Walrus Triserver Democracy Rule Walrus [Winner: Ampharos | Close 2nd: VuvuzelaBzz]

Newcomb pulls into the lead as Myzo, Vuvuzela, and Blodds take the podium in this morbid round. We already have some ties in the leaderboard… how will they shake out in the next reveal?

Category 3 is Heavy Weather. We’re gonna make it rain on Sunday the 16th at 4pm cst.

Steven Snype , Lord Quas, Dp101, Newcomb, apricity , Cancerous , and Pigjr1 need to check their local forecasts by Saturday the 15th at the latest!

Last edited:
Category 3 - Heavy Weather

19th Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 6.3

Rainbow Destructor by ParagonX9

This would probably score higher if I had ever owned a Mario Kart game.

18th Place
Submitted by Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Score: 6.5

It Can’t Rain Everyday by P.O.D

I’m having a hard time telling if I’m robbing this or not.

17th Place
Submitted by apricity
Score: 6.8

Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks

Pretty nice. It’s got a “written by Ringo Starr” sort of Beatles vibe to it.

16th Place
Submitted by Zack
Score: 7.4

Hate, Rain On Me by Andrew Jackson Jihad

People Who Can Eat People Are The Luckiest People In The World has been popping up in my reccs for a while now… I think I’ll give it a listen when I have the chance.

15th Place
Submitted by Da Letter El
Score: 7.6

Bloodhail by Have A Nice Life

It sounds suitable to be the weather on a future episode of Welcome To Night Vale. This gets an imaginary bonus point for coolest title of the round.

14th Place
Submitted by leonard
Score: 8.0

Swimming In The Flood by Passion Pit

This is a pretty chill song.

13th Place
Submitted by Dp101
Score: 8.2

Hurricane by Lin-Manuel Miranda

And now I’m wondering what my last walrus would have been like if I’d opened it up to MU as well. The Room Where It Happens and My Shot did fantastic in the B’way category. This one not as much, but I like the characterization of Hamilton as someone whose strength is the written word and whose faults include that all he can really fall back on in times of trouble is the written word. And that foreshadowing is clever as hell.

12th Place
Submitted by Lectrys
Score: 8.3

Étude Op. 25, No. 11 “Winter Wind” by Frédéric Chopin

Sitting in my room wearing a freaking t-shirt in December and just... closing my eyes and picturing a snow covered forest. Mmm, yeah.

11th Place
Submitted by Steven Snype
Score: 8.4

Acid Rain by Robert DeLong

You’ve got me nodding to the beat. The bridge kinda caught me by surprise.

10th Place
Submitted by Pigjr1
Score: 8.5

The Wind Blows by The All-American Rejects

The All-American Rejects are underrated imo. I think I still have a copy of Move Along somewhere in my room.

9th Place
Submitted by Cancerous
Score: 8.6

Rain by Mika

Is that his natural range or is he just a boss at falsetto? Please tell me it’s not pitch shifting, I don’t want to be let down.

8th Place
Submitted by BLOODYRAIN10001
Score: 8.7

Rain Dance by Odyssey Eurobeat

I was going to apologize for thwarting your chance to send It's Raining Men, but now I don't even mind that you couldn't.

7th Place
Submitted by Adam
Score: 8.8

Tokyo Sunrise by LP

Wow, her voice. I dig it.

6th Place
Submitted by Ampharos
Score: 8.9

Lightning’s Hand by Kansas

Lol, this was in Dp’s walrus, too. I really dig the moxie this one has. I caught myself singing along at one point.

5th Place
Submitted by LordQuas
Score: 9.0

Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers

It’s songs like this one that prove I don’t pay enough regard to RHCP. These lyrics and harmonies are tight like a tiger and the intricate guitar licks should be celebrated.

4th Place
Submitted by Aladyyn
Score: 9.1

The Storm by Blackmore’s Night

And speaking of intricate guitars… wowzah!

3rd Place
Submitted by Myzozoa
Score: 9.2

One Rainy Wish by Jimi Hendrix

It almost feels like we summoned Jimi by talking about great guitar playing. And then the sweet, sweet grooving happened, oh yeah.

2nd Place
Submitted by VuvuzelaBzz
Score: 9.3

Steel Rain by Chris Cornell

Yeah, man, belt it out like a powerhouse.

1st Place
Submitted by Newcomb
Score: 9.5

White Wind by School of Seven Bells

Those harmonies are hitting some sweet spot in my brain juuust right. I just don’t want to stop listening to this.

Outro:

Newcomb holds onto the lead as he joins Vuvuzela and Myzo on the podium. This is some sort of deja vu… but now Myzo and Vuvuzela are tied for third on the leaderboards! Who will pull ahead? And are there any dark horses in our future?

Next up is A Round For The House. I’m going to be out of town for Christmas, so the cocktail party is scheduled for Sunday the 30th at 4pm.

leonard (from big bang theory) , Lord Quas, DP101, Newcomb, apricity , Cancerous , and Pigjr1 have until Saturday the 29th to finish pregaming!

Category 4 - A Round For The House

19th Place
Score: 6.4

Mountain Dew by KJ-52

A very tongue in cheek representation of Alcoholics Anonymous, but also a little disrespectful. I wouldn’t share this with any AA members because I like not getting decked in the mouth.

18th Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 6.9

Ordinary by Two Door Cinema Club

This is a pretty nice song. I think you made a misstep by dialing back on the drinking culture focus when you changed your sub, though.

17th Place
Score: 7.2

The Feast Never Ends! By IOSYS

After the nomikai comes the nijikai. After the nijikai comes the sanjikai. After the sanjikai comes clocking into work with a hangover.

16th Place
Submitted by leonard

Cry Like A Ghost by Passion Pit

About halfway through the song I get confused about the role Sylvia plays in this. Is she the reason, the enabler, or a fellow lush? Half of me is thinking “drunken buddy romcom” and the other half is thinking “pet sot on a leash” and that’s where things get muddled.

15th Place
Submitted by Lectrys

Drink With Me by The Arrogant Worms

It’s no Green Ginger Wine, but it’s-

Wait. This is CANADIAN Celt punk? I don’t even know what to think now.

14th Place
Submitted by Zack
Score: 7.8

Leave The Bourbon On The Shelf by The Killers

The first time my father mixed a drink for me, he told me the first rule of drinking is never drink alone. There’s an easily pictured implication that this guy has become a sloppy drunken wreck.

13th Place
Score: 7.9

Scenes From An Italian Restaurant by Billy Joel

Ah, the warm and fuzzy side of drinking. Catching up and reminiscing with friends and family over a few bottles. Including the part where you go off on a small tangent about something that’s second or thirdhand knowledge to you but you’re gonna talk about it anyway like you saw it with your own eyes. Wait, that was seven and a half minutes? It felt faster than that.

12th Place
Submitted by Cancerous

Vodka by Korpiklaani

This song brought to you by Finlandia. Not really, but wouldn’t it be great if distillers advertised like this?

11th Place
Submitted by Myzozoa

Teqkilla by M.I.A.

I was expecting in-your-face party songs when I made this cat, but now that I’m actually hearing what I wanted, I’m a little overwhelmed. Gimme a couple replays to get over my initial and embarrassing deer in headlights mentality and I’ll be alright.

10th Place
Submitted by Ampharos

Misanthropic Drunken Loner by Days N Daze

Me: Sure, I understand drinking culture, but how many of these songs am I truly going to find relatable as a social drinker?
Song: I want to be a hermit, humanity is a dumpster fire
Me: Ampharos knows me too well.

9th Place
Submitted by Newcomb

All The Wine by The National

The anthem for that weekend bender where you’re not completely sure what’s going on but you feel great and you’d like to ride this wave for as long as you can.

8th Place
Submitted by Pigjr1

Escape (The Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes

Now this is the romcom I really want to see. Hell, swap the want ads for a chatroom and this could be the new You’ve Got Mail.

7th Place

Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales by Car Seat Headrest

I’m not even going to start about rhyming mess with mess. Even when they’re wailing about the whales this song is pretty soothing.

6th Place
Submitted by apricity

TaKillya by Vinnie Maniscalco

Oh my sweet lord. Somewhere deep down in my soul I KNEW I’d get sent the freaking Champs. This is the toppest kek. And a surprisingly good remix. This is the lowest hanging fruit, turned into a fine trap wine. Kudos to you.

5th Place
Submitted by Dp101

Nord Mead by Miracle of Sound

Great instruments backing lyrics that go from cool to funny when you get the references. I want to share this one with my brother.

4th Place
Submitted by Adam

Stepfather Factory by El-P

These metaphors are too deep and raw for a Futurama joke.

3rd Place
Submitted by VuvuzelaBzz

Wake Up! Time To Die by Pop Will Eat Itself

I didn’t even know Jimmy Urine had a British uncle. Well, that’s the vibe I get from it and it’s a vibe I really dig. Definitely adding this band to Pandora.

2nd Place
Submitted by Aladyyn

Beer by Reel Big Fish

I should never have let Operation Ivy scare me away from ska. It’s become a favorite genre of mine and this song is a great example of everything I’ve been late to the party on.

1st Place
Submitted by LordQuas

Factotum by Louis Logic

Louis Logic casually tears it up here. Tight lyrics soaked in so much booze I can practically smell the fumes.

Outro:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/70...ver-walrus-walrein-wins?page=3#posts-12068787

The link above leads to the previous walrus that ran the same category. Also note that the following songs were used as examples, headers, or outros and as such are also off the table:

Little Black Submarines by The Black Keys
Pink Lemonade by Watsky
Red Cat/Yellow Cat by Say Anything
Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce
Pink by Aerosmith
Blue On Black by Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Blue Monday by Orkestra Obsolete, Green Valley by Puscifer, Blue Angel by Squirrel Nut Zippers, and Blue Lips by Regina Spektor are also off the table, since I've subbed them to other people's walruses.

Last edited:
Category 5 - Color Me Impressed

19th Place
Score: 5.6

Green from Kaiji OST

Sounds like menu screen music from an old school video game. There are some points where the song has some variation but otherwise it sounds like it’s on a loop.

18th Place
Submitted by Myzozoa

Contact in Red Square by Blondie

I wonder what a spy movie with this on the soundtrack would look like.

17th Place
Submitted by LordQuas
Score: 7.2

Black Helicopters by Non Phixion

The conspiracy theory lyrics are a miss for me, but the flow is pretty tight and I like that sample.

16th Place
Submitted by Lebossle

Tout Est Bleu by Jean Michel Jarre

I could almost do without the dial-up sounds, but otherwise this is pretty nice dance music.

15th Place
Submitted by Newcomb

Black & Blue by Miike Snow

I like the chorus, but I caught myself zoning out a few times on this song.

14th Place
Submitted by Cancerous

Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra

You can tell it’s from the 70s because you can hear the cassette hiss. Otherwise, not bad for a live recording of a good song.

13th Place
Submitted by VuvuzelaBzz
Score: 8.1

Dirty Blue by Wovenhand

Lovely instruments, but sometimes they’re so loud I have trouble hearing the lyrics.

12th Place
Submitted by Lectrys

Pride Of The White Knight by 5/4 Takepod

I’m not sure this really is FFT or 5/4 Takepod. Google fu is failing me here. But it’s a really good battle theme.

11th Place

Blonde Over Blue by Billy Joel

Sharp percussion, strings that are like a lower pitched Psycho sting, and that distinct 90s pop sound. Curious and catchy.

10th Place
Submitted by Adam

Working At The Car Wash Blues by Jim Croce

You fudged it, Adam. But I do like a good bit of fudge every now and then.

9th Place
Submitted by apricity

Purple Yellow Red And Blue by Portugal. The Man

Get to the bridge and suddenly it’s a supervillain’s theme song or something like that, but it’s still pretty damn catchy.

8th Place
Submitted by Dp101

The New Black Gold by Miracle of Sound

This is really the same artist you sent last time? I’m impressed.

7th Place

Lavender by Two Door Cinema Club

I do have a penchant for offbeat lyrics. And that bassline certainly isn’t hurting anything.

6th Place
Submitted by Pigjr1

That Green Gentleman by Panic! At The Disco

Acoustic guitar? In MY PatD? I can dig it. And I really dig those harmonies in the chorus.

5th Place
Submitted by leonard

Black Mambo by Glass Animals

I’m swaying along to the music, soaking in the soul.

4th Place
Submitted by Zack

Black Boy Fly by Kendrick Lamar

Hell, that big fish in a small pond feeling was why my brother moved to Wichita. Nobody really makes it in a town that might as well be named Podunk.

3rd Place

Canary Yellow by Deafheaven

I took a look at the lyrics, but it isn’t that hard to make them out when I close my eyes and don’t let anything else distract me. And this song is definitely worth the meditation. This vampire death poetry music is surprisingly pleasant and very enjoyable. If I don’t stop myself from pressing repeat again, I’ll probably end up coming out of the trance to find I’ve lost a few hours.

2nd Place
Submitted by Aladyyn
Score: 9.4

Pale Light of Silver Moon by Falconer

And speaking of trances, these guitars and drums got me like whoa. I think this song might have brought me that much closer to shred nirvana.

1st Place
Submitted by Ampharos
Score: 9.6

Black Elephant by Little Suns

Oh, oh. Those strings, that accordion, those instruments all coming together into something fascinating. Your last sub may have been a soul read, but this one hits my ears where they live.

Outro:

Ampharos seizes a golden opportunity on the podium with Aladyyn and DLE… and knocks golden boy Newcomb off the top of the leaderboard!

Whoa, we’re halfway there! Whoa-oh! I’ve made this joke before!

Category 6 is S For Lisp. Between plans on the 10th and predicted but not set in stone plans sometime in the next two weeks, my schedule is currently tentative. Therefore, I’ll set the reveal for Monday the 14th at 2pm, with the expectation that this is likely to change (as if that’s anything new).

leonard (from big bang theory) , LordQuas, Dp101, Newcomb, apricity , Cancerous , and Pigjr1 should send some submissions by Sunday or sooner, so says I!

Okay, so three days in a row (including today) of offline events and internet streamlining may be good for my offline life, but not good for walrus judging. The reveal's been moved to Wednesday the 16th at 2pm.

Category 6 - S For Lisp

19th Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 3.6

MTC by S3RL

Otaku bashing slathered in heavy handed autotune… did you think I would actually like this song or were you just out of ideas?

18th Place
Submitted by Lectrys

Man! I Feel Like A Woman! by Shania Twain

Tfw your mind goes blank and you forget Saint-Saëns exists.

17th Place
Submitted by Pigjr1

The A Team by Ed Sheeran

Ngl, when I saw this I thought it might be from the A-Team movie soundtrack. Nope.

16th Place
Submitted by Adam

Man With Blue Dolphin by Stan Rogers

This guy’s got a nice voice. The choice of song didn’t strike as much of a chord with me as it could have, though. I blame living in a landlocked state where the nearest navigable lake is a 100 mile trip away from home.

15th Place
Submitted by LordQuas

Cities Of Gods by Sweatshop Union

Simple rhymes, good flow… am I a heel for thinking I prefer Gang Starr over this?

14th Place

Chocolate Matter by Sweet Trip

A little loud, a little chaotic, but I like it.

13th Place
Submitted by Dp101

When I’m There by S3RL ft. Nikolett

Now this is how you send S3RL. The autotune is a lighter touch and the lyrics are positive and hopeful. Even if I didn’t have that other sub to compare against, I would find this quite enjoyable.

12th Place
Submitted by Myzozoa

Fade By Sleater-Kinney

Ah, you’ve sent this to me before. When I don’t have to focus on whether or not the guitars melt my face off, this is pretty sweet.

11th Place
Submitted by VuvuzelaBzz

Blind Dogs by Soundgarden

Not my favorite Soundgarden song (I almost chose Spoonman as the outro), not even one of the well known tracks, but still a fine example of the band's sound.

10th Place
Submitted by Cancerous

Aoi Usagi by Sakai Noriko

A fine ballad. I hope I can find her on Pandora, I want to hear more of her voice.

Tied for 8th Place
Submitted by Aladyyn

Clap by SEVENTEEN

A nice high energy song with great harmonies. I think this could have done well in the boy band category, too.

Tied for 8th Place
Submitted by apricity

Bloody Well Right by Supertramp

Shoutout to Steven Snype. He knows why.

7th Place

Shout It Out Loud!!! by Stack

Now this artist, I’m sure I can’t find her on Pandora, and that’s a damn shame.

Tied for 5th Place
Submitted by leonard

Dead Weight by Jack Stauber

Oh, wow, he’s like Jerry Paper with a Know Your Meme page.

Tied for 5th Place
Submitted by Newcomb

Samba Pa Ti by Santana

Mmm, a feelgood jam session.

4th Place

Cold Cold Man by Saint Motel

I don’t watch trailers often. I don’t seek them out. But Snype sends me this song that he says was used in a Bojack Horseman trailer and now I wanna go watch a Bojack Horseman trailer.

3rd Place
Submitted by Zack

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us by Sufjan Stevens

This is a fine, sweet balance between Sufjan Stevens’s soothing voice and the driving instruments. I never expected I’d add Sufjan Stevens to my Pandora, but there he is on the to-add list now.

2nd Place

You’ll Find A Way by Santigold

This has got me groovin’. I just wanna unplug the earbuds, crank it, get up and dance.

1st Place
Submitted by Ampharos

Luminol by Steven Wilson

Hot dog, hot prog! There is never a dull moment in this song. Even the softest passage has a persistent motion to it, carrying itself from one movement to he next without resting. This is prog genius the likes of which I’ve only really heard in Thank You Scientist and now I want to seek out Steven Wilson’s discography and binge on it.

Outro:

Ampharos stays strong in the supreme scoring spot, snagging serious success side by side with Owner of A Lonely Heart and Zack.

Round 7 is Uncommonly Good. We’ll have a rare old time on Monday the 21st at 2pm.

leonard (from big bang theory) , LordQuas, Dp101, Newcomb, apricity , and Pigjr1 should be in rare form by Sunday the 20th at the latest! Please mention the uncommon instrument(s) when you send in your sub, since I’ll be double checking for disqualifying trends and listing the respective instruments in the reveal threads.

Once again, I have to ask, can you please send me your opinions on near matches for title tracks? I’m keeping a tally and will announce the results on Saturday the 26th. This will affect qualifiers for The Titleist, so be sure to make your stance known before it’s too late!

Category 7 - Uncommonly Good

Note: Some listings of qualifying instruments have been expanded on to include other uncommon instruments found in the song.

Our header features the harpsichord:

19th Place
Submitted by Zack

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel (featured instrument: musical saw)

This song is dedicated to all those young aspiring bows with symphony orchestra dreams who ended up cruelly sacrificed to the whims of hipsters with musical saws.

18th Place
Submitted by Pigjr1

Nobody’s Listening by Linkin Park (featured instrument: shakuhachi)

Either the flute is sampled or some poor guy had to play the same four bars ad nauseum. It’s a good sound despite the repetition.

17th Place
Submitted by Dp101

Explosion of Mob Feelings by Kawai Kenji (featured instrument: kazoo)

I (and many others) believe most people can’t play a kazoo to save their lives. Mr. Kawai just smiles and says “Boku no bīru o mottete.”

16th Place

The Bob’s Burgers Theme Song by Loren Bouchard (featured instruments: ukulele + xylophone)

[11:36 PM] BrainpanSonata: Iirc last ukulele i heard was Iz Kamakawiwo'ole and that was definitely apropos to the genre

Yeah, this is a great little instrumental piece. I wouldn’t mind hearing this repeatedly in a binge watching session.

15th Place

Organ Donor by DJ Shadow (featured instrument: organ)

Another repetitive song- but, again, not unpleasantly so. Reminds me a bit of Cure For The Itch.

14th Place

True Dreams Of Wichita by Soul Coughing (featured instrument: double bass)

Getting some serious Odelay vibes here.

13th Place
Submitted by Lebossle

Cherry Pop by S3rl ft. Gl!tch (featured instrument: sound effects as melody)

I’d be pretty happy if this suddenly... popped up on my Pandora… sorrynotsorry.

Tied for 11th Place
Submitted by Myzozoa

The Wheel by PJ Harvey (featured instruments: saxophone + hand claps as percussion)

Happy to hear a fine and full selection of backup vocalists, an underappreciated fixture of musical history.

Tied for 11th Place
Submitted by Newcomb

Devil And The Deed by Yeasayer (featured instrument: mbira/kalimba)

I own a kalimba. It’s nice to hear good things being done with one here.

10th Place
Submitted by LordQuas

Imaginary Places by Busdriver (featured instrument: clarinet)

Fast rappers are a rare breed. Fewer still do it to Bach.

9th Place
Submitted by apricity

Lone Digger by Caravan Palace (featured instruments: marimba + vibraphone)

An electroswing song with instruments that aren’t signature to the genre. Yeah, I’m surprised, too.

Tied for 7th Place
Submitted by Ampharos

My God by Jethro Tull (featured instruments: flute + recorder)

My goodness.

Tied for 7th Place

Qunka! by Hanazawa Kana (featured instrument: shamisen)

This dark horse goes surprisingly hard.

6th Place
Submitted by VuvuzelaBzz

The Sage by White Moth Black Butterfly (featured instrument: pipa)

Oh, that’s beautiful.

5th Place
Submitted by Cancerous

Automatonic Electronic Harmonics by Steam Powered Giraffe (featured instrument: melodica)

Ah, the melodica. Always dabbled in, but it’s never really found a genre to call home. I’m mainly entranced by those harmonics, but the melodica is a sweet addition. I think I could get behind melodica becoming a trend in steampunk music.

4th Place
Submitted by Adam

Lost On You by LP (featured instruments: shaker + tambourine)

I could talk about how the shaker and tambourine make for a solid backbone to the song. I could joke about how I’ve heard a song with a shaker solo. Or I could stop typing and just enjoy this.

3rd Place
Submitted by Aladyyn

I Don’t Speak Human by Omnia (featured instruments: hurdy-gurdy + slide didgeridoo)

The instruments work together so well, creating a beautiful melody to complement the singers' voices.

2nd Place
Submitted by Lectrys

Let the Battles Begin! by Whispered (featured instrument: shamisen)

VGM comes in a few specific subgenres. This cover is definitely what you call Epic VGM.

1st Place
Submitted by leonard

Pitiful Cave by Kikuo (featured instruments: steel drums + xylophone)

The song alternates between soft and subdued and exploding in steel drum-driven flurries of sound. Wow. Just… wow.

Our outro features the melodica:

Category 8 - Wanna Feel Old?

19th Place
Submitted by Aladyyn
Score: 5.9

Liberty Bell by The Gathering

Going from forte to fortissimo doesn’t exactly work here. If this didn’t run the risk of giving me a headache, I’d be into it.

18th Place
Submitted by Myzozoa

Straight To Hell by The Clash

Ah, good old Combat Rock.

17th Place
Submitted by Newcomb

Girl Talk by Oscar Peterson

I’m starting to think Ornette Coleman has spoiled me for jazz, but this is pretty nice.

16th Place
Submitted by LordQuas

MacArthur Park by Maynard Ferguson

Definitely better than the original.

15th Place
Submitted by Ampharos

El Scorcho by Weezer

Very happy to hear about the Teal Album. Pretty happy to hear this, too.

14th Place
Submitted by Lebossle

Revolutions by Jean Michel Jarre

I’m glad you gave me another chance to listen to Jarre’s body of work.

13th Place
Submitted by VuvuzelaBzz

Psychopomp by The Tea Party

I’ve got the first-timer thonking face on, but I like this guy’s voice.

12th Place
Submitted by Dp101

A Cruel Angel’s Thesis by Takahashi Yoko

Get in the fucking robot, Shinji

11th Place
Submitted by Cancerous

Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles

Kids, this song is the birth cry of that grand old time when MTV was actually about music.

10th Place
Submitted by apricity

Don’t Take Me Alive by Steely Dan

The funkiest CNN Breaking News Alert I've ever heard.

9th Place

Gold by Spandau Ballet

Tfw that first chorus kicks it up a notch

Tied for 7th Place
Submitted by Lectrys

Ytse Jam by Dream Theater

Mmm, a nice hot bowl of shred.

Tied for 7th Place
Submitted by Zack

Age Of Consent by New Order

Is this what people play to clap back when Jello Biafra says new wave is shit?

Tied for 5th Place
Submitted by Adam

Walking Spanish by Tom Waits

I’ve grown quite fond of Tom Waits since I first heard his music.

Tied for 5th Place

Space Boy by Dave Rodgers

Ever since my first walrus, I’ve had a weakness for Eurobeat.

4th Place
Submitted by Pigjr1

Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones

Ah, what a classic. An underappreciated funeral dirge with lyrics only half-remembered by most. Look deeper at a popular song and suddenly it’s a hidden gem.

3rd Place

One At A Time by The Who

Yeah, I can definitely dig how you like this song so much, Snype.

2nd Place
Submitted by leonard

Enter Sandman by Metallica

My love of Metallica often bleeds over into my walrus submissions, and yet somehow I’ve never sent Metallica’s best known song. All the better for me to enjoy in my own walrus.

1st Place
Score: 9.7

The Herald by Comus

This song is just gorgeous. Hearing the soprano hit those high notes brought a tear to my eye.

Outro:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)