Anything Goes The Blissey that survived Koraidon (1500 peak)

This is the second edition of a team I posted a while ago (that was ignored), but 1500 is more than I've ever reached, so I'm trying again.

:talonflame:
Phoenix (Talonflame) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
My defogger and taunter. Max speed, almost max hp but with a bit on Atk. Talonflame is somewhat of a risky choice because hazard setters are usually Rock type, and if they choose to attack I'll be stuck with hazards for the rest of the game, but it works well enough. U-turn for momentum, flare blitz for attacking.

:baxcalibur:
Sharpened (Baxcalibur) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Iron Head
Banded Baxcalibur has around 600 Atk, which is a lot, and is kinda bulky too. Jolly Bax doesn't outspeed a lot of things, so I chose Adamant with max hp and Atk. Ice shard checks Cyclizar and Roaring Moon, as well as chipping Koraidon and Miraidon, two of the tier's biggest threats. Earthquake for slow mons like Clod, Skeledirge and Gambit, Glaive Rush being the strongest STAB move Bax has, and Iron head because of Hatt and sylveon (and cause there's nothing else). Tera Ice is a nice way to ensure flutter Mane gets killed, and a chance of killing Miraidon as well.

:jolteon:
Slayer (Jolteon) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tera Blast
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball
Probably the most gimmicky set in the team, but tera Fairy Quick Feet Jolteon can outspeed and defeat Koraidon, Iron bundle, Chien-Pao, Meowscarada, Iron Valiant and a couple of others, making it an excellent revenge killer. Protect to ensure Flame orb activates, volt switch for momentum, Electro Ball because why waste that extra speed? Modest over Timid because Timid doesnt outspeed anything significant, and Modest has more power. Also works as a status absorber.

:skeledirge:
Firevoice (Skeledirge) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Slack Off
Classic Dirge set with roar over Shadow Ball to counter setup sweepers and Baton Pass teams (or, rather specifically, Espathra). Will-o-wisp for physical stuff like Annihilape and Pawmot, Slack off for healing. Max Def. Leftovers for extra recovery.

:blissey:
Eggypink (Blissey) (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Collision Course (133.3251953125 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chople Berry Blissey: 540-636 (82.8 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and then Blissey paralyzes the koraidon and Bax/Jolt comes in for the kill. All right, Bliss dies to Banded and SD, or if even chipped by Stealth rock, but it works. Chople berry is also good for taking a bunch of other stuff like Annihilape, Breloom, Tusk. Other stuff do what the pink blob does, straight out of the sample sets.

:palafin-hero:
Delphi (Palafin) @ Leftovers
Ability: Zero to Hero
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flip Turn
- Jet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
Again, standard Palafin set, but Iron Head over Ice punch because there's already ice coverage with my Bax. (Bax has iron head too, but Palafin isn't weak to fairy) Drain punch for recovery, Flip turn for momentum, Jet punch because that's what palafins do. Max Atk/Spe, Jolly, all standard.

Threats:
:koraidon:
Specifically, Tera Fire Flame charge. Bliss helps with this, but keeping it perfectly healthy isn't always doable. Tera fire resists Jolteon's fairy blast, doesn't allow Dirge to burn it, and Palafin's jet punch is weakened in sun.

:blissey: :toxapex:
Bliss/Pex stall is annoying to deal with, and Ive considered changing iron head for Zen Headbutt on Palafin. Especially with Bax banded and unable to change moves after Earthquaking the pex and the opponent switching to a Flying type. Or something along the lines of that.

Got the feeling this is gonna get ignored again, but thats fine

Hello, I was browsing the RMT thread and stumbled across your team ZynxDaLynx, and as someone who is bored and cares too much about SV AG I thought I would quickly look over your team as the name of the thread instructs. I tried to keep the original vibe of the team as much as possible while making it better competitively.

:talonflame:
Phoenix (Talonflame) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
My defogger and taunter. Max speed, almost max hp but with a bit on Atk. Talonflame is somewhat of a risky choice because hazard setters are usually Rock type, and if they choose to attack I'll be stuck with hazards for the rest of the game, but it works well enough. U-turn for momentum, flare blitz for attacking.
Unfortunately Talonflame possesses no niche in AG. It is both too frail to effectively wall almost any relevant offensive Pokemon, and is not strong enough to exert any offensive pressure either. The viable options for entry hazard removal are Defog Corviknight, Rapid Spin Great Tusk, and Rapid Spin Iron Treads. I recommend using the former here. For future reference, resources such as the tier's Viability Rankings can help you to see which Pokemon are worth using.

:baxcalibur:
Sharpened (Baxcalibur) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Iron Head
Banded Baxcalibur has around 600 Atk, which is a lot, and is kinda bulky too. Jolly Bax doesn't outspeed a lot of things, so I chose Adamant with max hp and Atk. Ice shard checks Cyclizar and Roaring Moon, as well as chipping Koraidon and Miraidon, two of the tier's biggest threats. Earthquake for slow mons like Clod, Skeledirge and Gambit, Glaive Rush being the strongest STAB move Bax has, and Iron head because of Hatt and sylveon (and cause there's nothing else). Tera Ice is a nice way to ensure flutter Mane gets killed, and a chance of killing Miraidon as well.
Choice Band Baxcalibur is outclassed as a wallbreaker by stronger Choice Band users such as Chien-Pao and Koraidon. Its niche in AG comes from its Dragon Dance sets occasionally used on hyper offense teams. I think that the cat is a better pick for this team.

:jolteon:
Slayer (Jolteon) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tera Blast
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball
Probably the most gimmicky set in the team, but tera Fairy Quick Feet Jolteon can outspeed and defeat Koraidon, Iron bundle, Chien-Pao, Meowscarada, Iron Valiant and a couple of others, making it an excellent revenge killer. Protect to ensure Flame orb activates, volt switch for momentum, Electro Ball because why waste that extra speed? Modest over Timid because Timid doesnt outspeed anything significant, and Modest has more power. Also works as a status absorber.
Much like Talonflame, Jolteon is also completely unviable in AG. It is weak, frail, and faces fierce competition as an Electric-type from the best Pokemon in the tier, Miraidon. Choice Scarf Miraidon is your best bet for an Electric-type special attacker that acts as speed control.

:skeledirge:
Firevoice (Skeledirge) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Slack Off
Classic Dirge set with roar over Shadow Ball to counter setup sweepers and Baton Pass teams (or, rather specifically, Espathra). Will-o-wisp for physical stuff like Annihilape and Pawmot, Slack off for healing. Max Def. Leftovers for extra recovery.
Defensive Skeledirge is a solid pick in AG. It is able to check most notably Koraidon while being immune to trapping from Gothitelle and Dugtrio. However, I would recommend giving it the item Heavy-Duty Boots over Leftovers so that it does not take significant damage on switching in if entry hazards are up. Earth Power is also preferred over Roar to punish Miraidon or Chi-Yu hoping to freely switch in, while also allowing Skeledirge to beat Koraidon if it Terastallizes into a Fire-type. Roar is not too valuable due to Skeledirge's Unaware ability and the fact that Baton Pass teams are bad.

:blissey:
Eggypink (Blissey) (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Collision Course (133.3251953125 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chople Berry Blissey: 540-636 (82.8 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and then Blissey paralyzes the koraidon and Bax/Jolt comes in for the kill. All right, Bliss dies to Banded and SD, or if even chipped by Stealth rock, but it works. Chople berry is also good for taking a bunch of other stuff like Annihilape, Breloom, Tusk. Other stuff do what the pink blob does, straight out of the sample sets.
Blissey is a blanket check to special attackers such as Miraidon, Iron Bundle and Walking Wake. It is a far better option for Blissey to rely on its teammates, such as Skeledirge, to check Koraidon for it, rather than praying it maybe survives an attack to throw off a Thunder Wave. It prefers running Heavy-Duty Boots so that it does not get worn down into range of powerful attacks via Spikes. In AG it also prefers a Calm nature to help better take on the aforementioned special attacking threats.

:palafin-hero:
Delphi (Palafin) @ Leftovers
Ability: Zero to Hero
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flip Turn
- Jet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
Again, standard Palafin set, but Iron Head over Ice punch because there's already ice coverage with my Bax. (Bax has iron head too, but Palafin isn't weak to fairy) Drain punch for recovery, Flip turn for momentum, Jet punch because that's what palafins do. Max Atk/Spe, Jolly, all standard.
For what it is worth, this is not the standard Palafin set. Palafin runs either a Choice Band four attacks set (which does prefer Zen Headbutt to Iron Head, and usually opts for Wave Crash over Drain Punch) on rain teams, or a Leftovers + Taunt + Bulk Up set. I believe that better suited Water-type attacker here would be Iron Bundle.

----------

Implementing my recommended changes results in a team that looks like this: https://pokepast.es/70b37843400f7644
The premise is that U-turn Miraidon and Iron Bundle generate momentum and allow you to safely get in Choice Band Chien-Pao to punch a hole in the opposing team. Choice Scarf Miraidon and Iron Bundle act as speed control, allowing you to revenge kill Pokemon your defensive trio is not quite comfortable in taking on and acting as valuable tools versus more offensive teams. Iron Bundle is also a good wallbreaker thanks to its unresisted STAB coverage and Encore. Corviknight can check Pokemon such as Chien-Pao, Great Tusk and Flutter Mane while providing Defog support for the team. Skeledirge is able to take on mainly Koraidon, as well as a multitude of other random physical attackers if it Terestallizes. As mentioned earlier, Blissey can deal with special attackers such as Miraidon, Iron Bundle and Walking Wake. Opposing Chien-Pao may be difficult for the defensive core to handle unless Corviknight is kept very healthy, or Skeledirge Terestallizes, but it should be manageable as all three of Chien-Pao, Iron Bundle and Miraidon threaten to revenge kill it (although the latter must be wary of a boosted Ice Shard). Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the rate. The Corv, Mirai, Chien-Pao and Bundle are all good additions, but no Roar on Skele is kind of annoying. It's a bit like Haze on Clod, and if a baton pass is pulled off usually I need to sack something to kill the recipient. If the opponent gets off a large amount of stat boosts, I basically need to rely on Skele not to lose completely.
So I'm keeping the Roar, as well as changing tera on Chien to Ice because non-Jolly means I need that priority. Also cause Tera Ice Ice shard is amazing for base 40 power, and Ice is more useful in AG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)