The Second Official Create-A-Pokemon Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it alright if I start this tournament? I talked to Earthworm already and he said he'd approve, now I just wanted to make sure that the community members approve of the tournament. If you have any comments or concerns feel free to post in this thread.

- I planned on this being a 64-128 man tournament, depending on how many people want to participate. 64 will be the starting number.

- I figure this will be a good way to advertise the server a bit, and give people some incentive to learn this metagame.

- I was thinking maybe putting a limit on the Created Pokemon being used so that people unfamiliar to the metagame don't get overwhelmed by a team of 6 created pokemon. I think 2-3 per team seems like a fairly reasonable number.

SoT

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By the time Sign Up's are completed I'm sure it'll be close to being settled. And with everyone practicing for the first round we'll have an extended deadline for the first round. That's what I thought at least.

Also, Tennisace and Magmortified, would you guys be willing to help out with this?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering how long till someone picked up this idea again, yes please go for it.

However IMO the limit to how many CaPs per team is not a good idea, we had a massive PR thing (CaP Clause) about it for ladder a while ago and it was dismissed. People can adapt to as many CaPs as you can use. It will just make the less common CaPs even rarer.

Awrgh, all the sitewide tournaments hold like 10 people and fill up in three minutes, whereas CAP's tournament has so many? In my opinon, the number's a bit high...but I think we could do it. As for the limit of CAP Pokemon, 3 is the most I think is really viable on any given team for maximum effectiveness.

I just started on the CAP server with Kit, but I think I should be able to get a hang of some other Caps by the time the tournament comes by.

And hey guys, I finally registered for here! :D

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think it is about time that we have another one of these tournaments, but I think we should keep it on hold until Kitsunoh playtesting ends (which is a little less than a week from now).

I also oppose putting a limitation on the number of CAP pokemon being allowed in the tournament. Really, this is a tournament, and I think familiarizing oneself with the 7 CAP pokemon is a skill that should be rewarded by this tournament.

SoT

Alright, so then I'll hold off until the playtesting ends. Do you guys have any other comments/concerns about this?

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That cap sounds about right....A 64 person tournament is a lot tougher to keep track of than you'd think lol.

Also, I don't see the point on putting a limit on the number of CAP Pokemon per team. They were designed with game balance in mind. Why would someone even join this tournament if they had no idea what the CAP Pokemon were?

It sounds good to me. Also, I think that having at least 1 CAP poke would be good to promote the CAP metagame. Also, replying to jrrrrrr's post above, people shouldn't really join the tournament if they didn't know what CAP pokemon were.

SoT

The last one had a ton of people participating in it, I think that had 128, if I'm not mistaken, so that's why I said 64 or 128. Also, since most oppose the CaP pokemon limit, that ideas a no-go. Thanks for feedback!

SoT

If anything I think the limit would be 3. 1/2 a team seems like a good enough reason, but as others stated above, some of the less seen CaP's would probably be seen even less through the course of the tournament.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Darkie and I had clearance to run this after you left, so if you're going to be back we're willing to help out. 64 sounds like a good number, it's what we had last time and I doubt we'll get 128.

Also I think that a limit is totally stupid, since the whole point of playing in the CAP metagame is to play in the CAP metagame on the ladder. Unless you want to use the testing period metagame, use an unlimited number of CAPs. In reality people who use all CAPs are at a disadvantage to people who don't. All the information necessary is in one thread which is stickied, and people in the know are totally willing to answer any and all questions pertaining to the metagame.

I'm glad we're gonna being having one of these again. I entered the first one and didn't get to participate because i didn't show(damn internet connections). This might be my second chance to take part in it.

I support this idea. We havn't had one in a while.

I'm totally in this. But, make the rule 0-2/3 caps. What if nobody wants to use them? Or is it a must?

Questions

1. Double Elimination?
2. Can we wait 1-2 weeks after playtesting (to further test CAP pokes against Kits)
3. Best of 3?

SoT

1) Single Elim
2) We'll see, not sure yet.
3) Between you and your opponent, if you want to Bo3 of it, nothing stopping you.

Okay, the only problem I have with Single Elim is the fact that you can lose to hax, which is unpreventable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)