UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new to UU and I would like to request a team around Defensive Zapdos and Mega Beedrill. Feel free to edit them however you like. (I'd really appreciate if you didn't change the nature on Zapdos however.)

Zapdos is a tank, it can take physical hits and special hits alike, can set statuses with Discharge and Toxic, and has access to recovery with Lefties/Roost. Roar for setup/wallbreakers.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost

Beedrill is fast as hell and hits like a truck. Protect for the first turn to get the speed boost, then u-turn, p-jab and drill run for coverage.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Drill Run

Together I think these two make a great core, however I am new to this tier so I don't know entirely and I'm open to sugestions/improvements on either of these mons. Thanks much :)
Hey this was 3 months ago, I would appreciate a team built around these two, thanks :^)

Hello! Can I just get a viable team with two scarfers? Its all I want and I want it too be workable. I don't care what pokemon are carrying the scarf as long as it works for the team. I hope this isnt breaking the rules. Thank you so much!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So as with the fact that this thread's activity, as well as the builders themselves, have died down a bit, I took it upon myself, with agreement with a few builders I discussed this with, to hit the reset button. Basically this means all requests are now being taken down as not only were some of them not really cohesive with the meta (or good anti-meta), but the fact that we had so many requests and none of the builders really felt inspired to build from what I gathered. Not only did I clear out all requests, we also had a shift in the builders. Thanks goes to Do A Bibarel, Christo., and Yifeng for being amazing while we had them. While these three did leave, I ended up recruiting three more, so welcome King UU, Pearl, and R0ady to the team. Another thing is with the Sample Team thread changing hands, I archived the posts in YABO's thread and made new ones in Aquadext's thread as he is the new holder of the Sample Team thread.

With me hitting the reset button, I truly hope to breathe life back into this thread as this is a really good resource to UU players, new and old.

Maybe with DaSpoofy being back, he could go back to making videos of the teams to show how successful they are.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Ok lets start it out then :) How about a Spikes stacking team with new UU member Alakazam

Alakazam @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Encore/Dazzling Gleam/Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Edited in Lucario to create an offensive core. Lucario is a great mon to pair with zam because it handles steels in a more efficient manner, as well as having absolutely free switches in to Mandibuzz which I expect will be more common as a way to handle Alakazam. The normal SD Lucario with EQ mainly to handle Doublades, otherwise Doublade would be a huge pain to both of these mons.

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse

Been wanting to get back into UU with me being away for a good 10+ months and if possible, I'd like to request a balanced team built around Double Dance Porygon-Z. I feel it has solid potential as a wallbreaker or as a sweeper despite how frail it is. Volt-turn can be used if its deemed to be best for it and thanks in advance.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Sort've been trying to make a good P2 team for a while now, but I've gotten lazy and since the new drops have came, I decided to give the request to you guys. Offensive Trick Room Porygon2 is actually pretty cool as it has access to the coveted BoltBeam coverage and hits decently hard, while also being a reliable Trick Room setter. Thanks in advance!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Here's something.

Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist / Mold Breaker
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab

I've always wanted to use Swords Dance Pangoro, but I never got the chance to. ;_; Anyway, with a gigantic Attack stat boosted to sky high levels after a Swords Dance, STAB Knock Off and access to Gunk Shot and Poison Jab to take out Faries, Pangoro should have no problem sweeping once faster offensive Pokemon and extremely bulky Physical walls have been eliminated. Also, DON'T SAY NO TO PANDA ! n_n

Thanks for the opportunity to be back on the team NV. I am happy to be apart of this great thread.

My Contributions
___
Being apart of this thread holds me accountable to provide you guys with fantastic teams that will improve your performance in Pokemon Showdown. The teams I put on this thread will be top tier creations that are tested throughout the ladder, in room tours, and in tournament play. I will be getting second hand approval from other great builders to tell me if I overlooked something. Innovation will be a natural part of my teams. I will refrain from providing you with shitty gimmicks to preserve the quality of my teams.

If you see a major flaw in my team, or if you wish to call me out on some misplaced logic, then please do it in a respectful and helpful manner. I mean, if I use snowball Cobalion, call me out (shout outs to Cyndequil.). Something like this should not happen again and if it does then I am more than welcome to some healthy criticism.

My UU Team Builder testing videos will be starting up again and will be improved. Hogg mentioned that they are rather long and some of the battles I showcased are poor quality. I will be cutting down the length by having highlights of the battles and then providing you with the whole battle in the post I make in this thread. The battles I have will be against quality players and I will showcase losses if I feel they contribute to understanding the team better. Here is a link to the playlist on my channel where I will be putting the videos (LINK). Wanka don't make fun of my food backgrounds again please ;_;

How you can help us
___
If you want us to build a team around a pokemon, then make that pokemon decent. If it is innovation, then make sure it is not a gimmick. We, as builders, do not want to struggle to make teams work. We do not want to have 4-5 other pokemon on one team just so the gimmick can work. It is not worth it. This limits the quality of the teams we provide and generally wastes time. This thread is generally for people that have tried to make something work, but have a hard time finding the right synergy for it to be placed in a team. That is when we come in with our knowledge and find a way. If you consider these things when posting a mon to be built around, it will get done faster and the team provided to you will be better.

Cores are a little different. You can have two great pokemon with standard sets in a core but then they have no synergy. I saw a Mega Beedrill and Toxic Stalling Zapdos as a proposal earlier in the thread that never was attempted by our builders. That is because there is a lack of synergy. I can understand volt switch Zapdos with Bee but it wasn't. Making a team around a core with no synergy is basically double duty for us. We have to find synergy with each pokemon withing a single team that meets all the team building restrictions. Post cores with synergy please. If you need help determining this, you can ask any one of the staff and/or builders on Showdown.

Thank you guys for reading! I will try to be as active as possible for this thread but, of course, I have real life responsibilities. I can't wait to see all the great teams that will come about from this thread. Have a nice day!

Well since it's reset, can I get a team built around Alakazam and scarf Krook. I'm not married to the Alakazam but LO sounds like a cool set to mess around with. I think Scarf Krook would be cool to revenge unboosted Gyara and typical Zam. The sets can be which ever the team builder wants to use to maximize creativity, thanks!
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Alakazam @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore/Twave/Energy Ball

Hi builders! I would like a balance team built around Bulky RD Mega Swampert and Offensive Defog Zapdos. Mega-Swampert is a monster in the rain, but is threatened by bulky water types such as Suicune and Alomomola, and bulky grass types such as Tangrowth and Chesnaught. To plug in M-Swampert's weaknesses, we have Zapdos, who resists its only weakness and is a general check to both water and grass types with its electric + fire coverage. Here are the sets!

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 220 HP / 108 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

King UU's set, giving a decent amount of bulk and offense while hitting enough speed to outspeed M-Aero.

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Enough speed to outspeed max speed base 90s while also giving a little more bulk.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manafwee

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 220 HP / 108 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Leftovers / Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Strangely enough, I was building a Zam team and it happened to feature the core you wanted. I feel like the spreads still work really nicely on this especially since MPert is a nice secondary MAero check if it is healthy. Anyways, I first started off with Life Orb + Calm Mind Zam as it is a very nice wallbreaker and can become a win condition in certain conditions. Next up, I slapped on MegaPert as it took care of the Steel-types that Alakazam didn't like since it lacked Focus Blast. Cobalion was up next as it is a great role compressor, being able to gain momentum via Volt Switch and lay down Stealth Rock. Offensive Whimsicott has been my bae for awhile now as people keep expecting the Pivot set and EVs, allowing Whimsicott to net some damage on Pokemon that normally tend to stay in. Choice Scarf Hydreigon was needed as it can revenge weakened fast Megas such as Mega Beedrill, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Aerodactyl. Zapdos ended up in the last spot as I needed a Flying resist and hazard control. I know your request says EBelt, but I feel like Leftovers is so much more useful as it gives Zapdos a reason to not be forced to Roost in certain situations and makes its job as a Defogger a bit easier.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Jordn

Got 2 different versions of your request:

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Sableye @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Already had version 2 in mind before you edited your request with Lucario, and I think it's the superior version by a large margin, considering the defensive utility Doublade provides it with allows Alakazam to run Life Orb without any worry of the team getting instantly 6-0d by Pokemon such as DD Mence. It's also, unlikely Lucario, a solid Fairy-type switch in, which would be pretty hard to fit in here otherwise. You can still use the first version if you're really adamant about running Lucario though.

Teambuilding process: Alakazam was the requested Pokemon, which makes it a no-brainer. The combination of Froslass + Sableye is the easiest/safest way of guaranteeing Spikes get set up and kept on the field against Defog / Rapid Spin users. For the 3 remaining slots, I needed a Stealth Rock setter and an offensive core with a good set of resistances. Stealth Rock Cobalion could also work in this kind of framework, but I decided to opt for fat Aerodactyl, due to the speed control it provides, as well as its fast Taunt, longevity and ability to check Fire-types. Doublade and Hydreigon work really well together, resisting every single typing in the game between each other while also being able to do a lot of work against opposing teams with hazards on the field. It's worth noting that Iron Tail Hydreigon works as an amazing Florges lure for Alakazam too.

Alternative options:
  • Nasty Plot Lucario
  • A different combination of moves on Physical Lucario
  • Stealth Rock Cobalion + Hone Claws Aerodactyl
  • Roost on Hydreigon
Also have a team ready for BrandonBeast, but I won't be posting it alongside this one because it'd make this post needlessly long.

Reposting since Sacri' told me to. Thanks.

Heyyyyy
I would like to request a team around these guys:-

Zapdos @ Lagging Tail
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Roost
- Defog
- Baton Pass
- Agility

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

From what I've seen, +2 LO hoopa has 0 counters
Literally nothing walls it and the only way to beat is to kill it with priority or focus miss hax.
I would like to see a cash team around Lagging tail zapdos ( so that Hoopa doesn't take damage on the switch) and LO nasty plot hoopa (It OHKOs everything in the tier after SR and +2 even Mandibuzz!)

(Balanced team, whatever that is)

I would like to see a rocker, some stuff to take care of priorities such as sucker croak and btw you can change the sets so you can remove nasty plot or roost or defog or lagging tail or whatever. and THANK YOU!

Something I've had on my mind for a while now:

Zapdos @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I'm mainly thinking this could be good because even with max HP max SpAttck Zapdos is still fast enough to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame. That means it can take priority attacks- especially Ice Shard from Mamoswine that much easier. I put HP ice because Gligar and Mence walls this set otherwise, which sucks because Mence is ridiculously popular. Feel free to change the sets though.

For the rest of the team, just make it balanced, with SR please. Also, NO CroCune. At all.

Lastly, this isn't super urgent, so feel free to do any other requests before mine, I really don't need it right away.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
BrandonBeast

Got two versions of your request as well:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Protect

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Protect

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Both versions are solid, but after messing around with both, I've come to the conclusion that Analytic Porygon2 with 3 Attacks + Virizion is a lot more consistent overall, while Download Trick Room Porygon2 + Spikes Chesnaught tends to perform nicely against offense but might struggle with stall builds a lot more.

Teambuilding process: Building full Trick Room teams is boring. For real, all you have to do is choose a slow hard hitting Mega Evolution (Abomasnow, Ampharos, Camerupt or even Steelix) and then patch it up with more hard hitters and some fat setters (Diancie, Cresselia, Porygon2). With that in mind, I decided to take a different approach with offensive Porygon2. Tentacruel + Escavalier + Gligar is a defensive core I've playing around with lately, and I believe it goes really nicely with Porygon2, providing me with hazard removal, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes (which, by the way, go really well in tandem with Porygon2) and Pursuit. Houndoom + Virizion round off the team, giving me something to discourage Entei from spamming Sacred Fire on me, some speed control and an answer to Water-types, as well as being really nice conditions. Chesnaught is used over Virizion if Trick Room on Porygon2 is chosen, because of the Spikes support it gives and its lower speed tier.

Possible changes:
  • A different 3rd + 4th move combination on Escavalier (Knock Off, Drill Run, Toxic)
  • U-turn on Gligar
  • Flame Charge / Taunt Houndoom

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
TONE114
Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Agility
- Nasty Plot

Beedrill-Mega (M) @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off / Drill Run
- Protect
- U-turn

Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Encore

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion @ Leftovers / Shucca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Salamence (M) @ Dragon Fang / Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Started with Double Dance PZ as the requested mon and gave it max speed with a Timid nature in order to outspeed important threats that it wouldn't be able to with a Modest nature. PZ would really appreciate teammates that could pivot to bring it in, so I chose Mega Bee as the next member. Drill Run is an option over Knock Off to make Cobalion less of a threat, but I personally prefer Knock Off as it helps with many more mons. The Jolly Nature is pretty important as this team is susceptible to Focus Blast Mega Sceptile if the next member goes down. Most MSceptiles run Modest but you could speed tie at worst with the Timid ones. It also helps against Scarfed Chandelure. I then added in bulky Whimsicott as my Draco switch in, soft water check, and yet another pivot. Encore and Stun Spore make Whimsicott a very important utility member to the team, as it just cripples what could be big threats (Ex: Opposing SD Cobalion, Yanmega) or stops them in their tracks. Seismitoad gave me some well needed role compression in a fire check, aero check, stealth rocker, water immunity and volt immunity. SD Stone Edge Coba came next as I needed a Beedrill switch in, more answers for Gyara and because it's just so good when Stone Edge nails a bunch of would-be counters. It also gave me a secondary wincon. Lastly, I needed a defogger and another fire check to take a lot of pressure off of Seismitoad. Salamence fit perfectly, giving me a flying type, fire check, fighting check and a great special attacker.

Last edited:

Threw

cohiba

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain

Yanmega is the Zam check that everyone's sleeping on, and even before the drop I always thought it was pretty nice, but I'm too bad at teambuilding LAZY to make it work just right. HO would be cool, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Thanks :^)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
BrandonBeast

Got two versions of your request as well:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Protect

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Protect

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Both versions are solid, but after messing around with both, I've come to the conclusion that Analytic Porygon2 with 3 Attacks + Virizion is a lot more consistent overall, while Download Trick Room Porygon2 + Spikes Chesnaught tends to perform nicely against offense but might struggle with stall builds a lot more.

Teambuilding process: Building full Trick Room teams is boring. For real, all you have to do is choose a slow hard hitting Mega Evolution (Abomasnow, Ampharos, Camerupt or even Steelix) and then patch it up with more hard hitters and some fat setters (Diancie, Cresselia, Porygon2). With that in mind, I decided to take a different approach with offensive Porygon2. Tentacruel + Escavalier + Gligar is a defensive core I've playing around with lately, and I believe it goes really nicely with Porygon2, providing me with hazard removal, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes (which, by the way, go really well in tandem with Porygon2) and Pursuit. Houndoom + Virizion round off the team, giving me something to discourage Entei from spamming Sacred Fire on me, some speed control and an answer to Water-types, as well as being really nice conditions. Chesnaught is used over Virizion if Trick Room on Porygon2 is chosen, because of the Spikes support it gives and its lower speed tier.

Possible changes:
  • A different 3rd + 4th move combination on Escavalier (Knock Off, Drill Run, Toxic)
  • U-turn on Gligar
  • Flame Charge / Taunt Houndoom
Thanks Pearl! I really like the teams so far, they're so fun to use and are pretty hard to take down as well! n_n

Can I suggest a team build around sub bulk up braviary

Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

I find this set to be really good it uses scald users as set up fodder. I am a mediocre team builder and cant seem to make it work. Ev spread can be changed.

nv

The Lost Age

Can I suggest a team build around sub bulk up braviary

Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

I find this set to be really good it uses scald users as set up fodder. I am a mediocre team builder and cant seem to make it work. Ev spread can be changed.
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think B- or above in the viability rankings)
Since Braviary isn't on the VR, this request is denied; however, you may make anothe request if you want :)

Jordn

Got 2 different versions of your request:

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Sableye @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Sableye @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Already had version 2 in mind before you edited your request with Lucario, and I think it's the superior version by a large margin, considering the defensive utility Doublade provides it with allows Alakazam to run Life Orb without any worry of the team getting instantly 6-0d by Pokemon such as DD Mence. It's also, unlikely Lucario, a solid Fairy-type switch in, which would be pretty hard to fit in here otherwise. You can still use the first version if you're really adamant about running Lucario though.

Teambuilding process: Alakazam was the requested Pokemon, which makes it a no-brainer. The combination of Froslass + Sableye is the easiest/safest way of guaranteeing Spikes get set up and kept on the field against Defog / Rapid Spin users. For the 3 remaining slots, I needed a Stealth Rock setter and an offensive core with a good set of resistances. Stealth Rock Cobalion could also work in this kind of framework, but I decided to opt for fat Aerodactyl, due to the speed control it provides, as well as its fast Taunt, longevity and ability to check Fire-types. Doublade and Hydreigon work really well together, resisting every single typing in the game between each other while also being able to do a lot of work against opposing teams with hazards on the field. It's worth noting that Iron Tail Hydreigon works as an amazing Florges lure for Alakazam too.

Alternative options:
  • Nasty Plot Lucario
  • A different combination of moves on Physical Lucario
  • Stealth Rock Cobalion + Hone Claws Aerodactyl
  • Roost on Hydreigon
Also have a team ready for BrandonBeast, but I won't be posting it alongside this one because it'd make this post needlessly long.
Hey don't mean to be rude but this gets eaten alive by mega absol. Anyway you can make it less weak to it?

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
+2 sucker on that aero spread is a roll. with that said, you can tweak it to survive from full everytime. foul play on sable can work as a lure too. if none of those changes are your cup of tea then run scarf hydra + doublade

edit: or sashzam

Last edited:
Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 216 Atk / 92 SpA / 200 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Bomb

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Can I request a team build around heracross and zoroar. I love zoroark but is pretty hard to build around it. I made Zoroark moveset but can be changed would like the team to be offense but
hyper offense works to

+2 sucker on that aero spread is a roll. with that said, you can tweak it to survive from full everytime. foul play on sable can work as a lure too. if none of those changes are your cup of tea then run scarf hydra + doublade

edit: or sashzam
can sub zam also work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)