Tier labelling

Hello. This proposition is a simple one that attempts to address the problem of dumping too many Pokémon into the NFE tier. Namely, the proposition is this:

If an NFE Pokémon has an evolution that is not in NU, it should be categorized like a fully-evolved Pokémon.

We have examples of this already, with Chansey being categorized as UU. Similarly, with this proposition in effect, we'd have Gligar, Rhydon, etc. categorized as NU. However, Pokémon whose evolutions are in NU, such as Smoochum, remain classified as NFE. This would give people a full list of what Pokémon are available for use in NU, while still leaving still-outclassed NFEs out.

I'm kind of suspecting that this is being considered already but that people are waiting for an NU ladder implementation to actually go through with it. If this is the case, well, great!

While I'm at it, I'd like to propose something similar:

NFE Pokémon that are playable in Little Cup should get a "Little Cup" tier designation.

Obviously, some complications arise if this is implemented in tandem with the previously mentioned proposition. I suppose it's safe to assume that NU will be prioritized above Little Cup. In that case, NU could be given priority over LC in tier designation, but LC-eligible NU Pokémon could still appear in the LC list.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree that the tier listings need restructuring, but maybe it would be better to lose the notion that Pokemon can only be in one tier at once? NFE for example is not a tier at all, it is a list of Pokemon which are "Not Fully Evolved", but currently many "Not Fully Evolved" Pokemon are not in the NFE tier, which is counter intuitive and could confuse newer players. A Pokemon can be NFE and NU, UU or even OU at the same time (as Porygon 2 may soon demonstrate). I'm not entirely sure how the code to generate the tier pages works, but surely it would be possible to arrange it so that either all NFEs show up when you press NFE (but still show up in their respective tiers), or maybe replace the NFE list entirely with one called "Not Tiered" to represent the fact that they are almost totally outclassed in every played tier. The only "Not Tiered" Pokemon would be those which have a evolution that is in the lowest played tier, and is entirely or almost entirely better than the pre evo. This system would have the added bonus of allowing a possible future "Little Cup" tier to include every Pokemon available in LC, while not interfering with any other tier listings (Trapinch comes to mind).

Well, I just thought that if the way the site is currently coded can't support multiple tier classifications at once, it might not be very high-priority to make it so. A full NFE list can have its benefits, too.

Now that I think about it, the tier list pages might be automatic, with Pokémon classified as some tier automatically appearing in the tier's list. But I have no idea how the site is really coded so I don't know how feasible any of these propositions are lol.

I don't see the point in doing this really. Sounds like a waste of time to me, no offense to anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)