The Effect of BW2 on Neverused

Wild Charge KlingKlang is definitely gonna be awesome.

Also we gonna have to say goodbye to our Amoonguss

:|

A personal favourite out of the new group is Carracosta.

So I built my first team for the new meta, and one of the first things Molk asked me is "Why aren't you using Carracosta?" I wasn't really sure, since I've always been a Golem fan. But now that Carracosta has access to Stealth Rock it can give the Rock Monster some competition for the role of best offensive Stealth Rocker.

So far I've been running this set

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

It mimics the traditional role of Golem, but possesses STAB priority(of a much better type in my opinion) and a very powerful Waterfall. Currently I'm undecided between Sturdy and Solid Rock. Sturdy would be better for lead sets, and as Costa is generally the first Pokemon I send out in a match I believe guaranteed survival defeats bulk later. Solid Rock has its perks, like taking Thunderbolt from Magmortar like a champ! In reality Carracosta is just as much of a tank as it was before, except now it has the added benefit of supporting the team. I just took the tank set and added Stealth Rock over Earthquake.

So comparisons from Golem aside, a Pokemon that it will have to compete with for a teamslot is Relicanth. Relicanth is faster, bulkier and has Head Smash! But Carracosta is more powerful and has Aqua Jet(and can run sturdy). So because of this I feel that Carracosta is a solid choice for a Stealth Rock lead on offensive teams I reccomend you try him out on Pokemon Showdown!

Also CInccino and Amoonguss are amazing, but thats of no surprise to anyone.

@alphonse Klinklang is not NU and I've yet to hear about it getting Wild Charge? Mind sharing the source, I'd love to see the TM list and who gets what.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
It's not STAB.

A lot of new mons get Knock Off: may mean the downfall of Eviolite-based stallers! (but it'll be still very situational)

Other than stuff like Roost Braviary, Cinccino, Amoonguss, and Heal Bell Musharna, I see stuff that now allows DW abilities with key moves (like Drain Punch Cacturne with Water Absorb, or Cloud Nine Altaria with access to all its old utility)

bs no low kick dodrio =(

Drain Punch is now legal on Scrappy Kangaskhan, giving Kanga reliable recovery that's part of it's 2-attack unresisted coverage. While probobly not that useful on Subpunch, maybe a Bulky Work up set would be viable to slowly boost Kanga's offensive stats, while abuseing her bulk?

Solar Power Charizard can now use Roost... watch out!

Solrock and Lunatone got Pain Split. Might see some use in that, like Cosmic Power sets, or Calm Mind Pain Split Lunatone, or use as Duel-Screeners.

Crawdaunt and Kingler with Superpower might be worth a mention.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What's this? Articuno gets Hurricane through level-up now? BALLIN'

Yet another reason for me to put off finishing the analysis. It'd probably be good on the offensive SubRoost since it can afford an occasional miss.

SubSplitSawk could also potentially be interesting for denting Musharna, although it wishes it was faster.

Speaking of which... Worry Seed Musharna makes me lol.

On the topic of Eelektross, screw Thunderpunch (weak 75 BP move). What we should be looking at is the fact that the perfect specs set - Tbolt/Flamethrower/Giga Drain/Hidden Power is now possible. In general, Giga Drain is a nice little move on eel, especially considering it easily OHKOes golem after damage.

Fraxure might be banworthy. It has an unresisted STAB combo, extremely high attack, fantastic neutral coverage in its STAB to begin with... what's not to like? If that's not your style, it gets sleep talk, meaning that Rest/Sleep Talk/DD/Outrage is good to go. It's not as bulky as either Dragonair or Shelgon, but to say that it's not strong is far from the truth.

In general, Sleep Talk is on every mon now. Anybody see any good uses for it?
Altaria has better bulk, speed and unresisted coverage, as well as recovery.

Sure, Fracture hits harder... but that's it. I don't think it'll be broken at all. Unless it's running Evolite it's frail, and if it is it's slow.

I missed this in my last post, so, yeah.

Also, we shouldn't just look at NU pokemon, but also some lesser used RU pokemon maybe which might fall.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Btw guys Solrock just became possibly the best Braviary check in the tier. He gets reliable recovery now (Morning Sun from DW) which may make him viable in NU, no?

Offensive Articuno just got so much better. It was always an underrated threat in my eyes; now I think it will be much more prominent. Hurricane is much stronger than Hidden Power Flying and you also have the option of running Hidden Power Ground now, although Substitute is an amazing move on offensive Articuno so I don't know if I'd use HP Ground over that.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
Definitely use Solid Rock. It's useful for the random HP Ground's, checking Braviary even better, tanking Earthquake's from the likes of Golem and Regirock, and is generally the more useful ability. Carracosta has so many weaknesses which Solid Rock compensates for and gives Carracosta something else over Relicanth and Golem.

Btw guys Solrock just became possibly the best Braviary check in the tier. He gets reliable recovery now (Morning Sun from DW) which may make him viable in NU, no?
Awesome. Solrock is the only Rock-type in the tier with recovery, Levitate, and Will-o-Wisp. Unfortunately Solrock's stats are awful, but now I feel as if it will actually be viable. One of Solrock's major problems before other than its awful stats was lack of recovery. Now that's fixed.

I'm not sure about Articuno though. A ton more pokemon (that are viable) have gained SR, so theres really no reason not to have it on your team to get rid of sashes and hurt flying types. With Articuno a spinner is very important and theres not too many good ones. Obviously you can roost to heal off the damage but thats a pain in the ass.

I'm not sure about Articuno though. A ton more pokemon (that are viable) have gained SR, so theres really no reason not to have it on your team to get rid of sashes and hurt flying types. With Articuno a spinner is very important and theres not too many good ones. Obviously you can roost to heal off the damage but thats a pain in the ass.
The only new Pokemon that's actually going to use SR is Carracosta and sometimes Stunfisk, so Stealth Rock won't be that much more prominent. The rest are either not too frail to use SR, have moveslot issues, or some other issue. A ton of Pokemon get SR but most don't actually use it. SR is on pretty much every team even before a bunch of gen 5 Pokemon got SR anyways.

Superpower is now legal on Guts Flareon(Although I don't know why you would use anything else other than the Wish Set with Flash Fire) but then again, someone might think different.

The biggest thing here for me is Carracosta getting Stealth Rock. It's tank set just got better. I can't wait for PO to get updated so I can implement these new changes.

breh

強いだね
U-turn does 56.4% - 66.9%.

It's... not the best counter. That title goes to max/max + Restalk Regirock, if anything. (another fun one to troll is Iron Defense Probopass. I used it a while back; it was really fun when every superpower does like 65% at +2)

Gallade is RU....

That said Skill Link Cinccino is gonna be one of my favorites because he can now finally 2HKO Tangela all the time after Stealth Rock =D. That's with LO too, meaning that LO Cinccino just became a whole lot better.

On that note, SubSplit Sawk seems very cool, though I was surprised it got that.... how does it even learn that lol. Also it could *possibly* keep Misdreavus at bay with Payback as a coverage move, since you can just use sub + pain split to get past will o wisp and shadow ball..... now i want to try it :o

edit: doesn't serperior get dragon pulse as a move tutor...?

Assuming that Unova mons will start to get their dream world abilities, two things that seem really awesome are cincinno and swoobat. Cincinno get skill link for a set of bullet seed, tail slap, rock blast and u-turn with life orb. Substitute users beware.
Swoobat might seem like crap, but he gets simple calm mind with an epic base 114 speed stat, so after 1 turn hes faster than 95% of the tier, has double special attack and special defense, and a powerfull stored power.

Wow serpierer got shafted, no dragon pulse/earth power, all he got was knock off/synthesis... sigh

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Drain Punch is now legal on Scrappy Kangaskhan, giving Kanga reliable recovery that's part of it's 2-attack unresisted coverage. While probobly not that useful on Subpunch, maybe a Bulky Work up set would be viable to slowly boost Kanga's offensive stats, while abuseing her bulk?

Solar Power Charizard can now use Roost... watch out!

Solrock and Lunatone got Pain Split. Might see some use in that, like Cosmic Power sets, or Calm Mind Pain Split Lunatone, or use as Duel-Screeners.

Crawdaunt and Kingler with Superpower might be worth a mention.
Well Kanga has been able to use Drain Punch on Scrappy sets already....

Also Regenerator Amoonguss is the greatest thing ever. Like honestly its such a useful mon right now. Considering it walls Cinccino(Synthesis what up) and will be able to beat Serperior when that comes out, Amoonguss will get extremely popular. Start packing those Emboars ladies.

Ok guys the quality of posts in this thread has been pretty low lately. Please don't just post one-liners, add some substance to your post. Discuss why you like certain Pokemon, and what makes them good. many of the posts in this thread aren't facilitating discussion at all, so please add more reasoning to your posts. Thank you.

Though not as big as Roost Braviary, Luxray can now use Superpower alongside Guts. Now, Luxray can bypass Regirock, Golem, Bastiodon and Probopass without using weird things like Hidden Power []. This is the set I would probably use.

Luxray (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

So Musharna is yet another pink blob cleric. An offensive set with Psychic/Stored Power, Moonlight, Heal Bell, Calm Mind sounds workable. Just get Dark types and phazers out of the way before trying to set up.

Like an earlier poster, I'm also liking Eelektross' new moves. The recovery from Drain Punch/Giga Drain will be useful on Physical/Special Coil sets. It also has Thunderpunch for when Wild Charge's recoil is objectionable (and Fire Punch). Like everything else, it can Sleep Talk but ResTalk will probably take a back seat to sets running DP.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Am I the ony one who like's the new Liepard ? With encore prankster he can come in on all sorts of moves like sub, recover, swords dance and more, encore them (even you SD aqua jet samurott!), set up a free nasty plot and attempt a sweep with stab dark pulse and HP fighting. Something the current pranksters really can't do. Priority encore alone is already awesome to counter sub boosters but now setting up on them is a true prank (and phazers will take a big hit unlike with baton pass volbeat)!

Plus if serperior and cinccino move up, 106 will become an even better speed stat and still outspeeds 105 with hp fighting.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
We're probably going to lose Amoonguss soon with the advent of regenerator. Sucks for Amoonguss users, but I can't say i'm sad to see him go. Bastard walled my teams so hard with that 100% sleep. Meanwhile, MWAHAHAHA Skill Link cinncinnio can 2hko tengela after rocks with life orb! Expect to see a lot of him now that he is no longer luck based. 125 base power moves that break subs with that thing's attack and speed? YUS PLZ

FLAREON STILL DOESN'T GET FLARE BLITZ?!

urgh. Still, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Superpower and Elemental punches returning is nice.

Just a note: Serperior does get Dragon Pulse. When it gets Contrarian, it certainly won't be NU.

Anyway, I'm really posting about a Pokemon that's REALLY NU, Swoobat. It picked up a couple neat offensive moves: Giga Drain and Heat Wave. Those, along with Stored Power/Psychic/Psyshock and Air Slash will give it a usable movepool for its Calm Mind set once Simple is released. Giga Drain simultaneously provides healing and a way to get around Unaware Quagsire (assuming it remains NU).

In line with the swoobat discussion:

The more I think about it and see what moves its getting, the more its looking really, REALLY good. Skuntank is going to remain a safe bet against it, which is nice because its such a useful pokemon already. It just looks so good on paper especially now that it has a solid answer for quagsire and his ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)