ORAS OU The Forgotten Fat Lord: Mega Latias (Semistall Peaked 1700+)

upload_2015-10-25_19-22-23.png
Thanks gig25 for the banner :) He was also the one who suggested building around mega Latias. There is the team preview before we get started!

Hey guys, Darkreaper215 here with my newest team in Oras OU. I decided to sit down and ladder before this supposed "Ladder Reset" that hasn't happened yet ._. Anyways, I wanted to build around a mega that I haven't used in a long time that I wanted to see get usage, Mega Latias. So here I present my Mega Latias Semistall Team that peaked over 1700 on the ladder before I tilted. I would ladder again but I'm playing people 1000 on the ladder which gives me +1 elo for winning lol.

Proof of peak

I actually made it to 1725 on the ladder which was 103 at the time but I forgot to take a picture because I'm stupid. My Gxe is also really bad as I didn't feel like laddering on an alt and this is the account I test stuff on. Anyways, on to the team building process, which was quite short as I didn't really make any changes to the team.

Team Building Process, feel free to take a look
Mega Latias + Talonflame + Clefable. This was my Core that I started with as I wanted to build a balance team around Mega Latias. Clefable sets up on many of mega latias's checks. Talonflame beats stall which annoys the duo. And Mega Latias checks gliscor, manaphy and a lot of other mons with a support bolt beam set Nedor suggested.
Added Chesnaught. This was my check to darktypes clefable doesn't setup on like Mega Gyarados, Bisharp and offensive t-tar. Also provided me with a stupidly bulky physical wall and a part of my hazard trio.
Added Hippowdon. I wanted a bird spam check, electric check and something to sets rocks. What better than Hippowdon lol?
Added tentacruel. I got beat by BD azu to an extent so here is my check, another mon of hazard stacking trio and removal.
Changed Clefable to Calm Mind unaware and Mega Latias Roar>T wave
Clefable Changed to Wish-Protect Calm Mind

If you want to see my core on the good cores section here it is :] http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores.3549713/page-4 ~~Shameless advertisement~~

Let's get on to the sets shall we?

Latinas (Latias) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave Roar
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
Suggested by Nedor later into my build for this particular set. This checks a lot of mons that at first glance beat my team, Manaphy, gliscor, etc. This set is flat out support while providing a bulky/offensive threat. ThunderWave to para shit that's annoying. Bolt Beam Coverage is amazing in this meta hitting almost everything hard. Recover to get that recovery bruh. Latias is best used as a mon to tank hits from not super effective attackers, but some super effective also. (This beats life orb starmie with ice beam1v1). Outspeeds positive natured garchomp and other base 100's with this ev spread with the rest of the ev's maximizing bulk. Changed thunder wave to roar as t-wave had no real reason to make an appearance on the set while roar shuffles the other team to get much residual damage with hazards. Overall, this is an underated mega that I am proud to be using :p

Deez Naughtz (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
Ayy don't judge the nicknames. Anyway as I mentioned this checks a lot of dark types that clefable can't including Mega Gyarados, Bisharp, and tyranitar. Without immediate recovery I opted for lefties to get passive recovery. This set is all about draining the opponents health while maintaining your own. The EV spread maxes out defense. Leech Seed is to get more recovery. Drain Punch to reliably check dark types, Spikes to hazard stack as part of my hazard stacking tri. Spiky Shield to basically be as big of a dick as you can punishing Physical attackers while getting extra leech seed. This mon is best used to check dark types while hazard stacking. Always be wary of mega gyarados without letting chesnaught go down.

Moto Moto (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
I know this is Mega Mogwai's nickname, but come on, it's the best. Anyway this is the standard mixed wall set which avoids the 2hko from thundurus and mega manectric reliably countering them. This mon was picked as I needed a bird spam check and a secondary electric check after mega latias. Stealth rock is required on every team in my honest opionion while this completes the hazard stacking trio. Earthquake as powerful STAB, Slack off to get that recovery, which is one of the main advantages of hippo. Stone edge reliably beats bird spam. When using Hippo always be careful if the opponent has mega pinsir, or talonflame as you need to keep hippo healthy.

Smogon Bitch (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
Smogon Bird pshh more like Smogon Bitch imo. Anyways, this is stall breaker talonflame which is here just to prove two things, 1.) I don't get bodied by stall and 2.) This is semi stall with offensive prescence, Taunt and Bulk up maximize it's stall breaking potential with it's evs maximizing special Bulk. Brave Bird is obvious but every team enjoys priority so this acts as a semi revenge killer. Roost is extremely nice giving priority recovery. Talonflame is a wincon against all play styles, basically 6-0ing stall. If it gets a couple bulk ups, offense is done too. It's not the best against offense and balance tbh but still provides a nice win con.

Hentai (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
This nickname makes me crack up everyday. Anyways, this thing is here to finish my hazard stacking trio and switch into azu which pretty much reks me. Scald is for burns being one of the most broken mechanics in the game. Rapid spin is to get rid of hazards only on my side of the field. Acid Spray STAB and provides a nice poison move to check azu and whatnot. Toxic spikes is to get more hazards for a potential setup sweep. The EV spread makes sure that Tentacruel avoids the 2HKO from Life Orb Gengar's Shadow Ball and Modest Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast or Solar Beam after Stealth Rock 100% of the time, while having decent physical bulk. Outspeed Neutral natured base 70's with this spread. When using Tenta, make sure to preserve it as Talonflame absolutely despises rocks. There is not question about that.

Whyisthissogood? (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight Wish
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell Protect
This thing..... I don't understand why but it's so good. I personally find it to have a stupid design but it works very well so i reluctantly put it on the team. I was suggested a Calm Mind unaware set over magic guard to check manaphy and Nasty Plot thundurus alongside quite a few set up sweepers like belly drum azu. I originally tried out the cleric set but decided to go with unaware calm mind to have a solid win con. EV's maximize physical bulk. Moonblast is obvious STAB abusing the godly typing. Wish/Protect was used over moonlight as many people suggested that Wish Support is more useful over all to my team with Chesnaught and Tentacruel not getting reliable recovery. Calm Mind is to provide a solid win con. When using clefable, always keep it healthy if the opponent has a setup sweeper that is threatening especially manaphy.

Replays were down for a bit so I only have a couple but I will get more in soon

Threatlist (I'm sure I'm missing a lot, so just tell me down below)
Iron Head Kyurem Black- Iron head is trash but it wins
Nasty Plot Thundurus- OML threat level over 9000 Unaware Clefable tho
Manaphy-+3 Ice Beam blows even mega latias back Again, Unaware Clefable thoo
Zard X- When is this not a threat? Hippo weakened and bad things happen to the team :O

Shoutouts
Avarice87 Supported me and encouraged me to ladder
FrozenCold My son, I love you
BlazeLatias Helpful in different stages of building
Nedor Gave me mega latias set
Wheezer Helped me with final stages of team
gig25 Made banner
Sonired My fren
Team Pokepals Helpful in team building and naming
Mischa This person also encouraged me
Rampage095 You Bottom 5 ou player
imsosorrylol My official bruh

The Team
http://pastebin.com/sKUcfqAk Please keep the nicknames unless you are offended or are like 11 years old lol

Thank you for checking out this RMT! I really appreciate any feedback that you can offer.

Attachments

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not much to say to this team, it is pretty cool and pretty much in a "perfect state" meaning trying to change a member can make you vulnerable to more stuff. Neat work on this.

Gotta second that Unaware clef over magic guard is a great suggestion since it provides an all-catch answer against many setup sweepers, particularly manaphy which is always threatening but with this you can have something avoid the sweep. Moonblast / Protect / Wish / Heal Bell alongside the spread you have right now will do the trick. A cleric is pretty important in this type of archetype to not get stomped by status moves.

Now, i feel Roar > Thunder Wave on Mega Latias becomes a decent option thanks to all the hazards you have and with this you proceed to accumulate residual damage on opposing teams.

Solid stuff.

Hello nice team.

For ur threat list u said nasty plot thundy and manaphy where big threats because they can set up. Which is why i would recommend Unaware clef over magic guard clefable. Unaware lets u ignore the stat boost and this mon can also set up like ur calm mind clef. Heres the spread.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish / Calm Mind
- Protect / moonlight

Leftovers let u heal hp every turn. Unaware lets u not care about status boost from ur opponent. Maximum Defense investment allows Clefable to check a variety of physical attackers such as Mega Pinsir, Landorus-T, and Breloom. It can also help you vs things like Psyshock lati@s. Moonblast is just the strongest stab move. Heal bell is there to heal status off ur team and off urself. Wish + Protect so you can heal ur teammates and yourself but you can run calm mind + moonlight so u can set up and beat other calm minders or just win the game

Yeah thats basically it nice team bud ^_^
thanks man. I changed clefable to calm mind unaware to have another win con.

Not much to say to this team, it is pretty cool and pretty much in a "perfect state" meaning trying to change a member can make you vulnerable to more stuff. Neat work on this.

Gotta second that Unaware clef over magic guard is a great suggestion since it provides an all-catch answer against many setup sweepers, particularly manaphy which is always threatening but with this you can have something avoid the sweep. Moonblast / Protect / Wish / Heal Bell alongside the spread you have right now will do the trick. A cleric is pretty important in this type of archetype to not get stomped by status moves.

Now, i feel Roar > Thunder Wave on Mega Latias becomes a decent option thanks to all the hazards you have and with this you proceed to accumulate residual damage on opposing teams.

Solid stuff.
Thx for the r8 and the kind words n_n. I changed clefable to a calm mind unaware set because it provided heal bell support and a win con. Roar over thunder wave also makes a lot of sense because of the hazards.

Hello really nice team here ! however it have many flaws.

Since you are using entry hazard stacking,most of time you will play a pursuiter or a defiant user(bisharp) to put pressure on most common entry hazard remover of the metagame(Lati@s/Starmie)but i noticed on this team there are no way to put an pressure on them which will mean they will be able to come on all your mon and removing hazard from the field
Tentacruel is a good mon but i don't think its fits really good on the team i will explain myself : You are using it to remove hazard/rocks for talonflame but i'm not seeing how its help the team since most Clefable counter(assuming you are using them to help him) are Steel type and are immune to Toxic-spikes.Even if Tentacruel can avoid 2HKO from LO Gengar/Zard-Y,he can't really hit them (Scald it Gengar but he will beat you anyway and with the Sun,scald hit neutraly Zard-Y)

The thing is in your team you should still have Spikes,Rapid spin for your team and having a mon which can pressure entry hazard remover

Scarf Tyranitar > Clefable
will help you to pressure Lati@s/Starmie and to trapkill them so that they cannot remove hazard anymore in the game

Hello really nice team here ! however it have many flaws.

Since you are using entry hazard stacking,most of time you will play a pursuiter or a defiant user(bisharp) to put pressure on most common entry hazard remover of the metagame(Lati@s/Starmie)but i noticed on this team there are no way to put an pressure on them which will mean they will be able to come on all your mon and removing hazard from the field
Tentacruel is a good mon but i don't think its fits really good on the team i will explain myself : You are using it to remove hazard/rocks for talonflame but i'm not seeing how its help the team since most Clefable counter(assuming you are using them to help him) are Steel type and are immune to Toxic-spikes.Even if Tentacruel can avoid 2HKO from LO Gengar/Zard-Y,he can't really hit them (Scald it Gengar but he will beat you anyway and with the Sun,scald hit neutraly Zard-Y)

The thing is in your team you should still have Spikes,Rapid spin for your team and having a mon which can pressure entry hazard remover

Scarf Tyranitar > Clefable
will help you to pressure Lati@s/Starmie and to trapkill them so that they cannot remove hazard anymore in the game
I understand your logic behind the pursuit trapper but I don't feel like I need a pursuit trapper for this particular team. Scarf Tyranitar is extremely offenisive when the rest of the team is bulky. Hazards are not the main intent of the team, I usually use hazards to wear opponents down. The purpose of the team is to be defensive not full on stall to a point where the opponent is worn down by a lot of things such as hazards, leech seed, Gradual attacks, to eventually let me setup and win. Thank you for the rate but I don't think I will be using a scarf tyranitar on this team as it deters from the defensive nature of the rest of the team.

Hey man I'll keep this quick. Unaware Clefable covered many of the more pressing threats to your team, but there are still a few glaring problems.
  • No Scald switch-in, and no way to get rid of status. Almost anything with status is at least annoying to deal with, and some (e.g. SubToxic Rachi) are probably 6-0's.
  • SD Scizor 6-0's the team.
  • Mamoswine 6-0's the team.
  • Nothing for Tornadus-T, which comes in freely on Chesnaught.
  • Birdspam will kill you without a Flying resistance. Hippo isn't bulky enough on its own.
  • You're a bit weak to M-Sableye stalls, but you at least have counterplay in Acid Spray Toxic Spikes Tenta and Taunt BU Talon.
Suggestions for defensive playstyles are always a pain...Skarmory or Rotom-H both cover a lot of this threat list, so either could replace Talonflame and go from there (at least one other Pokemon would need to be changed). There are a few options to deal with status from there (with Heal Bell Clef as a last resort, but preferably including a Scald burn immunity), but the main concern would be dealing with stall without Talonflame. M-Latias' slot is the least essential, so something like SubRoost Kyurem (or really anything which can reliably pressure Goth stall) can fit there.

Skarmory > Chesnaught could also work but with M-Latias and Clefable on the team, Bisharp could become problematic in combination with Zard-X or something else to overload Hippowdon.

I can do a more comprehensive rate later if you'd like. Hope that helped though!

Last edited:
Also you can try Skarmory over your Chesnaught,you will cover more thing like m-scizor/mamoswine and you will still have spikes user.

Hey bro nice team but i will late u here some tips for your team.
-Keep in
T-Wave>Roar for the main reason that lati is a fast bulky mom, isnt a mom for take hits and after roar, and the t-wave will help u for paralize mons that can destroy your team, like Garde-M for example if talonflame is already down.

-In my opinion
>
for the main reason that u dont have a steel mon in your, thats isnt really good for ur the team, cause in the case clefable is down, no one can take some hit from dragon mons, and also steel mon like Skarmory will give u a better coverage, and can stil running the same set of spikes stack up, and also have whirlwind.

-Use Clerir
for the reason that u dont have a mon that can heal your mons, and your team being a stall team with hazars, need to have something to this, the set here:

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell

-Handdle the option to have wow in your
cause the bulk up set is better with wow for the reason that, is u burn the physical mons of ur opponent, will be easier for t-flame to get boost with Bulk up or use the full Stallbreaker set that will be here:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

-My last recomendation is run Knock off>Acid Spray in
cause is important to let the bulky mons of your opponent without the item, because a bulky mon without leftovers for example will help u a lot for kill him easier.

Hey bro nice team but i will late u here some tips for your team.
-Keep in
T-Wave>Roar for the main reason that lati is a fast bulky mom, isnt a mom for take hits and after roar, and the t-wave will help u for paralize mons that can destroy your team, like Garde-M for example if talonflame is already down.

-In my opinion
>
for the main reason that u dont have a steel mon in your, thats isnt really good for ur the team, cause in the case clefable is down, no one can take some hit from dragon mons, and also steel mon like Skarmory will give u a better coverage, and can stil running the same set of spikes stack up, and also have whirlwind.

-Use Clerir
for the reason that u dont have a mon that can heal your mons, and your team being a stall team with hazars, need to have something to this, the set here:

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell

-Handdle the option to have wow in your
cause the bulk up set is better with wow for the reason that, is u burn the physical mons of ur opponent, will be easier for t-flame to get boost with Bulk up or use the full Stallbreaker set that will be here:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

-My last recomendation is run Knock off>Acid Spray in
cause is important to let the bulky mons of your opponent without the item, because a bulky mon without leftovers for example will help u a lot for kill him easier.
Yo first of all thx for r8 :], A lot of people have been suggesting Skarmory over chesnaught so I am gonna try that out. Roar was really an experimental thing and I liked it a lot so I'll put a / to show that either can be used. I do not agree with cleric clefable however. My team does miss cleric I do admit but I need a couple setup sweepers to keep this team as a semistall team and not go complete stall. I'm not really confident with stall yet so I am not changing talonflame and clefable just to keep the playstyle the same :]. I will try out skarmory and change the banner soon. Acid Spray is really useful to beat Clefable and fairies in general if talonflame is worn down. Thx for r8 m8 :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)