ORAS UU "The Hades" mono ghost/trick room.

Hi guys, i really would love if you could rate this team that so far im liking it a lot.

Ok ill start now... My English is not excelente but ill do my best.

The Hades

| | | |
|

Introducción:

I was searching and searching for mono ghost teams but i find that all are kind of the same, so i wanted to make something different that could aspire to be a competitive mono ghost team and making it a trick room team, because at least for me, i enjoyed a lot this kind of odd teams. xD

My mono ghost team have a far road to be an epic team, but so far is doing great against a lot of teams, but ill be honest i dont always win but i neither lose all the time lol.

Team development:

The point in this team is being eable to survive dark type hits and being eable to set trick room, after that i can give a good fight to a lot of teams because ghost pokemons are kind of strong vs anything else.

The team:

"The lead"

Caronte (Dusclops) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Infestation
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room

This guy is my lead pseudo hazard tank and main trick room setter. Im loving this set up and how much hits he can tank.
1) I always start with infestation because i dont know if my opponent gonna taunt me and so far its always a good idea.
2) pain split is my recover skill, it works really well when dark types attack me first, its great also if im in low hp and someone switch pokemon.
3) WoW is good to stack with infestation and good to lower the attack of some foes.
4) well trick room is the bread and butter of this pokemon, after it set trick room and infest/WoW my opponent its time to switch
(ITEM: Eviolite for the awesome Def/sp.Def boost it gains)

I really im impressed how well he can tank, he even survive some krokodile knock off/sucker punch and hydreigon dark pulse.

"The special wall/setter"

Lete (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 204 Def / 172 SpA / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Recover
- Trick Room
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam

This is my special wall and trick room setter, hes usseful but i feel it could be it more.
1) recover is really a helpful skill and its kind of annoying if i abbuse this.
2) again if i dont find dragón/fire/fly/ground/rock/ bug opponents this is his main porpuse.
3) water spout its great because makes an excelent damage STAB even if i didnt max my sp. Attack.
4) ice beam is a great counter vs dragón/ bug/ fly opponents.
(ITEM: Left overs for extra heals if some one toxic/WoW him.)

"The offensive wall/setter"

Aqueronte (Dusknoir) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Destiny Bond

This is my offensive/wall and last trick room setter.
1) even that he dont set trick room as often than the others its helpfull if the other two are dead or theres hes not strong vs anything in the other team.
2) brick break is to fight mostly against dark pokemon but works as a counter vs ice/steel/normal also.
3) earthquake is a counter for fire/rock/electric/plant.
4) destiny Bond is my last resort weapon if i find myself against a pokemon i cant kill i use this move or when Dusknoir is about to die. (ITEM:Colbur berry to survive crunch, knock off, sucker punch, dark pulse moves.)

I like how Dusclops and Dusknoir can tank hits and even Dusknoir cant tank as good as Dusclops with eviolite he deserves a spot in this team.

"The special sweeper"

Cocito (Hoopa) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hoopa was my mixed sweeper but he was so fragile that i almost change it but i make him another special counter sweeper with a little more bulky stats.
1). Psychic is my STAB move and also work really good vs fightning (that usually have dark move) and counter to poison.
2) thunderbolt is my counter vs water/fly but overall makes a good damage.
3) Focus blast is used as counter vs dark/ normal/ ice.
4) HP ice is a counter against dragón/plant/fly.
(ITEM: Colbub berry to survive one dark move and try to kill my opponent)

i wish i could make him more bulky because if i dont have trick room and someone use sucker punch or another +priority ghost/dark move hes like butter.

"The pysichal sweeper"

Estigia (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball

Doublade is my pysichal sweeper and main normal damage dealer. Also vs attack based pokemon is my greatest wall.
1) sacred sword is great against dark/normal/steel/ice.
2) swords dance is speacialy useful if i dont have trick room and Doublade is facing an attack based pokemon or one with calm mind. Its hard to see someone that survive a +3 sword dance hit.
3) shadow sneak is a great STAB when i dont have trick room open and in combo with swords dance is really great.
4) Gyro ball is awesome with trick room and is my stronger STAB against fairy/ rock/ ice.
(ITEM: Eviolite because makes him an amazing attack wall and makes Doublade eable to take some sp.attack hits too.)

"The special sweeper/Revenge killer"

Flegetonte (Chandelure) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Hes my top sp.damage dealer(if my opponent doesnt have godlike sp.def) usually i use him in the middle/end fight or opponents that that are weak against him because he have a lot of counter moves that can 1 or 2HKO.
1) shadow ball is my STAB move and great vs other ghost pokemon, also is a great counter vs psychic and overall makes good damage.
2) energy ball is my counter vs water/ground/rock/electric.
3) Fire blast is another STAB move and great vs plant/ice/steel.
4) psychic is again a great counter vs fightning types (wich usually have dark type moves) also a counter vs poison pokemon.
(ITEM: Colbub berry to take a dark hit.)

Even if hes a glass cannon usually he can survive at least 1 or 2 hits but against dark moves hes death so this is a great tool for Chandelure

Treaths:

1) krokodile, pangoro, hydreigon, scrafty, etc... They here for obviously reasons but with theyre speed and +priority dark moves theyre annoying to face.

2) one guy that i really hate when i see him is mega Blastoise, excelent sp. Attack, dark pulse and good speed and lower overall vs this team. So kill him as soon as you can. Or he can kill all your team.

3) calm mind suicune is really an annoying thing to kill if you let him to use calm mind x2+.

3) wish + protect+ WoW/toxic vaporeon, umbreon and i dont rember the others that can do this but there are more. When they start using this is so hard to kill them because if you cant 1HKO them they will abbuse of those moves.

Conclutions:

This team in my short experience is strong but as said at the begining of this thread, its really weak against dark type moves, so a priority in the team is to kill as fast as i can all of them. This team have a lot of setters and walls because being so slow without trick room gives tye chance to hit me and theres a lot of pokemon eable to use dark moves.

-----

Ok, i hope i did it right this time and i wish i could recieve some advice of this build im creating guys. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Pd: My pokemon names are based in Charon the boatman that drives the souls to the Hades. And the five rivers of the underworld (Styx, Lethe, Acheron, Cocytus, Phlegethon) that he had to pass through in the greek mythology in spanish.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)