The Roulette Team[OU Wifi RMT]

OU RMT
Hello Smogon! First off i would like to ask why i was logged out. You see I had done the RMT once before and when i clicked the "Submit new thread" button i found out i was logged out and my thread had vanished. Anyawys... as you can tell from the title this team was originally a roulette team that did very well against my opposition. Ever since then i have been using this team(With a few changes), with moderate success. Of course no team is perfect and If anyone can give me any advice on improvements i would be greatly appreciative.

Team At Glance
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Current Moves/EV's/Natures/Pokemon will be Indicated Black
Failed Moves/EV's/Natures/Pokemon will be Indicated by Red
Testing Moves/EV's/Natures/Pokemon will be Indicated by Blue
New Moves/EV's/Natures/Pokemon will be Indicated by Green

UNDER THE MICROSCOPE

The Lead-

"Like Me?"
Swampert
@Leftovers

Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Torrent
EV's:
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Moves:

• Earthquake
  • Ice Beam
  • Roar
  • Stealth Rocks
Overview: Swampert In my eyes Is one of the best "Lead" pokemon you can find In OU. The original lead was Azelf but I wanted a lead that could set up rocks, do damage, switch out then come back later in the game to do more damage. It was a close call between Metagross and Swampert but Swampert also had the ability to Phaze other Pokemon, and with all the entry hazards on this team Swampert was the natural choice. The only downside on using Swampert Is the inability to stop other leads from setting up, however with a EQ+ Ice beam combo Swampert manages to KO most leads besides Roserade and some variants of Machamp.

Considered changes:
Nope, nothing. I am fairly satisfied with Pert and i cant find a reason to change it. I am currently considering running Machamp/Azelf/Roserade as a lead and putting Swampert In a regular slot. Feedback?

The Revenge killer/Scout-

"MoreOU"
Scizor
@Choice Band

Nature:Adamant
Ability:Technician
EV's:248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

Moves:

• Bullet punch
  • U-turn
  • Pursuit
  • Brick break
Overview: Scizor. 130 base attack, Stab priorty, Adamant and Technician. Throw on a choice band and what do you have? In one word, a beast. Scizor's job Is to trap, kill, switch then come back and wreak more havoc. Bullet Punch for priority, U-turn for scouting, pursuit for trapping, super power for coverage. Yeah I'm using the most overused and effective Pokemon In the game. Sue me.

Considerd changes: I have been running Into screen teams quite frequently. Thanks to this I now run brick break over super power. The only dis-advantage Is the obvious power degrade.

The Special-Ghost-

"Purple"
Gengar@
Life orb

Nature:Timid
Ability
:Levitate
EV's:4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves:

• Shadow Ball
  • Pain Split
  • Focus Blast
  • Subsitute
Overview:Sub Split Gengar has tremendous capabilities substitute Is a great move since Gengar causes this likes of Breloom and Choice Pokemon to switch. Pain Split heals Gengar and does a decent amount of damage thanks to Gengar's low HP stat. Shadow Ball and Focus blast for attacking coverage. Not much to say other than I'm impressed with Shizzles set!

Considered Changes:
I am torn on which set to use. The only two staples on all my Gengar's are Shadow ball and HP fire. That leaves FB,TB,EB, Protect, Trick and substitute combining 7 different moves to make the last two move slots, (4 move slot syndrome anyone)? Any feedback on the best move combination would be extremely helpful.Shizzle suggested I try the Pain Split Gengar set. I must say I was fairly impressed with the results and capabilites with this new toy. Thank you to Shizzle for the rate!

Failed Rotom-A
Rotom-H@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Overheat
Will-o-wisp
Reason: Team is mainly for Wifi. Rotom-A Is banned from wifi.

The Wall Breaking Dragon-

Salamence@Life orb

Nature:Naive
Ability:Intimidate
EV's:16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves:

• Draco Meteor
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Blast
  • Outrage/Dragon Claw
Overview: What Pokemon In OU can break any wall you put in front of it? Salamence wins that title hands down. Salamence Is definitely a great Wall Breaker. I use New MixMence over Classic MixMence because New Mixmence has overall better wall breaking capabilities. NMM comes In takes out at least two Pokemon and makes Gyarados and Gengar sweeps much easier. The only draw back from using NMM over CMM Is the lack of available recovery.

Considered Changes: Salamence himself has done way to good to change anything, however changing other Pokemon to Salamence's comfort may be a wise option. Mence's worst enemy Is status, namely Burn and Paralysis. I considered adding Suicune and Breloom to the team as status absorbers but they don't seem to fit the team. Suggestions?

The Bulky Red Tank-

Gyrados@Leftovers

Nature:Adamant
Ability:Intimidate
EV's:156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe

Moves:

• Waterfall
  • Stone Edge
  • Dragon Dance
  • Taunt
Overview: So what pokemon can run through everything after It starts to dance? Gyarados Is your answer. During the original roulette match Gyarados managed to pull off a sweep. After that game Gyarados had trouble setting up. That's why I run thunder wave over taunt so Gyarados can set up much easier. Gyarados Is the mid game sweeper that does what It can and leave Salamence and Gengar to finish off what Is left.

Considered changes: SD Lucario Is In my thoughts. Perhaps It would be a better attacking combo with Mence?

Testing: Lucario@Life Orb
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Crunch
Extreme Speed

The Spinning Sweeper-

Starmie@Leftovers

Nature:Timid
Ability:Natural Cure
EV's:
136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe
Moves:

• Surf
  • Thunderbolt
  • Rapid Spin
  • Recover
Overview: I searched across 493 for some thing like Starmie. Starmie Is a great choice for my team. Not only does it block status with natural cure. It has the ability to rapid spin away Rocks, Attack other Pokemon and have time to do it all over again thanks to recover. I Think Starmie has fulfilled his role on this team.

Considered Changes: Replaced Forreterss.

That Is my team! Thanks for reading, please give me any advice you can come up with to help me improve my team!

Last Look

Special Thanks to:
Shizzle

Current Desires:

Status blockers- Gengar, Salamence, Gyarados and even Scizor hate status. Unfortunately, the only pokemon that can take status moves(Mainly Burn and Paralysis), Is Swampert. Forretress dies to easily and everyone else has limited time slots to preform(So Gengar can take burn but will die even faster).

Choice scarf- Even though I have Scizor pegged as a revenge killer, outside of Gengar nothing can outspeed the likes of Zapdos, Starmie, Timid Rachi and Azelf.

Firstly, HP Fire doesnt work on a Scarf Gengar, it means that you have to predict him coming in, if you switch into Scizor, he will just BP you to death. Anyway, try this set on for size, its newish, but its actuall realy good, and can help with you defeating Gengar's common checks.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid - Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves:
~Pain Split
~Substitute
~Focus Blast
~Shadow Ball

You can beat/survive Scizor with this set if you set up a Substitute on the switch, and get an FB out before switching to Gyarados/Forry. If you want to use Scarf, use Shadow Ball/HPIce/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast

However I dislike Forry on this team. Yes a rapid spinner is very good for this team, but Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock with Gengar as a rapid spinner isn't working, something like Starmie could easily walk through Gengar and Rapid Spin/OHKO most of your team. So you could try running Rotom-H over Gengar. Keeping him isn't such a bad idea anyway, just use this set:

Forretress @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
Impish - Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Moves:
-Toxic Spikes / Spikes
-Payback
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake / Explosion

Thunderwave on a Dragon Dancing Gyarados is a bit of a waste really, why Twave when you can set up a Dragon Dance? I mean this is the bulky DD set, not just a big fat wall Gyarados. I recommend running Bounce if you dislike Taunt. It destroys pokemon such as Celebi, as well as giving an extra turn for LO recovery, the 30% paralysis is just a huge bonus. Although if you are running Spikes on Forry, try this set out.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Impish - Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Moves:
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Roar
-Waterfall

Pretty much so you can spam Roar and rack up the residual damage.
Good luck with the team.

Firstly, HP Fire doesnt work on a Scarf Gengar, it means that you have to predict him coming in, if you switch into Scizor, he will just BP you to death. Anyway, try this set on for size, its newish, but its actuall realy good, and can help with you defeating Gengar's common checks.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid - Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves:
~Pain Split
~Substitute
~Focus Blast
~Shadow Ball

You can beat/survive Scizor with this set if you set up a Substitute on the switch, and get an FB out before switching to Gyarados/Forry. If you want to use Scarf, use Shadow Ball/HPIce/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast

However I dislike Forry on this team. Yes a rapid spinner is very good for this team, but Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock with Gengar as a rapid spinner isn't working, something like Starmie could easily walk through Gengar and Rapid Spin/OHKO most of your team. So you could try running Rotom-H over Gengar. Keeping him isn't such a bad idea anyway, just use this set:

Forretress @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
Impish - Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Moves:
-Toxic Spikes / Spikes
-Payback
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake / Explosion

Thunderwave on a Dragon Dancing Gyarados is a bit of a waste really, why Twave when you can set up a Dragon Dance? I mean this is the bulky DD set, not just a big fat wall Gyarados. I recommend running Bounce if you dislike Taunt. It destroys pokemon such as Celebi, as well as giving an extra turn for LO recovery, the 30% paralysis is just a huge bonus. Although if you are running Spikes on Forry, try this set out.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Impish - Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Moves:
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Roar
-Waterfall

Pretty much so you can spam Roar and rack up the residual damage.
Good luck with the team.
Thank you for the rate! So Rotom-A over Gengar? I'll try that along with the Sub-split set. I'll look Into the new Forretress moveset as well.

Again, thank you for rating!

Not necessarily, its just that Gengar isn't that reliable as a spin blocker, as he is threatened by many of common spinners common moves. If you are using only 2 entry hazards, then you can go with Gengar, just try them both out.

I do suggest brick break for scizor, on the occasional dual screen set up. Which are recently common on rain dance teams.
Truly, pain split is a great choice specially with life orb.
I would say get rid of life orb for salamence. SR and sandstorm already put it down enough and I think you would want it surviving longer. maybe expert belt? don't choice it because then that defeats the purpose of it though. I just don't see it living long enough, my suicune could live two attacks and it'll give it enough time to ohko him.
I agree that SD lucario would be better but then you would lack a water move. if you would change him, you could replace one of the dragon moves of salamence with hydro pump?
You really need that last slot in your team, and setting up wouldn't be very helpful. Try trick scarf jirachi? it's a good revenge killer. you could also add a bulky/scarf slowking, fire blast, shadow ball, surf, psychic? Tbh, I'm getting these off the top of my head. :)

Btw, I think you need more special attack moves. Only one you got is gengar, and mixmence, and there are some pokes that are mostly eved in defence rather than spdef. I guess that's where slowking idea came from.

I`d like to see what kind of set you`ll be using if replacing Gengar for Rotom A.
I tried the Choice Specs, Choice Scarf one Rotom-H and my own Defensive set.
I found the moves Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Will-o-wisp and substitute did well. Of course i gave up on Rotom-A due to the fact this is mainly for Wifi and Rotom-A is pretty much banned from Wifi.

Bumped for two reasons. One I still think i can improve my team and two i may need a Salamence replacement due to the fact Mence might be flying to ubers sometime soon. Any advice?

Bumped for two reasons. One I still think i can improve my team and two i may need a Salamence replacement due to the fact Mence might be flying to ubers sometime soon. Any advice?
I'm not much of an expert but i'll try here. If salamence does end up moving to ubers and you really feel like you need a mence-like replacement, you could try the dd Dragonite set.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly - Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

or if you don't like the added bulkiness of dragonite and sacrificing coverage for instant healing you could replicate salamence's set.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Naive - Inner Focus
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 Spa / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

But I'm not sure how effective of a replacement it would be if you ran the same set (dragonite loses out on both speed, hp, and attack from the base stats of salamence).

Also, the metagame might change to reflect the absence of salamence...

Grr... I'm really torn.... I would love to say replace gyarados with a choice scarfed flygon... but now you have two pokemon with X4 ice weakness. But the advantages:
-speed tying and koing other +1 dragons
-another thunder wave immunity
-no sr weakness
-beats the speedier electric pokemon such as jolteon and zapdos

If you do, it would need to be be jolly with earthquake, stone edge, an elemental punch of choice, and/or outrage/dragon claw. U-turn could be used.

However this means 2 pokemon have deathly ice weaknesses. However, if this doesn't scare you off flygon might fix some problems.

Thanks for the rate guys!

I'm not much of an expert but i'll try here. If salamence does end up moving to ubers and you really feel like you need a mence-like replacement, you could try the dd Dragonite set.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly - Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

or if you don't like the added bulkiness of dragonite and sacrificing coverage for instant healing you could replicate salamence's set.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Naive - Inner Focus
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 Spa / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

But I'm not sure how effective of a replacement it would be if you ran the same set (dragonite loses out on both speed, hp, and attack from the base stats of salamence).

Also, the metagame might change to reflect the absence of salamence...
Well, even though Dragonite has similar typing Salamence's roll on this team is being a wall breaker. Dragonite is not much of a wall breaker.

Grr... I'm really torn.... I would love to say replace gyarados with a choice scarfed flygon... but now you have two pokemon with X4 ice weakness. But the advantages:
-speed tying and koing other +1 dragons
-another thunder wave immunity
-no sr weakness
-beats the speedier electric pokemon such as jolteon and zapdos

If you do, it would need to be be jolly with earthquake, stone edge, an elemental punch of choice, and/or outrage/dragon claw. U-turn could be used.

However this means 2 pokemon have deathly ice weaknesses. However, if this doesn't scare you off flygon might fix some problems.
Thank you for the Michurro. I did as you said and tried ScarfGon in replace of gyarados but the double 4x ice weakness is threatening with everyone and there mom carrying ice attacks on teams. I also miss the set up and sweep capability Gyarados has.

Keep up the rates guys this team is far from perfect.

*sigh* bump. This means either my team is made by god him self and destined to destroy or its so horrible that no body wants to look at something so dreadful and i should start from 0. So? Which one is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)