Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 156 SAtk / 100 Atk
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Ladies and Gentlemen, you are looking at a Mixed Defog interceptor. He is expected to have Prankster, but Defiant catches them off guard, potentially resulting in a big mini sweep. 100 Atk is used for T-Tar. And he is awesome at what he does.

Please, let me point this out:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Ladies and Gentlemen, you are looking at a Mixed Defog interceptor. He is expected to have Prankster, but Defiant catches them off guard, potentially resulting in a big mini sweep. 100 Atk is used for T-Tar. And he is awesome at what he does.
This is a great set, I was going to post something similar myself, but instead I'd just like to mention that Grass Knot and HP Flying are also very viable choices as a last move, depending on the type of coverage your team needs.

Also, I'm not sure why you need 100 attack for t-tar.

0 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tyranitar: 380-447 (94 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

If anything, I'd run 80 attack to guarantee a OHKO on latios after stealth rock damage. Just a small nitpick, really.

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi,
I have an nice moveset for thunderous i use this movesets
Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Thunderbolt is Good move generally used on thunderus
Hp Ice this is used to Kill most of dragon types or sometimes Ground type
Nasty plot When i predict my opp switching i use Nasty plot
Thunder Wave i use it generally to break Sweep

Leftovers I use this because i dont find any other good Item before i used to use life Orb but its bad just when my opp keeps stealth Rock it gets more damage so its not good item

Please, let me point this out:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
It looks like a pretty nice set at first glance, but I'm dubious of its ability as a defog interceptor. A team that runs defog in the first place is either stealth rock weak or hazard weak in general such as a team with a volt turn core (which also likely use rapid spin rather than defog since those sort of teams heavily force switches and benefit most from their own hazards). On top of that you need to lay down hazards to coax them to sue defog as well, and getting rid of the hazards you put up is counter intuitive to facilitating a sweep. Because defiant is the lesser used ability Thundurus is assumed not to have you don't prevent defog via fear of activating it like you do with bisharp either. Despite Thundurus' speed and power it's prone to being revenge killed by scarves so he himself can't often sweep even with the +2, especially since you have to decrease his Spatk EVs.

Of course, since I've only seen the set on paper I may be entirely wrong, and I'll probably test it myself after this. If +2 Thundurus is an exceptional enough wallbreaker that a follow up sweeper or cleaner can do its job without hazards this set is sound. I'm simply skeptical that allowing your own hazards to be removed for the sake of a swords dance boost is entirely worth it when you could set up a nasty plot or use priority T-wave to wallbreak or assist a sweeper instead.

ey, anyone ever tried out Zap Plate on this thing?

Worked out nicely for me w/ Volt Switch shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)