The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

ho

ly

shit

LOL AMON SAVING KORRA

this is not a kids' show
this episode was dark as hell and next week's may be even darker
1 hour long season finale and we all know it's going to be awesome

Yo shit just got real, Amon can't even be blood bent. The preview for the season finaly looks wild.

And I the only one who spotted Amon making a cup with his hand and clenching it, in the preview. That looks like some sort of bending move, usually when someone is crushing something. Could Amon be a bender?

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So season finale on the 23rd so do we get 1 more episode next week??

also because im lazy ill cp logs that i said made me suspicious
<@yondie> amon
<@yondie> probably
<@yondie> has a connection to the spirit world
<@yondie> at this point hes godly strong
<@yondie> and notice they had amon
<@yondie> take tarloks bending
<@yondie> right after the vision of aang taking away yakones
<@yondie> suspicious ...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Strong episode. Guess whoever wrote that theory of Tarrlok being Yakone's son is right, although I didn't quite expect Yakone to be able to bloodbend with his mind. Shame the Aang vs Yakone battle was incredibly short.

EDIT:

"team avatar" in korra doesn't seem nearly as close as the gaang in ATLA was.
I see what you did there :p

EDIT2:
The possibility of Amon being a bender is still up there. Maybe that's how he's partially immune to bloodbending.

it was short but they didn't really have time to dwell on it so yeah
a little upset that middle-aged katara didn't show up

the only thing that's pissing me off about these episodes is that it's becoming increasingly hard to sympathize with mako for what he does. his relationship with korra has no chemistry (and maybe that's fully intentional) but he's acting totally unreasonably and even asami is starting to seem a little self-centered. "team avatar" in korra doesn't seem nearly as close as the gaang in ATLA was.

Strong episode. Guess whoever wrote that theory of Tarrlok being Yakone's son is right, although I didn't quite expect Yakone to be able to bloodbend with his mind. Shame the Aang vs Yakone battle was incredibly short.
Once you've perfected the ability to remove one's bending, I'm sure most of your fights go that way.

Good episode but I think we got gypped out of two potentially awesome battles: Aang vs. Yakone and Amon vs. Tarrlok. They seriously need to make the episodes longer. 23 minutes of show time to 7 minutes of commercials? meh

The only explanations that I can think of are:
1. Amon is a blood bender as well (the only thing in the show shown to stop it)
2. Amon just has an incredibly strong will (note how he struggled against it)
3. Maybe he has some anti-bending suit on that resists it idk

Amon is clearly a cyborg.

Also, I found it hilarious, if not a bit forced, that Sokka still talks of his boomerang the same way at over 40 years of age.

(Where is Katara during all this Yakone business...although maybe she still needs the moon)

Did anyone else get an "oh man shit just got real" vibe when they saw an Amon mask on the giant Aang statue in the preview of the season finale?

Wow. Awesome Episode.

The "two avatar" theory has never been closer now. In this episode, we see that the Avatar State is immune to bloodbending and we see that Amon is partially immune to bloodbending. I also always feel like Amon moves like an airbender when he fights (I think its more noticable in the earlier episodes when Korra is being taught to move like an airbender). So we have:
Amon

• Energybending (taking away other bending)
  • Immunity to bloodbending (maybe related to avatar state?)
  • Arguably airbending
Korra:

• Earthbending
  • Firebending
  • Waterbending
Put them together and you have a whole avatar! It also makes sense since Korra is really struggling to do any airbending or anything spiritual related besides the visions.

Or I could BSing. And Amon is made up of some inorganic body parts.

Amon is clearly a cyborg.
This might actually be plausible, considering that his face was badly burnt from the Firebender attack as a child. He may have needed some kind of mechanical reconstruction, and there were certainly people who could do so, like the Inventor in the Northern Air Temple. Combustion Man also had some kind of mechanical element to his bending.

Or he could just have crazy willpower. I feel like "part cyborg" isn't the most tasteful explanation to how he can resist bloodbending.

Amon is some kinda monster.

Pretty much shrugged off Tarrlok's Bloodbending.

Holy shit, the Season Finale is gonna be intense.

Mybodyisnotready.jpg

Maybe it was just me, but when Korra was running away from Amon in the snow, it appeared to me that Amon was using airbending to move for just a few seconds. Anyone else notice this?

Hmm. We never really found out for sure how Aang actually died.

Amon is secretly Aang.

Just kidding then Korra wouldn't really exist.

---

Next week's episode 10, and then the finale would be 11 and 12, right?

Also, Lin is basically SpiderIronLinMan. She puts on her uniform in the best way possible.

Maaaan Amon is the shit. Mako is easily my least favorite character, his emotions just seem so fake, and I really don't feel for him at all. The major thing I miss from ATLA is the humorous aspect. It makes the show a bit more light-hearted, and I think it helps you care for the characters much more. In Legend of Korra, I really don't feel any connection to the characters. That still doesn't make the show awesome though.

I'm also a bit sad that Korra didn't talk to Aang, and just saw more flashbacks. Hopefully we'll see some of that if she trains spiritually in the 2nd season.
Also I really hope we meet Zuko, and figure out what happened to his mother soon.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Damn, I just finished watching Ep. 9

I gotta say, Amon has become my favorite antagonist in the whole series(+The Last Airbender)

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Maybe it was just me, but when Korra was running away from Amon in the snow, it appeared to me that Amon was using airbending to move for just a few seconds. Anyone else notice this?
tbh is looked more like a firebender to me.
Plus Im guessing instead of taking Korra's bending away as you could see a glimpse of in the preview, I think that move might actually unlock the forehead chakra enabling korra to go into the avatar trance.
And who knows, maybe Amon is someone we know but havent thought of (Zuko perhaps, who knows)

Man this show is great. First thing I've actually bothered watching on TV in a long time. Feels like this show is flying along much more quickly than ATLA, but I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)