The Ubers Open I - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It’s finally time for the most anticipated tournament of the year, the Ubers Open. Good luck to everybody as we begin our journey to find out who can harness the true biblical power of the Leviathan, Kyogre, and the Behemoth, Groudon. Remember: the only things bigger than Uber Pokemon are the penises of Ubers players.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard BW2 Ubers
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Ubers ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown (lol)
  • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round (lol)
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kinds of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose; simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Round 1 Matchups:
Apologies to that one unlucky soul who had to be randomly dropped to get us down to 192. You will be the first sub.

H-C vs T-Dogg
DarkLoïc vs Froggy
Raseri vs Novaray
mostwanted vs Jets
Orichalcos Owl vs Pidge
Omicron vs Cherub Agent
Iceydude168 vs A l e x a n d e r
Hantsuki vs sandshrewz
Metroid78 vs FLCL
TrollFreak vs Master Flash
mfhoundoom vs Steven Snype
NidokingKing vs UberShinyAbs0l
Wobbanaut vs ThatsMyLatios
undisputed vs Meh
Metal Bagon vs Marshall.Law
ThisMysteriousGuy vs Oligopoly
kuja20 vs Malekith
Leftiez vs TheMexican
HSA vs Colonel M
Twannes vs Mattster
DittoCrow vs Pokémon Trainer R
Rydro vs davidness
Dark Death vs Euler
Arc Tech vs JaggerJack
Cicada vs Alex Walls
DC. vs iss
MarceloDK vs speriend
Lavos Spawn vs Incon
blarajan vs Go10
Lohgock vs Expert Physics
soviet vs Nachos
Thatsjustpeachy vs Kiyo
CheezitKing vs DestinyUnknown
LonelyNess vs Rockhp31
Harsha vs pi face
barry4ever vs Django
B-Lulz vs FelixMinamimoto
fatty vs Blackjack
Pedrock vs DrMohammadLi
Jirachi vs Blue Eon
[K-12] The Madchine vs Maxou
SilentVerse vs Aqualouis
McMeghan vs askaninjask
Blue_Blur vs Asek
The Kyle vs Sir
Giga Punch vs Zebraiken
Furai vs papai noel
MMF vs Light The Thunder
BKC vs Splendiferous
Ginku vs Alice
Kennen vs Myzozoa
Foster vs Master of the Six Kings
ShakeItUp vs shrang
idiotfrommars vs xThunderBirdx
viashinomage vs Hawkstar
Bloo vs Jimbon
Hangover vs llvallejoll
kokoloko vs -Manu-
doublenikesocks vs Amell
Blightbringer vs Focus
AuraRayquaza vs Friar
kd24 vs CrashinBoomBang
kyu4bi vs Ignis
Xx Coren37 vs JabbaTheGriffin
Shining Latios vs Seafunks
Vinc2612 vs Philip7086
Hill vs complete legitimacy
xenu vs -Mind-
Dr Ciel vs Pesadilla
Iconic vs Tyranitarphantom
Zephir vs Chieliee
Seco453 vs emirinho
Annoyer vs SethZiBritannia
SoulWind vs Mew
Pocket vs Brotom
W_M vs pokebasket
Ningildo vs MikeDecIsHere
Morpheus vs CHENN
Tobes vs Texas Cloverleaf
-Rockstar- vs Nelson-X
.Robert vs The Immortal
vonFiedler vs WhiteQueen
Private vs IceCarAdler
Blim vs Eo Ut Mortus
CS4m vs syrim
RenegadeKingShawn vs Meridian
ballabrown24 vs Eraddd
TPO3 vs Level 51
Pkrs vs Double01
xtrashine vs locopoke
Fiction. vs shartruce2
Heist vs HellPowna
Melee Mewtwo vs AB2
Cristal vs JLance
cescken vs rairyan
Brap vs Ciele

Highlight Matches

soviet vs Nachos

To the uninitiated, this may not seem like a highlight match. However, soviet, also known as ban nattorei, is hot off a win in the massive BW Ubers Tournament with an upset over Hugendugen. This establishes soviet as an up-and-coming, but his opponent is no slouch either. Nachos has been a tutor for so long that he’s greying in the badges, and he’s definitely established his ability in OU. Will Nachos defeat soviet with his sage tutoring wisdom or will soviet continue on his hot streak?

Harsha vs pi face

Harsha, best known for his collection of either trippy or puppy avatars, has himself a tough battle this round. He’ll need to harness all of his accrued knowledge of C&C Pokemon to match wits with new SPL Ubers legend pi face, who went 9-1-1 and was a major force behind the win of the Alpha Ruiners. Only time will tell whether or not Harsha will be able to pose a serious threat to pi face, but, in any case, he’ll probably have to change his pants first after reading this thread.

Giga Punch vs Zebraiken

Here is a battle between the old school and new school Smogon populations. Having been around since almost the very beginning, Giga Punch has established his name well as an elite battler after besting the competition in the 5th Smogon Tour. Zebraiken, on the other hand, hasn’t even been around for a year, but he’s quickly rose through the ranks to be the head of the NU metagame. Can Zebraiken translate NU skill into Ubers prowess, or will Giga Punch defeat him with the power of his pink pixels?

ShakeItUp vs shrang

Here to revolutionize the Ubers metagame by putting Hidden Power Fire on everything is ShakeItUp, the mastermind behind ShakeItUp Deoxys-D, ShakeItUp Gliscor, and ShakeItUp Haxing. His opponent is shrang, whose main claim to fame is being Snunch's first ever tournament victory. Those following the latest C&C scoop will know that there is bad blood between these two: rumor has it that shrang was decrying DeoxysItUp before he decided that Protect Politoed was an even bigger threat to the quality of the OU metagame. Will shrang prove that his standard rules, or will his opponent Shake It Up? ~Eo Ut Mortus

kd24 vs CrashinBoomBang

cbb knows as much about Ubers as he does about sobriety. We can only hope his attempts to find his footing in this tier will prove more fruitful than his attempts to find his footing after 9 o'clock. kd24, on the other hand, is known within the tournament scene as "free activity win." While he'd have to exercise only a minimal amount of effort to win, it seems impossible given his pitiful record. Will kd24 man up and show us a flash of his DPP Ubers dominance, or will he john up and lose to the rising threat, cbb? ~Eo Ut Mortus

Heist vs HellPowna

In this clash of Ocenia and Italy starters, we have multiple tournament winners, 2 years undefeated World Cup OCN member Heist and on the other hand there's Haunter's beloved Hellpowna. Will Haunter's team building prowess guide Hellpowna to the ultimate victory over Heist or will Italy be taking another early exit? ~mostwanted

Substitutes

Deadline is 10 days from this post, August 27th. This is a strict deadline in order to get the ball rolling on NU. I will be making subs within 6 days if there is no contact between opponents. I’m going to be extremely annoying as a host to get you guys to play your matches. I am not afraid to publicly shame you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)