ORAS UU UU Double team

So this is my UU doubles team. I'm pretty happy with it but I've been thinking of making a few changes and wanted to get some input.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Tailwind (Sky Drop)
- Taunt

Aerodactyl is for support and offense. Rock slide and Earthquake are both used for coverage, and rock slide can cause flinching. Tailwind is for support to speed up the team, and Taunt is to block things like simple beam, substitute, and trick room. Life orb is for added offense, and unnerve to prevent berries, EV's and nature are set to make Aerodactly into a physical sweeper.

I've been thinking of switching Tailwind for Skydrop, as I havent been using Tailwind much recently.

Masquerain @ Choice Scarf (focus Scarf)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Struggle Bug
- Icy Wind
- U-turn
- Sticky Web

I recently used a Masquerain in my Omega Ruby team and I love it. Masqurain is set up to be a special sweeper, but is a support role. Intimidate obviously lowers the attack right off the bat which is great. Struggle Bug and Icy Wind hit both opposing pokemon and lower their special attack and speed respectively. U-turn is to get masquerain out of there in case intimidate was useful but struggle bug/icy wind wont be and more useful later. Sticky web is also self explanatory, as it's awesome. Choice scarf is so that Masqurain can get atleast 1 attack in, but I've been considering focus sash as a substitute. nature and EVs are set to make it a special ssweeper, so it can be fast and add a little extra juice to it's attacks.

Gastrodon @ Life Orb
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power
- Protect

Surf and Earthpower are for coverage and power. Hidden power grass is for things like swampert and quagsire that pop up every so often. Protect is to keep it safe from things like earthquake from Aerodactly and stuff. Life orb if for added strength, and nature adn EV's are to make it more bulky and specially offensive.

Now, storm drain is the most important part of this. 50% of this team is weak to water, with surf and muddy water being common attacks. Gastrodon can protect it's team mates from water attacks and use it to boost it's special attack. Hidden Power Grass comes into play to deal with water types that would give most of my team a hard time. I wish Gastrogon got grass knot or giga drain, bit hidden power grass works well enough with a boost from storm drain.

Mienshao @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Feint (U turn)
- Wide Guard
- Fake Out
- Aura Sphere

My go to pokemon when i found out Hitmontop was banned from UU doubles. Feint is to cut through protect which is fairly common. Wide guard is to protect from multi target attacks, and even protects against surf and earthquake from your own team. Fake out is always good to get a flinch, and Aura sphere is a personal choice. Mienshao has a nice attack, and a usable special attack. going special would surprise people and catch them off guard, and in case of burn like from will-o-wisp of scald I'm still able to hit hard. Sitrus berry os for extra HP, and regenerator the same reason. Feint also replaced U-turn which goes better with Regenerator, but feint I find very useful. EVs and nature are set to make Mienshao a special sweeper.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Blizzard
- Protect

The first of my power houses, Nidoking is a special sweeper because it's special movepool is better with sheer force. Earth power is for STAB and coverage, with Blizzard and Rock Slide for hitting both targets and getting the sheer force boost. Protect os to keep Nidoking around for a bit longer. Life orb is to give Nidoking an extra boost making him a deadlier king than Joffery. EVs and nature are to make Nidoking a special sweeper.

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

The second of my powerhouses. Arcanine's intimidate offers some support, with it's moves being all attacks. Flare Blitz if for STAB and lots of power, and Wild Charge and Close Combat for coverage. Extremespeed is to revenge kill. Sitrus berry is to get some health back, especially since two of Arcanine's moves hurt itself. EVs and Nature are to make it a bulky sweeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)