Project Teambuilding Workshop v2 (Closed) [READ OP and Post #553]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Pokepals

So, I really liked this core and how it fared against most team archetypes. So the core was pretty weak to physical threats, TankChomp was a nice addition to the team to check the likes of Bisharp, Talonflame, and get chip damage on threats like M-CharizardX and M-Altaria. Specs Keldeo looked like a really big threat now so AV Tornadus-T was added as a more than decent switch in to it and it checked things like M-Gardevoir, the Lati twins, and just gave the team a nice pivot in general. CM Manaphy was added because I felt like the team needed a Pokemon with offensive and defensive presence at the same time and also needed something to get off damage on a +1 M-ZardX / M-Altaria and have another check to Keldeo. It appreciates Pursuit-trapping from Bisharp so that it has an easier time against opposing teams and CM+Rest is a pretty cool set imo, and very underrated atm. Threats to the team are: M-CharizardX, DD M-Altaria, SubCM Keldeo, (Nasty Plot) Thundurus-I, and annoying stuff to the team include TankChomp and Rotom-W, hence I'd suggest trying out Ice Punch on Lopunny and SD on Bisharp. Enjoy :)

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Scald

Everyone wish Halcyon. a happy birthday pls :3

Here's a bit of a challenge to build around due to the extreme amount of support it requires but I feel as if Poliwrath has its own niche and is almost unstoppable when used correctly.

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch / Double-Edge
- Belly Drum

I think Swift Swim Belly Drum Poliwrath is a pokemon with a concrete niche but is often overlooked because it requires a lot of team support and has a limited window of oppurtinity for sweeping. However, with this moveset and under the rain there is almost nothing Poliwrath can't OHKO after a Belly Drum. I think Poliwrath greatly benefits from the current meta. Fat balance cores are increasing, which it easily dismantles, Mega Pinsir is hardly seen, and with the fatter, bulkier, teams nowadays priority, which harms fast set up sweepers like Poliwrath, is decreasing. That being said, Poliwrath handles most priority well anyways. It resists Ice Shard, Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch, and Sucker Punch while only being weak to flying and neutral to normal and fighting priority. The flying weakness isn't that bad anyways because like I said, Mega Pinsir is hardly seen and Talonflame revenges most non-resists either way.

Obviously Poliwrath needs rain support, so either Damp Rock Politoed or a Damp Rock Prankster is necessary. With Politoed you could build a whole team designed to wear down water resists or with something like Thundurus your opponent might not think to save their water resist and sack it early game, thinking Poliwrath isn't a threat. Both forms of rain support have their pros.

The best answers to Poliwrath after it has setup are Mega Venusaur (if lacking Double-Edge), Multiscale Dragonite (if lacking Ice Punch), Priority Thunder Wave (if lacking Lum Berry), Priority Flying, and of course stalling out rain. To remedy people attempting to stall out rain, I have been giving Poliwrath Healing Wish support, which is good because it allows Poliwrath to have two chances to break the opposing team down and sweep. Iirc, Double-Edge has a decent chance to OHKO Mega Venusaur before rocks and is a guaranteed OHKO with rocks. However, if you want to be even more of a hipster you can use Silk Scarf and Return for a slightly higher KO percentage and no recoil (I did is once on a joke team that had screen support), although Sitrus Berry and Double-Edge is probably better. In retrospect, Double-Edge might be a better option than Ice Punch even though I have it slashed second due to how much more common Mega Venusaur is now. Keep in mind that Waterfall can usually OHKO common STAB resists such as Latios and Offensive Starmie so spamming Double-Edge or running Ice Punch to hit some resists might not be as necessary as you think. Anyways, good luck!

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Team Pokepals

So, I really liked this core and how it fared against most team archetypes. So the core was pretty weak to physical threats, TankChomp was a nice addition to the team to check the likes of Bisharp, Talonflame, and get chip damage on threats like M-CharizardX and M-Altaria. Specs Keldeo looked like a really big threat now so AV Tornadus-T was added as a more than decent switch in to it and it checked things like M-Gardevoir, the Lati twins, and just gave the team a nice pivot in general. CM Manaphy was added because I felt like the team needed a Pokemon with offensive and defensive presence at the same time and also needed something to get off damage on a +1 M-ZardX / M-Altaria and have another check to Keldeo. It appreciates Pursuit-trapping from Bisharp so that it has an easier time against opposing teams and CM+Rest is a pretty cool set imo, and very underrated atm. Threats to the team are: M-CharizardX, DD M-Altaria, SubCM Keldeo, (Nasty Plot) Thundurus-I, and annoying stuff to the team include TankChomp and Rotom-W, hence I'd suggest trying out Ice Punch on Lopunny and SD on Bisharp. Enjoy :)

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Scald

Everyone wish Halcyon. a happy birthday pls :3
Thanks a ton! Y'all are the best :)

Do I need to copy-paste on the second page the core that I've posted before now that the team building shop is open again?

I mean what set isn't a bad set on Mega Latios? DD is outclassed, CM is outclassed by Latias, AoA is outclassed by LO Latios in power, and who uses Mega Lati as a Defogger lol. The only thing that isn't super outclassed is Lure with EQ. I just picked one set that looked sort of cool and tried to build with it.

Seriously though, literally the best set for Mega Latios is not using Mega Latios. I get that.
Mega Latios's main advantages over its normal form are greater bulk and increased staying power, which are best taken advantage of with an offensive Calm Mind set. Such a set also differentiates itself from Mega Latias with its greater power, which is even more important seeing as how Draco Meteor is often going to drop your Special Attack back to +0 (and don't anyone just tell me that Mega Latias is bulkier and therefore it outclasses Mega Latios, because if bulk were all that mattered then offensive CM LO Latios wouldn't be a standard set). It's not a huge niche, but it's also not that hard to build a team around, and it's certainly a lot more likely to carry is own weight more than a mediocre DD set.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you build a team around it, you can make CM Mega Latios work, I'm sure. That set plays to its strengths way more than a DD set does. The problem with DD is that it doesn't bring anything to the team that an Altaria or Charizrd wouldn't bring better.

Also please don't wish me a happy birthday 9_9 my birthday is on Saturday.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright I got an interesting core that I've had trouble building around:

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

I'm fine if you guys want to change the sets or EV spread significantly but this is just a basis. In theory these two mons provide a lot of offensive pressure and check each others checks & counters for the most part (Volc checking Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, Clefable, Kyu-B checking Heatran, Talonflame if at full, fat Garchomp, Dragonite, and some other stuff). Biggest issue is that Stealth Rocks just ruin the core so yeah that is where I had the most issues building haha.

Cool to see the workshop back! try building around this ca$h

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Take a long hard look at all your fat balance teams and tell me your switch in to this majestic beast..
this mon is the definition of anti meta, fat teams really struggle switching into its STABs the atk lets it ohko spdef tran 100 percent of the time on the switch.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird

Talon benefits from aboma luring in tran as well as beating hippo, slowbro, rotom-w, lando-t and even fatchomp (aboma can live 1 fireblast if it needs to) simultaneously checking scizor, rachi, spdefmew and lopunny.

Feel free to tweak the sets and spreads if need be. Also I need the best hazard control in the universe
Thanks!

Last edited:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 80 Atk / 212 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Sceptile-Mega have issues against Fairies so Heatran is a good partner to it. Heatran is checked by Water-type and Hippowdon, and Sceptile takes care of them. You can change the moveset if you want (for example, Substitute > Rock Slide, or Specially Defensive Heatran > Choice Scarf Tran).

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
oh ok nice

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Pretty standard core, Latias can get hit by water type moves and can deal with threats such as keldeo and can also provide defog support for charizard.Charizard instead, can deal with fairy types and steel types for latias.It would be nice if someone could build a balanced team around this core.Thanks in advance
Note:If you think that the core is not that good I don't mind latias being replaced with something else, also take your time I don't mind waiting :).
I might be taking this.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
ir0n

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 144 HP / 108 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Char-Y + Latias means I have two mons that love to be ScarfTar food, means I'm using Defog to remove hazards when I rather have Rapid Spin + Hazards to actually pressure the meta instead of relying solely on rock damage. So with that said you provided the most boring core in existence and as such I have provided you the most boring team I've made all week. Let's celebrate!

Back to reality. I wanted bulky Starmie cause as previously stated I think teams or at least balance ones function a whole lot better with hazards or some other aspect other than Stealth Rock for residual damage, Scald helps with players second guessing throwing out their Pursuit trappers. Gives the team a much needed Keldeo switch in as well while using Psychic for Defensive M-Venusaur, Rotom-W, and STAB to threaten Keldeo and other Psychic prone mons. Tank Chomp + Spikes Ferro is a pretty standard hazard + residual core to pressure contact attackers along with applying hazard pressure throughout the game. I think Fire Blast is better on this version to threaten Mega Scizor but if you play in a tournament or something to that degree I'd keep Toxic as an option for Mega Slowbro which is an underrated threat in the meta. Thunder Wave Ferro is for speed control seeing as how the team is primarily slow against most offense along with crippling predicted Zard switch ins. Timid Zard-Y so you're not Manaphy fodder and autolose to all the Base 100s running speed nature like M-Gardevoir after you get rocks damage. HexGar is more or less the Clefable check and stallbreaker on this team. Scarftar is scarftar, thought about using Weavile, but needed a secondary check to Talonflame and to an extent necessitated a Lati and switch in to stuff like M-Manectric. You can use a stronger Garchomp variant such as Attack and speed with Adamant nature, same item, but with Dragon Claw > Dragon Tail and Swords Dance over Fire Blast / Toxic to pressure mixed Clefable who like to switch into Chomp a lot.

Enjoy.

+

I was thinking about an offensive core using these two (bulky offense OR bulky balance). These two cover each other's weaknesses very well. With the exception to flying for m-venu, each of their weaknesses are covered. and the weakness to flying can be covered by another mon. manaphy can come in on venu's hard counters such as some t-flame variants. and heatran. tail-glow mana can act as a nice late-game win condition. in addition it can wreck stall and balance-based teams depending on type coverage.

****The only thing i ask is that when you guys test the team you make for this PLEASE SAVE THE REPLAYS of all battles and paste them when you post the team. It'd really help! :)

Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Last edited:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

First go around I wasn't focused enough on this project before and it showed in the final product; so I'll take more time when releasing these to make sure they're actually decent. The first thing I noticed about the original core of Alakazam and Mega Aero was that both pokemon have trouble dealing with steels. The ones that cause them the most problems are jirachi, bisharp, scizor, heatran, and ferrothorn. Since both are great at attracting steels Magnezone was added to trap them with magnet pull. I opted for Substitute + Life Orb Magnezone for more flexibility on offense and when trapping, to prevent it from being useless outside of trapping 1 or 2 steels. You have to make a couple double switches against most teams when you feel as though they might bring in their steel type (against zam, aero, or clef), but the team is built in such a way that this will be easily to accomplish. Chesnaught was added as a defensive stopper to physical steel types as well as other threats, it's a great defensive mon that can disrupt a lot of popular strategies thanks to its utility and typing. Chesnaught's Spikes help weaken walls, which is highly appreciated by mega aero and alakazam. I gave Chesnaught some investment in special defense to help against electrics. Rotom-W is a nuisance, so adding Wood Hammer over Spiky Shield or Leech Seed would probably help the team function a little better. Clefable was added to compliment Chesnaught and to pick up where it lacks defensively. Clefable also carries Stealth Rock > Flamethrower. I felt this was okay since the team has Magnezone to trap steels but if you would feel more comfortable using flamethrower, give Aero SR > Roost. I needed a reliable hazard remover so I added Starmie to the team since it has recovery and a great move (Reflect Type) that gives it a way of dealing with mon's that would otherwise counter it. Charizard X is annoying so it's best to switch aggressively when your opponent has a zard.

iSuicune

hello , the core i'd like build around is

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind

Thes two beat a lot of each other's counters, and form a nice offensive asset that punches holes in the opponent's team. I am not sure if it'll work out but if possible can a team be build around this?

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Analytic is a god for bringing this back n_n.

Struggling to build around Mega Sharpedo :[ It's a cool mon but I just can't build around it for some reason.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Simple but effective core. Sharpedo struggles with the likes of Azumarill, Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Keldeo, which Celebi beats quite easily, and Celebi also can Baton Pass Swords Dance boosts to Mega Sharpedo. Celebi doesn't like stuff such as Mega Scizor, Gengar, and Bisharp , which Mega Sharpedo is capable of beating at +1 Speed. Not sure but maybe a Fire-type to round off an FWG core would work? Also please no Magnezone. Thanks in advance n_n

ir0n

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 144 HP / 108 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Char-Y + Latias means I have two mons that love to be ScarfTar food, means I'm using Defog to remove hazards when I rather have Rapid Spin + Hazards to actually pressure the meta instead of relying solely on rock damage. So with that said you provided the most boring core in existence and as such I have provided you the most boring team I've made all week. Let's celebrate!

Back to reality. I wanted bulky Starmie cause as previously stated I think teams or at least balance ones function a whole lot better with hazards or some other aspect other than Stealth Rock for residual damage, Scald helps with players second guessing throwing out their Pursuit trappers. Gives the team a much needed Keldeo switch in as well while using Psychic for Defensive M-Venusaur, Rotom-W, and STAB to threaten Keldeo and other Psychic prone mons. Tank Chomp + Spikes Ferro is a pretty standard hazard + residual core to pressure contact attackers along with applying hazard pressure throughout the game. I think Fire Blast is better on this version to threaten Mega Scizor but if you play in a tournament or something to that degree I'd keep Toxic as an option for Mega Slowbro which is an underrated threat in the meta. Thunder Wave Ferro is for speed control seeing as how the team is primarily slow against most offense along with crippling predicted Zard switch ins. Timid Zard-Y so you're not Manaphy fodder and autolose to all the Base 100s running speed nature like M-Gardevoir after you get rocks damage. HexGar is more or less the Clefable check and stallbreaker on this team. Scarftar is scarftar, thought about using Weavile, but needed a secondary check to Talonflame and to an extent necessitated a Lati and switch in to stuff like M-Manectric. You can use a stronger Garchomp variant such as Attack and speed with Adamant nature, same item, but with Dragon Claw > Dragon Tail and Swords Dance over Fire Blast / Toxic to pressure mixed Clefable who like to switch into Chomp a lot.

Enjoy.
Thanks a lot. I actually wanted a simple and boring team around a simple and boring core by the way

What I would like a team built around is not a core as per se, because the only compulsory member I want is this:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Reuniclus is perhaps one of the most underrated Pokemon in the current metagame, lying only barely above garbage like Forretress, Xatu and Donphan in terms of usage in 1825+. However, its usage does not necessarily reflect its viability, as it comfortably has a very solid ranking at B+ in the viability thread. What makes Reuniclus shine above Clefable, would really be general consistency, due to greater immediate power and better bulk. 125 SAtk is a huge jump from 95, which means Reuniclus can put in more work in cases where you cant really afford to CM up (which happens more than you think). Its better bulk is sufficient to always dodge 2HKO by stuff which Clef can be, like Lopunny, Altaria, making it a bit more consistent when switching into stuff. Clef having a better typing is also very arguable, considering steel types and poison types are almost as common as dark type attackers nowadays. All in all, I think Reuniclus is getting too little attention for the amount of work it can put out, that's why it deserves a team feat. it.

OPTIONAL
If a 2 mon core is really necessary for the sake of this thread, then I will just put SDef Gliscor here for consideration. It it possibly one of the best partners Reuniclus can ask for, sponging Knock Off, checking Gengar, Scizor, Bisharp, and being a super annoying mon in general. However, using Gliscor will open up a very obvious hole to Weavile, so that would be something to take note of.

Last edited:

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Generic offensive core really. Right off the bat you have a boosting wincon vs offense in Diancie and a boosting wincon vs balance in Thundurus which is nice. You also check a lot of offensive threats, with Diancie checking the zards, Weavile, Tornadus-T, and Talonflame, while Thundurus checks waters, Scizor, scarf grounds, and paralyzes faster mons like Lopunny and Alakazam. Some pokemon that are checked by Diancie are set-up bait for Thund and vice versa. Thund and Diancie can also wear down Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, Clefable, etc for eachother. Lastly Thundurus benefits a lot from Magic Bounce as with Leftovers it doesn't have to worry about one of it's biggest problems, residual damage. Not to mention RP Diancie beats all the fast offense-breakers people are hyping after a boost. In theory it feels like a great place to start building a team and I know you'll do a great job with this one.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

First go around I wasn't focused enough on this project before and it showed in the final product; so I'll take more time when releasing these to make sure they're actually decent. The first thing I noticed about the original core of Alakazam and Mega Aero was that both pokemon have trouble dealing with steels. The ones that cause them the most problems are jirachi, bisharp, scizor, heatran, and ferrothorn. Since both are great at attracting steels Magnezone was added to trap them with magnet pull. I opted for Substitute + Life Orb Magnezone for more flexibility on offense and when trapping, to prevent it from being useless outside of trapping 1 or 2 steels. You have to make a couple double switches against most teams when you feel as though they might bring in their steel type (against zam, aero, or clef), but the team is built in such a way that this will be easily to accomplish. Chesnaught was added as a defensive stopper to physical steel types as well as other threats, it's a great defensive mon that can disrupt a lot of popular strategies thanks to its utility and typing. Chesnaught's Spikes help weaken walls, which is highly appreciated by mega aero and alakazam. I gave Chesnaught some investment in special defense to help against electrics. Rotom-W is a nuisance, so adding Wood Hammer over Spiky Shield or Leech Seed would probably help the team function a little better. Clefable was added to compliment Chesnaught and to pick up where it lacks defensively. Clefable also carries Stealth Rock > Flamethrower. I felt this was okay since the team has Magnezone to trap steels but if you would feel more comfortable using flamethrower, give Aero SR > Roost. I needed a reliable hazard remover so I added Starmie to the team since it has recovery and a great move (Reflect Type) that gives it a way of dealing with mon's that would otherwise counter it. Charizard X is annoying so it's best to switch aggressively when your opponent has a zard.

iSuicune
Hey rob, thanks a lot for putting in the effort to build a team around my suggested core. I'm a huge fan of your teams and will definitely try this one out. Thanks a lot man.

Here is another core I haven't been able to successfully build around.

(Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

(Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

So many teams are weak to zardx right now and unprepared for crawdaunt. Crawdaunt can eliminate/weaken zardx checks since it hits things like hippo, landorus, slowbro, heatran, and tyranitar very hard. It helps in breaking bulky cores and can do a number to offense with SD aqua jet. All of this can pave the way for a zardx sweep. Zard supports crawdaunt in that it can resist those electric and grass moves and set up on mons that wall crawdaunt like chestnaught. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)