The Awesome Offense of Three! (An Awesome OU RMT)

Hi, as you may probably know, I suck at name titles. Just gonna say so now.

Anyways, my team was born when I wanted a team that had an offensive core, like in The Smog 10. My CRE was going down, and I realised I had to have near perfect synergy and great support to back it up. So two pokemon that I thought would work great together were Lucario and Heatran. But then Kingdra also came to mind, and my three attackers were born.

One pokemon that was REALLY fast to come to mind with these pokemon was Rotom. A ground and fighting immunity was much needed. So I had the choice of 5 different forms. Rotom-H was good with overheat, but with Heatran already on the team it didn't seem right. Rotom-W had Hydro Pump, but then I already have Kingdra. Rotom-C seemed good, but all my pokemon took care of rock, ground, and water just fine. Rotom-F is just bad to me, no hail, no use. Then all that was left was Rotom-S, with crappy Air Slash. But with fighting types so evil, it worked perfectly!

I still had a gaping fighting and ground weakness, even with Rotom. Another thing is that this is a Stealth Rock happy team. All my pokemon benefit from it so far, so an obvious choice is Azelf. It can also work as death fodder later and while it's at it, it kills set up sweepers with explosion. Sweet!

Wish sounds awesome, so does rapid spin. Sadly, no pokemon uses both. I wanted something bulky to absorb attacks and counter Starmie, and Bronzong. Umm, do I have to go further? I hate this, but it fits the role perfectly. Blissey.

Now my team is made, I've got an offensive core, SR, a special wall, and the glue to the team.

The Lead

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Naive
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 SP.A/ 252 SPE
Levitate
~Stealth Rock
~Taunt
~Fire Blast
~Explosion

To stop almost every lead and set up is almost too much. I'm not a regular Azelf user, but it works. I can start the battle, taunt, SR, then switch. Why switch? Free death fodder. With all the resistances in my team I almost always come in with a little damage or none at all. Here is how it does against other leads:

: Taunt, hoping for the speed tie win. Unfortunately, every time I taunt, I lose the tie. Even though I run max speed. Then SR if I'm not out taunted, while they fire blast. I switch in on Heatran for the boost, then go to Rotom for the explosion. But when I'm taunted, I usually start spamming fire blast with Heatran.
: I go to Kingdra, because Azelf can't do anything to Aero. Then I waterfall as I get taunted, and I switch to a reasonable counter to whatever is sent out.
: I taunt, then just take whatever is thrown out. I set up with Kingdra since it's taunted and can't shuffle me out.
: I don't really care what it does, as I can set up easy then go to Rotom.
: Taunt, Rotom.
: Fire Blast, blah blah. Rotom, if needed.
: Taunt after the fake out, SR, then I send out Heatran to take the fire blast.
: Taunt, then smile at the rage quit :).
: Taunt, enjoy. SR, fire blast.
: Annoying Sandstorm, but I can just taunt and then explode what they switch in. It almost always works!

Only Azelf, Aero, and Hippowdon are troublesome, but everything else is a cake walk.

The Leader

Lucario @ Leftovers
Adamant <-----------(Should I change to Jolly?)
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Steadfast
~Close Combat
~Ice Punch
~Crunch
~Agility

I loooove Swords Dance Lucario. However, this team needs a speedier attacker. People send in scarfed rocks, steels, and ghosts expecting Swords Danced ES. However, instead they see Agility, and get beat up. Then from there they send in a counter, but I pulled off a kill. Already payed off. Usually I also kill that counter also, but Gyarados is a murderer.

The King

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Jolly
Evs: 252 HP/ 128 ATK/ 128 SPE
Swift Swim
~Dragon Dance
~Substitute
~Outrage
~Waterfall

My usual MVP. I see something that can't hurt him (which is a lot), then sub. I Dragon Dance, and they think they're so smart bringing in a Forretress. They think, "Haha! It won't hurt me much, as I have much defense and a steel typing. And while they switch I can set up toxic spikes! Yes!". It may sound dumb, but it happened twice today by two different people. I just DDance over and over until I'm faster than Ninjask and can OHKO Skarmory with Outrage. Priority dosen't hurt, and I can kill anything. I've swept teams whole with him, and I won't change him (unless if it makes sense to change, but it won't).

The Boss

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 SP.A/ 252 SPE
Flash Fire
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~HP: Grass
~Explosion

Heh, always kills something. No boost needed or anything. And with 130 base special attack, it's almost impossible to wall. If a set-up abuser is scaring me, I just explode in their face for a OHKO. HP: Ice was my original choice, but Dragons have a hard enough time around here, and if Swampert is shuffling, I have a back up. Rotom is a great partner because it sponges it's weaknesses, tricks it specs, then lets Heatran change moves.

The Glue

Rotom-S @ Choice Specs
Timid
Evs: 252 SP.A/ 4 SP.D/ 252 SPE
Levitate
~Thunderbolt
~Shadowball
~Air Slash
~Trick

He's the glue for a reason. He watches people use Earthquake, and he gets nothing. Explosion ain't a problem either. Close Combat? Nope. He causes switches, allowing me to trick specs onto people. Ever heard of Specs. Swampert? I have. And it's also easy to flat out attack with outstanding power and rack up some damage. He stops Metagross and Fighters, and dosen't do anything. Air Slash is handy on Grass types which can be annoying, and Fighting types that skin this team alive. It's really easy to use, I'm suprised it's not the most used rotom.

The Fat Annoying Pink Blob Jerk Face

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SPE
Natural Care
~Wish
~Protect <--------(Change to Ice Beam?)
~Seismic Toss
~Counter

So, I hate Blissey. A lot. The only reason my favorite pokemon, Alakazam, isn't OU. So why not use it? It provides wish, which helps this team a lot. Seismic toss is the only attack that narrows down HP, because many defensive pokemon have crappy HP. Wanna stop Starmie? Poop on it's face by switching this out. Is a physical attacker giving you the blues? Counter it, then again, poop on it's face. Protect I haven't used once, and I'm thinking of trying Ice Beam because I can't hit Ghosts of any kind. But the point is, this fat annoying pink blob jerk face actually comes in handy.

Threats:
Ah, coming soon. Dragon Dancers are annoying, but there isn't much.

Hey. First of all, take off Blissey. You're team is extremely offensive and slapping a Blissey on your team is pointless. Anyone, onto some rates. A well played Dragon Dance Tyranitar or Gyarados destroys your team. Secondly, change your Rotom to a Rotom-W. Fan Rotom is stupid because Air Slash is weak. Use Hydro Pump to hit Heatran and Tyranitar switch-ins very hard, KOing 4/0 Ttar after Rocks. On Luke, keep Adamant. You don't need Jolly. +2 Neutral Luke outspeeds a shitload. So to help out with Gyarados, I suggest using a Scarf Jirachi over your current Blissey, while changing Heatran to a Life Orb set to help you beat Stall. This may seem odd but a set of Fire Blast/Earth Power/Hp Electric/Taunt with a spread of 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Hp and a Timid nature destroys stall once Swampert is gone. Agility Luke doesn't fit with this team in my opinion, but if you like it then I guess you can keep use it. Hope I helped and gl!

You need more than just Rotom for your Fighting and Ground weaknesses, and like Towelie said Blissey is not helping an offensive team like this. Face it, Azelf is going down in the first few turns, and half the time it's because YOU told it to. So you can't count on it for Fight/Ground resist. And even with Rotom it is easily Pursuited by Ttar when 2/3 of its attacks are NVE, unless you Trick the switch, which is risky anyways. You could pick from a lot of Flying type Pokemon like Zapdos or Gyarados that resist Ground+Fight but outside of that you don't have many options.

Also, If Luke had stone edge over ice punch, it'd catch the super effective hit on gyarados. I like the originality in a lot of stuff, such as agility and a different rotom. The blissey is out of place a little with the whole team being offensive, but then again, if it ain't broke, dont fix it.

Hello tawp64, this is a solid team you have here but I'll try to improve it a little.

First off, I know this might sound a little weird, but i suggest a different Azelf moveset:

Azelf @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

I know at a first glance this looks like a unorthodox set, but it is effective. It can explode on almost every lead preventing them from setting up Stealth Rock, or just U-turn and save your explosion for another time. Zen Headbutt OHKOs Machamp who looks like can be a huge problem for your team, and a powerful STAB move. Finally Trick to fuck something up and ruin it for most of the match, and even without Choice Band, Explosion still packs a punch and OHKOs many things that don't resist it. Next I suggest another moveset for you Kingdra since you set looks horrible:

Kingdra (M) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 140 HP/164 Atk/164 Spd/40 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest

Now I don't exactly remember what all the EVs are for, but the speed EVs allow you to out speed ScarfFlygon at +2 speed. The HP EVs still provide you with lots of bulk and can easily get you two Dragon Dances then you can Rest (and wake up thanks to Chesto Berry) and get another Dragon Dance or attack while being almost at full health. Next like other people have mentioned, you should change Rotom-S to the washer form. Now that you use BandZelf, Air Slash is useless, since it looks like the only reason you use it is to OHKO lead Machamp. Now Rotom-W provides you with being able to OHKO ScarfTar and most Heatran, which you can't pass up on. Now in my opinion, you should keep Blissey, many great players like Husk stick a Blissey on their offense teams and they have lots of success with it. As my final change, now that Azelf doesn't have Stealth Rock I suggest putting it on Blissey over Counter. Anyways good luck with your team!

I don't like the idea of switching Blissey for the support it provides to this team, but I'll test out both Jirachi and Zapdos later.

Stone Edge could be good on Lucario, but Ice Punch hits dragons and gliscor easy, which dragons are a threat to this team.

That Azelf is cool, but Explosion is already powerful enough, and it won't OHKO sashed pokemon. Also, how do I set up rocks?
Kingdra I'll probably try, though.

That Azelf is cool, but Explosion is already powerful enough, and it won't OHKO sashed pokemon. Also, how do I set up rocks?
Kingdra I'll probably try, though.
If you think they're Sashed then U-turn and switch to the appropriate counter. If you read the entire rate you would've noticed i said put Stealth Rock on Blissey over Counter, it's not like Counter is even doing anything.

Your Lucario's nature is fine.

However, you want Life Orb, not Leftovers. Lucario is quite frail, meaning the HP recovery from Leftovers is negligible. You're better off dealing more damage and ensuring OHKOs will be OHKOs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)