Unbreakable Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Recently I stumbled across a Deoxys - D, Chansey and Umbreon core....

Just reading that you must have an idea of how frustrating that was but truly that's nothing compared to to the reality with good predictions.

I just honestly don't know how to deal with this, has anyone else encountered it?

It seems like the kind of thing you almost need to design a team specifically to beat.

Or better yet Heracross who has the STAB coverage moves needed to break all three, and makes them think twice about using any status on him due to guts...

Edit: Sableye also hard stops them with taunt...

canno

formerly The Reptile
Had heal bell for status and ways to cause damage, this was UU as well and Sableye is taunt bait himself
How?

The only pokemon that should be able to taunt Sableye are other Prankster-mon. (And the only viable one's I can think of are Whimsicott and Tornadus)

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Sableye has Prankster. There's no way any of those three can out-Taunt Sableye. Taunt also prevents Heal Bell and any sort of healing and Sableye has Recover to heal off all damage.

How?

The only pokemon that should be able to taunt Sableye are other Prankster-mon. (And the only viable one's I can think of are Whimsicott and Tornadus)
He can get taunted on the switch in, if he gets in he'll get behind a sub though and start firing off WoW and confuse ray like he does

He can get taunted on the switch in, if he gets in he'll get behind a sub though and start firing off WoW and confuse ray like he does
Chansey lacks taunt so you at least have one safe switch in from that core. Moreover, the other two will be stuck to either firing off a status then attacking once that happens its an easy switch in for Sableye and from there its GG against those three. Or if you happen to have any mon capable of at least threatening one of the three in the core that should provide a switch in opportunity for Sableye to enter as they switch to an appropriate wall. Also clearly you won't be using WoW on Umbreon (just taunt which should stop heal bell coming from either Chansey/Umbreon) since that has synchronize but on Deoxys-D and Chansey. With prankster it will ALWAYS go first against those three (and taunt affects even through a sub).

Mew is even better since it can proceed to set up after taunting any of the three, its speed is higher than Deoxys-D who is the fastest of the core you mentioned, and proceed to screw over your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)