ORAS LC Trick Room Wave (First RMT)

Hey, dudes. I've been thinking about Trick Room in LC and decided to make a team around it. This is my first RMT here and my english isn't so good, so don't kill me ;~;

Teambuilding

First, I added the main Trick Room setters. Spritzee can check fightspam and is a wish support. Porygon can help checking fletchlings, abras and gastlys. Slowpoke is a bulky Water-type with Regenerator and high defenses/HP stats.

After, I added a great abooser that have a powerful HA and a great synergy with Spritzee.

Pancham for dealing with Pawniards, Knock Off support and Mold Breaker to deal with sturdyjuice.

Amaura is an alternative and better check for Fletchling, a Hazard setter and a great abooser.

The Team

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
Level: 5
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
Spritzee is the main fightcheck of the team, that can check almost every fight type of the meta and is a wonderful physical wall. Wish support is perfect for a Trick Room team, regenerating life of the sweepers. Protect is for pairing with Wish, regenerating some HP more safer.

Synergy:

Steel -

Poison-

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room​

Recover is a important move, to keep it healthy in front of certain threats. Tri Attack is a strong stab, with a nice 20% of chance to freeze/paralyze/burn the opponent. Shadow Ball is a coverage for hit some ghosts and do some damage on Psychic-types. Trace is for switch safely in front of Chinchou, Flash Fire Ponyta and Regenerator Slowpoke.

Synergy:

Fighting -

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psychic -> Fire Blast
- Slack Off
This lazy monster has a lot of defense potential in my team. Regenerator keep it healthy, due the lots of switchs that occur in T. Room teams. Scald is a stab with a nice 30% chance to burn physical sweepers like Mienfoo and Pawniard. Psychic is to hit Poison-types, especially Croagunk that is a big threat for the team. Slack Off is for recovering when you don't have a safe switch.

Synergy:

Dark:

Ghost:

Bug:

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Scald

Skrelp is very important on the team, it can be present defensively and offensively due the synergy with most of the team. Sludge Wave is the main stab (x2 yay) with 100% accuracy and 95 power, it can defeat bulky grass- and fairy- types and be used for everything that resists Water. Hydro Pump is the most powerful move, boosted by Adaptability too. Scald can be used when Hydro Pump scary power is not necessary, due it's 100% acc. HP Psychic is a filler, for hiting Croagunk especially.

Synergy:

Psychic -

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 140 HP / 204 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Parting Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
This cute panda has a lot of potential in Trick Room. Parting Shot is for switching and leaves the opponent with drop on attack and sp. attack stats (Switch is very useful in TR, especially with a stat drop support). Drain Punch is the main stab and recovering-move that can OHKO Sturdy Magnemite (Sturdy doesn't works due the Mold Breaker). Knock Off is for support, removing annoying Eviolites and Berry Juices, faciliting a sweep. Gunk Shot is for doing damage in Fairies- and Grass-types.

Synergy:

Flying:

Psychic:

Fairy:

Amaura @ Eviolite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 196 Def / 220 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
Amaura has a lot of roles in the team. It's a hazard setter, can check various threats like fletchling and zigzagoon and can sweep on T. Room spamming Hyper Voice. Earth Power is for coverage against Steel-types like Pawniard and Magnemite. Thunderbolt is a filler for bulky water-types like Slowpoke is another option for flying-types.

Synergy:
Rock -

Fighting -

Steel -

Water -

Conclusion

Well, thanks for reading my RMT. I think I'm too bad to write and I hope you understand it because like I said before, my English isn't good. Please, feel free to give me any suggestions, improvements, etc.

Thank you n_n

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, VaporSkrelp. I personally love Trick Room teams in Little Cup. They're difficult to make properly, but when they're done well, like I'm sure yours is, they can perform very well against a lot of playstyles.

Spritzee and Porygon is an absolute staple as far as Trick Room teams go, and the two share terrific typing synergy. Your Spritzee set is perfect and I would not change a thing. All the same though, you could consider using Psychic in order to surprise Croagunk, one of the only Pokemon that can disable this core.

Ferroseed is very troubling to Trick Room teams, as its Speed stat allows it to outspeed many Trick Room users after the move is set. It is particularly troubling to this team aside from Pancham, so consider running Fire Blast over Psychic on Slowpoke in order to surprise it.

That's all I have for now, best of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)