Top 8 in Pablo's Tournament

Before you rate.

Well this is the team I used in Pablo's WiFi tourny which for me came to an end yesterday. I started of 4-0 beating some tough competitors including one of the top 4 of the tournament now. I like this team, but it definitely needs some improvement, specifically in the offensive area. I can deal with serious change, so don't be afraid to suggest it. This team was also designed with a Garchomp counter, as well as with Garchomp in it. So yeah, changes must be made there.

Overall team.

Quick note: If the EV's seem weird, its because a Pokemon most likely doesn't have a 31 IV in that stat. However, I am converting this team to a Shoddy team, so don't take IV's into account. And yea, I know Garchomp is Uber.

The Lead

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Sp At / 252 Sp
Nature: Modest
- ThunderBolt
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Uturn
- ThunderWave

My lead. Something I often end up using in the late game to take out late game sweepers. Standard EV's and move spread. I'm most definitely going to replace Uturn on it because when I Uturn to it from Jirachi, it gets stuck in Uturning, which sucks. This lead was just kinda picked at random and seemed to fit with my team well.

Physical Wall

Cresslia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 148 Hp / 252 Def / 110 Sp Att
Nature:
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Moonlight

My Garchomp counter. But Garchomp is Uber now so I'm not sure how important this lovely duck is, even though I do love it. After a reflect this thing really hold its own and basically just spams Toxic until its time to switch something else in.

Problem with it: Ice Beam most likely isn't a necessity any more since Garchomp is bye bye. Lucario's are going to be every where now and they can put a dent in this thing.

Supporter

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Hp / 12 Att / 94 Def / 152 Spd
Nature: Impish
- Zen Headbut
- Uturn
- Light Screen
- Wish

My Wisher. Passes some wishing power to my 3 offensive pokemon. Also sets up the ever so annoying Light Screen. Why not reflect? I didn't need it really. Light Screen works way better for dealing with things that pack a surprise Flamethrower and Gengar in general.

Problem: I really need this to pass Wishes to Lucario. Both Pokemon are fire week though, which just doesn't work out well. I still want a wisher here, but maybe some thing that can lay down SR as well.

Special Wall

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Hp / 6 Sp Att / 252 Sp Def
Nature: Calm
- ThunderWave
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

I love sending this thing in with a reflect up. Physical threats try to come in and cripple it, I paralyze it, it runs away scared, and I Nasty Plot it up. So in a sence, this thing has some sweeping power as well as walling. Special threats don't really like sticking around on something that might have ThunderWave. However, ThunderBolt is the bane of this things existence.

Wall Breaker

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Sp Att / 6 Sp Def / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power (Ice)

This thing is crucial to this team. To much so really. It gets surprise kills on physical walls in almost every battle opening the road for a Garchomp sweep. Its also my teams heaviest hitter, and once it goes down, anything I'm having a problem with better be able to be Toxiced. If not, I have a problem. Jirachi loves passing Wishes to this, but the Steel to Steel thing doesn't work well.

Late Game Sweeper (yes I know its Uber, so help me replace it)

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Attack / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earth Quake

This think has to be replaced for obvious reasons. It's Uber now. This thing usually doesn't show face until the very end of the game and I like it that way. You all really know what this things deal is, I just need a replacement for it, so I won't be detailed on what I really want. I'm open to anything.

What I like about this team.

The Jirachi, Cresslia, Togekiss combo is AMAZING. Really, usually it never goes down unless I make a bad switch or risk my luck. The three of them don't really fear one Pokemon except for Tyranitar, who loses to Cresslia if a reflect is up and hates Status.

Team Issues

There are more than what I list for sure.

Bronzong. Garchomp can take it out if it has gotten an SD off, but that Pokemon has to go away. Lucario can get the suprise kill if Bronzong has at least 30% damage on it.

Stealth Rocks. I don't have any.

Status. Togekiss and Jirachi can usually scout for Toxicers, saving Cresslia from death, but Sleep hurts this team.

Yeah thats basically it. Let me know what you think I could do to make this team better.

Metal said:
Salamence can be a replacement for Garchomp with the DD or the MIxMence set
I have never been a fan of using things that are SR week as late game sweepers. Getting of a DD in the late game with 75% hp and a quad week to Ice isn't reliable enough.

Fire week is still an issue there because I can't rely on Jirachi to pass Wishes to Metagross. Agiligross isn't a bad idea, but if I go down that road I think Jirachi and Lucario would have to go.

Fire week is still an issue there because I can't rely on Jirachi to pass Wishes to Metagross. Agiligross isn't a bad idea, but if I go down that road I think Jirachi and Lucario would have to go.
Couldnt you always just replace Jirachi with Vaporeon? I mean its not weak to fire, and you still get nice wish support.

You can replace Garchomp with another dragon such as Salamence. But, that would leave you with 3 rock weaknesses. So you may want to consider Flygon too.

For Togekiss, another option for your item held is Lefties. Lum Berry has it's uses, but leftovers gives a constant recovery. You can also put Aura Sphere on Togekiss, so you can get some coverage on steels. If you want, you can replace roost with wish, so you can have a second way of support for your team, so you don't have to pass from steel to steel.
If you want some assurance, here is some evidence.

Togekiss-2x weak to Ice, Electric, Rock
Lucario- 2x Resistance to Ice, Neutral to Electric, 4x Resistance to Rock

This way, any super effective hits on Togekiss won't be supereffective when you pass it to Lucario.

Chenn I like that idea alot. I could do like a wish/tri attack thing with Togekiss so I can dish out status too. What nature do you think? Bold or stick with Calm?

Vaporeon as something I was considering for wish passing but now I kida like the idea of using Togekiss as support which leaves me vulnerable to special hits though. I also would lose light screen support.

That would be possible. But, tri attack would beomce more chance based, and wouldn't effect ghosts. But, the upside is that it can freeze, paralyze, or burn. The Downside to THAT is that It could burn a guts pokemon, or something else disastorous. I personally think Thunder Wave is a better option.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
If you keep both Jirachi and Luke on the team, then Gyarados would make a good candidate to come in for the late game sweep. The EQ immunity and resistance to Fire and Fighting will let you get it in easily and hopefully force a switch so you can DD up.

Theres 2 problems with using Gyara tho:

1. It is weak to SR. Sure, its pretty bulky, but 25% sucks ass!
2. It would be next to impossible to switch in from Togekiss cuz of the electric weakness.

Now an option to help with #2 would be to replace Togekiss with a calm Gardevoir. Gardy can also throw status around and pass wish. She isn't as effective at sweeping but you can always Calm mind up to pose a threat. Trace helps it come in on stuff like Jolty and Heatran to make sure that they wont use electric or fire and help you switch in luke or Gyara.

*shrug* I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)