The Smogon Factor - Round 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

THE SMOGON FACTOR

Round 3 ~ Free Selection!
Hosted by jumpluff and Ace Matador

Congratulations to all those who have managed to progress to round 3 of this competition! This round will be free selection. You are welcome to submit any song of any genre, in any language and of any time period so long as it is not a song you have performed in a previous round.

It is suggested you post reserving a song quickly as this round each player must submit a unique entry. You have 10 days to record, this round will end on the 21st of June (time to be confirmed).

All recordings are to be either sent to Jumpluff or myself, or if you choose to upload to your own Youtube channel, please label the video as follows:
R3: Username - Name of song and post with the link in this thread.

The users who made it through to this round are as follows:

~~~~~~~~~~DRUM ROLL~~~~~~~~~~~

With 40 votes: Lonelyness
With 38 votes: DM
With 37 votes: SevenDeadlySins
With 35 votes: Kinneas
With 33 votes: Godudette
Also with 33 votes: PHILIP6075
With 27 votes: 6A9 Ace Matador
With 24 votes: Justinawe

List of song choices so far:

Ace Matador - Baby by Justin Bieber

List of entrys so far:

Remember, get your entrys done by the 21st of June!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, because free selection is probably the gayest thing you could have possibly done.

Let's self impose a GOOD genre restriction on ourselves and go with something like Rap/Pop.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I also think having some restriction would be good. I'd be fine with pop/rap self-restriction if not. I'll throw something together before I go off to new orleans.

andrea

/me cresselias
Okay so like I'm totally on vacation with my family til the 21st. So expect my song last minute unless I get lucky and find a way to upload to the internet =P thank goodness for internet enabled cell phones!

I'm not gonna reserve a song cause I imagine I won't have the same choice as any of you guys, unless one of you decide to randomly do a Carrie Underwood song lol.

Are you seriously trying to pretend you deserved them? Your advancing is the most farcical voting result since Bush > Gore.
The Smogon Factor: Serious fucking business to CK. At least I didn't submit arguably the worst submission in the entire tournament and try to justify it with the "first take for humor's sake" card when it wasn't funny whatsoever.

Also, I really can't tell you if people are voting for me because they like my submission or just because they're my friends (probably the latter), but in a system like this, how do you expect winners will be determined? "Don't hate the player, hate the game".

It is not serious business to me. It is factual that you are getting votes that have nothing to do with your submissions, whether it is from alts, wifi idiots, or whatever. Admittedly I misread your statement a little - I took it as more arrogant, when you were just telling Da Letter El what happened after all I guess!

It is not serious business to me. It is factual that you are getting votes that have nothing to do with your submissions, whether it is from alts, wifi idiots, or whatever. Admittedly I misread your statement a little - I took it as more arrogant, when you were just telling Da Letter El what happened after all I guess!
I actually wasn't telling Da Letter El what happened, I was letting Ace Matador know because he didn't initially include me in the list of people who qualified for this round. I'm not trying to be arrogant at all, I'm just doing this for fun -__-

Awww c'mon guys, don't fight. Leeeeettt'ssss ssssttaaayyyyyy toogeettthhhheerrrrr!!!

On a side note, I will PAY someone to sing Country Grammar by Nelly.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
After everything that has happened, you're really going to pick out that one event as the most farcical? Bitch please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)