Type OMelette [Coded-looking for server!]

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
TBH I strongly disagree with the Aegi unban. It doesn't add anything to the meta, all it really does is create a precedent of unbanning nerfed ubers in this meta.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Well the Omastar family is already Water type so it gets no type change... although I think the code would make Omastar pure Water anyway, atm, so that might need to be fixed.

Aegislash has been unbanned.
The meta is now known as Type Omelette. (Miles Eggsworth was most popluar, but I think SpartanMalie was right in saying it doesn't sound like a meta name at all :P)
Updated code to reflect these changes [and in the case of Omastar/Kabutops fixed that; I wasn't sure how it worked anyway :P]

Thank you very much :] Might need to update it soon though...

Yeah, that'll probably be easier, thanks. JustPasteIt ironically JustCrashes if I try to edit it. I'll do it when I have time.

Well the Omastar family is already Water type so it gets no type change... although I think the code would make Omastar pure Water anyway, atm, so that might need to be fixed.

Anyway, all sets will be added to the set post, and there are a few changes:
Aegislash has been unbanned.
The meta is now known as Type Omelette. (Miles Eggsworth was most popluar, but I think SpartanMalie was right in saying it doesn't sound like a meta name at all :P)

Thanks for the feedback!
how about Type OMelette? (basically just capitalize the M and turn it into a pun)
edit: never mind, that's already the name, he just didn't write it that way in the post

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Well in any case Type Omelette and Eggzhibit A were my suggestions too so :p
In all seriousness though, I think we should test Aegi out before making any decisions. On paper it seems like a nerf, but King's Shield might help mitigate its 4x weaknesses somehow (not EQ, though). Aegi was unbanned by default in Linked, and now banned again. So we may want to avoid that problem here. While it was obviously OP there, it's unclear here.

Some more interesting stuff.

-Heliolisk does, in fact, have natural access to both Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse, meaning it retains dual STABs. Most Heliolisk are using Volt Switch for harassment/momentum, rather than real damage, anyway, and it makes for an intriguing Sun or Rain choice. For Sun in particular, it is resistant or neutral to everything a Sun team is usually bothered by (Excepting that its weakness to Ice overlaps with Grass types) while having offenses that are good against some of Sun's consistent problems. (ie Dragon resists Fire and Grass alike, but Heliolisk can murder those)

-Druddigon is arguably a bit better now that it has access to STAB on Sucker Punch. Now if only Sucker Punch benefited from Sheer Force...

-Eelektross: arguably the better Rotom.

-Surprisingly, Archeops retains dual STABs: it has Aqua Tail. The loss of Head Smash STAB kind of sucks, but on the other hand it was a poor fit to Defeatist anyway. I'd argue the typing is also an improvement, defensively, since it now resists multiple forms of priority that are neutral (Mach Punch) or super effective (Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch) in Standard. Double weakness to Electric (and Freeze Dry) sucks a bit, though.

-Claydol's typing better suits its Ability. Still not a great choice, overall, and it's not like it gets Power Gem, but it's something...

-Ursaring does, in fact, have Earthquake. Guts-boosted STAB Earthquake off its Attack sounds pretty scary. Normal/Ground is even a decent attacking combination, only reliably stymied by certain Ghosts, Levitators, or Flying types.

-Similar deal with Granbull. Fairy/Ground is perfect coverage before you start getting into Levitate and certain Flying types, only Normal/Ground also has a weak synergy defensively. (Ground resisting Poison, covering Fairy's weakness)

-Magcargo has a type combination that isn't made of weaknesses! It's conceivable that it might actually use its recovery to be relevant. Maybe.

-Magmortar carries a pretty impressive Focus Blast now. Not sure how good it will be...

Nice OM, and nice name as well. I decided to create a spreadsheet containing the typings of every fully evolved Pokémon, along with NFE Pokémon that have different typing from their evolutions. (If there are any problems with it, please let me know and I will correct them as soon as I can.)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n_qoyChTA-Sb98dpwQpyl65kgR22mNY4Z8tK2Z7VkY/edit?usp=sharing
In doing so, I have found out what type combinations exist in this meta:
(* = belongs to one or several banned Pokémon)
  • monotypes: Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Water [11/18]
  • Bug+: Electric, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Grass, Ground, Poison, Psychic*, Rock, Steel, Water [10(+1)/17]
  • Dark+: Dragon, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Psychic*, Rock, Steel, Water [11(+1)/17]
  • Dragon+: Dark, Flying, Ground, Psychic, Water [5/17]
  • Electric+: Bug, Fairy, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Psychic, Rock, Water [8/17]
  • Fairy+: Electric, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Water [9/17]
  • Fighting+: Bug, Dark, Electric, Fire, Flying, Grass, Ground, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Water [11/17]
  • Fire+: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Psychic [6/17]
  • Flying+: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water [14/17]
  • Ghost+: Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fire, Flying, Grass, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Water [10/17]
  • Grass+: Bug, Dark, Fairy, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Water [10/17]
  • Ground+: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water [16/17]
  • Ice+: Dark, Fighting, Ground, Psychic, Rock, Water [6/17]
  • Normal+: Dark, Fairy, Flying, Ground, Psychic, Rock [6/17]
  • Poison+: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Psychic, Rock, Water [9/17]
  • Psychic+: Bug*, Dark*, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel, Water [15(+2)/17]
  • Rock+: Bug, Dark, Electric, Fairy, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Steel, Water [14/17]
  • Steel+: Bug, Dark, Flying, Ground, Psychic, Rock [6/17]
  • Water+: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Rock [14/17]
Total: 102(+2)/171
Something I noticed in my findings is that there are a lot fewer Steel-types available. (In fact, Steel is the second least common type!) This makes sense because Steel is one of five types that are not added through the Egg Group rule (the other four being Electric, Fire, Ice, and Poison—which, along with Steel, form the bottom five of common types (from least to most common: Ice, Steel, Poison, Electric, Fire)) and also one of the seven types to not be seen alone (the other six being Dark, Electric, Fire, Flying, Ice, and Poison). To be more specific, the only Steel-types in this meta are: Forretress, Steelix (now Steel/Rock), Scizor, Skarmory, Aggron (now Steel/Dark), Metagross (now Steel/Rock), Registeel (now Steel/Psychic), Jirachi, Bronzong (now Steel/Rock), Probopass, Dialga (Uber and now Steel/Psychic), Excadrill, Escavalier, Klinklang (now Steel/Rock), Durant, Cobalion (now Steel/Psychic), Aegislash (now Steel/Rock), and Klefki (now Steel/Rock).

In that case, here's what we have in terms of Steel-types:

Steel/Bug (Forretress)
  • Pros: 4x resistant to Grass; neutral to Fighting and Ground
  • Cons: 4x weak to Fire; neutral to Flying and Rock
Steel/Dark (Mega Aggron)
  • Pros: Resistant to Dark and Ghost; immune to Psychic (1.5x weak to Fire and Ground after Filter)
  • Cons: 4x weak to Fighting (3x with Filter); neutral to Bug and Fairy
Steel/Flying (Skarmory)
  • Pros: Immune to Ground; neutral to Fighting; 4x resistant to Grass and Bug
  • Cons: Weak to Electric; neutral to Ice and Rock
Steel/Ground (Excadrill)
  • Pros: Immune to Electric; 4x resistant to Rock
  • Cons: Weak to Water; neutral to Grass and Ice
Steel/Psychic (Jirachi)
  • Pros: Neutral to Fighting; 4x resistant to Psychic
  • Cons: Weak to Ghost and Dark; neutral to Bug
Steel/Rock w/ Levitate (Bronzong)
  • Pros: Neutral to Fire; 4x resistant to Normal and Flying; immune to Ground
  • Cons: 4x weak to Fighting (and Mold Breaker EQ); weak to Water; neutral to Steel and Grass

Forretress, Skarmory, Excadrill, and Jirachi are as useful as they've ever been, but the type changes of Bronzong and Mega Aggron are rather problematic, although more so for Mega Aggron because its best Dark STAB is Payback. Kind of a bummer that Heatran and Ferrothorn are no longer Steel, not to mention they have next to nothing for STAB on their new types (Heatran has no Psychic STAB outside of Hidden Power, and all Ferrothorn has for Rock STAB is...Rollout). So, yeah, Steel-types take quite a hit in this meta.

Additionally, I suppose I'll talk about abilities that contribute to weakness and resistance (note that any Pokémon without a type indicated has its type unchanged):
  • Drizzle: Politoed
  • Drought: Mega Charizard Y (Dark/Dragon), Ninetales (Fire/Ground)
  • Dry Skin: Parasect, Jynx (Ice/Fighting), Toxicroak, Heliolisk (Dark/Dragon)
  • Filter: Mr. Mime (Psychic/Fighting), Aggron-Mega (Steel/Dark)
  • Flash Fire: Ninetales (Fire/Ground), Arcanine (Fire/Ground), Rapidash (Fire/Ground), Flareon (Fire/Ground), Typhlosion (Fire/Ground), Houndoom (Dark/Ground), Entei (Fire/Psychic), Heatran (Fire/Psychic), Chandelure, Heatmor (Fire/Ground)
  • Heatproof: Bronzong (Steel/Rock)
  • Levitate: Gengar, Weezing (Poison/Ghost), Unown, Flygon (Ground/Bug), Lunatone, Solrock, Claydol (Psychic/Rock), Chimecho (Psychic/Ghost), Latias, Latias-Mega, Latios, Latios-Mega, Mismagius, Bronzong (Steel/Rock), Carnivine, Rotom (all formes; Electric/Ghost), Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Eelektross (Electric/Ghost), Cryogonal (Ice/Rock), Hydreigon
  • Lightning Rod: Raichu (Ground/Fairy), Marowak (Ground/Dark), Seaking, Sceptile-Mega (Dark/Dragon), Manectric (Electric/Ground), Plusle (Electric/Fairy), Zebstrika (Electric/Ground)
  • Motor Drive: Electivire (Electric/Fighting), Zebstrika (Electric/Ground), Emolga (Electric/Ground)
  • Sap Sipper: Azumarill, Girafarig (Normal/Ground), Stantler (Normal/Ground), Miltank (Normal/Ground), Zebstrika (Electric/Ground), Sawsbuck (Normal/Ground), Bouffalant (Normal/Ground), Gogoat (Grass/Ground), Goodra
  • Solid Rock: Camerupt, Rhyperior (Dark/Ground), Carracosta
  • Storm Drain: Cradily (Rock/Water), Gastrodon (Water/Ghost), Lumineon, Maractus
  • Thick Fat: Venusaur-Mega (Dark/Grass), Dewgong (Water/Ground), Snorlax (Normal/Dark), Azumarill, Miltank (Normal/Ground), Hariyama, Grumpig (Psychic/Ground), Walrein (Water/Ground), Purugly (Normal/Ground), Mamoswine
  • Volt Absorb: Jolteon (Electric/Ground), Lanturn, Raikou (Electric/Psychic), Minun (Electric/Fairy), Pachirisu (Ground/Fairy), Thundurus (Electric/Psychic)
  • Water Absorb: Poliwrath, Lapras (Dark/Water), Vaporeon (Water/Ground), Lanturn, Politoed, Quagsire, Mantine, Suicune (Water/Psychic), Cacturne (Grass/Fighting), Seismitoad, Maractus, Jellicent
  • Wonder Guard: Shedinja (Bug/Rock)
Evidently, Sap Sipper and Wonder Guard are the main points of interest...and maybe Levitate and Thick Fat as well. Nothing else is too interesting, though.

What I'm getting at here is an attempt to analyze two-type move combinations and figure out any resistances there may be in this OM. This portion is quite long, so I'll hide it.
  • Fairy/Ghost coverage is unresisted (apart from Shedinja), as Normal/Fire does not exist. (Unfortunately, Castform is the only Fairy/Ghost type, and it doesn't even get Fairy STAB. You had one job, Castform...)
  • Fairy/Dark is also perfect coverage (apart from Shedinja), as Fairy/Steel does not exist. (Unfortunately, there are no Fairy/Dark types.)
  • Poison/Water and Poison/Grass are the only combinations to resist Fairy/Water coverage. This means Manaphy can run a set with Scald, Dazzling Gleam, and Psychic for perfect coverage. (Azumarill, on the other hand, does not have the luxury of a physical Psychic-type attack. Still, Knock Off hits both resistant type combinations neutrally.)
  • EdgeQuake has resistances in Grass/Fighting, Grass/Ground, and Bronzong. The best extra coverage types are Fire (2/3 SE) and Fighting (1/3 SE). Golem and Golurk are the only fully evolved Pokémon with STAB on the combo, which are hardly relevant threats, but it seems to be the best coverage for Rock moves and Ground moves alike.
  • Electric/Water is now the only type combination in the way of Flying/Water coverage...is what I would say if Cradily (now Rock/Water) didn't have anything to say about it. I suppose at least Archeops can break through both with Earthquake. (Still, its Flying STAB is not much to behold.)
  • BoltBeam is unresisted outside of abilities (no Ice/Electric, Fire/Electric, or Steel/Electric). That said, while the original four (Seaking, Lanturn, Mamoswine, and Shedinja) remain resistant, Thick Fat Dewgong and Walrein join the party. Rock seems to be the only all-encompassing solution to these resistances, although if Shedinja isn't a problem, using a Grass move would be more preferable.
  • The Rotoms no longer provide resistance to Ice/Ground, but now we have an actually serious Bug/Water type in Drapion. (Well, the term "serious" may be subjective here, but at least it's no Surskit.) Bronzong, Cryogonal, and Shedinja make three more resistances, and sadly, there is no way to hit all four for neutral damage. Water and Steel are resisted by Drapion, Rock is resisted by Bronzong, and Shedinja is immune to everything else. If, however, Shedinja isn't a problem, Fire or Ghost can hit the other three for neutral damage.
  • Normal/Water is only resisted by Water/Ghost, Grass/Ghost, and Cradily. No move can hit all three super-effectively barring Freeze-Dry, but a Ghost or Dark move hits Cradily neutrally and others super-effectively. No Pokémon gets STAB on it, but it's the best possible coverage involving Normal-type moves.
  • The only type combinations resisting Flying/Fighting coverage are Electric/Fairy, Ghost/Electric, Ghost/Rock, and Psychic/Electric. Although Ground hits all of these types super-effectively, some of them have Levitate (e.g., Eelektross and Rotom). Yeah, there's Mold Breaker Hawlucha, but there's no reason to run it for that sole purpose. In terms of rounding off the coverage, Water and Rock are best because they also hit Shedinja. If Shedinja is not a problem, Ghost can be used to hit more things super-effectively.
  • Flying/Ground only has Flying/Rock as a resistance due to typing, yet there are plenty of resistances due to ability: Shedinja, Lunatone, Solrock, Claydol (Psychic/Rock), Bronzong (Steel/Rock), Rotom, Eelektross (Electric/Ghost), and Cryogonal (Ice/Rock). Water hits all of these for neutral or higher, and Ghost hits all but Shedinja. Sadly, though, the only STAB users are Farfetch'd (terrible stats) and Swoobat (nerfed by loss of STAB Stored Power), which, might I add, don't even have usable Ground STAB.
  • Normal/Ground is a typing shared by many Pokémon, a few notable ones being Tauros, Ursaring, Slaking, Bouffalant, and Diggersby. However, it suffers worse than Normal/Water in terms of what resists it. A majority of the type combinations resisting Normal/Ground coverage still remain: Ghost/Flying, Rock/Flying, and Grass/Ghost. Additionally, plenty of Pokémon resist by ability: Gengar, Weezing (Poison/Ghost), Lunatone, Solrock, Claydol (Psychic/Rock), Chimecho (Psychic/Ghost), Bronzong (Steel/Rock), Rotom (Electric/Ghost), Eelektross (Electric/Ghost), Cryogonal (Ice/Rock), and of course Shedinja. Because there are so many resists, unfortunately, there is no one type that rounds off the coverage completely, but a Ghost or Dark move takes care of everything but Shedinja.
  • While Rock/Fighting doesn't have any STAB users, as far as pure Fighting-types go, this coverage is a good alternative for those that do not have a reliable Flying-type move (in other words, basically all of them). Resistant type combinations are Psychic/Ground, Psychic/Fighting, Ground/Poison, Poison/Fighting, and Fairy/Ground. Ice hits 3/5 super-effectively, while Ghost and Flying hit 2/5 and Steel hits 1/5. Water also hits 3/5 super-effectively, but note that Toxicroak, the only Poison/Fighting type, has Dry Skin.

I suppose that's all I have for analysis, at least for now.

an attempt to analyze two-type move combinations and figure out any resistances there may be in this OM.
There's also Freeze-Dry + Water which is normally only evaded by Shedinja and resisted by Dry Skin Jinx. All normal Pokémon with Freeze-Dry are Ice types which makes them a bit weak defensively, but Aurorus and Lapras both switch their Ice type for Dark which might help them out a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)