SS OU TRICK ROOM - Peaked top 5, 1988 (ft. Reuniclus, Umbreon, & more)

If mega evolution pokemon still existed, who deserves a mega evolution in gen 8?

• Flygon

Votes: 119 57.2%
  • Froslass

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Victreebel

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Slowking

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Electivire

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Magmortar

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Other (You can say what if you make a comment)

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

1. INTRODUCTION
2. PROOF OF PEAK
3. TEAM + DESCRIPTION
4. TEAM BUILDING PROCESS
5. TEAM USAGE TIPS
6. THREAT LIST
7. IMPORTABLE
8. FINAL WORDS

1 - INTRODUCTION

Hello! I am Pinkacross, a teambuilder and member of the smogon community. Like many others, I was disappointed with the Gen 8 metagame, particularly surrounding the limited teambuilding. It seemed as though bulky teams or HO was the only functional playstyle, countless Corviknights and Clefables everywhere. This team is an exception. A creative, yet also successful team that shows that unique pokemon can be viable too. Keep trying to build creative teams, folks. With the new DLC out, teambuilding opportunities will flourish. Enjoy!

2 - PROOF OF PEAK

I apologize for the poor GXE, the team was actually very consistent. (A team has to be consistent to peak top 5) This is my main account, where I test memes like Skiploom HO. I will post another peak with a better GXE soon. :]

3 - TEAM + DESCRIPTION

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire

- Draining Kiss

Hatterene is our first Trick Room setter, and a possible wincon. For the purposes of this Hatterene, bulk is more important than offense, which is the reason for the maximum defense investment. Magic Bounce is a great ability that allows us to annoy pokemon like Seismitoad, Ferrothorn (we take around 20% from Gyro Ball) and Hippowdon. Hatterene can take 1 hit from almost any pokemon in the tier, making it good for setting Trick Room in a pinch, particularly against offensive teams. Mystical Fire and Draining Kiss are both more important than Psychic (which mainly only hits Toxapex) since this team thrives off of Toxapex. Every time a Toxapex switches in, we get up a Future Sight with Reuniclus, so Psychic is not needed.

NOTABLE CALCS:

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hatterene: 204-240 (64.1 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hatterene: 210-248 (66 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hatterene: 198-233 (62.2 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Future Sight
- Knock Off

- Psychic

Reuniclus is possibly the most important pokemon on this team. Against defensive teams, Reuniclus’ main role is setting up Future Sights and Knocking Off items. When facing offensive or HO teams, it’s purpose is typically to set Trick Room and possibly sweep with Psychic. This multi-purpose pokemon is what makes the team possible. Future Sight is very helpful for setting up into Dracovish and Rotom. Using Future Sight and then switching into Rotom-Heat is a devastating combination. Rotom can use Overheat on the same turn that Future Sight hits, which for many teams means losing a pokemon. The same applies to Dracovish with Fishious Rend, most notably allowing Dracovish to KO Toxapex in a single turn. Fishious Rend + Future Sight + Another Fishious Rend next turn also kills Ferrothorn. Please note that Future Sight hits before Wish activates. Future Sight also CANNOT be protected or baneful bunkered. This may help you kill a Clefable.

NOTABLE CALCS:

252+ SpA Reuniclus Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 308-366 (101.3 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Reuniclus Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Seismitoad: 264-312 (63.7 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Reuniclus Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 92-108 (26.1 - 30.6%) -- 3.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Crunch

- Rest

Dracovish is the main offensive pressure of this team, and it offers fantastic instant power. When paired with a Reuniclus Future Sight, all typical checks to this pokemon fall easily. Most games, Fishious Rend will be all that you need to click. However, Outrage is a good coverage move that can damage Seismitoad greatly (OHKOing with the addition of a Future Sight) and Crunch helps as an extra coverage move that does not lock Dracovish in. Rest is on this set for bulky teams and stall. If Dracovish is burned, poisoned or paralyzed somehow, you can Rest off this status condition, burn 2 sleep turns on passive pokemon, and you’re back in action. Note that it is often better to have 0 turns of sleep left than to be awake, since you are immune to status when switching in. The EV spread is designed to outspeed all bulky pokemon (such as Mandibuzz and anything slower) while still being slower than anything on an HO team, such as Bisharp, Cloyster, and other Dracovish. This allows Dracovish to be a monster under Trick Room when facing offensive builds, and still a speedy menace against stall.

NOTABLE CALCS:

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 158-186 (44.8 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 141-167 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Toxic

Rotom is a support pokemon on this team, and it functions as out-of Trick Room speed control. Rotom ensures that we don’t lose to pokemon such as Kyurem and Togekiss, while also providing removal and momentum via Volt Switch. Rotom is also a great abuser of Future Sight. On the turn that Future Sight hits, Rotom can Overheat+Future Sight to deal a massive amount of damage to Corviknight, and OHKO Hippowdon, Toxapex, and Ferrothorn. If you suspect a Hydreigon, Mandibuzz, or Seismitoad switch in, you can use Toxic.

NOTABLE CALCS:

8 SpA Rotom-Heat Overheat vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Corviknight: 246-290 (61.5 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Yawn

- Foul Play

Umbreon is a fantastic support pokemon for the team. It’s use of Yawn + Protect + Foul Play makes it exceptional against HO teams. Wish is helpful for keeping other pokemon (typically Rotom and Hatterene) healthy. Umbreon also serves as a check to Excadrill and Bisharp. To more reliably check these pokemon that are otherwise extremely threatening to the team, Umbreon has Inner Focus. This means it cannot be flinched by Iron Head. This also allows it to consistently check Jirachi (though it is much less threatening.) Inner Focus also lets Umbreon use Yawn on non-substitute Togekiss, without fear of a flinch. Finally, Umbreon can sweep against HO teams with Foul Play if Trick Room is up. Umbreon can also wall Zeraora if needed, but it should not recklessly be switched in.

NOTABLE CALCS:

+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Umbreon: 228-268 (58 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 480-565 (132.9 - 156.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+4 252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Umbreon: 282-333 (71.7 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+4 252+ Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 246-291 (90.7 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover

- Baneful Bunker

It’s a Toxapex. You know him, you love him. He walls stuff. Dracovish check, Toxics some sweepers like Mimikyu, Terrakion, DD Dragapult. That’s about all there is to say. Toxapex can wear down Conkeldurr with a Recover + Baneful Bunker. Also, if things go poorly against a very passive team, you can swap between Toxapex and Reuniclus until turn 1000 (or until they offer a tie.)

NOTABLE CALCS:

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 141-167 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- 10.5% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

4 - TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

I started out with the core of Reuniclus + Dracovish. I knew that Future Sight + Dracovish was extremely powerful against bulky teams, and TR Dracovish would be great against HO.

I added a Toxapex, knowing I would need a Dracovish check, and Toxapex stops a very large amount of sweepers.

I added a Clefable to help bring in Dracovish with teleport, and provide wish support.

I added a Rotom as a defoger, and a check to Togekiss. Rotom also seemed a good choice since it abused Future Sight, and provided good speed outside of Trick Room.

Rotom alone (without recovery) seemed like insufficient hazard control. I added Hatterene to have a wincon, and help with hazards. I also needed another Trick Room setter for Dracovish to go ham.

I realized my team completely lost to Excadrill and Bisharp, so I added an Umbreon. It ended up working far better than Clefable.

5 - TEAM USAGE TIPS

This is not an easy team to use. It is not stall nor a simple HO. Here are a few tips to help you play:
  1. Use Future Sight → Switch into Rotom / Dracovish → Fishious Rend/ Overheat
This is an extremely useful strategy that frequently dismantles bulky teams. Don’t use this all of the time, but if the opportunity strikes, go for it.
  1. Don’t let Rotom get too low, especially if the opponent has a Kyurem or Togekiss. Try to use Umbreon’s Wish to keep it healthy.
  2. Against bulkier, slow teams, it is often better to never use Trick Room. On the flip side, against HO and offensive teams, Trick Room will probably be vitally important to victory.
  3. Hatterene is often a wincon late-game. In the team preview, you may see a Corviknight that turns out to be Iron Head, and discredit Hatterene as a sweeper. However, it may turn out that the Corviknight gets burned or weakened to the point where Hatterene can win.
  4. Be aware. Pokemon drop around Dracovish, and for every fainted pokemon on the opponent’s team, new opportunities arise. Umbreon, Toxapex, or Dracovish may simply win at some point, don’t be afraid to sack previously important mons to get into that position.
  5. Practice. With time, the team will make more sense to you. :)

6 - THREAT LIST

These two Calm Mind users can literally 6-0. Try to get a Knock Off or a Toxic on Primarina to negate its health. Clefable is far worse. You have to get in Dracovish. One method is to swap in Umbreon, Yawn + Protect, then swap in the Vish. You can also run Gastro Acid over Baneful Bunker on Toxapex, this will cause Clefable to take toxic damage. Gastro Acid Toxapex is also helpful for taking away Conkeldurr’s Guts ability, heavily weakening Cloyster, and much more.

Bisharp is not extremely threatening, but it can destroy you if you don’t know how to deal with it. If a Bisharp comes in, swap in Umbreon, use Yawn + Protect, and then Foul Play. This will defeat consistently. If you suspect they will swap out, replace Protect with Wish. Bisharp has a 37% chance to 2HKO. Note that against some HO teams, Umbreon is bulky enough that you can Wish up on several of their sweepers.

The only threatening set is NP + 3 attacks. This Hydreigon has trouble coming in on the team. Reuniclus can Trick Room and switch, Hatterene OHKOs with Draining Kiss, Toxapex can Toxic, as can Rotom Heat, Umbreon can Yawn, and Dracovish nearly OHKOs with Fishious Rend. However, if this Hydreigon sets up, let the least useful mon take a Draco and then go Hatterene.

7 - IMPORTABLE

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Draining Kiss

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Toxic

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Yawn
- Foul Play

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Future Sight
- Knock Off
- Psychic

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Rest

8 - FINAL WORDS

Thank you to those who read this far. Great luck with the team! If you see me (Pinkacross) on showdown, feel free to give me teambuilding ideas, as I love elevating unique ideas into top ranking teams. :)

P.S.

If Dracovish gets banned, make Toxapex Gastro Acid over Bunker and make Dracovish into CB Crawdaunt.

UPDATE ( Some requested that I add replays, here are a few:)

1. Facing a typical balance team: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1105826510
2. Using Future Sight to take take down Clefable: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1105819532

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Good team bro, Umbreon is a good niche option for this team, but i had a changes:
hatterene.gif

New Set:
Hatterene (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
These changes are basically to have a better Match Up against Dragapult, Dracozolt and Dracovish, I think that the Sash to withstand a blow from both and to be able to put the trick room much more safely and Quiet + Dazzling Gleam is to make them OHKO safe, the Hatterene set wasn't bad, but this set would lower the threat list a bit.

dracovish.gif
Psychic Fangs over Rest
I can't understand why Rest is terrible, Psychic Fangs instead at least destroys screens better and hits Toxapex Phsy Def better at least.

toxapex.gif
Replace with
1588447041217.png

Now that we have a decent check for Dracovish, Toxapex is more unnecessary despite offering a bit of utility, Conkeldurr instead gives more power to the team and can hit Bisharp and Hydreigon with his STAB, Toxapex can stay, but Conkeldurr is better and in combination with Future Sight Reuniclus is very powerful.

the final team:
Hatterene (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Toxic

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Yawn
- Foul Play

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Future Sight
- Knock Off
- Psychic

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

but good team overall!!!

I appreciate the advice, but I have some problems.

1. If we remove Toxapex, the team loses to Dracovish, and suffers to rain. Sash Hatterene is not at all a consistent check to a well played Dracovish/Crawdaunt. It also loses to Specs Primarina. As well as Hawlucha... In general, I don't believe the change fixes as many problems as it creates.
2. Psychic Fangs on Dracovish is almost entirely useless. I have used this team a lot, and never wished I had Psychic Fangs. Rest is important for our stall MU.
3. Toxapex doesn't look extremely useful on paper, but in games it actually does extremely well.

I don't believe this change to the team is an improvement, but I may be mistaken. I will test this new version and see how it goes. Thank you so much for the input, and have a great day! :)

scorbunnys

I appreciate the advice, but I have some problems.

1. If we remove Toxapex, the team loses to Dracovish, and suffers to rain. Sash Hatterene is not at all a consistent check to a well played Dracovish/Crawdaunt. It also loses to Specs Primarina. As well as Hawlucha... In general, I don't believe the change fixes as many problems as it creates.
2. Psychic Fangs on Dracovish is almost entirely useless. I have used this team a lot, and never wished I had Psychic Fangs. Rest is important for our stall MU.
3. Toxapex doesn't look extremely useful on paper, but in games it actually does extremely well.

I don't believe this change to the team is an improvement, but I may be mistaken. I will test this new version and see how it goes. Thank you so much for the input, and have a great day! :)
No problem, you can try Double Sash with Sash Reuniclus too

Pokeseba, I have tested your version of the team. While Conkeldurr does offer good Trick Room abuse, the loss of pex leads to the team losing to fairy types in general (Prim and LO Clefable can just spam moonblast save for Rotom, which has no recovery) , and the rain matchup is also difficult. Pokemon like SD Aegislash and Crawdaunt become nearly unbeatable as well. While your updated team is still good, and certainly a viable offensive take on the original, it does not (from my point of view) make up for the loss of Toxapex.

Similarly to CM Clefable, opposing Hatterene are very difficult. One way that tends to work well for me is using Hatterene Mystical Fire wars. The other Hatterene will need to spam CM to keep up and not lose the war. Unexpectedly swap into Dracovish at one point, this will force them out, ideally at lower health than when they came in. Also, Hatterene can be easy to wear down by use of Reuniclus Future Sight and Knock Off, Rotom's Overheats, and in desparate situations Toxapex's Scald. Most importantly, DO NOT LET IT SET UP. Once it gets set up, you have to essentially sack a mon and go vish. While Hatterene is uncommon, this is how I tend to deal with them. I hope this helps! Have a great day, and good luck with the team!

is Yawn really worth over heal bell having rest vish and reg reuni?

btw : sd kion just 6-0 you

Last edited:
In my opinion, yes. Rest Dracovish is essentially only for stall MUs, and Dracovish can easily suffer 2 turns of sleep against things like Toxapex. Reuniclus, while not being Magic Guard, is not heavily bothered by any form of status (other than sleep). Yawn, on the other hand, forces switches, allowing Dracovish and Trick Room setters to come in. This team is also not meant to be played in a stally way, it simply has a defensive backbone to support the TR breakers. In my experience, yawn did a lot more for me than Heal Bell. If your experiences are different feel free to test, but Heal Bell isnt as useful as it seems on paper.

scorbunnys

Pokeseba, I have tested your version of the team. While Conkeldurr does offer good Trick Room abuse, the loss of pex leads to the team losing to fairy types in general (Prim and LO Clefable can just spam moonblast save for Rotom, which has no recovery) , and the rain matchup is also difficult. Pokemon like SD Aegislash and Crawdaunt become nearly unbeatable as well. While your updated team is still good, and certainly a viable offensive take on the original, it does not (from my point of view) make up for the loss of Toxapex.
It's okay, sorry for delay, but i think sash hatterene is still necessary

No problem, it's always good to hear feedback. The Hatterene set you propose would be better against HO teams, while the original set is better against bulky builds. I suppose the set one should use is dependent on the current metagame. In high ladder, I see more bulky teams but in mid to low ladder I see more HO. Perhaps the meta will shift to have more HO teams in high ladder in the future. Both sets work, but IMO the original set is better in high ladder (at least right now).

scorbunnys

No problem, it's always good to hear feedback. The Hatterene set you propose would be better against HO teams, while the original set is better against bulky builds. I suppose the set one should use is dependent on the current metagame. In high ladder, I see more bulky teams but in mid to low ladder I see more HO. Perhaps the meta will shift to have more HO teams in high ladder in the future. Both sets work, but IMO the original set is better in high ladder (at least right now).
but you had Reuniclus and Dracovish for bulky teams and your HO MU is decent, but not that good, altough you can keep CM Hatterene, also toxapex is good

HO really hates Trick Room, my HO matchup is quite good. (Especially since Umbreon can't get flinched by Cloyster). When I tried your Hatterene on the ladder, the sash rarely ended up working well. Perhaps it was just a series of unfortunate matchups for your Hatterene set, but I faced a wide variety of teams. If you would like to test this and prove that this new Hatterene set improves the team, that would be fantastic. However, if you would like to continue this discussion further, please start a conversation with me. I don't wish to clog the thread with a long conversation on something as small as a set change. Still, I appreciate your opinion and the time you took to give helpful feedback.

Due to the essentially inevitable Dracovish ban (and some requests to post this set), here is the Crawdaunt set I reccomend using over Dracovish:

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer / Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Relatively standard set. Additionally, this does not outspeed Aegislash and Mandibuzz like Dracovish did, so beware of this. While a Knock Offed Crawdaunt cannot 2hko Mandibuzz, catch roosts with a CC to finish them off. Remember to also change Toxapex to Gastro Acid over Bunker when Vish gets banned. Finally, this team may need more updates when the DLC comes out. Perhaps Toxapex and Reuniclus will be taken out and replaced for Future Sight Teleport Slowbro... who knows? But for the time being, this is the no dracovish version.

Yo, man, this team's absolutely sick. Just played against it and if it weren't for Dracovish being taken out early on I probably would've lost. The surprise factor with regenerator Reuniclus is pretty good for keeping it alive, and since it's one of the trick room setters, it might come in clutch in the later stages of a match. The rest idea on Dracovish is pretty smart, and you can basically get a status-free switch in. The Umbreon with inner focus is actually a pretty good strategy for targeting togekiss, especially that togekiss is a nasty stallbreaker with nasty plot, roost, heal bell, air slash and some other moves.

As someone who used Crawdaunt a lot, I'd say it has a lot of raw power, but it's very slow and fragile. It works pretty well on trick room teams, but I think it might end up stacking a few weaknesses with Toxapex and Umbreon. Using it also means Kommo-o will be somewhat of a nuisance, but Hatterene should be able to deal with it. Conversely, Crawdaunt should be able to deal with some water-immune walls a lot better than Dracovish, and it has pretty good synergy with Rotom-H against Ferrothorn.

I'm still kinda inexperienced when it comes to team building, but hope I can help! The test battle was pretty fun. Take everything I said with a grain of salt. Take care and good luck on laddering!

Hi.
First of all, I want to add that when drill runs mold breaker, it ignores inner focus, so mold breaker driller can beat umbreon. More often than not, I caught myself wishing I had synchronize, like v. Mandibuzz. It is something to think about.

I realize this team is a few months old, but it really struggles v. Urshifu. Also, volc in the endgame is really hard for this team, since most mons are weak to it. Magnezone also puts pressure on the team. And, though that mon is seen less often, Starmie just destroyed the team.
So I tried to put a little more offensive pressure in it.
Since this team does not struggle v. hazards, I changed rotom, and I put Mimikyu instead. It is a sure TR 90% of the time, it has ok offensive pressure, and adds a TR setter and priority. It is a good fairy type mon, and it adresses all the mons I mentioned except for magnezone. If you'd like, you can run dbond or SD, but I went for TR 3 attacks.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Trick Room

In addition, since Dracovish got banned, I actually tried to run Arctovish with good results. The water absorb ability is useful v. rain. But I am testing banded grimmsnarl in its place. It beats Urshifu 1v1, it can trick stall (which is always annoying), it hits hard, has some sort of priority as well. All in all, a pretty interesting and unexpected choice. I admit I have used it just a couple of times, but it surprised me in a good way.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Spirit Break
- Darkest Lariat
- Trick

I put enough speed to outspeed neutral mandibuzz.

Hope you all are alright.

Last edited:
I appreciate the new take on the team. Due to DLC 1, when this team was made, there was no Urshifu, Magnezone, Starmie, or Volcarona. Additionally, we now have better TR setters than Reuniclus such as TR Teleport Slowking. Quite simply the team is outdated... I don't think this version of TR can really work anymore. That being said, DLC 2 will be out soon and I'm hoping to bring some epic new teams soon. I'd like to build...
1. Updated dlc 2 TR (maybe ft. Dragon eruption regi thing)
2. Hail (zolt with the slush rush!!)
3. Gravity (my gravity team got to #4 in gen 7, maybe its good this gen too)
There are other ideas I don't want to give away yet... but I hope I can do some more threads showing how creative stuff can work in OU. Thx for trying to keep this team alive but... I'd let it die. :/

I appreciate the new take on the team. Due to DLC 1, when this team was made, there was no Urshifu, Magnezone, Starmie, or Volcarona. Additionally, we now have better TR setters than Reuniclus such as TR Teleport Slowking. Quite simply the team is outdated... I don't think this version of TR can really work anymore. That being said, DLC 2 will be out soon and I'm hoping to bring some epic new teams soon. I'd like to build...
1. Updated dlc 2 TR (maybe ft. Dragon eruption regi thing)
2. Hail (zolt with the slush rush!!)
3. Gravity (my gravity team got to #4 in gen 7, maybe its good this gen too)
There are other ideas I don't want to give away yet... but I hope I can do some more threads showing how creative stuff can work in OU. Thx for trying to keep this team alive but... I'd let it die. :/
Since we're already bumping this thread some neat TR options are...

Stakataka who hits anything with 60 base speed un-invested with a 125 BP Gyro Ball, has Beast Boost, and Trick Room.

Victini's V-Create "buffs" its speed and it doesn't fear Pursuit. Also gets TR.

Eruption Heatran and Torkoal are ridiculous.

Cresselia with Lunar Dance / Trick Room. Also Uxie, Carbink, and Audino have historically been decent on TR.

Tapu Bulu gets some decent moves now and Grassy terrain helps negate Earthquake spam. Grassy Glide slightly helps if TR fails.

Tyrantrum and Aggron can cheese wins if you get good Head Smash rolls.

Seems like there could be some decent TR options especially early DLC 2 when everyone is running hyper offense. Trick Room was relatively successful in gen 7 so I bet it can be used in 8 with all the new tools they're getting.

Very good insights. I've been considering running PWR herb meteor beam aurorus on TR. It can set aveil for the next thing as well... I'd love to do some preemptive building with you if you're interested? That way when dlc 2 comes out we have broken TR teams... hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)