ORAS OU The Night Problems [Peaked 1667]

The Night Problems

Introduction

Hello Smogon community. Welcome to my second RMT.
I created a team and getting good results, and I would like some opinions to improve it. I confess not having done the ladder only with this team, but it was with him that I made the final battles.

This team is a request of a friend who wants a team more "current" for metagame ORAS OU.

Gliscor is one of their favorite Pokémon, and I wanted to use the set SD + Facade, so I started with Gliscor.

Tyranitar was immediately added to catch Gengar, and helps against Psychic-types and is a great revenge killer.

Needing an answer against Keldeo and support spinner, Starmie joined the team.

I wanted a Mega Evolution with brutal power and did not care about Will-O-Wisp. Charizard X was just what I needed.

I still did not have a Pokémon to Stealth Rock, even a Steel-Type Pokémon or to prevent an automatic defeat for Manaphy or even Mega Gyarados, Ferrothorn completes my core Fire-Water-Grass.

Finally, a solid counter to Mega Sableye, I definitely needed a Fairy-Type. Clefable completes my Dragon-Steel-Fairy core and helps in speed control with Thunder Wave, as well as absorb status.

The team:

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Immunity to Electric and status after poisoned. 56 EVs speed to outspeed Adamant Bisharp, Swords Dance when there is an opportunity, Roost for longevity.
Earthquake is STAB and Facade to coverage.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Immunity to Psychic and a great natural bulky, Tyranitar is my revenge killer, remove Gengar, Latios, Latias and Starmie.
The Sandstorm damage is good to breaks Focus Sash, in addition to removing Rain/Sun/Hail when possible.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Fast spinner, Keldeo switch-in. Scald to spam burns, switch easily into Heatran and Hippowdon.
Recover for longevity. Natural Cure to absorb Scald the opponent easily e outros status. 0 IVs Atk to reduce Foul Play damage. Also acts sometimes as revenge killer since it is one of the fastest Pokémon in the metagame.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze > Touch Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

Literally my firepower, brutal power, Scizor counter, one of the biggest threats of the metagame.
Roost for longevity and recover the recoil of Flare Blitz, immunity to Will-O-Wisp, do not loses the item to Knock Off, excellent offensives STABs.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Stealth Rock because Stealth Rock. Fairy chek, Manaphy and Mega Gyarados "counter", great mixed bulky.
Leftovers is very important for recovery, then I avoid letting it get Knock Off unnecessarily.
Leech Seed and Iron Barbs to gradual damage. Gyro Ball and Power Whip to hit Fairy and Water types.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind

Immunity Dragon, another status absorb, and ridiculously dangerous with Calm Mind.
Moonblast is his mandatory Stab, Softboiled for obvious recovery, and Thunder Wave to your cheks as Mega Venusaur, Heatran, Charizard and others.

:

Quick and powerful Electric-types are a nuisance especially before Charizard Mega evolve.

Serperior destroys the team easily.

*Insert a sprit here*
Hoopa-U, no one Pokémon in metagame has secured entry into this monster.

If Ferrothon is weakened or is burned by Scald, Manaphy becomes very dangerous.

By having two sets dangerous (Choice Band and Belly Drum), Azumarill is a threat.

Charizard X and Y are hard.

Conclusion:

This team is cool and easy to use, majority sets are standart, anyway effective.
Any opinion will be appreciated.
I'm thinking in change Facade for Knock Off.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind

Sorry for any errors, my native language is not English.

try ice fang over facade, rotom-w isn't even as much as a threat to you compared to opposing gliscors

would recommend a ferro set of twave / rocks / iron head / leech seed @ rocky helmet since gliscors is your only clef check and having a double twave core that can spread passive damage gives you more flexibility for sweeping with tar

e: oh he forgot to say no one uses subcm keld in this meta unless you care enough for wish kill teams destroying you, something like ice beam > psyshock could really be useful to single shot lando-t and phys def gliscors for zardx

On your Gliscor, try running Taunt over Roost. Poison heal already provides a significant amount of regeneration. It also allows Gliscor to completely set-up against walls such as Skarmory without fear of whirlwind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)