UU RMT - This is teh witty tietl no ?

The Team At A Glance

This is my first dabble in UU for a loooooong while. I decided I wanted to build a team suited to Mismagius, as it's one of my more favoured pokemon. I don't have much experience with the UU metagame, so I probably have some glaring flaws in it, but that's why I posted the team.​

Crobat @ Leftovers
Jolly
168 HP / 108 SpD / 232 Spe
-U-turn
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Roost​

Crobat comes in > Ambipom, as it actually plays a role after leading. Brave Bird hurts anything stupid enough to switch into it, and U-turn lets me start scouting. Counters the ever annoying Shaymin.​

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD

Surf
Grass Knot​
Toxic
Slack Off

Kabutops counter, who is present on the common Rain Dance teams of today. Isn't weak to Aerial Ace's from Kabutops like Poliwrath is, and has overall better bulk. Toxic is for walls that are troublesome, and helps wear anything down in tandem with Slack Off.​

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
108 HP / 180 SpA / 220 Spe
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball​

Standard yet extremely effective Mismagius. Teams well with Shaymin, both of which remove certain counters to the other. Everyone knows how it works, so I won't bore you with it. Shadow Ball for STAB blah blah. Switches into Explosions and is my make-shift spin blocker. Thunderbolt = Dead Crobat, and HP Fighting doesn't cover the same threats as in OU.​

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
Clear Body
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock​

Sets Stealth Rock and causes headaches. Walls an abundant amount the the UU metagame. Completely halts fliers like Swellow, and can switch into Crobat, who annoys Shaymin.​

Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
Mild Nature
76 Atk / 220 SpA / 212 Spe
Blaze
-Superpower
-Hidden Power Ice
-Overheat
-ThunderPunch​

Scarf Blaziken hurts. Alot. Superpower sorts out Chansey and the like, with ThunderPunch covering fliers and the less-bulky waters. Overheat for an amazingly powerful STAB, HP ICE covers Gligar, Altaria etc. Revenge kills Shaymin, who otherwise is a problem.

Shaymin-L @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Natural Cure
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-Air Slash
-Rest​

Most used UU, and for good reason. Seed Flare is massive here. Great STAB + the SpD drop is nice. Earth Power makes Registeel think twice, and Shaymin can just Rest off any Thunder Wave's aimed it's way. Air Slash is for other Shaymin, as well as Roserade and some fighters.​

__________​

Currently has performed well on Shoddy, but I just think it's lacking... something. Ambipom doesn't really do much other than act as a transition pokemon, so I was thinking of replacing it with something more useful in the long term. Poliwhirl has countered Kabutops effectively, but other than that it's use is again limited. Suggestions welcomed.​

~T_S​

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
quite a big weakness to subseed shaymin. It can come in on poliwrath and registeel and get a free substitute and then you have to predict well (but seriously, who doesn't have to predict well against shaymin?). I'd run double hit on ambipom for this sole reason, just extra insurance in tough situations (outdamages return by a bit too). 90% is still pretty good accuracy, so I think it is the preferable option.

Run tbolt > hp fighting. Beating crobat and honchkrow (predict well!) is much better then hitting registeel supereffectively, which you won't beat anyway...

Poliwrath is really outclassed by slowbro in most aspects.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
252Hp / 212 Def / 44 Sp. def
Surf
Grass Knot (die kabutops)
Toxic / Thunderwave / Ice Beam
Slack Off

Counters kabutops fine, otherwise this team isn't too bad.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Panamaxis, after your suggestion, you just changed it into my old team, lol.

Subseed Shaymin is a huge pain for this team, as I found out, and generally had to sacrifice a pokemon. For this end, I would suggest Crobat over Ambipom, so you have a full stop against Shaymin. Use LonelyNess's spread, that is set to become the new Standard - 168 HP/ 108 SpDef/ 232 Spe Jolly.

Can't rate much more than that, that's like rating my own team.

Perhaps try a Poliwrath set of Sub, Focus Punch, Toxic, Ice Punch? Focus Punch and Ice Punch give perfect neutral coverage except against Slowbro, who is going to cry when he gets Toxic'd. Also, consider HP Ice on Shaymin over Air Slash, atleast being able to hit Crobat on the switch is worthwhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)