"Unsung Heroes" - My first RMT

NEW UPDATES!!!

After a couple of improvements brought on my the critiques in this thread and good ol' play time, I'm now at Unsung Heroes: V1.2. Changes are in Red!

The purpose of this team is to win using confusing, unorthodox and surprisingly effective strategies. It can also be considered a pseudo-trick room team.

Well, here we go.

In the lead position: Smeargle!

Smeargle @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry (I switch up based on prediction)
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP - 252 Spd

Trick Room
Spore
Endeavor
Transform

Based on my experience, Smeargle wreaks havoc on leads that do not use Taunt.

Strategy: If I know I'm slower, Trick Room. If I know I'm faster, Spore or Transform. Endeavor is for when I go with Focus Sash over Berry as it is an excellent mind game. The Old Endeavor + First strike move combo comes to mind and I wind up using Endeavor again on whatever they switch in. Very wicked, very annoying.

Second Up: Bronzong! (Yes, the same 'Zong I posted in the other thread)

Blue Bell the Bronzong @ Iron Ball
Ability: Heat Proof
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 ATK - 100 Def - 100 Sp. Def - 52 HP

Trick Room
Confuse Ray
Extrasensory
Gyro Ball

*Sigh* STILL Haven't hatched the Brave Nature with Levitate yet...-_-'
In an environment where there are at least 2 or 3 extra-speedy Pokemon on a team (On avearge), the ability to turn your opponent's sweepers on thier sides can shift the tide of battle to your favor.

Now, you're probably asking, "Iron Ball, WTF?"

Here's the thing, holding the Iron Ball cuts your speed in half, effectively boosing the power of Gyro Ball. It also gives you more than enough reason to have Heat-Proof over Levitate since Iron Ball doesn't cancel out heatproof.

Also, "Why 'Extrasensory' instead of 'Psychic'?". With Trick Room out, you have a 20% chance of flinch with 'Sensory.

This particular Bronzong build has gone in my own personal records as having had Swept one team's last 3 Pokes as well as 1HKOing a Blissey after becoming Paralyzed, (Which only served to cut his speed in half AGAIN!)

Now for more Power: Hitmontop!

Top Man the Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Impish
EVs: 128 HP - 100 Def - 252 Atk - (The Rest) Sp. Def

Fake Out
Mach Punch
Rapid Spin
Pursuit

Still No Adamant yet. Now that he doesn't necessarily need the Def. to take hits to fuel revenge, I can go will all-out Power.
This little guy wails on things with two Technician-powered, Life-Orb-boosted First strike moves.

Oh, and uh...Pursuit for Ghosts. Top Man Has 1hKO a Gengar on a non-switch pursuit.
New Crowning Achievement: Fake-out to Mach Punch KO on Starter Alakazam (Lucky for me he didn't have Inner Focus!)
Revenge has been replaced with Rapid Spin.

Now, we get to the fun stuff: Shedinja!

Kantuchdis the Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Nature: Lonely (Like he needs Defense anyway...)
EVs: 252 Atk - 252 Speed (What else are you going to put them in?)

Shadow Claw
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Protect

A true aggrivation in itself, Shedinja is quite possibly the best switch-in for things like DD Gyarados, Kingdra, The occasional Electivire and any Scizor foolish enough to leave the house without Pursuit.

When a switch is almost guaranteed, I greet the new opponent with my choice of Confuse Ray or Will-o-Wisp. Protect to anticipate thier move, then make the appropriate switch. If I'm feeling lucky, I'll gamble my Focus sash against thier confusion and go for a jab with Shadow Claw or for the Burn. Then, Protect to stall for some passive burn, then switch again.

Now for something completely different: Gastrodon!

Azul the Gastrodon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sticky Hold
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP - 128 Def - 128 Sp Def

Recover
Protect
Counter
Mirror Coat

I might as well name this thing "Pseudofett". Gastrodon is my greatest defense against the most powerful attackers that are not protected by a Substitute.

Simply Protect to anticipate the attack, then Counter or Mirror Coat appropriately. Or, if you know what's going to happen (EG: Opponent in the middle of an outrage), just tag them from the get-go with Retaliatory goodness. I always pray I don't flinch on Waterfalls though...

If Trick Room is Active, it gives Gastrodon a chance to heal for another dose of retaliatory Goodness!

Last, but most certainly not least: Lapras!

Yumei W.S. the Lapras @ Grip Claw
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Bashful
EVs: 252 HP - 128 Def - 128 Sp Def.

Whirlpool
Perish Song
Endure
Protect

Yes, the Lapras I praise in my signature is this very monster. If there is a wall, she tears it down. (Just look at my sig!) If there is an annoying Sub, she scares it away.

The strategy is obvious: Trap them with Whirlpool, Perish Song, Survive, then switch on the last turn. Grip Claw ensures the opponent will stay trapped throughout the duration of Perish Song.

Endure and Protect have granted me 100% Survivability since I changed the moveset. Only weaknesses to this tactic are Taunt, Sandstorm, Leech Seed (If I have to Endure and am at 1HP. I have not had this problem yet, but am fully aware it can happen.

----------------------------------------------------------
Weaknesses:

Obviously, Stealth Rock kind of poops on my party
Taunt isn't much fun for me either.
Lapras does not work against Vaporeon...=(

I've still have a difficult time pinning out specific Pokemon that this team folds too since Gastrodon covers beastly attack and Lapras is on Wall/Stall coverage.

So, yes. Please rate/comment/help.

Good luck, have fun!

I applaud your originality, really I do, but this team has little to no chance at standing up to completely OU teams. Many of the popular threats, most notably Scizor, Salamence, Skymin, Kingdra, Infernape, Gengar, Gyarados, Tyranitar and Azelf all cause major problems for your team. I can see many different Pokemon setting up and sweeping without too much trouble.

While I admit that this team has taken a few losses here and there, I can safely say that I rarely ever get "Mowed Down"; even by Completely OU teams.

Using your specific Pokemon examples, Gilderon, I'll add to this what I've experienced with this team:

-Standard Gyarados and Kingdra have nothing on Shedinja.
-Gengar Folds to Top Man's Pursuit or Bronzong's Gyro Ball
-I don't have to worry about Skymin yet since I seem to be the only person on the planet who is waiting for Platinum to actually come out in amaerica before adjusting my teams accordingly.
-Yes, Tyranitar is a problem
-"Set up and Sweep" gets stopped short by Gastrodon.

Thank you for your feedback, I will try to make some appropriate adjustments. I need to study up on Skymin.

Anyone else?

24-Hour Bump!

I know it's not approximately 24 hours, But I work 1AM-9AM and I'm about to go to sleep.

Can I please ask again for help on my Hitmontop's Move switch? I'm torn between scrapping Revenge or Mach Punch to add Rapid Spin.

Close Combat will do more damage than revenge as it doesn't receive tech boost because its BP will be above 60.

Macho Brace has the same affect as Iron Ball But it doesn't cancel out levitate so if your going to use this team, give Zong a Macho Brace and Levitate instead of Iron Ball and Heatwave.

Also Iron Ball isn't on shoddy yet.

Close Combat will do more damage than revenge as it doesn't receive tech boost because its BP will be above 60.
Really? All the more reason to scrap Revenge then. I was misguided into believing otherwise. Thanks.

Macho Brace has the same affect as Iron Ball But it doesn't cancel out levitate so if your going to use this team, give Zong a Macho Brace and Levitate instead of Iron Ball and Heatwave.

Also Iron Ball isn't on shoddy yet.
People have repeatedly told me about Macho Brace + Levitate. I am currently working on hatching a new Bronzor with a Brave Nature and Levitate. Thank you.

An for your comment on Shoddy, please refer to my updated Signature.

Time for me to go to sleep now. Thanks, guys. Next time I post, I will have updates, maybe pictures this time.

Any other critiques and/or ratings are greatly appreciated!

Well, I made an update. Still no pics though. They aren't required, are they?

EDIT: Ah, nuts to it. Nobody seems to care about this one. I guess I'll RMT My lastest creation. if any mods happen to see this message, you may lock this thread. I'm done with this one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)