Other Metagames Ugly Monotype Swift Swim Abuse Team

Hello yung memers of monotype, you may know me, EricSaysHi as a cteamer but i can also build generic ass teams pretty well! I made this team for battle of the types 2 on origin. kudos to ArkenCiel and SaNeski for their help testing and using this team! scpinion to get put on mono site :]

Sheer Memes SS

Eric's Sharpenis (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Ice Fang

Sharpedo Mega, the love of my life. Psychic running around in monotype is a huge threat, at +2 speed sharpedo can 2hko slowbro (watch out for the twave lol) and ohko every other common psychic pokemon

Eric's Sample Toed (Politoed) @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Rest

Obvious rain bringer, eject button to switch in on the weak u-turn to get 5 turns of kingdra/ludi/seis. Perish song to help with clefable, toxic to cripple lati@s/kyurem black and other stall type mons that love to switch in on toed. Rest is used over coverage moves such as ice beam or encore to help with longevity in battles where you need to set up rain alot. it also helps in the pp stall games that we all know and love.

Ticken (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Rain Sweeper, Decimates ground, opposing water and great coverage vs flying and other common types. Also secondary rain dancer in case something happens to toed *cough bad predictions*

Sea Whorse (Kingdra) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

2nd Special Swift Swimmer, all I have to say is POWER, modest specs in the rain surf is ultra powerful and even through resists it can motor through teams. Surf over hydro because missing sucks! Pulse over draco so i can sweep without having to switch out. Ice beam for coverage and HP Fire (seems kind of redundant on a rain team) 2hkos ferrothorn and otherwise this team gets destroyed by it if power whip.

Neski (Seismitoad) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Scald

Rocker, electric immunity both a must for any swift swim mono, Mixed is used to maximize seis' moveset. EQ to hit steel types and electric mons for SE damage and stab. Knock off to hound psychic. Scald for burns and stab, covers skarmory (also surprise factor of mixed helps in matchups where i just want to fish for damage) I am hasty over a + attacking nature because otherwise scarf 108's like terrakion and keldeo spoil my fun in the rain and "meme" me. 271 x 2 = 542 (Seis hasty speed). 247 x 2 = 494 (Seis regular speed nature) then you have scarf terrakion/keldeo at 346 x 1.5 = 519 (108 scarf speed)
The + speed nature is necessary and I don't miss the power shift as it still can easily do its job (set up rocks and knock off stuff :D)

Retarded Bunny (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Knock Off

POWERHOUSE adamant band destroys dark and superpower is an answer to ferrothorn :D. Banded jet can 2hko every fire type except for torkoal in regular weather. Knock off for coverage. Play rough for stab. Azumarill allows me to have a draco switch-in and powerful priority.

Ferrothorn: With support can absolutely destroy the team

Ludicolo can hurt it if played correctly as giga drain 2hkos 6/6 mons.

Breloom is a bitch to deal with as bullet seed 1 shots every single mon I have, try to sack something that outspeeds it early on to bring down to sash then play from there.
Rotom-Wash threatens my team as i cannot OHKO it and when it burns me on every mon it can be a problem.

Mega Venusaur is the normal anti water pokemon and i can only kill it with a crunch from mega pedo + a dragon pulse from kingdra.

Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, can destroy my team if i do not out predict them on their SD (Pinsir) or Coverage move (Hera)

For all you team stealers out there (looking at you ace and half of dethroner's bitches who steal a classic team and try to change it to make it "worse", you know who you are. Like the dolphindude14 wannabe.
Eric's Sharpenis (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Ice Fang

Eric's Sample Toed (Politoed) @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Rest

Ticken (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Sea Whorse (Kingdra) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Neski (Seismitoad) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Scald

Retarded Bunny (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Hey, EricSaysHi!

Your team description is a tiny bit vague, but I'll try and rate your team! I had a Mono-Water team based around Rain as well, so I kind of have an idea of what's good and what's not.

Firstly, in your Threats section, you mention a few Grass Types. If you want to counter this, you need to use Sap Sipper Azumarill, and switch in whenever you suspect a Leaf Storm, or any other grass type move. Life Orb Contrary Serperior with +2 from Leaf Storm sweeps your entire team.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ludicolo: 382-450 (126.9 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sharpedo: 1087-1282 (386.8 - 456.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 164+ SpD Politoed: 595-702 (155.3 - 183.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kingdra: 445-524 (152.9 - 180%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Seismitoad: 1939-2293 (522.6 - 618%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 923-1087 (240.3 - 283%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Run this set instead:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Secondly, your description for Seismitoad is good. But there is a much better Pokemon that can do the same thing; Swampert. Use this set for it:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Thirdly, Perish Song on Politoed is pretty much an unreliable strategy, and often fails. Replace Perish Song with Encore as the Toxic/Encore combination can easily counter Pokemon like Mega Slowbro. Also, give it a 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe spread. The 96 Speed allows it to outspeed Azumarill, and if used right, can lock it into an Encore (so it keeps using Belly Drum). The HP and SpD investment helps it to last longer in the field.

Finally, you're right by saying that missing sucks, but, to be honest, with Kingdra and Choice Specs, your main focus is on dealing as much damage as you can, which is why I'd recommend sticking to Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor, as they have helped me sweep an entire Steel-Type team in rain.

That's all for now, I hope I've helped! Good Luck with your team!

tl;dr - Sap Sipper Azumarill, Swampert>Seismitoad, Encore>Peish Song on Politoed and 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe spread, Hydro Pump & Draco Meteor>Surf & Dragon Pulse.
I'm actually gonna recommend the Banded Azu set over av, bc w/o superpower, it's tbh just too weak. At least with choice band it's attack is boosted to a more or less usable level.

As for replacing Seismi, it's meant to be an offensive SR setter, I'm gonna disagree against swampert mostly to keep the offensive flow of the team.

EricSaysHi what I will suggest is maybe trying Mantine > Ludicolo, since your team doesn't have much of an answer to grass, and it goes great with covering a couple of sharpedo weaknesses, making a reliable switchin.

Hey, EricSaysHi!

Your team description is a tiny bit vague, but I'll try and rate your team! I had a Mono-Water team based around Rain as well, so I kind of have an idea of what's good and what's not.

Firstly, in your Threats section, you mention a few Grass Types. If you want to counter this, you need to use Sap Sipper Azumarill, and switch in whenever you suspect a Leaf Storm, or any other grass type move. Life Orb Contrary Serperior with +2 from Leaf Storm sweeps your entire team.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ludicolo: 382-450 (126.9 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sharpedo: 1087-1282 (386.8 - 456.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 164+ SpD Politoed: 595-702 (155.3 - 183.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kingdra: 445-524 (152.9 - 180%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Seismitoad: 1939-2293 (522.6 - 618%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 923-1087 (240.3 - 283%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Run this set instead:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Secondly, your description for Seismitoad is good. But there is a much better Pokemon that can do the same thing; Swampert. Use this set for it:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Thirdly, Perish Song on Politoed is pretty much an unreliable strategy, and often fails. Replace Perish Song with Encore as the Toxic/Encore combination can easily counter Pokemon like Mega Slowbro. Also, give it a 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe spread. The 96 Speed allows it to outspeed Azumarill, and if used right, can lock it into an Encore (so it keeps using Belly Drum). The HP and SpD investment helps it to last longer in the field.

Finally, you're right by saying that missing sucks, but, to be honest, with Kingdra and Choice Specs, your main focus is on dealing as much damage as you can, which is why I'd recommend sticking to Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor, as they have helped me sweep an entire Steel-Type team in rain.

That's all for now, I hope I've helped! Good Luck with your team!

tl;dr - Sap Sipper Azumarill, Swampert>Seismitoad, Encore>Peish Song on Politoed and 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe spread, Hydro Pump & Draco Meteor>Surf & Dragon Pulse.
First off grass is a very low use type so most likely if i am facing grass im gonna lose to mega venu + breloom along with serp, sacrificing my band and my stable ability to deal with ferrothorn on steel teams isn't just worth it. The point of swift swim is to have fast offensive pokemon that do high amounts of damage in a low amount of time. With swampert it ruins my momentum and effectively wastes turns of rain. I will however try out the spread and encore on politoed as it could help me counter set up sweepers like gyarados, lum berry bisharp, sub cm keldeo and one of the most dangerous pokemon in the game for swift swim, lum berry dragonite. I guess hydro/draco over surf/pulse depends on your preference, I prefer with kingdra to kill 2+ mons in a switchin so draco doesnt really fit my bill but for you it could definitely work well.

also "Replace Perish Song with Encore as the Toxic/Encore combination can easily counter Pokemon like Mega Slowbro." Mega Bro is banned from monotype so I dont have to worry about that!

I'm actually gonna recommend the Banded Azu set over av, bc w/o superpower, it's tbh just too weak. At least with choice band it's attack is boosted to a more or less usable level.

As for replacing Seismi, it's meant to be an offensive SR setter, I'm gonna disagree against swampert mostly to keep the offensive flow of the team.

EricSaysHi what I will suggest is maybe trying Mantine > Ludicolo, since your team doesn't have much of an answer to grass, and it goes great with covering a couple of sharpedo weaknesses, making a reliable switchin.
Thanks Stun! I will 100% try out mantine on the ladder today in the 1500-1600s, what set would you suggest for it? A classic specs one from kyo's crystal days?

bro use encore together with eject button, if it doesnt activate they shouldve used a status move u easily locked them into

Substitute over Ice Fang on Sharpedo increases your chance of winning against Psychic monos since you wouldn't have to worry about a T-wave from Slowbro.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)