That's the melody to "Funky Town." (Part 2) - (Calm Pentagon Thundurus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how long I want to keep this thread open (depending on popularity). I will contact the mods when I want it closed.

"Art" by me

Rules:
1. Deposit a random pokemon over Lv. 20 on gts requesting a Thundurus Lv. 41-50.
2. Put your message to say "Most" or anything significant so I know it's you.
3. Post here and include your IGN and the exact Lv. and gender of your pokemon.
4. Be nice.

If you're opposed to cloned pokemon or me using powersaves please don't participate. I am not breaking any smogon rules.

Codes I use:
- Max money / Max items / Max medicine / Cloning
- Backing up your save / Save restoration

Thundurus (german name: Voltolos)
OT: Most (50595)
(M) - calm - Prankster
IVs: 31.31.31.31.31.31
EVs: UT (Lv. 50)
Thunderbolt - Thunder Wave - Taunt - Swagger
(All moves PP maxed, holding leftovers)

[Fully redis]

Additional info (Not required reading)
Since people love talking about themselves here is some of the background info and personal thoughts.
This giveaway has nothing to do with it being the holiday season or christmas. I just got lucky a few days ago and got my first ever flawless SR (I'd also consider 31.xx.31.31.31.31 flawless). Sadly it is in a masterball so the trade value here in the Wi-Fi forum is rather low imo. I chose Calm as the nature since I already had a flawless timid one from a trade. I probably will only use it for BS triples and according to the usage stats calm is one of the more popular natures alongside with bold and timid. I know Calm was also used in VGC15 so that's cool too. I don't know about VGC16 (if calm is even viable)... I asked a bit around for some good EVs spreads but ultimately decided to give away the UT version. tbh I am not a fan of giving away battle-ready/EV trained pokemon since you're basically spoonfeeding the people.
I am not very good at battling and I rarely do it so I feel like this awesome flawless SR would go to waste if I just kept it for myself.
I also invested some extra time to obtain various ribbons for this thundurus. Altogether I managed to get 20 ribbons on it including contest star meaning it will have the extra animation when you send it into battle. I missed out on a few badges because they were either too tedious or involved things I didn't want to do.
A different point I am annoyed about is that the catch date is some time in 2014 because I didn't softreset this on my main 3ds. This was obtained on my cousin's 3ds. People are always suspicious of hex flawless stuff and this catch date doesn't help :/
The totol softresetting time is hard to tell. I SRd about a week or two during summer. I even talked to vzxt (the guy who traded me his timid hp ice one) how annoying it was to SR because of prankster and all that. After that I never bothered to continue this hunt. Now that I had a bit more free time I started again and got this one within a day. Using a master ball also helped speed up the process.
As for the item choice, I'll use sitrus berry for personal use but since leftovers is rarer I think it'll increase the exclusivity of the giveaway. I think everyone has a sitrus berry lying around.

Anyways, I'm rambling on. Props to you if you read all of this. I hope you guys enjoy this giveaway. I really put a bunch of effort into this giveaway with the ribbons and the art. And if you're just participating for the free leftovers that's ok too, I guess. Sorry that this paragraph is all over the place, I just tried to explain my intentions and thought process as good as possible.

Here are some extra behind the scenes images showing the progress of me getting some of the ribbons.

"Won't you take me to... FUNKY TOWN!?!"

I do enjoy this giveaway and I would like to have one of these. Thank you.

I deposited a level 100 Porygon2 for a level 41-50 "Voltolos". The message is "Most", the ingame name is "Alex" and the Porygon2 is shiny.

Huh, I never thought about Calm Thundurus, but sounds like an intriguing possibility, I'll take one!
Deposited a female lv 21 Pancham.
IGN: Nochielo
Msg: Most

I deposited a Lv. 40 (F) Octillery.
IGN: Stephen

Thank you so much in advanced!

Last edited:
Depositing a lv30 Japanese sawsbuck
IGN:lethal6
Thank you and happy holidays!
Forgot to add that the sawsbuck is male

Last edited:
OMG, I'm so touched by people just helping people make VGC 2016 teams.

Deposited a female lv. 30 gloom
IGN: O'Connor

Thank you very much. ;_;

IGN Phil
Deposited a lv 40 male mantine
Message is "Most"

Thanks in advance for the giveaway

EDIT: Thank you very much!!

Last edited:
Deposited a female level 30 Abra
IGN: Xemnas

Thanks for the giveaway! I'll probably end up using it for something like Swagplay in the Smogon Strategy dex. >:D

1. Deposited a female nature quirky slowpoke lvl 24
2. Message: Most
3.IGN Lariana
I think soft reseting can be the most frustrating thing. I tried soft resetting for a xerneas and ended up giving up I only got four ivs.. and honestly the two missing aren't that good. Good on you for having so much patience for getting a flawless thunder cloud!

EDIT: Had to edit my pokemon someone took my first rhydon.

Last edited:
Deposited a male lv 30 Gloom (Duflor) with message "Most", ign is Maurice :>
ty in advance!

/Edit:
Received it! Thanks a bunch! :3

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deposted a Female Japanese Level 30 Snease
The message is Most
My in game name is Theorymon

BTW While Thundurus isn't really that common in Triples (it tends to get sorta overloaded there), I can say that I liked Taunt on it there when I tried it out in XY. There are a TON of Trick Room teams in Triples!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)