The LC Open VII - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SM LC.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on the Smogtours server.
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes (keep in mind that this is an interim solution while we wait on PS! developers). The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
Round 6

Kushalos vs ggggd
Le Sabreur vs Luthier
fran17 vs jake
Megazard vs FLCL
Serene Grace vs UltraBallz
Corporal Levi vs aim
z0mOG vs fitzy72
Iron Pyrite vs Pohjis
Jarii vs tazz
Osh vs MONNA LUSA
Yagura vs Heysup
SilentMango vs LilyAC

Deadline: September 2nd, 11:59 PM EDT

Extension deadline is August 29th, 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Kushalos vs (ggggd vs Diego Maradona) -pabloat
fran17 vs (jake vs Plas) - jake has been playing at a super high level but plas in a streak rn after beating OP in 2. Could be close.
Megazard vs FLCL - megazard has a p good showing in the previous round but hes somewhat new to the tier from what i understand and FLCL is just a super good player
Serene Grace vs UltraBallz - why is he even on the qc team lol....
Corporal Levi vs aim - Levi is almost undeniably top 3 LC players rn. Better tier knowledge, better prep, and better player in LC overall
z0mOG vs fitzy72 - love z0m but when fitzy tries and actually doesnt make super incompetent plays, they dont play too shaby. someone to look out for
Iron Pyrite vs (Toadow vs Pohjis) - Toadow could give pohjis a run for his money after taking out some p solid players rn.
Jarii vs tazz - tazz aint bad at all but Jarii got some really good resources with his friends.
(Simbo vs Osh) vs (MONNA LUSA vs himeringo) - Simbo vs osh will def be a good match and im calling that one too close to call. But whoever wins that matchup will prolly beat lusa vs himeringo.
Yagura vs Heysup - LC player vs non LC player
SilentMango vs LilyAC - mango has been playing well lately. But tbf so has lily. this is gonna be one thats close to call

Last edited:

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
Kushalos vs (ggggd vs Diego Maradona) - Coming off his recent 14th birthday party, Pablo should have a morale boost for the Brazilian showdown with LCs most elaborate troll and win comfortably. While pablo is most definitely the favorite vs Kushalos, Kushalos has traditionally done well in LC Opens and I predict him to cause the upset here.
Le Sabreur vs Luthier I dont know who Le Sabreur is
fran17 vs (jake vs Plas) - Jake is my pick to make finals. While all three are competent players with LC experience, Jake is able to prep for specific matchups extremely well and this bodes well for a b03 format like open.
Megazard vs FLCL - From my experience in seasonals, Megazard exclusively uses teams that lose to foodig. However, Megazard is still a good player: if he uses teams that don't lose to mienfoo I expect this series to be very close.
Corporal Levi vs aim - This is the most hype matchup of LC Open so far. In one corner you have the former LC Open winner and #1 ranked lc player and in the other you have a Youtube extraordinaire. Levi is well known for opening Pandora's box when it comes to teambuilding and Aim's videos and playstyle are both fun to watch. No matter the result of this series, the spectators will be the true winners.
z0mOG vs fitzy72 - A tour player vs a mainer, the age old struggle between evil and good. What separates this from the traditional tour player vs tier main dynamic (and what gives fitzy the edge) is the fact that fitzy has had moments on the big stage before. He's won a seasonals in the recent past and he has played in SPL before. The factor of "tour experience" shouldn't be too worrisome for fitzy.
Iron Pyrite vs (Toadow vs Pohjis) - GOATow has quickly become this year's underdog story. He's had the arguably the toughest schedule so far nailing wins over established tour players and LC mains alike every single week; not too shabby for a ladder hero. He faces one more big hurdle in Pohjis, but if he can get through that he can make it to round 7 easily.
Jarii vs tazz - I once played Jarii in a tour and he dropped an aggressive "gg!" after he haxed me and that made me mad. I cannot in good conscience predict someone like that to win.
(Simbo vs Osh) vs (MONNA LUSA vs himeringo) - This is the most intriguing set of matchups this week. Simbo vs Osh will be a good series between two LC Mains who are both considered "good" but have not cracked through to the major tournament scene yet. Simbo will win because his innovations are top notch and that very well could be the difference in a series that should be close. I dont really know who MONNA LUSA is but hes seems to be doing well in other Open's tour so he's definitely not a pushover. That being said, mad0ka is still a goat and has played LC in SPL before and I expect him to win. Honestly and 1 of these 4 can make it through and it wouldn't be suprising
Yagura vs Heysup - Yagura was apparently an LC player before my time so I don't know too much about him. Meanwhile Heysup has been playing LC since before I was born. Have to predict Heysup in this Blast from the Past matchup as I've actually seen him play and can vouch for his quality.
SilentMango vs LilyAC - This is another interesting matchup between lc mains. I rate both players about equal in terms of skill level. Both players have been around for a while but haven't had much recent tour success afaik. LilyAC is winning this one because he's been tryharding lately and he's a lot more hungry to prove he's not just another run of the mill LC player.

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
Kushalos vs (ggggd vs Diego Maradona) - Both matchups looks really good here. Pablo is an experienced and solid lc player. Diego is also solid but I think pablo will win convincingly here. Pablo vs Kush is definitely a highlight, especially after Kush's impressive wins vs Sken last round and with Kush being a solid player with good lc experience but I think Pablo's greater lc experience will prevail, especially if he decides to bring something innovative.
Le Sabreur vs Luthier - Le Sab is a tours room OU player but I've never seen them play lc before so no clue on how good they are. Luthier is a good lc player but I have seen him choke games before. I still expect luthier to take this comfortably unless nerves get the better of him. He has knocked out good players like trace and cs.
fran17 vs (jake vs Plas) - jake is a fantastic player with very creative builds and solid innovations. Plas is also solid but, in terms of playing ability, I don't think he's as good as jake. Plas did beat OP in two last round so has the ability to pull an upset, especially if he gets a good matchup vs jake's typically non-standard builds. Jake plas is a good highlight match and I expect the winner of that series to beat fran comfortably.
Megazard vs FLCL - FLCL is a very good player with tons of lc experience so he's the clear favourite. Megazard has consistently made pretty deep seasonal runs tho so there is potential for an upset, especially if he preps, but I expect FLCL to take the series here.
Serene Grace vs UltraBallz - I expect Serene to take this comfortably. UltraBallz is a good OU player I believe but not sure on how much lc experience he has, and he's up against a solid lc player.
Corporal Levi vs aim - Levi is a fantastic lc player, very solid and creative builder. Aim is also a good player but lacks meta game knowledge. I don't think his playing ability alone will help much vs a top lc player. Levi should win this comfortably, unless he decides to meme on the big stage.
z0mOG vs fitzy72 - zomog is a good big tour level OU player but not too sure on how much sm lc experience he has. On the other hand, fitzy is a solid lc player with lots of experience in the tier so I'm expecting him to take this series, although I think this series is probably the closest of the lc player vs good player with not too much lc experience series so zom could upset.
Iron Pyrite vs (Toadow vs Pohjis) - Toadow is fire, pulling out a spaceworm like 2018 lc open run. I think Pohjis is favoured since he's a very good tour player with good lc experience but toadow could easily pull another upset on top of ninja and dcae. This is a definite highlight. I expect the winner of that bracket to beat iron.
Jarii vs tazz - This should be interesting. Tazz is a good lc player but jarii has good support and is a competent lc player. I expect tazz to take this but would not be surprised if jarii wins.
(Simbo vs Osh) vs (MONNA LUSA vs himeringo) - Simbo and Osh are relatively similar in terms of lc ability, leaning towards osh tho. I don't know much about monna but madoka is a very good lc player so I expect him to take that series. Osh vs madoka will be a very good series, too close to call.
Yagura vs Heysup - I don't know much about yagura. Expecting Heysup to take this comfortably.
SilentMango vs LilyAC - This is probably the most even matchup of this round, both are good lc mains who can build, play and prep well. As Serene said, Lily is probably hungrier for the win, but mango also has more lc experience, especially in tours like lcpl so this could go either way. Leaning slightly towards lily just cause I've seen them play more recently and they're more likely to prep.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)