The Top 10 Titans of the 5th Gen NU Metagame [General Discussion]

Magmortar was NU for more stages than Scolipede (5 as opposed to 4)
Ah, I thought it was gone far longer (since Stage 2 or something), since I joined Showdown during Stage 6, and rarely, if ever, heard about Magmortar being NU until this thread (hell, I even thought Emboar had always been the main Fire-type of NU).

But yes, I have zero knowledge about Magmortar in NU, bar that it has never been NU while I was around, and I admit it looks very threatening even with very little support.

going with Musharna, she has been consistently good since the very beginning. The hail metas suck for her, but she was a top Pokemon in every other metagame (except stage 0 but that isnt real NU imo). Magmortar and Scolipede are great, but they don't have the longevity that Musharna has.

I think the best decision is to just wait and abstain my votes until magmortar is placed, because i know it deserves a spot around this area and I truly have no experience using it whatsoever, so my vote might just mess up the accuracy of the list. In order to get the most accurate list, people who have experience with it should get it the right spot. I will join in later when it is placed because I am familiar with the rest :)

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Musharna

One does not simply OHKO a Musharna. Having reliable recovery and both strong offensive presence and support options only really sweetens the deal, and it can counter a horde of threats simply by just being there. It's been one of the most dominant forces in the tier for a long time.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Musharna

Super bulky and reliable, and it can adapt to most metas and still be successful. (It was still good in Hail meta, but not as good as it could be) Capable of being a great wall, cleric, or CM sweeper (Potentially all at once too with the CM Heal Bell set) means that it can potentially surprise you with its set. Expect CM Signal Beam so you go to Skunk, then you get Twave'd and it Baton Passes out. etc

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Number two is a difficult one between Magmortar and Musharna for me. The main problem is that I don't have much experience with Magmortar. Not sure if he was NU here while I was still on PO (I think it was), but regardless, the lack of experience with it makes this hard. I understand just how difficult it was to handle Magmortar, but I think that Musharna's consistently high performance throughout the history of NU makes it more of a titan than Magmortar. In a vacuum, if I had to compare the two side by side, I would easily pick Magmortar. But this is the Top 10 Titans of BW NU, and Musharna has been around and dominating since the beginning, and it ultimately gets my vote.

Musharna

Scolipede - 6
Sawk - 1
Musharna - 9
Magmortar - 8

The #2 most influential Pokemon of 5th gen NU is Musharna!
will update this when skylight finishes updating her musharna post
It's now time to vote for #3! You can choose from:

Sawk / Scolipede / Cinccino / Samurott / Amoonguss / Emboar / Magmortar / Absol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)