Protecting to scout is always useful to have on a defensive pokemon.

200 Speed isn’t necessary on Tyranitar, the standard spread of 176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spe would be better, as the additional bulk makes switching in a bit easier, and the 200 Speed EVs aren’t going to be all that useful a lot of the time.

On Vaporeon, the EVs are outdated again, as the 68 Sp. Atk is designed to OHKO Garchomp here too (plus, you aren’t even using Ice Beam). I’d relocate them to HP and put the 4 remaining points in Speed.

Zapdos should be using HP Grass over Roar, as your team doesn’t have a reliable way of taking out Swampert, which can easily wall almost your entire team, and CursePert could be extremely dangerous if it gets a chance to set up, which HP Grass covers nicely.
You should go with the standard EV spread of 252 HP/224 Def/32 Spe, which lets Zapdos outspeed Tyranitar, which is more important than a small increase in defense.

I’d go with a Jolly nature and max Speed on Jirachi so that you can speed tie with DDMence as a worst case scenario, as well as being able to outspeed and beat Jolly Ice Punch Lucario after Tricking away your scarf, as your entire team can otherwise be swept by one.

Let me know how these changes work out after you’ve tested them, and I’ll take another look at what you’ve got if you want. Just send me a PM on IRC or something. Good luck with the team!

Thanks for this big rate, i appreciate it a lot!! I do have some questions that might suit my style, as i don't really like Latias:

How about i make Jirachi a subCM sweeper? It beats Blissey 1 on 1 most of the time, and it can't break it's subs aswell. And it's unexpected i think. Then, instead of Latias, i get myself a Scarfed Flygon? It's still a good revenge killer with that, and it actually can be useful with U-turn and all. Plus i like Flygon. Whatya think?

Anywayz, i'm gonna change the EVs on the pokemon now, so hang on and i'll update it.

You should actually replace fire punch with fire blast on that flygon, and change the nature aswell so it (doesn't lower sp atk because of fire blast)
Fire punch would MAYBE do barely half to skarmory, but fire blast however if you switch out those hp evs or some of the hp evs to sp atk evs, it will ohko.
Although its x4 super effective, forretress has also a chance to survive fire punch. fire blast is a better coverage than fire punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)