ORAS UU This Is Absolution -- UU RMT

ignore the title i'm listening to killswitch

So I've always had a more offensive leaning in my teams. This is my attempt to make a more viable UU team, since the ones in the past had a good deal of issues with high-rated mons. So here's a better setup with adaptations from the last few teams I ran.

Spartan-A239 (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Trick
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

This is a more or less typical Porygon-Z. Max Speed with Timid to get a leg up on slower things, trick to cripple stallteams. Mostly Blissey, Umbreon, and Chesnaught because they all annoy me. Dark Pulse to hit Ghosts where Tri fails, and Ice Beam because dragons. There's not much to Porygon-Z, really, just more of a suicide lead and wallbreaker.

Spartan-A259 (Entei) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head

This is where I used to run Arcanine, but Entei is just doing so much better. It might not be as bulky, but it's still pretty quick anyways. I tried running Jolly, but sadly I can't because of whatever move makes it prohibited. Sacred Fire with Flame Plate to make it look like it's banded, lure some unsuspecting sap in, then slam it with Stone Edge or Iron Head. Former works well on opposing Enteis or Flying types, Iron Head for Fairies, the occasional Rock or Ice-type that wants to switch in. And ESpeed to just drop something with low health quick.

Spartan-B320 (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 124 Def / 160 SpA / 96 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover

Celebi didn't change from the last RMT in terms of moves, and the EVs barely changed too. This is essentially a 'I'm going to drain your health and there's nothing you can do about it' set. It's reasonably bulky and can take most shots, though it's typing hates U-Turns. Nasty Plot to jump on the switch-ins and get a psychic off in the next turn at full health. If it's low, Recover to boost itself back to health. Of course there's Natural Cure, too.

Spartan-A052 (Haxorus) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab

Haxorus is a fun little dragon to use, mostly because it's so quick. EVs are the on-site suggested, but it patches up the bad SpD while leaving a decent bit of speed. Earthquake and Outrage are given, two pretty powerful moves that hit next to everything together. Dragon Claw for spammable things without the lock-in, and Poison Jab to hit Fairies. I deal with them enough, and it gets to be a pain when you have to chip off health.

Spartan-B312 (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Typical Lucario set. Espeed for priority, Iron Tail to hit fairies/other things that like resisting the former. Close Combat because Stab is good on this big guy, and Swords Dance because if I get this thing off on a switch, there is next to nothing that will say 'please hit me again'. It'll probably be dead by then.

Spartan-A266 (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Max health + Max SpA Tailwind Cune. I know it's an oddity, but I actually like using this because it patches up it's own bad speed and helps slower members speed up and has a chance with CM up to actually do decent damage to almost anything. It might not OHKO, but it'll come back for more if you punch it a few times and it's the only really decent thing for a tank on here.

That's it, I might make a few changes later.

Last edited:
Hey Kodi, gonna be honest your team just looks really mindless, in that it looks like you picked 6 random offensive mons. For one thing, you don't have a scarfer on offense which is pretty essential to revenge kill even if you do have 2 priority users and TW support. Also, you don't have a Stealth Rocker either which may not seem like too big of a deal, but rocks really help you ensure KO's on certain mons. I'll try to help you change some stuff to fit these roles into your team and help with its overall effectiveness.
  • Something nice to add to your team since you don't have a mega yet is Stealth Rock Mega Dactyl. Aero gives you a really nice non scarf revenge killer with Rocks support as well. It's also a really good bird check as well thanks to its rock typing. You'd probably want to replace one of your physical attackers, probably Haxorus.
  • I think that Scarf Hydreigon could fit on your team to give it that dragon typing you lost from Haxorus. Great revenge killer and momentum gainer with U turn.
  • Since I replaced both you wall breakers you'd probably wanna swap to Band Entei so that you have one and also have Flare Blitz over Iron Head. All Iron Head hits that your other moves don't is rock types which are pretty rare in the tier so having another Fire STAB to fall back on after Sacred Fire runs out of PP is really useful. I know you like the surprise factor of Flame Plate, but I think that with 2 wallbreakers gone you're gonna need a band on this.
  • I also recommend running some speed on your cune, at least 104 so you can ouspeed Scarf Shao after a TW boost.
  • An alternative Stealth Rocker you could use is Forry, since it sets up rocks and spins while also gives you momentum with VS.
Hope I helped!

Last edited:
im gonna have to argue with the point on needing a scarfer Hairy Toenail. i believe having tw and 2 forms of priority is plenty to not worry about a mon that is pointlessly locking itself into a move 90% of the time, as jjoshcja would put it.

he brought this team into the uu chat and was asking for some advice. i was thinking the team was alright outside of the fact that he gets outright popped by scarfshao. i was thinking offensive/defensive nidoqueen or maybe gligar over celebi as his team has plentiful wincons in specs pz, banded haxo, and sd luke. this would also hive him a much more reliable fighting check, and he has cune's solid bulk and two forms of strong priority to fall back on for scarf shao if need be.

i think i also said that nasty plot over ice beam on pz could be real as hell, as i got the idea from sbb

I actually ran a team without Celebi, just a five-man team, and I was actually considering using Nido over Celebi because all that little guy does is switch in and either Giga or get dropped by a u-turn. So that's that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)