Multi Gen Ubers Premier League IV - General Admin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello, to avoid cluttering up the subforum with a bunch of threads I am going to make one thread for any and all UPL administrative matters. This thread will contain:

• Rosters
  • Auction Logs and Prices
  • Season Schedule
  • Trades, Retentions, and Sellbacks
  • Administrative Decisions
Teams:

The Grand Helix Fossils, Managed by Level 56
Credits: 1000 | Players: FLCL / ZoroarkForever / Pohjis / shrang / ogasian / orch / ShadowQuinn / Haruno / Fortune / Peli / 49 / rozes / ogasian

DaReal Drizzlers, Managed by Nayrz
Credits: 2000 | Players: Minority Suspect / Hack / BKC / Evuelf / WreckDra / Jirachee / old news / Dilwar / benbe / Tricking / Freeroamer / The Trap God

The Glorious Genesects, Managed by yohoE
Credits: 1500 | Players: March Fires / hyw / Blim / malefic / Lutra / absdaddy / Krauersaut / Bomber. / James Jimmy / GaryTheGengar / Shiny Girl / soviet

the really good reshirams, Managed by Raseri
Credits: 10500 | Players: Steve Angello / Isa / PROBLEMS / Transcendent God Champion / Finchinator / Alex Walls / Aurora / av Kakuna / Bouffalant / Omfuga / soulgazer / Pearl

The Defiant Durians, Managed by Astounded
Credits: 500 | Players: Tomahawk / Sweep / Kebabe / Safes / Lacus Clyne / idiotfrommars / Sam / Kingler12345 / Lasagne / DracoMaster Dab / atomicllamas / jrp

The Soul Dew Strongs, Managed by Mr.378
Credits: 3500 | Players: Conflict / Lord Outrage / TGMD / boudouche / ZoroDark / D4RR3N / Vileman / PoMMan / SoulWind / Mysterious M / trc / Thugly Duckling

Tomahawk: 11500 (The Defiant Durians)
FLCL: 13000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
Minority Suspect: 10000 (DaReal Drizzlers)
March Fires: 11000 (The Glorious Genesects)
Conflict: 10500 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
Steve Angello: 10000 (the really good reshirams)
ZoroarkForever: 20000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
Hack: 16500 (DaReal Drizzlers)
Lord Outrage: 16000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
Pohjis: 10000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
Sweep: 20000 (The Defiant Durians)
TGMD: 12000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
Isa: 17000 (the really good reshirams)
Kebabe: 10000 (The Defiant Durians)
hyw: 6500 (The Glorious Genesects)
shrang: 9000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
BKC: 16500 (DaReal Drizzlers)
Safes: 8500 (The Defiant Durians)
Lacus Clyne: 9000 (The Defiant Durians)
PROBLEMS: 14500 (the really good reshirams)
boudouche: 13000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
soviet: 9000 (The Grand Helix Fossils) (traded to Genesects for 10k)
Blim: 30000 (The Glorious Genesects)
malefic: 10000 (The Glorious Genesects)
Evuelf: 13500 (DaReal Drizzlers)
ZoroDark: 6000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
orch: 8000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
Transcendent God Champion: 7000 (the really good reshirams)
Lutra: 5000 (The Glorious Genesects)
idiotfrommars: 12500 (The Defiant Durians)
WreckDra: 8500 (DaReal Drizzlers)
Jirachee: 14500 (DaReal Drizzlers)
Finchinator: 6000 (the really good reshirams)
ShadowQuinn: 14000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
absdaddy: 8000 (The Glorious Genesects)
Sam: 10500 (The Defiant Durians)
D4RR3N: 6000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
Vileman: 8000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
Haruno: 6000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
Alex Walls: 5500 (the really good reshirams)
Krauersaut: 3000 (The Glorious Genesects)
Kingler12345: 5500 (The Defiant Durians)
Aurora: 6000 (the really good reshirams)
PoMMan: 4500 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
av Kakuna: 5000 (the really good reshirams)
Fortune: 6000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
Bouffalant: 4500 (the really good reshirams)
SoulWind: 9500 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
Mysterious M: 3000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
old news: 3000 (DaReal Drizzlers)
Peli: 5000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
Omfuga: 6000 (the really good reshirams)
Bomber.: 3000 (The Glorious Genesects)
Lasagne: 3000 (The Defiant Durians)
DracoMaster Dab: 3000 (The Defiant Durians)
James Jimmy: 4000 (The Glorious Genesects)
soulgazer: 5000 (the really good reshirams)
Dilwar: 3000 (DaReal Drizzlers)
trc: 3000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
Thugly Duckling: 5000 (The Soul Dew Strongs)
benbe: 3000 (DaReal Drizzlers)
Pearl: 3000 (the really good reshirams)
GaryTheGengar: 4000 (The Glorious Genesects)
atomicllamas: 3000 (The Defiant Durians)
Tricking: 3500 (DaReal Drizzlers)
Shiny Girl: 4000 (The Glorious Genesects)
Freeroamer: 3000 (DaReal Drizzlers)
The Trap God: 3000 (DaReal Drizzlers)
jrp: 3000 (The Defiant Durians)
ogasian: 3000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
49: 3000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)
rozes: 3000 (The Grand Helix Fossils)

Auction Log: http://pastebin.com/iNpWEFkw

Week 1
really good reshirams vs Soul Dew Strongs
DaReal Drizzlers vs Grand Helix Fossils
Defiant Durians vs Glorious Genesects

Week 2
really good reshirams vs Defiant Durians
DaReal Drizzlers vs Soul Dew Strongs
Grand Helix Fossils vs Glorious Genesects

Week 3
really good reshirams vs DaReal Drizzlers
Defiant Durians vs Grand Helix Fossils
Soul Dew Strongs vs Glorious Genesects

Week 4
really good reshirams vs Grand Helix Fossils
DaReal Drizzlers vs Glorious Genesects
Defiant Durians vs Soul Dew Strongs

Week 5
really good reshirams vs Glorious Genesects
DaReal Drizzlers vs Defiant Durians
Grand Helix Fossils vs Soul Dew Strongs

Trade Rules

You can trade whatever but cannot go below the minimum team size of 10 players. Managers, if you wish to make a trade, PM me with the details and I'll make it happen. Both managers must give explicit agreement or no trade will go through.

None yet.

Decision Log

I'll keep a log here of anything relating to activity/disconnect decisions or other rulings that need my attention.

None yet.

This thread will be updated with new stuff as necessary.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Astounded Level 56 Nayrz Mr.378 yohoE Raseri

Retentions are OPEN. Here is how they work:

You will PM me the name of the player you wish to retain. You will pay either 10k or that player's price from last year + 3k, whichever is greater. You may only retain one player, so choose wisely. You should have been provided already with your previous rosters + prices to give you an idea of your retention pools.

The really good reshirams will draw from the player pool of the Skymins from last year.

You may also trade retention rights of players, either for money or the retention rights of another player. To do this, both managers must PM me confirming the trade. I will not execute the trade unless I get confirmation from both parties.

This should go without saying, but please make sure the player you want to retain is actually signed up for the tournament before you declare the retention. The player in question also needs to confirm with me that they want to be retained.

Please ask me any questions if you have any.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
The auction has concluded! We had a couple technical issues, but overall things worked out. Here are the final rosters for UPL IV:

The Grand Helix Fossils, Managed by Level 56
Credits: 1000 | Players: FLCL / ZoroarkForever / Pohjis / shrang / ogasian / orch / ShadowQuinn / Haruno / Fortune / Peli / 49 / rozes / ogasian

DaReal Drizzlers, Managed by Nayrz
Credits: 2000 | Players: Minority Suspect / Hack / BKC / Evuelf / WreckDra / Jirachee / old news / Dilwar / benbe / Tricking / Freeroamer / The Trap God

The Glorious Genesects, Managed by yohoE
Credits: 1500 | Players: March Fires / hyw / Blim / malefic / Lutra / absdaddy / Krauersaut / Bomber. / James Jimmy / GaryTheGengar / Shiny Girl / soviet

the really good reshirams, Managed by Raseri
Credits: 10500 | Players: Steve Angello / Isa / PROBLEMS / Transcendent God Champion / Finchinator / Alex Walls / Aurora / av Kakuna / Bouffalant / Omfuga / soulgazer / Pearl

The Defiant Durians, Managed by Astounded
Credits: 500 | Players: Tomahawk / Sweep / Kebabe / Safes / Lacus Clyne / idiotfrommars / Sam / Kingler12345 / Lasagne / DracoMaster Dab / atomicllamas / jrp

The Soul Dew Strongs, Managed by Mr.378
Credits: 3500 | Players: Conflict / Lord Outrage / TGMD / boudouche / ZoroDark / D4RR3N / Vileman / PoMMan / SoulWind / Mysterious M / trc / Thugly Duckling

Week 1 will begin on Monday, January 18th at 12:00 PM Midnight EST. Managers may also conduct trades now if they wish.

If you got drafted, congratulations! If not, keep an eye out for midseason!

OP will be edited with season schedule, auction logs, and player prices ASAP. The most expensive draft was Blim for a whopping 30k!

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Standings after W1 (in order of W-T-L)

1. Glorious Genesects - 1-0-0 (+4 BD)
1. Soul Dew Strongs - 1-0-0 (+4 BD)
3. DaReal Drizzlers - 1-0-0 (+2 BD)
4. Grand Helix Fossils - 0-0-1 (-2 BD)
5. really good reshirams - 0-0-1 (-4 BD)
5. Defiant Durians - 0-0-1 (-4 BD)

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Standings after W2 (in order of W-T-L)

1. DaReal Drizzlers - 2-0-0 (+6 BD)
2. Glorious Genesects - 1-1-0 (+4 BD)
3. Soul Dew Strongs - 1-0-1 (+0 BD)
4. Grand Helix Fossils - 0-1-1 (-2 BD)
5. really good reshirams - 0-1-1 (-4 BD)
5. Defiant Durians - 0-1-1 (-4 BD)

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Re: Krauersaut Trade

The Genesects attempted to trade Krauersaut to the SoulDews for auction credits, with the intention that the SoulDews would immediately sell him back so that both parties could pick up an new player this season. While the sellback policy of UPL in its current form does not forbid this, it is not hard to see that this maneuver is grossly unfair to Krauersaut, who is not inactive and cannot be proven to be team cancer. In short, there is no good reason to sell him back.

The trade has been annulled and the 3.5k credits he was traded for remain in the hands of the SoulDews. In addition, the Genesect's subsequent bid on polop has been cancelled due to no longer having sufficient funds.

To be fair to the Genesects, their manager did check with me beforehand to see if such a maneuver would be hypothetically permissible. However, after seeing what has happened and discussing the issue with a few relevant parties, I have concluded that the UPL sellback policy in its current form has the potential to be abused in petty ways that are not fair to active players. To prevent further issues, I will be changing our sellback policy to be stricter and more in line with that used for SPL. From now onwards, a sellback is only valid if the player to be sold meets one of the following requirements:

1. User is a team cancer (as to be judged by myself and/or TDs and evidenced by logs)
2. User has quit
3. User has disappeared
4. User is inactive to the point if not being able to schedule and complete battles of their own accord. This includes largely IRC inactivity, but forum inactivity will carry weight as well. If the battler has low activity but is still able to schedule by themselves and conduct their own battles, that is not grounds for a sellback.

Combinations of the above factors will also be taken into account. Eligibility for sellback will be determined entirely by the host.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Re: Transcendent God Champion vs WreckDra

WreckDra and Transcendent God Champion scheduled over VM, the former telling the latter that he would catch him on Wed, Thurs, or Sat around the times TGC would be available. The game did not occur during WreckDra's proposed times, and WreckDra made no further attempts to schedule a definitive time, leading to TGC making a claim for an activity win.

WreckDra doesn't really have a leg to stand on here since there is evidence he was online between the end of VM correspondence and TGC's activity post (yet did not attempt to schedule a definitive time for the game), and TGC's proposed times of availability were pretty generous.

TGC gets the activity win.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Standings after W3 (in order of W-T-L)

1. DaReal Drizzlers - 2-0-1 (+4 BD)
2. Glorious Genesects - 1-2-0 (+4 BD)
3. Soul Dew Strongs - 1-1-1 (+0 BD)
3. Grand Helix Fossils - 1-1-1 (-1 BD)
3. really good reshirams - 1-1-1 (-2 BD)
6. Defiant Durians - 0-1-2 (-4 BD)

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Re: Omfuga vs Shadowquinn

Shadowquinn timed out on Turn 17 in a 5-4 situation. Neither player sent in teams.

Usually when we have a timeout, I have the following options:

1.) Give Omfuga the win if he had it 100%
2.) Give Shadowquinn the win if he had it 100%
3.) See it is a timeout, and give Omfuga the win
4.) See it is a timeout, notice the lack of notification, and declare a recreation of the battle at that point

Unfortunately my decision in this situation is dictated simply by logical dominoes. I can't do 1 because Omfuga didn't have a 100% win (though he did have a clear advantage), and I can't do 2 because Shadowquinn didn't have a 100% win. I cannot do 4 either because I do not have teams from either player.

So my only option remaining is to declare Shadowquinn the loser by timeout. Omfuga gets the win.

Moral of the story: SUBMIT YOUR TEAMS

Also, this is more of a personal pet peeve, but if you can avoid playing on your phone...please do so. I acknowledge that sometimes you might not have another choice, but there's no reason to risk situations like this if you have the option to play later on a computer with a more reliable Internet connection.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Standings after W4 (in order of W-T-L)

1. DaReal Drizzlers - 3-0-1 (+8 BD)
2. really good reshirams - 2-1-1 (-1 BD)
3. Glorious Genesects - 1-2-1 (+0 BD)
4. Soul Dew Strongs - 1-1-2 (-2 BD)
4. Grand Helix Fossils - 1-1-2 (-2 BD)
4. Defiant Durians - 1-1-2 (-2 BD)

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Hope you guys are ready for the yearly unpopular match call!

Re: PROBLEMS vs March Fires

Regardless of whether or not it was an accident, PROBLEMS forfeited on Turn 29 in a 4-2 situation against March Fires. While PROBLEMS was in a commanding position and was very likely to win the game, it should be noted that the "100% guaranteed win" clause for DCs only applies when you actually have a 100% guaranteed win. PROBLEMS only has one scenario in which he has a guaranteed win: his Genesect is Scarfed. If it wasn't, then March Fires would have a small chance to win via Outrage crits.

However, here's the problem - I can't verify that PROBLEMS's Genesect was Scarfed. I don't have his team. Furthermore, it was only in battle for one turn where it was immediately Roared away, so there is no way to discern its set 100% from the replay.

I can't recreate the match either since I don't have teams.

Therefore, the only thing I can really do here is to give the benefit of the doubt - and the win - to March Fires, since I cannot prove that PROBLEMS actually had a 100% guaranteed win at the point of match forfeiture.

If only a foolproof way to protect yourself was a simple PM away...

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Hope you guys are ready for the yearly unpopular match call!

Re: PROBLEMS vs March Fires

Regardless of whether or not it was an accident, PROBLEMS forfeited on Turn 29 in a 4-2 situation against March Fires. While PROBLEMS was in a commanding position and was very likely to win the game, it should be noted that the "100% guaranteed win" clause for DCs only applies when you actually have a 100% guaranteed win. PROBLEMS only has one scenario in which he has a guaranteed win: his Genesect is Scarfed. If it wasn't, then March Fires would have a small chance to win via Outrage crits.

However, here's the problem - I can't verify that PROBLEMS's Genesect was Scarfed. I don't have his team. Furthermore, it was only in battle for one turn where it was immediately Roared away, so there is no way to discern its set 100% from the replay.

I can't recreate the match either since I don't have teams.

Therefore, the only thing I can really do here is to give the benefit of the doubt - and the win - to March Fires, since I cannot prove that PROBLEMS actually had a 100% guaranteed win at the point of match forfeiture.

If only a foolproof way to protect yourself was a simple PM away...
This decision is now overturned as I have received proof that PROBLEMS did have a 100% win, based off the challenge logs at the time of the battle.

PROBLEMS will get the win instead of March Fires.

You should still send in teams so we don't have to bother PS Admins though. n_n

Fireburn

BARN ALL
W5 Activity Calls:

Not gonna post extensive reasoning since these don't matter much, but if you want it PM me.

Lance vs passion - Lance wins

innovamania vs Lutra - Lutra wins

Trap God vs Safes - Trap God wins

Jirachee vs Tomahawk - ded

BKC vs HODOR - BKC wins

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Standings after W5 (in order of W-T-L)

1. DaReal Drizzlers - 4-0-1 (+11 BD)
2. really good reshirams - 3-1-1 (+3 BD)

3. Soul Dew Strongs - 1-2-2 (-2 BD)
3. Grand Helix Fossils - 1-2-2 (-2 BD)
3. Glorious Genesects - 1-2-2 (-4 BD)
6. Defiant Durians - 1-1-3 (-2 BD)

RE: ShadowQuinn / old news spooky ghosting drama:

As you guys know, old news has revealed evidence that he has routinely ghosted shadowquinn. The logs appear to be 100% authentic (example: http://imgur.com/a/jxZwz). Ghosting is strictly prohibited for obvious reasons and obviously Fireburn and I are going to do what we can to discourage it. Yes, this includes "cosplay." Although providing calcs is fine, giving battle advice most certainly is not. UPL will proceed as scheduled with no interruptions, which is why I am posting this here in this first place.

Decision: Both will be given a 2 point Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction, and will also receive a 6 month seasonal / Ubers subforum tourban.

Anyone else that has ghosted someone -- or admits to being ghosted -- is encouraged to PM Fireburn and I so we can go on a nice stroll through the park. I can assure you that if you admit to involvement with ghosting, your punishment will not be particularly harsh. If you stay quiet and screenshots are later unveiled, then you risk getting The Whip. I am serious when I say that you are strongly encouraged to come forward to us if you have any information. This is not a witch hunt, Fireburn and I have no interest in encouraging anyone to leave the community. We just want to know how deep the rabbit hole is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)