The Antimatter Blitz(peaked #7 on Skarmbliss ladder)

What do you think of this team?

• Total voters

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Introduction
So the VGC 2011 rules came out. I thought the Unova only rule was really lame, but since I like to try out any metagame, and besides, being a huge fan of multibattles, I decided to go ahead and build a team. With the Smgoon server having like zero VGC 2011 activity when I’m online, I decided to take this to the SkarmBliss server, and tried it out in a few abtles. It hasn’t really performed as well I would have liked it to, though it does get the job done, peaking at #7(and possibly can rise even more!).

This team is based around stopping the opponent’s strategy, and following up by swiftly killing them off.

Team Building
I wanted to pick 2 Pokemon that could together stop almost every strategy as leads, and a short look at the Unova Pokemon list reveals 2 excellent leads: Erufuun and Kojondo.

Now, since I can shut down every strategy except Freefall + Gravity(which is not implemented on PO yet), I decided that my 2 back pokemon had to stop goodstuffs teams handily. For this purpose, they had to be fast. The first Pokemon I picked was Urugamosu, since it went well with Erufuun.

For the last slot, I really didn’t know what to use, so I slotted in a (please don’t laugh!) Chirachino.

After a few matches, I found Chirachino was too weak to suit my necessities, so I went for a replacement: Terakion.

A Closer Look

Erufuun @ Sitrus Berry
Timid
132 HP / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 224 Spe
Mischievous Heart
-Taunt
-Encore
-Worry Seed
-Sunny Day

Kojondo @ Focus Sash
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Inner Focus
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Rock Slide
-Fast Guard

Erufuun and Kojondo together stop almost any strategy. Here’s how:

Sunny Day: Taunt the Sunny day user and Fake Out the other Pokemon. If the other Pokemon is Kojondo, Fake Out Sunny Day user, absorb the Fake Out with Erufuun, followed by Taunting the Sunny Day user and using HJK/Rock Slide. If somehow I do not do this, I simply Worry Seed the Chlorophyll sweeper when it does come out.

Rain Dance: See above.

Hail: “Lol”. Non-existent, but I can use the above strategy anyway.

Sandstorm: This isn’t too important, because after Randorusu gets Sandstorm going, I can either Worry Seed Doryuuzu or use Sunny Day and KO Dory with one of my other 3 Pokemon.

Trick Room: Fake Out Zuruzukin, and use Taunt on the set up Pokemon. If they get Trick Room up, I can Encore it followed by Taunt to stop any further Trick Room usage.

Terakion @ Balloon
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Justice Heart
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide
-Stone Edge
-Protect

Before you go “lol double rock move”, let me explain. Terakion doesn’t really have any other moves to help my team aside from Helping Hand, but with Terakion’s frailty, I’m not sure if it will work. Anyway, the moves themselves are straightforward, and Protect lets me scout and waste turns of any global effects they somehow get up. Rock Slide lets me hit 2 opponents at once, and Close Combat + Stone Edge provides excellent coverage.

Urugamosu @ Charti Berry(not sure, I still keep dying to several Rock attacks, maybe Passho Berry or Coba Berry?)
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Flame Body
-Bug Buzz
-Heat Wave
-Psychic
-Protect

The other half of my goodstuffs beaters. Heat Wave once again lets me hit 2 Pokemon at once, stopping any Anger Powder shenanigans when paired with something fire weak. Psychic lets me hit Roobushin and other Urugamoth, and it does a good job at it too. I’m debating dropping it for Urugamoth, thoughts?

Threat List
Tornelos-Fuck this thing. Hurricane runs through this team, and I can barely do anything to stop it.

Burungeru-Under Rain, Scarf Water Spouts are basically "gg".

Last Look

I'd run max speed on Erufuun, to get at least the tie between yours and your oppnent's. This is espacially important as you don't have an attacking move so you'd have to switch every time, you got taunted.
What does Worry seed do there? Stop Chlorophyll?? I just don't get it :s
Maybe you want to run Protect in that slot.

Kojondo is cool, but Drain Punch >>> HJK, cause it fails everytime you use it against Protect, so you'll see your HP going down which is never good (on top of that it ruins your sash, too). Second point is, that Wide Guard might be better than Fast Guard there. It protects you from Heat Waves / Water Spout / Discharge etc and later, if Kojondo is still alive, from Rock Slides.

If your double-rock-thing works, Terakion is ok :p

And last but not least, I don't think Psychic is worth a slot on Urugamosu. Maybe you want to test Anger Power, Flamethrower or something else there ^^

Good luck with your team!

Destiny Warrior

Most Erufuun run no speed. The reason I run Timid and 224 Speed EVs is outspeed Borutorosu and outTaunt it. Worry Seed helps to beat things like Guts Roobushin.

DP is too weak. HJK is a risk I'm willing to take, and the Protects are easy to predict.

Anger Powder sucks on frail Urugamosu. I've mentioned why I run Psychic, and that I need advice on HP Flying, but I just realised Ulgamoth gets Hurricane, so its the choice I need advice about.

What's the point of fast guard on Kojondo? You mine as well run wide guard as it protects both you and Erufuun at the same time while fast guard just protects against priority, which wide guard does as well.

Your leads don't cover a lead which seems to be aimed at my vgc team: Moruberaru/TR. Moruberaru has Anger Powder which makes Taunt and Fake Out hit it instead. And you never actually explained what Sunny Day on Erufuun does, so you might want to replace it with Trick Room for those annoying situations.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anger Powder and Fake Out have the same priority bracket, meaning that Fake Out can actually interrupt Anger Powder. Also, I assume Sunny Day is because the top 2 threats to this guy's team are rain based sweepers (torneros hurricane and burungeru water spout), and priority Sunny Day shuts them down.

Destiny Warrior

Your leads don't cover a lead which seems to be aimed at my vgc team: Moruberaru/TR. Moruberaru has Anger Powder which makes Taunt and Fake Out hit it instead. And you never actually explained what Sunny Day on Erufuun does, so you might want to replace it with Trick Room for those annoying situations.
This team is actually pretty old, and capitalized on people barely using double Protect turn 1. Now, EruJondo isn't as overly effective, after people started using Shandera on TR.

Anger Powder and Fake Out have the same priority bracket, meaning that Fake Out can actually interrupt Anger Powder. Also, I assume Sunny Day is because the top 2 threats to this guy's team are rain based sweepers (torneros hurricane and burungeru water spout), and priority Sunny Day shuts them down.
This.

Just a thought: I've faced teams like this on PO. I can say that Erufuun is mega annoying when played right. The most annoying one I saw was running a SubSeed set with Charm (which physical attackers hate) and Beat Up (which raises Terrakion's attack by like 4 levels in a single move thanks to Justice Heart). Just something to consider.

And also, if you do run this set, then you shouldn't have much trouble with Water Spout Burungeru. Trust me, I run a TR Burungeru team now, and this set is the only reason I can't beat the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)