ORAS UU The Calm Killer and her lackies (FIRST RMT)

(FIRST RMT, BE NICE PLEASE)
Hello, I am an avid competitive Pokemon battler and I've only been in the competitive scene since the late days of BW2, but I know a fair amount of the metagame. Only problem I have is teambuilding..I am mainly a wifi battler, so teambuilding isn't my strong suit. Not just because I'm not so great at it but the fact that I am somewhat limited to what is available for me. Certain Pokemon I haven't or can't obtain for reasons, or that breeding competitive Pokemon can be a chore, and sometimes I just don't have the time. However, I do have about 1 and a half boxes worth of UU and some lower tier Pokemon so I don't have it that bad. I don't play showdown much, but since I was required to test this team out a bit first I played 10 games, 6 of which I won from 1200 ladder. I wasn't sure if it was because I had a good team, or that I faced against in-experienced players..but overall it seemed to work okay.

And without further ado, here is my team that I have based around Suicune.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Ah yes, the good ol' Crocune set....basically the star of my team. I chose this pokemon simply because it is my favourite pokemon, that and I go bananas for bulky set up sweepers. Crocune is mainly my late cleaner once my foe's pokemon have been weakened and threats have been eliminated, all the while being a great switch in to sponge hits for my team from strong physical attacking threats like Darmanitan, Ryhperior, and Mega Absol with relative ease thanks to it's fantastic bulk in combination with it's good typing. Calm mind to boost it's great special defense and mediocre special attack to eventually pull off a sweep. Rest is for healing off the all the punishment Suicune receives and curing status so it can continue to sweep in peace. Sleep talk is so you can use your other moves while asleep, which means you can keep boosting if you happen to get some Calm Minds. Scald for solid STAB, and has a good chance to burn which can be helpful against physical attackers that try to muscle through it's un-boosted defense while whittling the opponent down.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 SpD / 4 SpDef
-Spikes
-Sleep Powder
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb

The reason I have Roserade on my team is to deal with the water and grass types that get in the way of Suicune's sweep, due to it's dual Grass/Poison typing...Also another one of my favourites. She's pretty strong and bulky, works as status absorber being immune toxic and healing other status off once she switches out, thanks to Natural Cure. She's also the hazard setter of my team with Spikes and she can do it well if she manages to put her opponent asleep with Sleep Powder, buying more turns for her to set up more layers. Leaf Storm is for powerful STAB, the Special Attack drop isn't that detrimental since Roserade will probably be switching out alot to cure status. Sludge Bomb for another strong STAB to deal supper effective hits to pesky Florges and opposing Grass types. Also has a 30 % chance to inflict a poison. This is a pokemon I feel that is important to my team, because it has good synergy with Suicune and is my go-to hazard setter-upper which further helps aid to Suicune's sweep. A replacement is not an option and I honestly don't see a better replacement, to me at least.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 SpAtk
-Close Combat
-Overheat
-U-turn
-Taunt

Infernape is on my team to complete the fire-water-grass core dealing with the grass types that Suicune hates, and the Steel types that wall Roserade to death. Close Combat STAB to deal huge amounts of damage on the physical side, Overheat STAB to hit hard on the other side of the spectrum. U-turn for momentum and Taunt to shut down attempts to set up hazards or any shenanigans the opponent tries to do.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 SpeDef
-Knock Off
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

2 of my pokemon are weak to psychic types, Chandelure posed a huge problem to Infernape and Roserade and I needed a physical wallbreaker, so I chose my buddy Krookodile to take up this role. It's also got the ability Moxie I found to be pretty useful at time, sometimes he was able to get a moxie boost and take out a few pokemon, the sweep cut short due to Krookodile not exactly having stellar speed, but still left much room for Suicune or any other team-mates to clean up the rest. Knock Off for Primary STAB and to cripple walls that try to switch in. Pursuit to trap Psychic and Ghost types that try to switch out and the infamous EdgeQuake combo for excellent coverage.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 SpD / 4 Def
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

I slapped P-Z on my team because I need another Wallbreaker, but to destroy the physcial walls where Krookodile could not. This pokemon has some serious firepower; base 135 SpAtk MODEST Choice Specs Adaptability STAB Tri Attack...That's gonna hurt. Now imagine this thing's Hyper Beam! -drool-
I'd love to throw out some calcs but that's slightly irrelevant to this brief explanation but I encourage you to go look for yourselves what impressive feats this pokemon is capable of.
-Ahem- Anyways, Tri Attack also has a 20 % chance to inflict either Freeze, Burn, Or Paralysis which is pretty nifty. Dark Pulse is to hit Ghost types supper effectively If you predict their switch in right, and the rare BoltBeam combo for some damn good coverage since the other options don't really hit much for super effective damage.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpeDef / 4 Def
-Wish
-Protect
-Moonblast
-Aromatherapy

Honestly, I kinda derped on what I chose for the 6th slot. My team was also weak to fighting, and I needed something to take hits on the special side better than Suicune can so I slapped Florges on my team. Turns out it wasn't a totally bad decision and she actually did something for my team. Infernape would get worn down quickly with Life orb recoil, Roserade would be whittled down over time from status absorbing, and the rest of my team lacked recovery except Suicune, and not the most reliable of recovery either o the wish support wasn't bad. Aromatherapy was especially useful since I could heal off Suicune's sleep, allowing her to come in safely and fire off Scalds or start boosting right off the bat. Moonblast for decent STAB plus not taunt bait and Protect for obvious reasons.
This pokemon is the one I feel can be replaced for something better, just not sure what to substitute it for. Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated.​

And there we have it! if you have suggestions for teammate or moveset replacements, or any tips in general then by all means, your criticism is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Hey man, cool team. Gonna jump right into the rate:

So first thing that I noticed when I looked at your team is that it is really weak to fast threats such as Crobat, M Aero, M Lopunny, and Mega Zam. So I strongly recommend changing either Krook or PZ to a scarf set so that you at least have something to check these faster threats. Something else to consider on PZ as well is running trick over ice beam/tbolt to cripple walls and set up sweepers that can threaten your team. If you choose Krook to be your scarfer I think that Infernape would be better as an anti lead with Rocks. Pretty much all good teams have Stealth Rock to punish switching and pressure them into spinning/defogging. However, if you want to make PZ your scarfer, I would try Black Glasses Krook with Rocks and intimidate. Black Glasses Krook is probably one of my favorite mons right now since it's a really good bait when your opponents think you're choice locked into a move and try to set up like a Lucario on Pursuit and then you just bop it with EQ. Obviously you do miss out on either coverage or pursuit, but I think that's a relatively small price to pay to have rocks on your team. Intimidate is pretty much the universal ability on non-scarf Krook since you most likely won't be sweeping teams with base 92 speed and crippling physical attackers is always nice to do.

Next suggestion I have for you is to change your Florges spread to 252 HP/ 232 Def / 24 Spdef+. Florges' typing is really good for taking physical hits like fighting and dark attacks so with this spread, it gives you some nice all around bulk being able to take both physical and special hits.
Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit/Stone Edge/Aqua Tail

OR

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat/Endeavor/Grass Knot

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

That's my rate :] hope I could help!

Hey what's up dude, I agree with both of Toenail's suggestions. Trick is a great move to have on choiced 'mons and definitely should be taken advantage of whenever it's available. Florges's EV spread should be changed to what he suggested as well.

One thing I notice that your team lacks is a user of Stealth Rock. While Spikes do somewhat take the place of them, there are several Pokemon that are immune to Spikes that are instead crippled hard by Stealth Rock. The most glaring example I can see is Crobat, who threatens most of your team. He easily Defogs against Spikes with no punishment as he's immune to them. So I suggest running Stealth Rock on Infernape. You can replace U-turn or Taunt with it, whichever one you're more comfortable with doing. (I'd suggest replacing U-turn since Life Orb U-turn is not that great an option)

Another quick thing is that if you're using offensive Roserade, the set that I find to be a lot more effective is Sleep Powder/Spikes/Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb with a Life Orb. Powering up Sludge Bomb can definitely come in handy (for example, against Entei, whom you can outspeed and kill after a little bit of prior damage), but Giga Drain is also generally a good reliable STAB that can also keep your health up. If you're facing a Suicune, say, who's managed to rack up a CM or two, then consistent Life Orb Giga Drains will be much more helpful than consecutive Leaf Storms.

The last thing I can think to mention is to change Krookodile's ability to Intimidate. You said it yourself, CB Krookodile doesn't really have the speed required in order to pull off a Moxie sweep. After you get a kill with it, your opponent will likely bring in something that outspeeds you anyway so Moxie will be useless. Intimidate is a lot better for being able to check other Pokemon such as Lucario, Darmanitan, Mega Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Entei. In particular, Darm and Crobat will be hesitant to stay in on you, so it can be pretty easy to hit them with a strong Pursuit as they switch out (again, Crobat is really annoying for your team so this can be extremely helpful).

Yup that's about all I've got for this team. Hope I helped, and good luck using this team in the future!

Well, give this team priority. Iron Fist: Mach Punch/Fire Punch Infernape. I see more need for stealth rocks/sticky web than spikes, so if you need to you could always get rid of Roseraid for:
Shuckle@White Herb/Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Don't have them memorized but, +Def/SpD and -Atk
EVs: 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Def
-Sticky Web
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Infestation

Seconding the Black Glasses Krock & Trick on Porygon-Z!

Last edited:
Thank you both for the awesome rates! I cant believe i didnt realize my team is really weak to Crobat. I liked the suggestions of different movesets so I will be changing Krook to a scarfer, Nape now with rocks over u turn and sashed. P-Z with Trick over T-bolt and EVs changed on Florges to take physical hits better and Psychic over Moonblast to punish Crobat on the switch in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)