Underused Pokemon Matchmaking Phase 2 [Week 29 - Nasty Plot Infernape]

lol what

+6 252 Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Chandelure: 230-271 (88.1 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

If we are gonna talk about what takes on Slurpuff, I think Doublade would be the correct answer.
Is my Slurpuff poorly trained? I never OHKO'd it even after hazard damage

Dad's Dad

Banned deucer.
Krookodile and Slurpuff

Slurpuff and Krookodile are like a match made in heaven, Slurpuff hates Doublade, Chandelure, Entei, Mega Aggron, and Bronzong. These are all Pokemon Krookodile threatens/traps/kills. Krookodile hates Hydreigon, Mienshao, Suicune, and Florges etc. These are all Pokemon Krookodile baits in and the good thing about this is Slurpuff can set up on these Pokemon (Though Scald burn from Suicune is annoying). Krookodile can get up Stealth Rock to aid Slurpuff's sweep and wear down its checks and counters, Krookodile also has Intimidate which helps Slurpuff set up on a plethora of threats. Slurpuff just being there protects Krookdile from Draco's, Outrage's, and High Jump Kick's. These are all common moves from common Scarfers in the tier. A Banded Krookodile also helps wear down Slurpuff's checks and counters with its powerful Earthquake's and Knock Off's that threaten all of the Pokemon Slurpuff has trouble with. These two are threatened by Mega Pidgeot and Scald so you can pair them up with Mega Ampharos who also helps Slurpuff come in easier with its slow Volt Switch!​

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Taking a page out of Baking With YABO (Sorry bud I sniped you). Here's a cool memento Chandy set, with BD Slurpuff.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Memento
- Trick

The basic premise of this set is to catch its switch-ins (most common Hydreigon) off guard with a memento. That's where you bring in the monster, Slurpuff to set up its Belly Drum and start running through the team. It also has Trick to cripple other walls, such as Snorlax or Blissey, which could also help Slurpuff get the BD up.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

This cupcake at +6 can just run through most teams, assuming the team doesn't have a Doublade. It really appreciates the memento, even though its bulk is fairly decent with 82/86/75. It's coverage is very good with a BD set, with access to Drain Punch to recover any health lost the Belly Drum or priority moves from other mons.

This combo has been very deadly from what I've experienced, I'd recommend that anyone try it if they haven't :]

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch / Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Luke and Puff form an offensive duo that work together brilliantly. They have many of the same checks, and together can power through almost any unprepared team. Most of Slurpuff's "counters" need to be fully healthy in order to do their job, and so after taking hits from Lucario, they will be completely unable to stop a Slurpuff sweep. Jolly Lucario can also take on Extremespeed users like Entei that otherwise annoy Slurpuff, as its typing allows it to tank an Extremespeed and hit back hard, and at Jolly it outspeeds Entei. Crunch or EQ is your choice, but in general I prefer Crunch - Cresselia can easily tank a +6 Play Rough, so being able to beat it with Crunch is pretty important. Both options are excellent against Doublade and Chandelure, OHKOing the latter and putting the former into Play Rough range after a boost. Anyhow, both are good, I think Crunch is better, but EQ can be nice to get an unboosted KO on Entei if you were unable to manage a Swords Dance though (Jolly has a guaranteed KO after rocks).

Seriously, try these two out together one day - together they form an exceptionally threatening offensive core that with even a little support can just run through most teams in the tier.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch / Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Luke and Puff form an offensive duo that work together brilliantly. They have many of the same checks, and together can power through almost any unprepared team. Most of Slurpuff's "counters" need to be fully healthy in order to do their job, and so after taking hits from Lucario, they will be completely unable to stop a Slurpuff sweep. Jolly Lucario can also take on Extremespeed users like Entei that otherwise annoy Slurpuff, as its typing allows it to tank an Extremespeed and hit back hard, and at Jolly it outspeeds Entei. Crunch or EQ is your choice, but in general I prefer Crunch - Cresselia can easily tank a +6 Play Rough, so being able to beat it with Crunch is pretty important. Both options are excellent against Doublade and Chandelure, OHKOing the latter and putting the former into Play Rough range after a boost. Anyhow, both are good, I think Crunch is better, but EQ can be nice to get an unboosted KO on Entei if you were unable to manage a Swords Dance though (Jolly has a guaranteed KO after rocks).

Seriously, try these two out together one day - together they form an exceptionally threatening offensive core that with even a little support can just run through most teams in the tier.
I was honestly expecting you to submit Magneton. Really surprised tbh. :P

Let's list what can take a hit from Slurpuff after belly drum and ko it in return. (or clear smog its boosts)

-Forretress, Doublade, Aggron-M, Bronzong, Escavalier, Arcanine, Amoongus, Defensive Nidoqueen and Weezing.

Moltres can switch into all of these and 1v1 them easing the way for Slurpuff to sweep. Enough said. (Although +2 shadow sneak kos it after rocks and a LO recoil because of its huge SR weakness.)

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was honestly expecting you to submit Magneton. Really surprised tbh. :P
I considered it, but honestly MagPuff alone isn't actually that great. It's nice for Aggron, but most bulky fairies can take a hit from Magneton, and Doublade isn't trapped anyhow.

Now, Mag + Beedrill + Puff is damned good, with Mag + Bee weakening opposing teams early game and Puff cleaning late game. But since I could only submit one partner, I picked Lucario.

Reactions: nv
Sorry for me deleting my previous post, it was so bad I didn't want it to tarnish whatever skillful reputation I have.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Substitute

Maybe I shouldn't have waited so long, I would have been able to use the whole memento shenanigans as my post, oh well.
The most viable set unless you want to be a hipster fgt and use Calm Mind and Cotton Guard like a Verlisify. It's obvious that Slurpuff has trouble setting up on Steel and Poison types (for obvious reasons). We need a good ground tyoe don't we? And we don't want those bastards trying to escape oh no. You may know who I'm talking about through that description.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Sucker Punch

What was Game Freak thinking when they made this Pokemon?
Since Slurpuff has trouble setting up on Poisons and Steels, something to take them out easily is an awesome choice. Due to Arena Trap, the aforementioned Poisons and Steels will have no chance of outspeeding you (many of them are slower than a melting stick of butter down a raggedy hill) and they will succumb to a Choice Banded Earthquake. The downside to this set is you'll have to play around with some predictions because if a Mega Aggron uses Heavy Slam and Duggy is trying to switch in, it's over.
0 Atk Aggron Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dugtrio: 243-286 (115.1 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok so this week's winner is xShiba with his detailed set stealing explanation of Chandelure's ability to provide a ton of setup opportunities for Slurpuff while also roasting the Steel-types with its Fire STAB. Honorable mentions go to Dad's Dad, Hogg, BenzMafia, and Lilligant for OU. This week was a bit of a tough choice for me as I was running out of ideas...luckily for me I have frens (Arifeen in particular) who helped me with this week's decision. This week's matchmaking choice is a mon not seen very often, but can snowball teams fairly easily.

This torpedo of a shark is a really fun Pokemon and I hope you guys have fun finding this dude the "perfect" match. See you guys next week :)

P.S. please make sure to post your sets so it is easier for me to add them to the archive lol.

Mega Sharpedo might have an insanely powerful Crunch thanks to its ability Strong Jaw but without any boosting item its 80 Bp water STAB is rather underwhelming. Due to that reason Sharpedo needs all the dark resists (Dark, Fighting and Fairy types) to be weakened or removed out of its way.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

This Florges can set up on those darks and fightings that Sharpedo dislikes and 1v1 them opening up the path for a sharpedo sweep. Speed Evs are for Mandibuzz so you can move before it taunts you. Cobalion and Whimsicott annoys this core. Florges can take an iron head from Cobalion before any boost so you can Moonblast and bring it to the Waterfall range but the flinch rate is rather annoying. Whimsicott is trickier it can Encore Shark to protect or slow it down w/stun spore. Florges can two hit KO cott w/moonblast after rocks but doesn't like to be encored into any other move. So a back up check like any Chandelure variant would be great to round up this core.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mega Sharpedo is a tremendous cleaner, being able to sweep through a worn down team with Strong Jaws boosted STAB Crunch and Waterfall backed by an Attack stat of 140. However, it gets walled by bulky steels, fairies and priorities. Therefore, in my opinion, this pokemon deals with all of the walls:

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

This set takes advantage of bulky steels [Forretress, Mega Aggron, Cobalion, Doublade], Fairies [Aromataisse, Florges, Whimsicott], Grass [Chesnaught, Tangrowth, Whimsicott], Priorities [Banded Infernape, Banded Entei, Arcanine] while still weakening the opposing team for a Sharpedo cleaning. Furthermore, it has a great type synergy with Sharpedo, being able to eat the grass moves that Pedo dislikes as well as the fighting spams.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Donphan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot
- Play Rough / Knock Off
- Seed Bomb

Mega Sharpedo's sweep is often stopped short by bulky Water and Grass. No partner better than Epic Ruse CB Donphan with Gunk Shot and Seed Bomb to lure those checks in xd Play Rough to hit Mandibuzz Chesnaught and Mence but Knock Off is a great move too

Last edited:

Shark Week (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Power Ape (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake

These 2 have very strong synergy together. Mega Sharpedo is known as one of the best cleaners in UU, being able to threaten many things with Strong Jaw Crunch or Water STAB. Infernape makes an excellent partner for Mega Sharpedo. It can weaken the things which threaten Mega Sharpedo's sweep, like Forretress, MAggron, Florges, Whimsicott, and Chesnaught, among others. Their STABs and coverage moves also hit a large portion of the tier for SE damage, so not a lot really wants to switch in. Though, this core can struggle with a few things, most notably Suicune and other physically defensive Waters. So, if you're going to use this pairing, I'd recommend also throwing in a Grass or Electric type to deal with them.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedoite
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

The set pretty much everyone runs, after +1 not much stands in your way. But there are still several threats that can outspeed a +1 shark and kill it, such as Choice Scarf Mienshao. On the other hand there are plenty of things that can wall donphan easily, so maybe some attacking power?

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Earthquake
- Roost

BATON PASS IS A LEGIT STRAT

Swords Dance baton passing Gligar, oh the inducement of rage it causes. Swordpassing can be an invaluable advantage for Mega Sharpedo, as it allows for him to eviscerate it's walls. Gligar itself accounts for Sharp's weaknesses, such as bug or fighting, while Sharp accounts for Gligar's weaknesses, water and ice. Call me a spawn of Satan but this synergy works out quite nicely.

Last edited:
i dunno how anyone hasn't posted this yet, sd gligar is a good partner (even though pdefensive or even spdef is better than max atk ;_;) but this is a rly nice partner too

Dragalge @ Draco Plate / Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast / Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

dragalge helps mega sharpedo wallbreak / clean (it's usually going to be doing one of the two) by supporting it with toxic spikes, which wears down mons that trouble shark, like pert and florges (which is nice because shark can get free residual damage off of them with protect), while also providing nice defensive synergy and soaking up tspikes, which is great because sharpedo absolutely despises getting worn down by poison. sludge bomb can be used over wave if you feel like fishing for poison damage without having to worry about the opponent's tspikes absorber and also hits chesnaught, while the 3rd slot can be used for preference. focus blast is nice to fuck over forretress, cobal, and m-aggron while dragon tail takes advantage of mons thinking they can set up on a -2 drag. shark's nature is up to preference as well, with adamant giving a little more oomph while jolly lets shark outspeed those annoying scarfers at +1, which is nice because 9/10 times you won't be getting to +2 thanks to reg shark's meh offenses without life orb.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
I mean, we all know Dragalge and Sharpedo are buds, and people keep trying to make GligarPass a thing, but this little pinecone is Sharkeisha's real pal:

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Mega-Pedo is one of the best sweepers available for hazard offense, as it's a triple threat - it revenge kills early game, it wallbreaks midgame and it straight up sweeps late game when the opposing team is softened up by entry hazards. Spikes in particular work well with the shark, allowing you to reliably 2HKO bulky Waters with Crunch. Forry offers more than just Spikes, though - Rapid Spin support is also essential for a good hazard offense team, and Forry can easily switch into bulky fairies like physically defensive Florges who give Sharkeisha trouble. That slow Volt Switch is also great, as it combines with Pedo's decent power pre-evo to revenge kill a lot of offensive threats.

It combines well with any Mega-Sharpedo set, but I'm particularly fond of using Jolly Mega-Sharpedo with Protect/Crunch/Waterfall/D-bond and a backup sweeper like Puff or Luke or Gatr on hazard offense.

I mean, we all know Dragalge and Sharpedo are buds, and people keep trying to make GligarPass a thing, but this little pinecone is Sharkeisha's real pal:

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Mega-Pedo is one of the best sweepers available for hazard offense, as it's a triple threat - it revenge kills early game, it wallbreaks midgame and it straight up sweeps late game when the opposing team is softened up by entry hazards. Spikes in particular work well with the shark, allowing you to reliably 2HKO bulky Waters with Crunch. Forry offers more than just Spikes, though - Rapid Spin support is also essential for a good hazard offense team, and Forry can easily switch into bulky fairies like physically defensive Florges who give Sharkeisha trouble. That slow Volt Switch is also great, as it combines with Pedo's decent power pre-evo to revenge kill a lot of offensive threats.

It combines well with any Mega-Sharpedo set, but I'm particularly fond of using Jolly Mega-Sharpedo with Protect/Crunch/Waterfall/D-bond and a backup sweeper like Puff or Luke or Gatr on hazard offense.
>people keep trying to make Gligarpass a thing
You can't just insult my legitimate strategy like that

Dad's Dad

Banned deucer.

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Protect

+

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- U-turn

This is a core between Sharpedo and Whimsicott. With Whimsicott as its partner Sharpedo can deviate from the normal Ice Fang and run Earthquake to hit Cobalion, Dragalge, and Toxicroak. Ice Fang on Sharpedo hits a lot of Pokemon like Hydreigon, Salamence, Whimsicott, Chesnaught, and Virizion I guess. Whimsicott easily beats all of these Pokemon except opposing Whimsicott which is a speed tie. Also, because Sharpedo is Adamant at +1 it will not outspeed Scarf Mienshao or Scarf Infernape which can be paralyzed by Whimsicott and then taken out by Sharpedo when it comes in. Paralysis makes Sharpedo's job of sweeping that much easier. These two have trouble with Florges so you can pack on an Entei/Nidoqueen/Crobat/Dragalge on to your team to deal with it.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Sharpedo @ Sharpedoite
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

The set pretty much everyone runs, after +1 not much stands in your way. But there are still several threats that can outspeed a +1 shark and kill it, such as Choice Scarf Mienshao. On the other hand there are plenty of things that can wall donphan easily, so maybe some attacking power?

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Earthquake
- Roost

BATON PASS IS A LEGIT STRAT

Swords Dance baton passing Gligar, oh the inducement of rage it causes. Swordpassing can be an invaluable advantage for Mega Sharpedo, as it allows for him to eviscerate it's walls. Gligar itself accounts for Sharp's weaknesses, such as bug or fighting, while Sharp accounts for Gligar's weaknesses, water and ice. Call me a spawn of Satan but this synergy works out quite nicely.
RIP my matchmaking week

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok so this week was a major success bringing in the likes of really cool mons and also really cool sets like Spikes Forretress. ANyways this week's winner is Bouffalant with Dragalge and its ability to take almost every attack aimed at Sharpedo while pressuring the opponent with Adaptability-boosted STABs and Toxic Spikes. The honorable mentions go to BenzMafia Arifeen Mahmudkipz Duskt Lilligant for OU Hogg Dad's Dad. Now onto the matchmaking newest victim...

This little grass mon is very lonely, as she is not really seen on the ladder but she has a great ton of power with amazing coverage moves. Can you find the perfect match for this lovely little flower?

P.S. Thanks you guys for keep this thread alive. It means a lot to me and I am glad to know I am part of an amazing community and have amazing opportunities to participate in what I love.

Shaymin + Entei

These two make a excellent offensive pair that is able to threaten all archtypes of builds. Shaymin, hating pokemon that resist its main stab that are also not hit hard by its coverage moves, like Forretress, Whismicott, and opposing Shaymin are all hit very hard by Entei's main stab in sacred fire. On the other end of the spectrum, Entei hates bulky waters. Shaymin is easily able to brush off any burns from scalds thanks to natural cure and threaten pretty much any water in the tier with its powerful seed flare.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Rest

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age

Shaymin + Entei

These two make a excellent offensive pair that is able to threaten all archtypes of builds. Shaymin, hating pokemon that resist its main stab that are also not hit hard by its coverage moves, like Forretress, Whismicott, and opposing Shaymin are all hit very hard by Entei's main stab in sacred fire. On the other end of the spectrum, Entei hates bulky waters. Shaymin is easily able to brush off any burns from scalds thanks to natural cure and threaten pretty much any water in the tier with its powerful seed flare.​
P.S. please make sure to post your sets so it is easier for me to add them to the archive lol.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
(copied Cnorth26 formatting because it looked nice )

Heracross + Shaymin

Alright this is a core I've actually use a lot with Shaymin these make amazing offensive partners Heracross gets rid of the Specail walls Shaymin can't yet while Shaymin can Provide Tailwind to speed up Heracross and sweep late game but thank to the Burn damage it can get low pretty quick so Healing Wish Shaymin can give it a second chance to kill everything Hidden Power Ice take care of Salamence that try to Set-Up on Shaymin. This core hdoes have it trouble though having no switch in to Fire Types, Fairy Types, FlyingTypes , and Hazards so Pokemon like Mega Aerodactl to check to Fire and Flying types or Empolean to keep hazards away and set them up try it out and see how good it is. I recommend Facade over Megahorn has it hits everything for Neutral damage except Steel and Rock-Types.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Healing Wish

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Sword Dance
- Facade / Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Last edited:
maero shaymin
Very threatening core. M-Aero is one of the best mons in the tier and dislikes waters. Shaymin likes them, Shaymin dislikes Fires and Flyings, Aero likes them somes times (not Pidge and Entei) haha. But Shaymin is able to wall break and pivot on waters as well as passing HW (thats alot) and Aero is able to stall break if its running taunt and be the swiss army knife its known for being. I slashed Taunt and Hone Claws respectively bc they do well for diff teams. Hone Claws does well if u can deal with stall well and want a good sweep and taunt is for stall breaking obv. This core pairs really well with Feraligatr who benefits from Shaymin's water killing ability and HW and Aeros stallbreaking and secondary sweeping potential.
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge/Taunt
- Aerial Ace/Hone Claws
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish
- Rest/Leech Seed/Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Whatever the fuck u feel like

+

This core is quite nice because of how brutally offensive and dangerous to balance it can be. Choosing a partner to Shaymin isn't as much about picking something that has excellent defensive synergy but picking something that capitalizes off of Shaymin's checks and counters offensively, and that's exactly what Shaymin + Feraligatr does. Feraligatr sets up on and beats most of the stuff that RKs Shaymin, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Chandelure, Entei (fuck burns), Choice-Locked Rotom-H, Specs Kyurem and SpDef walls such as Florges and Blissey. On the other side, Feraligatr benefits from Shaymin wallbreaking for it and simultaneously breaking the mindless checking that most people throw on their team for gatr, some variant of roarcune. Shaymin also beats standard electrics like Heliolisk and Mega Ampharos which may beat gatr and can use EP/Psychic to break Toxicroak. Shaymin also provides healing wish, so the limits that this core does for itself is endless. Here are the sets down below:

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Punch / Substitute (honestly, this gatr doesn't need sub but if you really want it, change attack to 220 and add 36 SpDef evs)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)