The Year Old Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
tl;dr should i keep or reset, scroll to the end

for those of you kind enough to read;

My phone goes off. It's 12:30 AM and it's now Friday. It's a text message.

wanna go to the darkrai event 2moro wit me?

Well, I wasn't really planning on going, but sure, why not? Get me a nice Darkrai, maybe it'll serve me when I start playing Pokemon again (come on Platinum...).

I'm thinking, well, we'll both get a shot at a good Darkrai...maybe one of us gets lucky or we both end up with scrap-quality Darkrai...it is a direct download isn't it? I ask my internet buddies and they tell me it'll be a Mart guy kind of deal.

So AWESOME we get to soft reset for it! Not that I'll have the patience to follow through after a few hours...

WAIT FUCK

I NEVER HATCHED THAT MANAPHY EGG

I spent about a month on and off of SRing for that damn 99% (i think) water body bastard and finally gave up and forgot about it...

So I should probably spend all of today SRing for that Manaphy...I mean, I don't want to waste those $30 I spent on Ranger. :\

Well okay, I begin and it's around 6:30 AM. Stayed up all night doing various things...I whip out my old Camerupt and fly to Solaceon Town (I always liked the idea of hatching Manaphy there).

I walk up to the old man, check that I have plenty of Rare Candies...okay ready to go. I talk to the man...

FUCK ugh

oh shit that's right, he doesn't give you an option and just...gives you the egg.

I go through the preparation process once again, SAVE, and talk to the dude. Awwww my only widdle egg...I've only seen about 5,000 of those before. Well, as I mount my bike, I think about the odds and such...it's all about doing it enough times that the odds finally work in your favor, and you get that ungodly combination of nature and IVs. You never expect to get anything good on your 1st or 2nd or 32nd or 154th time...you just keep doing it until it happens...

OH HEY what do you know, Timid nature! One of the two I'm really looking for (the other is Calm). Well, might as well whip out the Rare Candies...

Huh. Well what do you know...

Timid #490 Manaphy: 10 - 11 / 10 - 11 / 10 - 11 / 17 - 18 / 28 / 29

It's borderline......ugh what a story it would be to say it was my first SR in almost a year! But perhaps I could do better...and it's not like I'm crying to myself in boredom and agony yet.

So, what do you think? Should I (we) decide to reset, I'll use this to keep status throughout the day as I hope to get something decent before DARKRAI tomorrow!

ya reset man joo need da best ivs

Eh, I wouldn't waste anymore time on it, seeing as there are people who SR'd better Manaphies out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)