Tidal Wave (Peaked #1)

Tidal Wave

This team has laddered it self all the way up to #1 in DW ubers, for me the final version of the team only has had one lose because i terribley misplayed with it. This is my first RMT so please excuse me if I'm not that good at it.

Team progress (sorry about no pictures):
Giratina
Tentacruel
I always liked the core of ferrothorn, giratina, and tentacruel. But for this team i wanted to see how a core with only giratina and tentacruel would work.

Giratina
Tentacruel
Ditto
I heard that Ditto is just amazing in all ways possible great revenge killer and more. So he was pretty much the reason i wanted to try out DW tiers, but in DW ubers there are so much Dragons so i could really abuse a revenge kill agianst them, also it allows my opponent to set up and me abuse that by copying all the stat boosts.

Giratina
Tentacruel
Ditto
Kyogre
Zekrom
I really needed a way to have recovery for tentacruel so i added kyogre. Then for a physical pokemon i added a sub Zekrom to try it out, it looked good on the screen but then i saw i didnt have a lead pokemon, so i knew what my sixth slot would be.​

Deoxys-S
Kyogre
Zekrom
Giratina
Tentacruel
Ditto
I added Deoxys-S just because i feel like its the fastest lead out there that can guarentee me at least two hazards with a sash. After a while i found that zekrom was getting walled a lot, and if i swept my opponents team it was either with a LO kyogre which didn't feel right to me or Ditto which had to wait for my opponent to set up with like an arceus or something of the sorts.

Deoxys-S
Kyogre
Giratina
Tentacruel
Arceus
Ditto
So after testing i switched LO Kyogre into a Scarf Kyogre, which tested a lot better in my eyes. And i also took out Zekrom and switched it to Probley the best Physical Sweeper in the ubers metagame Arceus. This team tested well but after a few more battles and a little calcing, i figured out a lead Darkrai verses my lead deoxys-S equals im the one whos gonna get swept.

Final Form:
Deoxys-A
Kyogre
Giratina
Tentacruel
Arceus
Ditto
After a lot of testing, a lot of calcing, and a lot of laddering i found it Deoxys-A was my answer to my lead Darkrai problem. He is still a great lead with hazards but can also 1HKO darkrai with superpower. This is probley not even near the final version. If you guys can help with anything your noticing tell me. So here it is a Closer look on the team.

Changes in Red

Lead:
Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash​
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 140 Atk / 116 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock- most amazing hazard in the game of course kills opposing Ho-ohs and weakens most enemys kills sashes and more an all around great move to have
- Spikes- this is your secondary objective with this pokemon first SR then this or if they have about half their team with steel types then 2 spikes> Stealth rock, 1 spikes
- Superpower- to take down opposing darkrai, hurt blisseys and an opposing threat
- Shadow Ball- The main reason is to kill opposing Deoxys leads

Rain Support/Special Sweeper
Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Water Spout- Main sweeping move of the moveset kills most pokemon in one hit but the main priority for this guy is to keep away from priority users and to keep at full health
- Surf- Another move besides Water spout and this ones relieable after water spout goes down
- Thunder- For killing opposing Kyogres and more
- Ice Beam- For dragon pokemon that just wont die off already

Physical Wall/Phazer
Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roar(Recommanded by Puregenius)- A phazer move for the team with all the hazards your setting up this is bound to put your opponent in a rut(also gets around sub that's why Roar>Dragon Tail)
- Will-O-Wisp- Making arceus and more physical users on your opponents team useless, since more priority users are physical this helps kyogre stay healthy a lot of the time
- Rest- His only recovery more and sometimes this is even better then reliable recovery, just because of Sleep talk
- Sleep Talk- Use when your asleep enough said

Special Wall/Spinner/Toxic Spikes set up
Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald- 30% burn same reason as will-o-wisp
- Rapid Spin- this is prolbey the reason i picked this over ferrothorn because if your opponent put up a lot of hazards your kyogre wont be reliable.
- Toxic Spikes- just for more hazard support mostly put of 0-1 of this i rarely put up 2 layers of this
- Protect- More recovery stall and easy to scout move sets with this

Physical Sweeper
Arceus @ Leftovers
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance- Main set up move its only physical set up move at all
- ExtremeSpeed- Its STAB priority what could be better then that.
- Earthquake- To kill opposing Ferrothorns and more if needed
- Shadow Claw- Killing Ghost Arceus, Mewtwo, Giratina, ETC.

Revenge Killer
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter- Its Dream World
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Transform- Never use this
When your Putting this pokemon together remeber to have the IVs like this
IV:
HP:30
ATK:31
DEF:30
SpATK:31
SpDEF:31
SPE:31
so that now when ever you copy Hidden Power off a pokemon it will become Hidden Power Ice

If you have any questions, any better ideas for pokemon, or anything else please ask, and sorry if i mispelled anything i did this RMT late at night.:)

I don't think a threat list is that necessary for this team because there are no real big threats to it but if you guys really want me to make one then tell me and I'll try.

roar on giratina, it's almost always better due to phasers

while eq is nice as it has a good chance to ohko support dialga after a swords dance, it leaves u extremely vulnerable to skarmory (ferrothorn is 2hko'ed regardless or which move u pick)

i dont like to suggest new team members as its ur team and u dont need some stranger stepping all over it

roar on giratina, it's almost always better due to phasers

while eq is nice as it has a good chance to ohko support dialga after a swords dance, it leaves u extremely vulnerable to skarmory (ferrothorn is 2hko'ed regardless or which move u pick)

i dont like to suggest new team members as its ur team and u dont need some stranger stepping all over it
thank you for the tips roar on giratina does seem better but i have yet to see a skarmory agianst my arceus anyways arceus isnt always gonna be the sweeper but now ik its importent to keep an eye out for it normally i get upto +4 wit arceus +6 if lucky so i can easily 1HKO opposing ferrothorns so i dont seem to have much trouble wit them i see them as like a set up fodder rather then somethin that can wall me

Just a thought, but Tentacruel seems to have poor synergy with the rest of your team, so I recommend using a different spinner. You have no Pokemon that resist ground, unless Ditto counts, and Deoxys-A will never be switching in except on a death so it doesn't count as a Psychic resist. Toxic Spikes also hampers your Giratina if it's up, so I don't recommend it as then without 2 layers the opponent won't mind them, and they stop you from burning them and halving their attack. Forretress could work, as it would have pretty good type synergy with the rest of your team, but then you'd lack a special wall. Tentacruel could stay, just I highly recommend not using Toxic Spikes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)