Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zdrup, take torchic as your starter NN it Kluck.
It can only know moves that are physical in that generation.
To evolve solo 3 gym leaders . One for Combusken and two for Blaziken.

Ok then, Drathos you get a Turtwig named Rincewind as your starter! It must be the highest level Pokemon at all times. You must solo at least 5 gym pokemon (including trainers) to evolve.

When you reach the Pokemon League, you must solo one of the Elite 4. To decide which it is, you must check the nature:

+Atk nature: Solo Cynthia
+Def nature: Solo Bertha
+SpAtk nature: Solo Lucian
+SpDef nature: Solo Aaron
+Spd nature: Solo Flint.

Ahhh sorry i didnt read, you get a Slugma NN FireStarter.
SR for one with Flame Body, must have Sunny Day, Fire Move, Fire Move ,Smog/Toxic/Yawn. Solo 2 Gym leaders main pokemon to evolve.

Sorry again!
EDIT: Ignore NN

@Drathos: Can you trade for evolution? If so, you get a Duskull.

If not, you get a Snorunt. I will edit the restrictions based on your answer

*EDIT* OK. Never mind all of that. Instead, you get Seaking nicknamed Seeker. He can travel on land cause he is a beast, but it takes a lot of energy because he keeps getting dried out. To prevent this, he needs Aqua ring to keep his skin wet. Once he has less then a quarter of his health though, all he can do is flop around, so once he is below 25%, all he can do is Flail. The final restriction is based on the Nature

Requirements
-Atk- Learn Surf. He is the only pokemon that can ever learn surf on your party
-Def- Substitute
-SpAtk- Waterfall. Keep Water Pulse until you have access to this move
-SpDef- Poison Jab and must solo Byron
-Spd-Supersonic
-Neutral- Cannot learn any non-HM moves other than the two above

@Drathos: Your last Pokemon will be a Bronzor. Restrictions shortly.

EDIT: Have a Bronzor named MirrorWall. It must learn and keep forever Reflect, Light Screen, and Iron Defense. Its last move is up to you, but you must learn it ASAP (you may have another move until you get the one you want). It must solo two Gym Leader Pokemon in order to evolve.

@zdrup: Take a Ralts. As a Ralts, it may only level up past Level 18 with the help of Rare Candies. As a Kirlia, it may only level up past Level 27 with the help of Rare Candies. As a Gardevoir, it must solo Wally's Gardevoir. It's pre-E4 maximum level depends on how many Pokemon in major battles (Rival, Wally, Team Leaders, Gym Leaders) it solos.

10: Level 36
15: Level 38
20: Level 40
30: Level 42
40+: Level 45

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Drathos has no water types...

So he gets Rage the Gyarados. It must know & keep Surf, Dragon Dance, & Ice Fang before the E4. Have it solo 6 Pokemon in the E4.

Have fun.

EDIT: Damn you Dummy007...

zdrup15 gets the first Swablu he finds in the wild. After catching it, he must immediately engage in another Wild Pokemon encounter, which give it Restrictions as follows...

• Swablu: Your Swablu thinks he's the king of the skies & must solo every Flying Type you encounter unless it conflicts with another challenge.
  • Lotad: Your Swablu must know & keep Mirror Move, Fly, Dragon Dance, & Earthquake. Get this before the E4 & have it solo 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.
  • Lombre: Your Swablu thing he has the best voice in the world, & as such, must know & keep Sing, & use it at least once in every Trainer battle it appears in.
  • Seviper: Your Swablu may not use any Physical attack in battle.
  • Nuzleaf: No Restrictions, as this has a 1% chance of happening...
Have fun. I'll edit it if you want me to.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In a challenge like this, is it permissible to keep an HM slave around if the 6 pokemon suggested for your team can't learn necessary ones? (ie Surf, Waterfall, Strongth, etc)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In a challenge like this, is it permissible to keep an HM slave around if the 6 pokemon suggested for your team can't learn necessary ones? (ie Surf, Waterfall, Strongth, etc)
Yes.

In case zdrup doesn't want Swablu, then he gets an Aron. If it has a Neutral, +Attack or +Defence nature, then it must know all physical moves, otherwise, it must know all Special moves.

Have fun. If you choose this one instead.

@Zdrup I think I counted less than 9... anyway if you have nine already disregard this.

Bring a Marril named Pikablue. Pikablue is INCREDIBLY jealous of Pikachu therefore it must know at least 3 moves that can be learned by a Pikachu or Raichu (Surf counts).

Also, Pikablue must be absent from at least 2 gyms (whole gym not just leader) that has no soloing requirement for the leader.

Ok, I have all 9 now!

I'll have Marill and Wingull right from the start, I'll catch Aron to have any chance of beating Watson and, after that, I'll have the most awesome Sandstorm team this thread ever saw!

With Cacturne, Flygon, Aggron, Skarmory and Magcargo, I'll be sure to abuse Spikes, Toxic and SS stall.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah, i keep forgetting abut that. It was done in LeafGreen but for all intents and purposes it was FR since I used a Vileplume.

]FIFTH UPDATE
Original Post

Updates 1 2 3 4

All the way to Clair. Are you ready for this?

Athenodoros's Gyarados: Magikarp that cannot learn Tackle or Bounce. Once evolved, it must learn Surf but not Thunder, Blizzard or Fire Blast. It must KO two of the Champion's Pokemon

Its_A_Randoms Miltank: Must know Body Slam, Substitute, and Milk Drink. Has to KO 150 pokemon, at least 1/10 owned by gym leaders by the Kanto's 8th gym. NN Milky Cow. (I didn't see that until the next post. I have changed the nickname)

Sprocket's Typhlosion: Must learn only Special Attacks. Cannot be used in a boss battle with a type advantage except Elite Four. Must KO one Dragonite of Lance. Can only evolve into a Quilava if taught the TM Flamethrower (lol Celadon city or 10k coins in Game Corner).

Texas Cloverleaf's Nidoqueen: Can only use Sheer Force boosted moves

auramaster's Crobat: May only know one move per type.

DetroitLolCat's Eevee: Must be Bill's eevee
Cannot learn Return, Quick Attack, Bite, Hidden Power, or Baton Pass as an eevee.
Cannot learn Mean Look, Taunt, Baton Pass, Wish, Yawn, Protect, Moonlight, Toxic, Substitute, Curse, Rest, Pursuit, Charm, or Confuse Ray as an Umbreon
Cannot learn Substitute, Psychic, Hidden Power, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Baton Pass, Signal Beam, Trick, Substitute, Bite, or Morning Sun as an Espeon

Yay, I now have an Umbreon. I then go to Team Rocket base and basically (no pun intended) solo the place with Miltank. I got close to the leader, but then my Rival shows up. Crap. Here we go, but he doesn’t battle me. Coward. Miltank pwns petrel, getting her close to 1/3 of the solo mark. I get the HM for Whirlpool and move on. Typhlosion soloes his way to Pryce, then the real battle begins. I send out Milky Cow to get 3 of the 15 solos out of the way

Pryce
Miltank vs. Seel: I sub, which takes the Icy Wind. Body Slam OHKO’s
Miltank vs. Piloswine: I focus, as blizzard breaks the sub. Focus Punch OHKO’s
Miltank vs. Dewgong: I sub and take the Aurora beam. I focus while aurora beam breaks the sub and I finish it with a Focus Pawnch.

1/3 of the soloes done 1/5 of boss battles. Boo-yah. Milky Cow is my most leveled Pokemon because up to this point, she soloed about 30 Pokemon. It’s crazy. MVP of this round for sure. I get the Rocket jersey and get berated by my rival as I try to infiltrate. Idiot. Anyway, into the tower I go. I beat Petrel easily with Gyarados. I go down into Goldenrod tunnel to the basement and guess who? My rival of course. He has gotten over his cowardice and decided to battle me. BRING IT ON!!!

Rival

Nidoqueen vs. Golbat: Thundebolt OHKO’s
Miltank vs. Feraligatr: I sub, which takes the incoming Thrash. I focus and punch while thrash breaks the sub. Body slam KO’s
Gyarados vs. Sneasel: Aqua Tail OHKO’s
Umbreon vs. Magnemite: I dig, avoiding a thunder wave and KO
Typhlosion vs. Haunter: Lava Plume OHKO’s

My rival, soundly defeated, leaves. I get about 10 calls from my mom, and get 10 different types of berries. Great…

I win my way through that, beat the admins and now to solo Archer with Typhlosion (this is a requirement)

Archer
Typhlosion vs. Houndour: Focus Blast misses. Faint attack does 15%. Double miss. 30% down with faint attack. Focus Blast OHKO’s. Goddang RNG
Typhlosion vs. Houndoom: Fail blast decides to hit and OHKO’s.
Typhlosion vs. Koffing: Flamethrower OHKO’s

I could’ve swept his team perfectly but got haxxed, so I took some damage, but easy wins and I got the Rainbow wing. Yay… I continue past Mahogany and start headbutting trees with Umbreon and catch a Heracross because they are beast. My new HM slave nicknamed Cross, I get through ice path and without any training, face Claire. I lead with Nidoqueen for some Ice Beam pwnage.

Claire- hardest boss battle yer
Nidoqueen vs. Gyarados: Dragon Rage does 25% while Thunderbolt KO’s.
Miltank vs. Kingdra: I substitute, but fades to a Hydro pump. I sub again and another Hydro Pump breaks it. Come on miss hax. I fail again. Milk Drink is canceled by a Dragon pulse. I body slam and paralyze but Hydro Pump finishes me off
Gyarados vs. Kingdra: Now My Gyarados comes out, armed with bite for some paraflinching awesomeness. Bite is negated by a Sitrus berry while Hyper beam(!!!) does only 33%. LOL. Two bites and another hyper beam. I finish while she recharges
Typhlosion vs. Dragonair: I focus blast while she thunder waves. She dragon pulses for 33% while I swift, missing the KO. She heals while I focus blast. Another Dragon pulse, but Flamethrower finished the match thanks to STAB+Blaze.
Nidoqueen vs. Dragonair: Ice Beam almost KO’s while her Aqua tail does 50%. I Flamethrower but she heals. Ice Beam leaves her with 1% left, but Aqua Tail KO’s. Crap.
Crobat vs. Dragonair: Leech Life for the match

This was my hardest Boss battle ever. Two pokemon down, one on 25% health, the other on 30% and paralyzed. I am going to hate the elite four. Anyway, I go to the move tutor to get Cross Poison on Crobat and head into Dragon’s Den. My DS dies. So I have to end it here

-Fuego the Typhlosion (Female)
Level 39
Moveset:
Focus Blast
Swift
Lava Plume
Flamethrower

-Kraken the Gyarados(Female)
Level 38
Moveset:
Surf
Waterfall
Bite
Ice Fang

-XeRxEn the Crobat(Male)
Level 24 *EDIT* of course my Crobat isn't level 24. He is currently level 38
Moveset:
Cross Poison
Fly
Confuse Ray
Bite

-Toxin the Nidoqueen
Level 39
Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
Bite

MVP. Boltbeam is just too schmexy to pass up

-Milky Cow the Miltank (66 soloes+ 3 gym)
Level 40
Moveset:
Focus Punch
Body Slam
Substitute
Milk Drink

-Luna the Umbron
Level 39
Moveset:
Faint Attack
Headbutt
Sand-Attack
Dig

Yeah... This is my LVP. Low base power+ underwhelming bulk= horrible. At least dig and headbutt are useful outside of battle.

You're telling me that the 5th restriction was to get rid of the Pikachu? >.<
I was considering it (The bit in zdrup's post was Copy-Pasted from the origanal document), but I was thinking of changing it just before you got the answer. See, was considering, I am a nice person!

Pikachu that must solo the rival's starter in Liliycove (I'll catch it in the Safari Zone xD) and can't use Iron Tail or Hidden Power (why would I use HP anyway?)
Oh... shoot.
/note to self: make a veriation of the Ash's Pikachu challenge on R/S/E. Or just get a new signature challenge/
Well, enjoy your MVP with pretty much NO challenges. BTW, I was banning HP because, you know, you actually might get good IV's?

Oh... shoot.
/note to self: make a veriation of the Ash's Pikachu challenge on R/S/E. Or just get a new signature challenge/
Well, enjoy your MVP with pretty much NO challenges. BTW, I was banning HP because, you know, you actually might get good IV's?
Nah, my MVP will probably be Flygon. I'm even thinking about using it for toxic stall in the League to make it harder.

zdrup15 you take Geodude, you cannot use Rock Smash to find it (has to be in Granite Cave on Dewford Island), if you accepted the Swablu. You may evolve it into Graveler if it faints 10 trained Pokémon (trained, not wild) with selfdestruct/explosion and may never evolve into Golem.

If you reject Swablu for Aron, instead take Poochyena from Route 101 (it has to be that route); it must solo Aqua grunt's Poochyena in Petalburg Woods as a Poochyena and Sidney's Mightyena as a Mightyena.

Or take the Pokémon that someone else offered you if they ninja'd me.

...Wait, I was ninja'd by vratix!

To recap zdrup15's Emerald challenge: 9 Pokémon, catch them the entire scramble, be creative, not too tough, no starters or Wurmple, no nicknames
1)Pikachu: Must solo rival's starter in Lilycove (caught in Safari Zone), can't use Iron Tail or Hidden Power
2)Pelipper: Must know as many HM's as possible ASAP (i.e. Surf/Fly), solo a gym leader and e4 member
3)Flygon: Must know three moves that Garchomp can learn by e4 (Sand Tomb, Dragon Claw, Dig, Return, Frustration, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, Strength, Rock Smash, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Sunny Day, Toxic, Protect, Outrage)
4)Cacturne: Must know Sandstorm, only one STAB
5)Skarmory: Must have three non-damaging moves ASAP, have Spikes by e4, must solo 3 of Drake's Pokemon
6)Magcargo: Must have Flame Body, know Sunny Day, one of Smog/Toxic/Yawn, and two Fire moves, solo 2 gym leaders' main Pokemon to evolve
7)Gardevoir: Must accept Rare Candies past Level 18 as Ralts, 27 as Kirlia; must solo Wally's Gardevoir as Gardevoir, max level pre-e4 depends on how many Pokemon in major battles (rival, Wally, Team leaders, gym leaders) it solos: 10+=36, 15+=38, 20+=40, 30+=42, 40+=45
8)Aggron: Must use physical attacks if it has a neutral, +Attack, or +Defense nature, no physical attacks otherwise
9)Azumarill: Must have 3 moves that Pikachu or Raichu learns, Surf counts
-Will have Marill and Wingull from the start (possibly Ralts), catch Aron to have any chance at Wattson, then the most awesome SS team this thread ever saw, with Cacturne/Flygon/Aggron/Skarmory/Magcargo, will be sure to abuse Spikes/Toxic/SS stall (aside the required solos of Pikachu on rival's starter in Lilycove, Gardevoir on Wally's Gardevoir, and Pelipper on a gym leader/e4 member)

Nah, my MVP will probably be Flygon. I'm even thinking about using it for toxic stall in the League to make it harder.
Alright, enjoy your easiest challenge then.

Recap: It has to solo one pokemon, and it may never learn two moves, one meh, one that may be ok, but it'll probably be crappy, as ingame likes to be...ingame.

Don't worry, I'm already thinking about making this team my introduction to stall. I've built a stall team but never used it to much success so I'll start with this and maybe I'll like the playstyle

Fine. I will alter it slightly. You now have to use all four moves from the list. Additionally, each move comes with a pair that you must have with it. Each pair will be useful and serve a purpose

Stall: Dig+Protect
Residual: Toxic+Sand Tomb
Weather: Sandstorm+Sunny Day
HM: Strength+Rock Smash
Happiness: Return+Frustration
Effect moves: Fire Blast+Rock Tomb
Random: Substitute+Double Team

You cannot use Outrage and Earthquake on the same set. Choosing either of these moves results in taking Rest as the last moveslot. Have fun with the new restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)