Project The Next Best Thing - rip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Kill Gourgeist and Dusknoir, lure Metang, guarantee grumpig 2hko, often the best neutral coverage for a choiced mime if they have, say, roselia+probopass or whatever. Losing HW sucks but this is a solid move

vive la revolution, fight the power

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Healing Wish is a really good option on Mr. Mime, but every time I use Mr. Mime, I never seem to get a chance to use it, as when I play offense, I typically just sacrifice a mon instead of saving it to sacrifice later, giving me few times to use HW. Trick solves that issue as being an alternate way to disrupt opponents. It also can help against stall in crippling a mon and most people don't expect it.

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Baton Pass

Mime is generally used as a choice user^ or with nasty plot to sweep, looking through it move pool it has a few boosting options and gets access to baton pass so i tried passing a few things like PuP, cm, np, and over all i think this set worked the best for me (on Bulky-Offense/Balance). Basically its double "dance" musharna but its not reliant on its item for bulk and has a much better speed teir to boost before it takes a hit.

+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. +2 248 HP / 252+ Def Mr. Mime: 123-145 (43.4 - 51.2%)
-- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. +2 248 HP / 252+ Def Mr. Mime: 204-240 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Leafeon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. +2 248 HP / 252+ Def Mr. Mime: 73-87 (25.7 - 30.7%)
-- 5.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Mr. MoM (Mr. Mime) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Nasty Plot

This set, based on Christo's Trick CM Chandy/Goth in UU, is super fun. You get to mess with both offense and balance/stall. With Trick, you can easily cripple walls such as Clefairy and Audino. Then later in the game you can set up a Nasty Plot on something you scare out, and then proceed to destroy everything slower than you because stuff like Scarf Audino won't be stopping you.

Mr. MoM (Mr. Mime) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Nasty Plot

This set, based on Christo's Trick CM Chandy/Goth in UU, is super fun. You get to mess with both offense and balance/stall. With Trick, you can easily cripple walls such as Clefairy and Audino. Then later in the game you can set up a Nasty Plot on something you scare out, and then proceed to destroy everything slower than you because stuff like Scarf Audino won't be stopping you.
Dude i think you based it on this

Mr. Mime @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Sub-salac Mime combines the breaking power of the Nasty Plot set with devastating speed of Mime's scarf set. With Nasty Plot and a speed boost you have the flexibility to use Mime as a breaker, a late-game cleaner, or both. Ideally you'll want to weaken steel types before trying to do too much with this set.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus

Whoops :^)

upload_2016-5-18_17-41-53.png

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Encore allows Mr. Mime to easily set up on many of its checks, such as Stunfisk (as they go for say, Stealth Rock or Toxic) or Defensive Misdreavus (e.g. if they go for WoW predicting the switch). This makes it slightly more effective at wearing down Bulkier Pokes than regular NP Mime.

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Modest / Timid Nature
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish

Nothing like a little yellow magic to make up for Mr. Mime's Speed with the need to slap a Choice Scarf. Dual STAB + Healing Wish brings the most out of its abilites while also giving a setup sweeper a second chance.

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Thunder Wave

Specially Offensive Krow, Dark Pulse for a STAB that hurts StunFISK, Golem and things on their weaker Special Defense, Psychic is mainly here for Choke and Ferno and HP Fighting hurts the kinda rare Pawniard and Mightyna and certain Steel-types like Probo for more damage. T-Wave because of priority paralysing which is simply amazing on a slow mon like krow. This set has some use as the only special Dark-type mon in PU and it can do more damage on the switch to usual checks and counters like Rock and Electric types.

Just be careful about fatmons like Audino and Roselia and you'll be fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)